Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AJ

Real Name AJ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 11, 2003, 02:15
Total Comments 8 (Suspect)
User ID 17717

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > The Phantom Menace?
57. Re: the future.... Jul 13, 2003, 07:38 AJ

What makes previous consoles so great?

All the games are similar within the 5 or 6 different genres.

With the only difference being the water looking more like water, or the snow looking more like snow ???

Its the same stuff over and over and over, under a new name or part or version 2, 3 etc etc

If there is not a sharp twist towards distribution directly into the home and new original games then the games market is a has been within 5 years.

You guys may be prepared to play the same rubbish over and over at the moment but something new is required.

Maybe the Phantom is the way forward. Does it upset you when I say that? Why?

I like the idea of renting a game for the week for a few dollars. I also like the idea of being able to demo a game for a few minutes, so I can decide whether it's worth renting or buying.

AJ

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: -Phantom- Jul 11, 2003, 08:30 AJ

Hammer man (time)

I researched the Phantom for a European broadband supplier, so when it comes up on the u.k games news site mvcuk.com it links you to this page.

I know quite a lot about it so I thought I would discuss it.

Doeas that make me an employee of Infinium Labs? I live in Spain, there bassed in America somewhere.
You don't really have a point do you? Are you American by chance?

LOL

39. -Phantom- Jul 11, 2003, 08:21 AJ

32. Re: -Phantom chat- Jul 11, 2003, 05:43 AJ

Creston,

To answer some of your points that seem to frustrate you greatly.

I am in know way involved with the Phantom but I have done a little research into who is actually involved. I suggest you have a look into it and then talk.

Then have a look at where the main growth of the games market is expected over the next 8 years and it will point to on-line.

As it will appear to run on a windows o.s then formatting p.c games for it will be extremely simple and very very cheap.

From the research I have gathered for the European market, I also found that the relationship with Microsoft is already negotiated and in place. It seems Microsoft are backing them.

In europe and the Far East pay per play, broadband systems are breaking the trend and becoming standard home options. It is only the States who are lagging behind like the DigitalT.V and mobile phones sector.
Just to answer your final question, why would their web site mention where the v.c comes from. Its obviously not meant for that.

I understand a lot of peaople can't see past Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo but there are other possiblities as the major publishers are prooving by getting behind the idea.

19. -Phantom chat- Jul 10, 2003, 23:10 AJ

And if you look at the big 3 and wonder why they havn't done it, you would soon realise that this is what they were trying to do.

AJ

18. -Phantom chat- Jul 10, 2003, 23:05 AJ

We all know that nothing is impossible. I agree with you there.

However, what I believe thay are trying to say is that it's the most secure way invented so far, for the distribution of gaming content.

Is that not a positive thing, even if it gives you hackers something to play with for a while.

AJ

15. -Phantom talk- Jul 10, 2003, 22:38 AJ

Someone disagrees with you and look what happens.

If you want to have a proper chat about it, then lets do it like adults.

AJL

12. Re: VC is peanuts, this is a joke. Jul 10, 2003, 22:22 AJ

You should stop thinking about how things have been done in the past and start thinking about how things will be done in the future.

I think the Phantom is exactly what the computer games industry needs. All recently made consoles are exactly the same as each other. This is something to get excited about at last.

Start thinking globally not locally!!

8 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo