Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1345 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam top 10
10. Re: Steam top 10 May 13, 2012, 13:43 ColoradoHoudini

I have a feeling I will pick up D3 only because (or mainly because?) I won't have Torchlight 2 to play yet, and Guild Wars 2 isn't out for a bit either. Leaving me with a lack of RPG/persistent stat games to play

god dangit.. I am going to get d3... aren't i?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DARK Announced
14. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 19:23 ColoradoHoudini

Cell shading or that weird look in general is the one major strike I have against Firefall.
The game would look 10x better if they made it look more modern, kinda like Tribes or whatever a new version of UT would look like.

Well, the second strike is the complete lack of open world PvP in a MMOShooter.

back on topic gents!

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews May 6, 2012, 11:54 ColoradoHoudini

I just can't see myself getting into this knowing GW2 is just so freaking amazing.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer
26. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 12:17 ColoradoHoudini

After playing the GW2 beta.. I am spoiled. If this game doesnt have as much as GW2.. no thanks.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer
12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer May 2, 2012, 08:13 ColoradoHoudini

I do not intend on buying this game..but the way the trailer was shown during the NBA playoff game absolutely grabbed my attention. I was like "wtf show or movie are these guys talking about" .. pretty neat setup they had going.

Again, I won't buy the game, but the spot caught my eye and held it.

News Comments > Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors
20. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 17:04 ColoradoHoudini

Tribes:Ascend

-I am a very old school FPS gamer, and come from the (at one time) worlds #1 Tribes clan - Western Alliance.. to say I am picky about the Tribes franchise is an understatement. With that being said, I believe the game is pretty damn solid and was worth downloading.

I also threw 30 bucks at the title, figuring if I pay 30 bucks for a AAA title, I'm getting my money's worth. Never felt like I needed the paid unlocks to be competitive though, and the XP I gained from just regular playing allowed me to unlock a bunch of stuff anyhow.

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer
23. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 22:38 ColoradoHoudini

Ahh, that looks way to fucking shiny and distracting, like it's made for ADD console kids.
no thanks.

News Comments > Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight
28. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 22:28 ColoradoHoudini

yeppers.. i'll be nabbing this bad boy as soon as it drops!
Lots of good fun playing #1

News Comments > Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced
12. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 17:37 ColoradoHoudini

I figured this is as good of a place as any to ask:

For upcoming RTS's.. I saw a few in the last calendar year, a few that caught my attenion, but for the life of me, I can't recall which ones. Most were all future-based'ish.. anyone have a good resource for finding these titles out?

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches
26. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 12, 2012, 17:26 ColoradoHoudini

I am a T1 veteran, from the 1-time worlds best clan, Western Alliance.. to say I understand Tribes is a gross understatement.. having said that-

I had a lot of fun in the beta, I felt like I was always competitive, and I only unlocked a perk for more ammo on my heavy. I never once felt like someone had an advantage over me because they had a different pack, belt item, or gun. -shrug- Again though, I come from a T1 background and get the game.. maybe my old FPS skills kicked back in, or they made the Ascend similar enough to T1 that I picked up where I left off?

Either way, I enjoy the game and will probably throw up to 30 bucks at the title once I really see what I want to unlock via gold, and not my XP.
---------
edit part:

Going back to NetQuake days, T1 is about the only objective-based FPS where I see teamwork happen, without the need of direction. Last night I was playing on the new Raindance map, and 3 of us were on D, one was dropping turrets, we had an inventory station placed out front, and we had flag returners separate from our flag defenders.. now this would be remarkable if I hadn't seen that in damn near every match I played in beta. Could the teamwork be better with something like VoIP? Sure.. but man, this community sure does seem to gel in public matches.

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2012, 17:33.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Diary
2. Re: Tribes: Ascend Diary Apr 11, 2012, 20:26 ColoradoHoudini

Anyone know if their are other maps we never got to try? In the beta, I haven't seen one large base yet for CTF. --indoor, I mean.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Next Week
1. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Next Week Apr 6, 2012, 22:38 ColoradoHoudini

A coworker of mine said that the last patch made the adrenaline mechanic kick in a lot more often now? If so, no thanks! That adrenaline mechanic is annoying as hell!

News Comments > Defiance Gameplay Trailer
1. Re: Defiance Gameplay Trailer Apr 6, 2012, 22:36 ColoradoHoudini

Umm .. I don't know if this comment will make sense but-
That didn't look like a AAA title trailer at all.
Wait, this is a console game? If that's the case, then that explains the weird indescribable feeling I have that says "this is going to be garbage"

Again, I cannot say exactly why I feel that way, maybe it's decades of gaming experience that made me see something I cannot quantify, but that trailer made me think this was absolutely nothing good, game-wise

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Mar 31, 2012, 18:14 ColoradoHoudini

Is this sniper game the same one I saw a trailer for the other day where the "sniper" runs out into the middle of the street, hides behind a barrel.. about 50 yards from his target.. AND like 5 other guys.. and then shoots the bad guy?

That's not anything I want in a sniper game..that's not sniping?

News Comments > The Pets of Torchlight II
11. Re: The Pets of Torchlight II Mar 31, 2012, 18:11 ColoradoHoudini

the ferret is wearing goggles? I'm so going with the ferret!  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend
19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Mar 21, 2012, 23:09 ColoradoHoudini

Yeah guys..
Honestly, a weekend is too short, and at first the game is fun. It's new, science fiction, it's Star Wars.. and then..bleh.
I leveled to 50 at a decent pace, and even with that pace, I was bored by the time I hit 35.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend
17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Mar 21, 2012, 22:42 ColoradoHoudini

I've said this before, and I'll try to give the abbreviated version again.

1. Hated the game originally (from the videos I watched)
2. Got turned to liking the games concepts/ideas by more info and the beta..and prior WoW guildies converting me
3. Loved the game at first
4. Thought that with all the money they threw at the title, it was really lacking some key features (a better-working Market for starters)
5. Got really sick of the constant audio quests (I know you can skip em)
6. Same back and forth quest BS
7. The PvP land is useless and boring
8. Love the assistants model.. they farm for me!
9. Just feels like a SP game with a very good chat interface
10. I have zero desire to see end-game content.. and I have/had every opportunity to do so.. my guild is a raiding guild, and very good at that..but SW gave me NO desire to see end game content--and i live for end game stuff!!

News Comments > Grim Dawn Trailer
11. Re: Grim Dawn Trailer Mar 17, 2012, 11:21 ColoradoHoudini

Looks pretty cool.. didn't see any loot drops or drops at all there.. curious on the loot pick up and how often it has to be, as well as how easy it is to do.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
23. Re: The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial Mar 7, 2012, 22:30 ColoradoHoudini

I quit playing after reaching 50, and having done PvP pre 50, post 50 and getting into Ilum PvP after it was supposedly looked into.
PvP outright stunk..
the end game content was blah..
I just felt like they made a heck of a single player game, and forgot about the massively multiplayer experience.

I was a hardcore WoW gamer til the end of Wrath after killing the LK..I did raiding and end game in Rift.. I have a great feel for what to do at end game, and TOR did none of that.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 at GDC
3. Re: Unreal Engine 4 at GDC Feb 27, 2012, 22:03 ColoradoHoudini

Unreal XMP2 or GTFO.

1345 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo