Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for baron von richtofen

Real Name baron von richtofen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sir
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2003, 12:53
Total Comments 603 (Apprentice)
User ID 17694

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Darkfall Online 14-Day Trial
8. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jun 3, 2010, 16:43 sir

LittleMe wrote on Jun 3, 2010, 16:34:
Of course a blanket statement like that is inaccurate, but there's some truth in what he's saying. I've lived here in the US all my life and I know what he's talking about.

And I've lived in the UK all my life and have come to realise that douchebaggery knows no bounds, international or otherwise.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Doctor Who in the UK
12. Re: Doctor Who in the UK Jun 3, 2010, 15:45 sir

I wouldn't worry about not being able to access it. The dialogue between the doc and his gorgeous ginger minion is good, the rest of the game is forgettable.  

News Comments > Shogun 2: Total War Revealed?
2. Re: Shogun 2: Total War Revealed? May 28, 2010, 13:01 sir

A return to the original and best - it's all been downhill since.  

News Comments > APB Pre-Purchases
11. Re: APB Pre-Purchases May 23, 2010, 16:21 sir

Just forwarded you the invitation email, Half Elf, and if you share the account with batman that would be nice

Wtf_man, the NDA is still in effect so I can't discuss the beta. All I will say is that if you like GTA and PvP then there's a good chance you will like APB - so far I've racked up 36 hours of play time, which is more than can be said for many of the games I buy with genuine, real money.

5. Re: APB Pre-Purchases May 22, 2010, 16:29 sir

If you still want the key Half Elf, post your email address here and I'll forward the key to you.  

4. Re: APB Pre-Purchases May 22, 2010, 12:24 sir

Ok Half Elf, I'll give him until 9 pm GMT (about three and a half hours from now) to answer, and if not, then it's yours.  

2. Re: APB Pre-Purchases May 22, 2010, 10:08 sir

Batman, was it you who wanted into the APB beta? If so, I've got an unused beta key you can use.  

News Comments > SEGA Genesis Games for PCs Next Month
15. Re: SEGA Genesis Games for PCs Next Month May 21, 2010, 18:03 sir

OldScho0l wrote on May 21, 2010, 17:48:
Anyone with an emulator has already had all these games for many years now. FAIL

True, some of us have been playing Snes & Genesis games on emulators for a decade while others haven't got the faintest idea what an emulator is, but will no doubt fondly remember their favorite Genesis games. Can you guess which group Mr. Pili wants to appeal to?

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Hoth Profile
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Hoth Profile May 21, 2010, 14:33 sir

Hoth ain't a bad place to be.  

News Comments > Top Gun Announced
12. Re: Top Gun Announced May 21, 2010, 02:31 sir

(Internet super)highway to the danger zone!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: YEAHHHHHHH May 18, 2010, 13:04 sir

That fan-made AvP: Redemption 'movie' is incredible. He did a better job on a budget of $500 than Fox did on a budget of $60 mill.  

News Comments > Alganon Plagiarism Follow-up
24. Re: Alganon Plagiarism Follow-up May 11, 2010, 13:06 sir

Comparing the two paragraphs from the relevant press releases, it reminded me of the time when I wrote a review of Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome, only to discover that one of the paragraphs I had written was remarkably similar to a paragraph in Gamespot's review, despite the fact that I hadn't read the Gamespot article before writing my own. I can't remember if I changed what I had written, but it does prove that it is possible to come up with very similar text when two parties are writing about the same (or a very similar) subject. Whether Quest Online and that new Star Wars MMO could be considered similar, however, is an argument for another day  

News Comments > Medal of Honor in October
5. Re: Medal of Honor in October May 5, 2010, 14:10 sir

After viewing that trailer I propose a series name change to Measure of Twaddle.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed May 4, 2010, 13:52 sir

In short, a game consisting of 320240 pixels, each the size of a babys fist, no longer causes quite so many people to scoff dismissively at it.

I'll have some of what she's smoking - but only if it's in high resolution and bump mapped.

Edit for gender amendment

This comment was edited on May 4, 2010, 13:58.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Apollo 11 Apr 27, 2010, 12:17 sir

Congratulations Blue.  

News Comments > Bushnell & Atari Name Reunited
2. Re: Bushnell & Atari Name Reunited Apr 19, 2010, 14:02 sir

Let's hope a remake of E.T. is on the agenda. Just kidding.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM Will "Evolve"
22. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Will Apr 10, 2010, 17:21 sir

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your DRM. I realized it's not actually an ""online services platform". Every piece of DRM on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding software, but your DRM does not. You move to an application, and you verify, and verify, until every internet resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another application. There is another application on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Ubisoft DRM is a disease, a cancer of this planet, a plague, and we are the cure.  

News Comments > On Games and Dental Health
9. Re: On Games and Dental Health Apr 5, 2010, 15:52 sir

The study comes from the British Dental Health Foundation, who are choosing to focus on the threat to UK teeth from video games, rather than lack of dental services

Nice point Blue, and it's pretty much on the money except for one minor caveat - it's a shortage of NHS dentists that's the problem, as there are more than enough private dentists who are willing to fleece you of your money to fix your teeth. That's pure anathema to me, as we already pay our taxes to subsidise the service that NHS dentists are supposed to provide at a modest cost.

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures Discontinued
10. Re: Penny Arcade Adventures Discontinued Mar 30, 2010, 11:13 sir

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 08:38:
Humor : Penny Arcade :: Oil : Water

I lol'd.

News Comments > APB Trailer & Screenshots
4. Re: APB Trailer & Screenshots Mar 27, 2010, 12:48 sir

From watching the video, I can understand where your reservations come from - it looks like the game is aimed at a hyperactive teenager with the attention span of an amnesiac goldfish. Quite ironic then, that after around 10 hours of play the beta of this game has shown the most promise that I can recall since playing World of Warcraft in late 2004 (although, obviously, the two games are worlds apart in theme and - yes - in gameplay terms).  

603 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo