Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1421 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans
2. Re: Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans Aug 27, 2015, 20:06 ColoradoHoudini

I have had more fun playing this simple yet complex game than any other game (for me) in recent memory.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
8. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 26, 2015, 20:50 ColoradoHoudini

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 20:36:
Look at all the awesome games LawBreakers will be among...

http://www.nexon.net/

Dirty Bomb had potential, but the devs had a few costly and i mean COSTLY errors.

1. Releasing an OP melee character who had a shield, the best submachine gun in the game, a sword, and stealth.. it was ridiculous. No counter in the game at all for a few weeks until they nerfed him. (too late)
2. Allowing hackers to ruin the matched games. I'm talking ridiculous over the top hacking the likes I've never seen before. Totally ruined the game.

There were other issues as well.. just another dev who thinks they know better about what the community wants.

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
5. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 26, 2015, 20:21 ColoradoHoudini

No in-game footage until Friday - I heard.

Umm, F2P? Yeah, NOPE.

look here- someone is already defending the game with downvotes on decent comments:
Reddit

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins Aug 26, 2015, 11:50 ColoradoHoudini

That game looks like it's made for ADD-having console kids who want everything shiny and explosion-y and over the top.. regardless if the mechanics fit the game type or not.

Also.. "3+ multiplayer maps" .. is that a selling point to someone? Certainly not to me. I want at least 6 maps for starters.

News Comments > Mad Max Branching Trailer
4. Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 17, 2015, 21:15 ColoradoHoudini

I cant find a list of all the game features.. hmmm.. anyone?  

News Comments > Mad Max Branching Trailer
2. Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 17, 2015, 21:06 ColoradoHoudini

Ahh whoa.. this actually looks pretty cool.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
26. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 16, 2015, 23:06 ColoradoHoudini

I am going to buy the game from a good known source who ensures the money goes back to the devs. I have money to spend, so I will do the right thing.

Thanks all.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
3. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 16, 2015, 15:23 ColoradoHoudini

Now that i have a 970gtx (upgraded from a 6970).. I can finally buy this game and appreciate it.

Okay, time to find the best deal on this title.

I found it on cdkeys.com .. legit site or not?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway
7. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 8, 2015, 20:32 ColoradoHoudini

Thank you for your inputs guys.

I am getting a new vid card next week, and have the itch to play some games with various levels of progression.. so maybe. MAYBE, i'll tap back into GW2.

4. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 8, 2015, 17:15 ColoradoHoudini

I did all the dungeons and the first fractal, I felt they were easy as hell.

I know what you mean about WvW PVP because my guild/allied guilds were so coordinated it was a cakewalk in WvW. We fought only when absolutely needed, but otherwise used tactics and maneuvers to just outplay the other sides. I'd say it was 85% strategy, and 15% fighting.. we'd win with the allied guilds.. but good lord that was boring.

2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 8, 2015, 15:35 ColoradoHoudini

I had a lot of fun leveling in GW2, more than any other game by a long shot. However, I hit level cap and was immediately bored to tears. I saw everything while leveling and there was nothing to accomplish past that.

i left the game after 4'ish months in, never looked back. Recently reinstalled it and I had still near top tier gear (no biggie) but then I did some "vs-NPC's" in a PvP type environment while waiting for the W vs W vs W PvP map to open up for me. It was a cakewalk of spam. We ran over every NPC mob without anyone dying ever.

It feels like there's no challenge in this game at level cap.

What does Heart of Thorns bring to the game in terms of challenging content? I know, I am not looking for WoW/Rift/WS leveling raiding.. but at least to accomplish something of worth besides a jumping puzzle

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
20. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 7, 2015, 21:14 ColoradoHoudini

I love this.
There will be plenty of times I will just want to go along for a ride and BS with other players.. hands free. Or simply just sit in a gun pod and blow shit up. This is such a simple feature (in theory) to implement, but makes me so darn happy to see in practice.

Here's to hoping they can pull this off.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
17. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 20:16 ColoradoHoudini

I'm wondering what EQ:Next is going to do to get and keep me playing that game?

- Rift was fun, but it too took a lot of time.
- WoW, takes a lot of time to get the real raids done.
- Wildstar was awesome, until it came to raiding..and the initial raids there were way too long and too hard.
- Guild Wars 2 doesnt have enough content to make me want to log in for more than a few hours every other week (no real sense of accomplishment)
- SWTOR was tedious in Fed Ex quests and the game had too much dialogue and repeated content. Plus end game didnt exist in a real community sense

So I wonder what will the next EQ do to give me the sense of accomplishment, without the enormous time sink and feeling that I am lagging so far behind others, I don't want to bother to try to catch up

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 23, 2015, 21:17 ColoradoHoudini

"But the “greatest failure” at OPM? That would be the lack of a “comprehensive governing policy” for cybersecurity at the agency that would have proactively controlled system access and mandated regular patches and upgrades."

Oh you mean like RMF or DIACAP? It exists, it's made especially for government IT systems and I do it for a living.

So what really happened is that they ignored the directives and instructions. Dummies.

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans
3. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans Jul 23, 2015, 21:15 ColoradoHoudini

Just give me a new Quake-type game, vehicles, big bases, and some twitchy (but not too fast, im old now) fun.

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Video
4. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Video Jul 22, 2015, 23:51 ColoradoHoudini

Holy hell.. i watched the video for a bit before looking at the comments. Now that I see the comments, I see that someone else pointed out the shitty frame rate on the title.. my god, that's fucking embarrassing.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Next Month
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Next Month Jul 22, 2015, 23:50 ColoradoHoudini

I know they sell, so does Selena Gomez, Adam Sandler movies and this years Red Sox. Sold copies doesn't mean the quality is worth a turkey.. plenty of morons buy stupid shit every damn day.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 22, 2015, 20:06 ColoradoHoudini

"GameStop Will Pay You $200 Cash for Your PS4 Right Now."

How much could i get for mine selling it on my own though? It just sits there collecting dust. I haven't touched it since the men's World Cup was being played.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Next Month
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Next Month Jul 22, 2015, 20:03 ColoradoHoudini

So i went to go look at a video for this game..
Found this:
https://www.callofduty.com/blackops3/mp

WTF is that utter bullshit? Some sort of double wall jump nonsense? Jetpacks? Wall running? Super sliding? Is this Brink meets Quake meets a poor mans Tribes? This looks like absolute 100% pure horse piss.

It's like the devs said "screw it, give those console idiots every mechanic in every game, we no longer want to stand out or apart. Those dummies will go for it"

Regular bullets, but F it.. we can now run on walls because we perfected that tech before using better ammo!

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer
9. Re: Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 14:57 ColoradoHoudini

I have to get this game.. oh god yes!
I missed the first two, but this one.. come to daddy.

1421 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo