Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1342 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas
27. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 12, 2012, 20:14 ColoradoHoudini

I actually look forward to hearing the stories of you fellas here selling your stuff and making a good profit, seriously.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta This Weekend
22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta This Weekend Jun 6, 2012, 21:42 ColoradoHoudini

At a scant level 8.. I recall a dynamic event where some NPC's had me go into a cave.. explore.. kill, whatever. I come out, and the cave guys are coming from behind me. The NPC kicked off an event that had us drive the guys back, and kill their leader. Cool.
The second time through there, the same event kicked off.. this time, we didn't go in with the NPC's.. they died.. the mobs built a small shack area outside of the cave, bolstered their defenses there, and the next pack of NPC's had a different event for us.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta This Weekend
19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta This Weekend Jun 6, 2012, 19:37 ColoradoHoudini

If i weren't going to be out of town this week for an event (Tough Mudder) .. I would be balls deep in this game once again!
DAMNIT!
At least i have two coworkers that are going to play and give me the full report on changes.

I wanted to give the Mesmer and Engy a good look this weekend..i need more time to figure out which is going to be my main! (Elementalist, thus far).

I absolutely loved the last beta.. loved it.
-I might get to play for a few hours Sunday night

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
57. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 2, 2012, 11:48 ColoradoHoudini

Kastagir wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 14:27:
Having chosen not to purchase Diablo III, I feel no need to complain about it. Every day I read about it however, I find myself looking forward to Torchlight II and (someday) Grim Dawn, all the while feeling grateful for my decision not to give Blizzard my money.

i feel exactly the same as you, and not in an elitist way either.. just happy I skipped a game that so many I trust, aren't exactly thrilled with.. and in fact, are rather "meh" about it.

News Comments > Rift Expands This Autumn
11. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 20:11 ColoradoHoudini

Ya know.. I am going to reinstall Rift this weekend. I've talked myself into it!  

News Comments > Rift Expands This Autumn
4. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 11:41 ColoradoHoudini

I will say.. aside from WoW in my glory days there (your opinion will vary).. Rift was by far and away the bet MMO experience I had. I felt the game did just about everything right.
I was an end-game raider though, so I always had stuff to do. From the Expert Rifts, to Raid Rifts, to Raid dungeons..to world events. I left the game due to guild issues (our guild got consumed by another guild in a hostile takeover).. but if I found another good guild to play with, I'd definitely come back.

In fact.. if Planetside 2/GW 2 bores me around the time this expansion comes out.. I'm jumping back on the Rift train. It really was/is a fantastic game.

(I missed the one-man chronicle stuff.. and whatever else was added after the first -added in- raid ..the one with the portal to get in)

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
9. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 11:36 ColoradoHoudini

cover based.. sigh.

Gears of Star Wars .. just worse (guessing. but come on, we know it'll suck)

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week?
49. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 23:19 ColoradoHoudini

Dmitri_M wrote on May 31, 2012, 12:35:
Oh if only this could be modded.

I had to explain PC modding to my gaming, 22 year old coworker today, based on a conversation around this very title. i spun tales about how we, the community, used to be able to mod games, and make our own maps and how some games/sub-genres of games existed because of the modding world.. all the good we did, and how the greedy machine has tried to take that away from us.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
76. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 21:16 ColoradoHoudini

-turns on Wireshark-
*watches the packets roll out*

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Details
11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Details May 29, 2012, 20:36 ColoradoHoudini

What am amazing game from what I have experienced thus far.. un-damn-fortunately.. I will be running an event that same weekend.. DANGIT!!!

-running the Tough Mudder in Beaver Creek, CO... long weekend, friends flying in for a big gathering, damnit, I need my GW2 fix!!

News Comments > New DayZ Mod for Arma II
3. Re: New DayZ Mod for Arma II May 27, 2012, 14:11 ColoradoHoudini

I've seen a number of people here posting about how awesome this mod is.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer May 25, 2012, 17:49 ColoradoHoudini

I will be all over this game! Yes please oh please.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
9. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 24, 2012, 22:59 ColoradoHoudini

I am beginning to believe that not buying this game, was a good idea.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
88. Re: removed May 23, 2012, 20:12 ColoradoHoudini

SWTOR brought absolutely NOTHING new to the table.. it really was plain.

Looking at Rift, which was older and had less money/experience.. that game turned out 2x better than TOR.
GW2 looks like it will set the bar impossibly high as well (from what I have experienced)

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
235. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 20:53 ColoradoHoudini

My coworker (btw, I am a Systems Security Engineer for the govt (CISSP), and have been doing security for decades) started up Wireshark, and then D3.. he was telling me how easy it was to hijack his session..the session ID floating around out there.. and then we got into the 2 step process it took to reverse engineer his authenticator.

Now granted, we have a more knowledgeable background than the layperson.. but if we showed you guys how much is out there to be found.. and how after a few minutes you too could see this stuff.. you can bet your ass the hackers are even further along with just a tiny bit more effort.

While everything is hackable, what's going on with D3 right now is rather troublesome. --for the record, he stopped playing last night after witnessing what he saw.

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
164. Re: General complaints, longish May 22, 2012, 00:44 ColoradoHoudini

Flatline writes:
4. It's just... not fucking fun. I've put hours into the game and can count the number of real "fights" that were mildly interesting on one hand. I'm waiting for the fun to start. The only two reasons why I kept playing was that A: The plot never really "pauses" and it encourages you to keep playing and B: The loot drops turn you into a f*cking Skinner rat hitting the bar to get a food pellet. I actually feel kind of dirty after playing D3. I haven't had fun, I haven't been particularly entertained, but I kept playing it anyway.
----------------------
The guys I speak to from my guild (WoW/SWTOR/GW2) and the 3 coworkers I know of that were all jazzed up for D3 all have the same sentiment.. it's just "okay". They are playing it to play something, and really aren't that into it. In fact, the young kid I work with, who was ALL ABOUT D3 talk for the last few months, said he's bored with it already.

Glad I didn't buy it, not hearing much of anything good from sources I absolutely trust.

News Comments > Steam top 10
55. Re: Steam top 10 May 13, 2012, 22:03 ColoradoHoudini

deqer wrote on May 13, 2012, 19:58:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 13, 2012, 14:00:
deqer wrote on May 13, 2012, 13:54:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 13, 2012, 13:43:
I have a feeling I will pick up D3 only because (or mainly because?) I won't have Torchlight 2 to play yet,
Honestly, I can't believe that I keep hearing these dumbass reasons for buying D3.

Yours has been the worst, so far.

? wow. Why the aggression? he is going to buy a game that he will enjoy that is similar to a game that isn't out yet. Big whoop. I also bought TL2.
If you're only buying D3 because you don't have TL2, then that would mean when TL2 comes out that you're done with D3. Why would you drop $60 to play a game for 2 months then start TL2?

Not to mention you're buying into all the actiblizz/online-drm/control garbage...

I actually enjoy Hack and Slash RPG's..in fact, I spent the better part of the day trying to find a game like that for my android tablet for my trip tomorrow.
I will still get TL2, but after seeing the D3 chatter on my guilds FB page, it seems like a lot of people are going to pick it up. Lots of videos, reviews, and general chatter about the game, lots of good friends are amped up for it.
I will have time to play both...no need to be so hostile.

News Comments > Steam top 10
10. Re: Steam top 10 May 13, 2012, 13:43 ColoradoHoudini

I have a feeling I will pick up D3 only because (or mainly because?) I won't have Torchlight 2 to play yet, and Guild Wars 2 isn't out for a bit either. Leaving me with a lack of RPG/persistent stat games to play

god dangit.. I am going to get d3... aren't i?

News Comments > DARK Announced
14. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 19:23 ColoradoHoudini

Cell shading or that weird look in general is the one major strike I have against Firefall.
The game would look 10x better if they made it look more modern, kinda like Tribes or whatever a new version of UT would look like.

Well, the second strike is the complete lack of open world PvP in a MMOShooter.

back on topic gents!

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews May 6, 2012, 11:54 ColoradoHoudini

I just can't see myself getting into this knowing GW2 is just so freaking amazing.  

1342 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo