Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tulio Pontacoloni

Real Name Tulio Pontacoloni   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname GibMonkey
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 9, 2003, 15:38
Total Comments 47 (Suspect)
User ID 17703

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 = April 2004?
122. Damn Oct 7, 2003, 14:36 GibMonkey

:Begin Rant

Quick question first. Who's the puppet? Us (the customer), Valve, Vivendi, ATI, distributors (EBGames etc.). Just who knows what and who is pulling the strings. I'll tell you right now, it doesn't seem like Valve even knows what the heck is going on.

EB's date is like a nail in the coffin for this thing as far as I'm concerned. They've been correct on the date all along.

Still can't believe they truly believed this thing was ready for prime time for release the end of September. This is like a 7 month hiatus. Bull I tell ya.

I mean everyone here knew STEAM wouldn't be ready (or will it ever be?) after all the wonderful testing that thing has gone through and fell flat on its' face.

I just have a BIG problem with these guys releasing movies, feeding the hype machine only to say it won't ready for SEVEN FREAKIN MONTHS. I mean they were playtesting the darn thing right? Isn't that like last thing before gold?

MAKE A FREAKIN' STATEMENT ALREADY! KEEPING THE PEOPLE WHO PUT DINNER ON YOUR TABLE IN THE DARK HAS BEEN PROVEN NOT TO WORK ALREADY!

With valve pullin' a carrot from in front of me with the 1 year delay of HL1 as well as announcing 4 days (92 hours folks) before its' sequel release that they weren't going to hit the mark (gee, you think they knew about that LONG before then?) Keeping me here with a bunch of ??? over my head just makes hulk angry.

HULK MUST SMASH!

In conclusion - I feel wronged in some way, and Valve is looking pretty darn shady to me.

:End Rant

OK, all done now. Move along. There's nothing to see here....
This comment was edited on Oct 7, 14:37.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

83. Re: steam = vapour Oct 7, 2003, 13:14 GibMonkey

Yeah, my Cisco router's installed firewall is enough right? I haven't patched the firmware in it for 2 years but that should be fine, no?

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 13:15.

65. You know.... Oct 7, 2003, 12:14 GibMonkey

I felt bad for Valve, but (as an IT person myself) their lack of security is truly were the fault lies here. I mean, sure the hackers are the criminals here, but why leave your car unlocked and your wallet on the seat? It is truly their fault to not post a delay until FOUR days before the supposed release. Not a friggin' peep until just before release. I think I got blue balls off of that one. I mean we're talking about the company that hyped up TeamFortress2 like a billion years ago yes? The same company with this mess called STEAM(Y pile of doodoo) as a method of circulation. Oh, and what about this benchmark program? >VANISHED< How about the infomation/SDK for modders and such to be relased early? >VANISHED<

I don't know what to say. I was totally HYPED for HL2, and I'm sure I will buy it when it is released (whenever). Just all around sucks for us. Can't help but feel like the sucker here. Whatever happens with this beta release and such I can't help but feel they deserve. To miss the holiday season has got to hurt sales, and the deal with ATI - they must be pissed too. What about any code in the source leak that wasn't theirs (HAVOC engine)?

Waiting patiently for DOOM3....

P.S. - This is of course if this is all true, otherwise disregard the previous..err ;-)

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 12:19.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Whoa.... Sep 18, 2003, 08:02 GibMonkey

All the best to You and your family Blue. Me and my friends thoughts and prayers are with ya. 'Tis a hard road sometimes, this thing called "life."

GibMonkey

News Comments > On Half-Life 2 Performance
31. Re: What the H?! Sep 11, 2003, 09:11 GibMonkey

What a bunch of dic|<s. To bad you guys can't focus on the fact that he makes awesome games, or even the facts stated in any of the articles. Throw a picture of yourself up here so we can mock you, that would be fun. Unfotrunately, you guys haven't got any award winning games under your belt to help your image.

You guys rock! Dic|<s.

(This message was not intended for all that posted, just for the ones that are dic|<s. You know who you are, you bunch of dic|<s.)

And on that note, pretty surprising benchmarks eh?

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 09:12.

News Comments > The Sims: Makin' Magic Announced
6. and then the OTHER exp. packs... Jul 9, 2003, 11:45 GibMonkey

SIMS - Breathe - Virtually breathe air!
SIMS - Color my stool
SIMS - Do the cha cha!
SIMS - Harvesting coffee in columbia
SIMS - Paint by number
SIMS - Workin' in a coal mine
SIMS - Monopoly edition! Virtually play Monopoly!

and my all time favorite - announced for this fall!

SIMS - Be an EA Executive! Make lots of money releasing the same thing over and over and over and over!

Sorry, this just drives me nutz

News Comments > The Sims: Makin' Magic Announced
5. Re: The only reason there's no more exp. Jul 9, 2003, 11:39 GibMonkey

I just cannot believe the amount of money raked in on this franchise.

Makes me ill. Will someone please shoot me now. Ugh.

Brought to you from the creators of other all time brain ticklers such as "Deer Hunter" and "Bass fisherman."

<BLARF>

47 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo