Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tarrant

Real Name Tarrant   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tarrant
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 18, 2003, 06:51
Total Comments 36 (Suspect)
User ID 17772

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point Demo
31. Re: horrible as most pc games these days Sep 13, 2006, 19:20 Tarrant

Am I supposed to feel bad about my 7900gt now? Pfft...fanboy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Investigating the Gaming Disease
10. No subject Mar 10, 2006, 00:59 Tarrant

Israel and America are considering military strikes on Iran, and what is Hillary Clinton doing? Trying to rid the world of the evils of computer games. What a fucktard. She's an insult to strong and intelligent women in politics everywhere.

News Comments > Gold - Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion
97. No subject Mar 2, 2006, 19:17 Tarrant

I think it would be somewhat premature to upgrade for Oblivion now, if you have a half decent rig that is. Elder scrolls games don't exactly need killer frame rates to play, and it might be wise to wait and see waht happens later in the year in the hardware scene. I think Huxley, Quake Wars, UT2007 etc are the kind of games that will really push people to upgrade, and those games will be much more significant for benchmarking. Elder scrolls games have never been known to perform well - you might upgrade simply to find that you only pull out an extra 5-10fps.

News Comments > Monday Safety Dance
1. No subject Feb 20, 2006, 22:55 Tarrant

Go Google! You guys kick ass!

News Comments > GTA Class Action
4. No subject Feb 16, 2006, 00:23 Tarrant

Money grubbing bastards. Untold amounts of violence in computer games, film and television are okay, but a little bit of sex and the world goes nuts?!?! Jesus, if kids wanna see sex they're only ever a google search away. This is just ridiculous. There needs to be a backlash. We can't continue puting up with this bullshit.

News Comments > Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Preloads
23. No subject Feb 15, 2006, 11:12 Tarrant

Pre-load? The word 'pre-load' left a bad taste in my mouth after waiting for HL2 to go gold. Is there a release date for Red Orchestra? Some may appreciate the ability to pre-load and pre-purchase, but I see it as a hype building, revenue raising mechanism. Games are always more attractive when you can't actually play them, and have no access to the opinions of anyone who has.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
33. Re: Changes and Fixes Feb 14, 2006, 19:03 Tarrant

- Reload while sprinting has been enabled

Sweet. Now that's someting that will make life easier for the AT class

- Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.

Interesting. Wonder if this will result in any noticable fps increase.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
14. No subject Feb 12, 2006, 22:35 Tarrant

Couldn't games just change the colour of the cross? A blue cross perhaps?

Although, couldn't this become an issue for a lor of other things represented in games? I mean, as many games seek to represent things in the real world, there are potentially a lot of things in games that are trademarked. What about the uses of the red-cross in television and movies? What happens when you have a character in a movie who is a member of the red cross? Would this be a legitimate use of the trademark, or would permission need to be sought?

News Comments > etc.
3. No subject Feb 12, 2006, 22:17 Tarrant

Proof that violent crimes cause video games!...

Oh man, that's a funny one. Hahahaha. Kinda true, now that I think of it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One
25. No subject Feb 11, 2006, 01:25 Tarrant

I think this strategy might work if they can make four realeases a year, but I don't get the impression they'll be able to meet that kind of release schedule. Since when has Valve ever released anything on time? Two releases a year would be too infrequent. Moreover, the content would have to be seriously compelling in order to keep poeple interested. Obviously there will be little use of new technology accross episodes, so the content must be interesting enough for people to want to see what happens next. Personally, after the ending of HL2, I couldn't give a crap what happens next. HL1 left me very keen to see what happens to Gordan Freeman, but now he just seems like a dude that gets put into stasis and whipped out whenever Valve finally finishes a product. Moreover, does Valve wanna make games, or tell stories? If they want to sell their games based on narrative, then they better come up with some better ideas than HL2. The setting was a bit of a mess I think, and had a lot of incongruous elements, and little cohesion between HL1 aspects and the new aspects introduced in HL2.

News Comments > Dear Diary - SiN Episodes Trailer
30. Re: Feb 11, 2006, 01:05 Tarrant

My apologies for being so rude Rseman. I must've been on my rags last night. It's just that, while my original point may have been overtstated, I don't think it's as unreasonable as people seem to think. I'm fine with disagreement, but people seem more interested in picking at what I said and painting it as ridiculous, raher than providing an argument for why I'm wrong. This debate points to the question of whether Ritual and Valve's movements towards episodic single player focussed gameplay will produce the success they're looking for. Personally, I don't think it will, especially seeing as a large portion of Valve's customers as primarly interested in multiplayer (some might disagree, but I think the number of people who play CS:Source proves this).

And Shadowcat, I don't take all my gaming advice from executives and vice-president's either, and I never said that I did. But they do have the power to direct where future investment will go, and they make these decisions based on the revenue earnings of games already on the market. Valve may be one of the only developers that can buck this trend, but they may not be able to do so for long unless their investment in episodic content proves successfull.

26. No subject Feb 10, 2006, 12:17 Tarrant

Taken from: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=14655

Online gaming will revolutionise industry, say execs

EA's former VP of online compares solo play to masturbation

Sony Online Entertainment's Raph Koster and former EA executive Lars Butler have declared that online gaming will revolutionise the industry - and that those who don't keep up will get left behind.

http://ask.yahoo.com/20030909.html

Why is Judy Garland such a popular gay icon?
Auntie Em
Encino, California

Dear Em:
Somewhere over the rainbow, past searches on "Judy Garland gay icon" and related terms, we discovered a number of complicated reasons why this singer and movie star is so beloved by the gay community...

Sheesh. Do I have to explain everything? Burden of proof is a real pain in the ass, but I'm still right.

24. Re: Feb 10, 2006, 11:41 Tarrant

Rseman, your response to what I said was asinine and proves that you failed to read what I actually wrote. Perhaps I should have qualified what I was saying as applying to PC games only, as the console market is not comparable, and definitely not at the same stage of MP development as the PC.

Furthermore, I wasn't saying that SP isn't relevant. If you had been paying any attention, rather than just getting your heckles up, you'd notice that I said that SP FPS games will not be able to compete with the MP market unless they innovate the SP FPS experience, rather than sticking to the same old run and gun formula. I also said that SP FPS is almost dead, which is very different from saying that it IS dead. Moreover, I was refering to SP FPS games on the PC, not single player in general. If I'm guilty of making blanket statements, your just as guilty as making blanket assumptions. At least I know what I wrote. Your ability to read, however, is questionable.

As for your comments about statistics and figures, well, that paragraph makes little to no sense. It's simply not readable. I don't want any of what you're on, as it obviously dulls your ability to communicate.

I don't care how much spare time you have, or the fact that you're in your late 30s. I'm in my late 20s, have been playing games for 20 years, and I don't have the time to play games for hours on end either. That wasn't the point, and your attempts to elevate your status above that of a child further reveals your arrogance and, due to the personal nature of what you said, your narcisism as well.

And as for clicking your heels together - does your wife know you crossdress and have a thing for a gay icon such as Judy Garland?

Some of us actaully think about what we say before prancing around like a twat. Oh, and you don't need to level up to be competitive in BF2. Maybe you're loosing your skills in your old age. Now just close your eyes, think of home, and fade away.

17. No subject Feb 9, 2006, 15:33 Tarrant

Hmm, so HL2 didn't have enough guys wearing gas masks for you? Feel the need to cruise around some more docks and warehouses huh? Many of the textures and use of colour look the same, the environments are similar, enemies are similar, physics based puzzles are similar. The ship hovering in the sky is reminiscent of HL2. It's not half obvious that it was made in close consultaion with Valve. There's a difference between using and engine to make a different game, and making a total conversion. I'll hold my reservations until it's out, but it looks more like a TC to me.

15. No subject Feb 9, 2006, 14:51 Tarrant

Unless a Single Player FPS has a compelling MP component it's sales will never match up to the MP competition. And with budgets and development cycles ever increasing, it's going to make increasingly less sense to market a game based primarily on it's single player elements. Do you think sales for Doom3, Quake4, or F.E.A.R come even close to BF2 and HL2 (read CS:Source)? I'm not saying that SP FPS will die, but they will have to be more like FPS-RPG hybrids, like Oblivion and Bioshock. Typical run and gun shooters just won't be able to compete with a game like Huxley, which will have PvE, so much like single player, but with a party of six or so players. Scripted sequences and AI are just not gonna cut it anymore. And interaction, being able to interact with your environment, move stuff around, solve puzzles etc, when the hell did that ever make a FPS great? With 5 million people playing WoW, it's obvious that the FPS genre has to move more towards MMO PvE style of play, as spending 2-3 years to release a game that people play for 2-3 days is getting increasingly pointless.

12. No subject Feb 9, 2006, 14:02 Tarrant

Yawn. It looks like Ritual have succeded in making a game that looks and plays like HL2. After games like F.E.A.R., and with Prey on the way, I doubt this will rouse much interest. Maybe if they got it out the door last year but, c'mon, this will just be for fanboys, Valve groupies and people too poor to upgrade. Single player FPS is almost dead, but hey, that's what happens when you don't do anything new for 5 years. The Might and Magic game using Valve's engine looks much more interesting.

News Comments > Halo 2 for Windows Vista Planned
28. Re: Whoa! Feb 9, 2006, 13:12 Tarrant

And you also know damn well that 90% of you that say you're not gonna get it, will...including myself. I rather enjoyed HALO on the PC and was eager to get it.

Speak for yourself Rigs. People are negative beause this is a typical MS tactic, like when they released XP and gave businesses special discount offers for the first 3 months, effectively driving their profits up for that quarter and forcing businesses to upgrade on release, or loose money later. It's ALL about business. Why on earth would it need to be a DX10 only title? CoD2, HL2 and many other games have no problem running DX8 or DX9. Furthermore, many of will be playing games like Huxley, Oblivion and Quake Wars by the time Halo2 rocks around, so no, 90% won't go out and buy it, cause it will look shit by then. Actually, I'd go a game of BF2 or CS:Source over Halo2 now anyway. Are you some console fanboy or something? Haven't got a real PC? Jesus, if you think PC gamers are that interested in Halo2 then you have squat idea about where the PC scene is going.

News Comments > Thursday Game Reviews
12. Re: Guild Wars MPOG not MMOG May 6, 2005, 04:05 Tarrant

It's competent but, no, it's not the best. The voice acting is good, but most of the time you won't even bother reading the text...quest, level up, quest, level up etc. It's still that type of game, albiet a good one, but you won't find yourself moved to tears by the writing in it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 for Sale?
11. Re: Not released? Nov 13, 2004, 20:15 Tarrant

And to think Valve are contracted to make one more game with Vivendi... they should release Codename Gordon 2 and get as far away from those mutherfuckers as soon as possible.

Steam WOULD HAVE been a good idea if Vivendi hadn't tried so hard to ruin it...money hungry corporate EVIL bastards.

I think Gamers should strike out against Evil publishers like VU and EA and MS...they seem to make game developers lives harder, not easier...if all game developers could be self funded, and sell their games on the net...that would be sweet. Third party hacks like publishers, marketing divisions, PR Hacks etc etc could fuck off and die and we could play games in peace. Assholes.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Steam Release
92. No subject Oct 8, 2004, 02:13 Tarrant

well, I just paid for a silver account - waiting for cs:source to dload. why do I feel like I just gave money away to a charity? hmmm. This is really close to being a fubar-ed situation.

36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo