Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1357 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets
21. Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Jul 11, 2012, 20:23 ColoradoHoudini

born2expire wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 21:33:
hahahah never thought I'd see the day that a console release is held back by the limited power of a tablet.

HAHAHAH!!! awesome!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Secret World Content Plans
24. Re: The Secret World Content Plans Jul 11, 2012, 20:21 ColoradoHoudini

Post count - 2

Well, I am convinced!
lol
--------------------
My coworker, and avid gamer himself said the game is "meh" and he's only playing it off and on when he's bored and has nothing else to do. Like most, he's just killing time til GW2 comes out. To which he said "after playing the GW beta, and TSW, I can't enjoy TSW because of everything it lacks compared to a better MMO" -paraphrasing.

News Comments > R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War Trailer
6. Re: R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War Trailer Jul 11, 2012, 20:18 ColoradoHoudini

"This oneís been around for a while now. Iíve been awaiting it patiently too. Love that itís got Coop, but was bugged to no end that they choose to only have two players Coop vs. three players. To me that made no sense at all because there are three classes to play as. I even posted that on their forums, but got the typical answer of this is how it was designed. Why didnít they think of this while designing it in the first place is my question?"

Very good question, and I cannot believe that with 3 classes, this wasn't the absolute obvious way to go about things? I would assume that 3 classes would be the obvious standard.

News Comments > New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears
19. Re: New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears Jul 11, 2012, 20:15 ColoradoHoudini

Have we, as educated gamers (most of us veterans here span 1-2 decades of highly-knowledgeable online PC gaming experience) been wrong in the majority about what will happen to a dev house once they make "large change X"?

Everything all of us here predicted over the years, has sadly come true...and not for the betterment of the franchise/title/studio

Makes me wonder if the wallets backing these studios need to hear from us somehow.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial
31. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial Jul 11, 2012, 20:11 ColoradoHoudini

One thing I've never mentioned in my tiny rants about TOR.. the length of time it took to run place to place and the amount of backtracking I had to do on my main quest line. The game would make me physically run back from the furthest reaches of a map, to the main area.. then to my homeworld, to the furthest reaches of that place.. to talk to a guy to get 10 seconds worth of audio and then to be sent RIGHT GOD DAMN BACK from where I came.

That sort of stuff infuriates me

I can't put my finger on any one reason I quit that game as there are many.. but i know when I hit 50..and even with the opportunity to raid, I was just done with the game.

News Comments > id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE
46. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 6, 2012, 17:19 ColoradoHoudini

Not even trolling.. but a few weeks ago I posted this statement, and I'll say it again:
I never knew that game had even released. --that's how little I heard (possibly remembered) about it from all the gamers/game sites.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules Jul 4, 2012, 19:14 ColoradoHoudini

Waiting for GW2 to come out is killing me!! I plan on testing the Mesmer and Guardian in the last BWE..as I think the Mesmer is getting severely undervalued by the fanbase..and might be the least-played class, so I wanna see what the lack of attention is all about.

Looking forward to the other starting areas as well. So far in the BWE's I've been VERY pleased.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
44. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Jun 27, 2012, 19:19 ColoradoHoudini

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 07:15:
Darks wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 22:18:
I have no idea what videos you are watching, but they must be shit. Because Iíve been playing the hell out of this game and its kicks ass. Coop is a ton of fun and the game looks great. The game feels like a mix of Vegas and Ghost Recon. I love the tactical element. The ghost stealth just kicks all kinds of ass.
I've watched several videos but this is as good an example as any. Terrible character models, especially the face. Appalling lip-sync. Wooden animations. And all the gameplay criticism stands, as it's just a third-person cover shooter. There is no "tactical element".

For anyone that is into this style of game it's great that Ubisoft is putting the effort in to make the PC version look better. But I'd still like to see them return to the original Rainbow Six, which really did have a lot of tactical elements. Games like Vegas 2 were playable but shallow.

What in the fresh hell??? They built in a wall hack grenade.. ON PURPOSE?!!?! Reminds me of the level of stupidity the devs for Section 8 had with a lock on feature for the guns..those morons implemented a god damn aimbot into the game.. I never thought I'd see something as stupid in an FPS again.. but here we are with a wall hack nade.

Besides, that looks very hand-holding'ish.. very humdrum... no thanks

News Comments > TERA's $25 Horse
37. Re: TERA's $25 Horse Jun 27, 2012, 18:57 ColoradoHoudini

Verno -- I agree with you and if I may expound further:

How many items are people paying for now, or will pay for in the future that would've normally been typical in-game rewards? If you dig deeper, you can even make the related statement that our old FPS maps and add-ons were not only free, but community generated (another argument).. but now we see dev houses charging for what was once free content, now sold in DLC packs.

I feel as the nickel and diming continues to grow, we're going to be paying for a lot more than we really should be, and that stuff will be things that aren't necessary, but make the game a lot more enjoyable.

I don't know where that eventual line will be drawn, but I am curious to see how far these people will attempt to drive it.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer
27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 23, 2012, 19:56 ColoradoHoudini

I am absolutely looking forward to getting down and dirty with some PS2 lovin!

News Comments > Tryst Announced
1. Re: Tryst Announced Jun 23, 2012, 12:43 ColoradoHoudini

I love future-based RTS's.. but I found that trailer to look clunky and those animations were ungainly.

News Comments > RAGE DLC Plans?
32. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 19:46 ColoradoHoudini

100% honest, I had no idea this game had come out. I am a gamer through and through, but this game made such little impact, I never knew it had actually come out.

News Comments > CD Projekt on Cyberpunk & DRM
4. Re: CD Projekt on Cyberpunk & DRM Jun 19, 2012, 19:44 ColoradoHoudini

I wish more devs were like this.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
17. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 14, 2012, 22:07 ColoradoHoudini

I enjoyed it from 1-50.. some times.. but it was still every bit of the same MMO structure. The space combat was on rails and I felt confined even in space. They launched with an Auction House that wasn't very good at all (and that's being nice) and compared to a game like Rift, that seemingly came from a no-name house in Trion (I only see 3 games from them, and only 1 is live)..SWTOR looked like amateur-level gaming. How did SWTOR come out and not even match the current crop of MMO features? All that money and we got fantastic voice acting I know I eventually skipped through.

Oh well, maybe in another 5 years when someone else comes out with a SW MMO.. it's have TRUE space combat, transportation freedom, a better AH interface, and have more innovations and less cookie cutter MMO mechanics.

News Comments > TERA Free Trial
1. Re: TERA Free Trial Jun 13, 2012, 21:00 ColoradoHoudini

Anyone have any impressions on this game at all? I just can't see myself getting invested in any other MMO that isn't GW2 at this moment (hopefully planetside 2 later)  

News Comments > Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas
27. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 12, 2012, 20:14 ColoradoHoudini

I actually look forward to hearing the stories of you fellas here selling your stuff and making a good profit, seriously.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta This Weekend
22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta This Weekend Jun 6, 2012, 21:42 ColoradoHoudini

At a scant level 8.. I recall a dynamic event where some NPC's had me go into a cave.. explore.. kill, whatever. I come out, and the cave guys are coming from behind me. The NPC kicked off an event that had us drive the guys back, and kill their leader. Cool.
The second time through there, the same event kicked off.. this time, we didn't go in with the NPC's.. they died.. the mobs built a small shack area outside of the cave, bolstered their defenses there, and the next pack of NPC's had a different event for us.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta This Weekend
19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta This Weekend Jun 6, 2012, 19:37 ColoradoHoudini

If i weren't going to be out of town this week for an event (Tough Mudder) .. I would be balls deep in this game once again!
DAMNIT!
At least i have two coworkers that are going to play and give me the full report on changes.

I wanted to give the Mesmer and Engy a good look this weekend..i need more time to figure out which is going to be my main! (Elementalist, thus far).

I absolutely loved the last beta.. loved it.
-I might get to play for a few hours Sunday night

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
57. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 2, 2012, 11:48 ColoradoHoudini

Kastagir wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 14:27:
Having chosen not to purchase Diablo III, I feel no need to complain about it. Every day I read about it however, I find myself looking forward to Torchlight II and (someday) Grim Dawn, all the while feeling grateful for my decision not to give Blizzard my money.

i feel exactly the same as you, and not in an elitist way either.. just happy I skipped a game that so many I trust, aren't exactly thrilled with.. and in fact, are rather "meh" about it.

News Comments > Rift Expands This Autumn
11. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 20:11 ColoradoHoudini

Ya know.. I am going to reinstall Rift this weekend. I've talked myself into it!  

1357 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo