Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1357 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Oct 19, 2014, 19:57 ColoradoHoudini

Jet pack jumping galore. It really doesnt seem to fit in with a game that has current day wep technology and being played in a CoD environment.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Oct 19, 2014, 17:25 ColoradoHoudini

I mentioned this before and I'll say it again.

I watched some recent live stream of the unveiling of the game, some German team vs. some other team during this event. It was 95% jump jet, shoot, jump, shoot. If you dislike recoil, bloom, inaccurate weapons.. in an Arena-FPS feeling game.. then go for it.
The game really came across like it was trying to use Quake/UT mechanics in the speed, but then in the CoD setting. Remember how Quake Wars was far too twitchy/fast for the mechanics of the game (they where "thinking mans" mechanics, in a twitch shooter..doesnt work).. AW felt like twitch mechanics in a thinking mans game.. didnt jive one bit to me.

I'm almost certain that the level they were playing on is just an updated level from Ghosts, and if it's not, the mapping team lacks creativity..because I felt it was the same level immediately, and that's with limited experience in Ghosts.

From what I saw, the game smacks of "make everything shiny/fast for the ADD console kids".

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
24. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 18:52 ColoradoHoudini

jdreyer:

From what i watched..it was nonstop jump jet, shoot, jump, shoot. i understand that in an arena game, but not in a CoD/BF game.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
21. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 18:07 ColoradoHoudini

FPS related (i know, it's off topic).. but Twitch is streaming the new CoD game release right now.. some party event thingy..not sure if anyone cares.
*shrug*

Let me save you the time:
It's fucking awful looking - mechanics wise. It's nonstop quake 1 rocket jumps (with the jump jets) + regular old COD shooting. It's jump, jump, shoot. If you hate bunny hopping.. this game will make you mad with anger. Holy fuck this looks infuriating.

Also, i played very very little of the last CoD title -Ghosts. However, something about this demo map reminds me of a Ghosts map in every way. I swear to god it's the same map layout, but with new textures. Map name: Defender. the Ghosts maps it reminds me of is called - Siege.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2014, 18:16.

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
26. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 20:27 ColoradoHoudini

Well.. I will say this:

The more I read about this game, the more I am all aboard the hype train. I know that's not a popular opinion around here, but i want this game to kick a lot of ass, and set a precedent for games and gamers in the future.. and hopefully we get to see better games because devs arent beholden to a committee of sorts.

News Comments > Shards of War Beta Begins
4. Re: Shards of War Beta Begins Oct 14, 2014, 11:59 ColoradoHoudini

I played a bit yesterday.. had a good time, I just need to understand how MOBAs are played though.. I dont understand leveling up, changing weps (if I can and when) etc..  

News Comments > Shards of War Beta Begins
2. Re: Shards of War Beta Begins Oct 13, 2014, 19:55 ColoradoHoudini

I've never played a MOBA at all..but I know about MOBA communities and their nonsense..umm, that looks kind of fun.

edit- noticed it's not on Steam.

News Comments > RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week
3. Re: RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week Sep 30, 2014, 20:11 ColoradoHoudini

I didnt have News.. I had a comment  

News Comments > RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week
1. Re: RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week Sep 30, 2014, 18:30 ColoradoHoudini

1. This is the wrong video
2. I've been coming here for ..jesus, 2 decades? I have no idea how to reach Blue.
3. Is Rift still doing well? I thought that since the MMOs that came after didn't really do that well, maybe Rift would've folded by now? Good for them if they are still doing well.

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
20. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 26, 2014, 20:53 ColoradoHoudini

WEll .. after reading comments, I shall download it now.
Between this and the Meridian demo.. I should be good for a minute!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
2. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 19:49 ColoradoHoudini

HAHA nah, I thought the same exact thing! "WHOA.. I need to upgrade my vid card to run this!"

1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 24, 2014, 20:02 ColoradoHoudini

AHEM.
*readies himself*

I have seen this trailer now, and I will say this. I enjoyed what I saw for multiplayer. I admit, this game has me interested thus far.

Do with me what you will, but be gentle.
You may begin.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
32. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 17:05 ColoradoHoudini

I should probably start paying attention to this game, huh? If my friends here at Blues (Oddly enough, i hold you all in high regard when it comes to game reviews and impressions) say this game is good.. then I should really give her a look.  

News Comments > Line of Defense Presales; Early Access Next Week
2. Re: Line of Defense Presales; Early Access Next Week Sep 10, 2014, 21:02 ColoradoHoudini

I just watched some videos on this.. it looks so horrific, I thought it was a 2005 console game.. wtf?  

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing
6. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 9, 2014, 20:52 ColoradoHoudini

I'd really like a new Enemy Territory.. done proper, not like Quake Wars. Which we told them all the things that were wrong, and they still didnt listen.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
6. Re: Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha Aug 19, 2014, 20:43 ColoradoHoudini

All i need is new maps, the old weapons, and for the community to be able to map and mod again.

Keep vehicles in vehicle-only maps, and give me back the glory tht was the orginal UT. It was near perfect, you really dont need to remake the game and make it friendly for the console fucking moron crowd that has ADD and needs everything now and shiny and in fucking abundance!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 20, 2014, 20:13 ColoradoHoudini

As a cybersecurity person..actual title - Information Assurance (and have been for the better part of 20 years- in some capacity)..
We're only seeing more and more jobs open up, more businesses needing us, paying us big.. and when people refuse to employ/deploy our services.. they will be hit and hit hard.

Security isn't a good "after the fact" measure to bolt on, it has to be baked in for the best results. Failing that, never applying defense in depth, good backups, auditing, etc.. will cost many people and companies.

We're finding shortages of qualified IA analysts/engineers.. and that's in the DoD in a HUGE military town - Colorado Springs.

News Comments > Defiance Returns to TV Tonight
7. Re: Defiance Returns to TV Tonight Jun 19, 2014, 21:10 ColoradoHoudini

I tried to like this show, hell, I'm a nerd and a geek.. this is right up my alley.. but I was absolutely let down everywhere I turned.
God awful acting, campy special effects, forced dialogue. It looks like a poorly thrown together, straight to dvd sci fi flick by a first year film student.

Anyhow, for my cheesy sci-fi aliens-esque shows.. Falling Skies does it for me.

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
33. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 16:38 ColoradoHoudini

Ceribaen-
It's different for sure! I heal on my Esper, and I have telegraphs and AoE non-targeted heals. For one of my heals, it lays down a long strip of healing space in front of me. To you as someone I want to heal, you'd see a green line.. something like 25 foot of a green space. If you stood in it, you'd get healed. So for me, I need to line up people I want to heal with. It's not simple as just clicking and healing. However, there are healing spells that are click and heal, ans well as AoE heals you'd find in other MMOs. The telegraph system is pretty cool though, it's different.. it makes you have to position yourself correctly, and not just sleepwalk through healing like I have done in other MMOs.

Creston- The game has so much more than just end game raiding.. but the devs have said that for end game raiders, they will have a good challenge. Will there be a big enough base to sustain the game.. I don't know. You could say that about any MMO that doesnt already have a base. Look what Rift did.. unknown IP.. came in and did well. I don't see why Carbine can't do that with Wildstar.

I'll say this.. if Blizzard/Valve made WS.. it'd be insanely popular.

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
32. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 16:32 ColoradoHoudini

Gadzooks wrote on May 8, 2014, 15:27:
Reasons I wont be playing Wildstar after having been in the beta for several months:

1. Game performs AWFUL. Very close to release and the devs still say "We havent optimized the game yet" Sorry, this close to release, there isnt going to be a magic patch. No reason that a cartoon game should drop to under 30 FPS at ANY point in the game on a high end system.

2. Game blatantly is aimed at you being higher level in order to have fun. This isnt typical WoW "You cant do raids and stuff until max level". This is "The game is boring as hell for the first 35 levels". Even WoW had fun gameplay at low levels. It just wasnt raid content with uber gear. Games should be fun from the moment you log in, and wildstar... isnt.

3. Large PvP is an unbalanced mess and a ridiculous AoE spamfest. Watch how in the first month of release, everyone in PvP will be medics and engineers.

4. Quests in the game are more dull and boring than quests in WoW were at release. "Run around the room and find me these 4 books" Really? How is this fun? Not to mention, most quest chains seem incomplete and have no real finale to them. Do step 1, then step 2, then step ... wait... no step 3? What? Thats it? Sigh.

5. The sheer lack of video options and forced video settings is absurd in a modern day game. Overuse of bloom and full screen glow effect, blurry filters, and awful view distance make this game a headache to look at. Unless this up coming beta adds new video options that let you enable/disable these things, there is no excuse for the game NOT to have them.

Those are just the 5 main reasons I wont be playing Wildstar at release. Maybe in 12 months, after they have had time to really finalize the game, add things needed, and fix stuff, ill give a try. I hope its still a sub game then, because I really hate F2P. Cant help but thing it will be F2P by then however, since the game doesnt make a great first impression.

1. the game was optimized in this release. Also, on my old i2500k, 6970, 16gig PC.. the game runs without a single hiccup.

2. I have fun and I'm not raiding. I have fun doing the Dungeons, the Adventures, the Shiphands, the group quests, the PvP, the challenge quests, the path quests, building my house, doing events at other peoples houses (yes, you heard that right), and general questing.

3. I've had fun in PvP. In both PvP battlegrounds I've done, the flow has been good. The multi stage of the second battleground gave the fight a good flow.

4. See 2

5. I have zero video issues and the game looks great for me.. and I'm on an older system.

1357 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo