Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Garrote

Real Name Garrote   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Garrote
Email the_garrote@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2003, 10:42
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 17693

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
162. No subject Sep 20, 2003, 06:08 Garrote

My sympathies goes out to you and your family in this difficult time, Blue.  
-Garrote

Pale Death with impartial tread beats at the poor man's cottage door and at the palaces of kings.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

571. No subject Sep 19, 2003, 10:56 Garrote

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Blue.

-Garrote

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 10:57.

-Garrote

Pale Death with impartial tread beats at the poor man's cottage door and at the palaces of kings.

21. Re: Whales Aug 21, 2003, 12:46 Garrote

Halsy:

#5. Homeless tracking. *sigh* Come on guys, just spend the friggin money on shelters and low cost housing already.

You mean actually HELP them? For all that is unholy, NEVER! Everybody knows they should just get a job!

That Japan Times Online article was an interesting read. Soon paintball and all that will be a thing of the past and we'll be slugging it out in our mechs.

-

-Garrote

166. Fine with me Aug 20, 2003, 06:30 Garrote

Today might see some experimentation begin with some ads that are probably more obtrusive than what we're used to here. This is not a step that is taken lightly, but is essential to the ongoing survival of this site, and I can only hope that you will consider this a fair trade-off. As always, feedback on this is welcome.

Go right ahead, Blue. It's such a minor annoyance anyway. Some people here don't understand reality and that someone has to pay for the bandwith.

(Edit: Von Helmet beat me to it with his excellent post)

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 06:32.

-Garrote

News Comments > Consolidation - ATI & Xbox 2
30. Wow Aug 15, 2003, 06:17 Garrote

ATi sure has turned around from a few years ago when the 3d cards they produced was crap and no-one thought 3DFX would ever die. Impressive to restructure their production so they now make fast, high-quality and reliable cards.  
-Garrote

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: air osama Jul 23, 2003, 12:20 Garrote

some of the third-party add-on aircraft available for "Flight Simulator" and competing programs have become so authentic in recent years, in fact, that they are turning into useful tools for aspiring terrorist hijackers.

Yeah, right.

What's next, claiming GT: Vice City is a perfect tool for aspiring criminals?

-Garrote

News Comments > AC2 Shrinks
10. Re: Content, Content, Content..... Jul 23, 2003, 12:12 Garrote

I typically play MMORPGs like you do Wax. I tend to avoid people and try to make my own adventure, which usually doesn't work so well.

Amen to that, Darsint.

I played alot of MUD back in the mid 1990's (sweet grad school) , but I don't play any MMORPG at the moment and have only played them for rather brief periods of time before giving up on them.

I'm hoping that Blizzard's offering turns out better; I can't recall ever playing a BAD Blizzard game.

-Garrote

News Comments > The Sims: Makin' Magic Announced
32. Re: Hrm... Jul 10, 2003, 06:34 Garrote

Well, all of a sudden this story at aicg.com seems all the more certain:

Sounds like smart business practice, just as you conclude. Add a few new features to a "game", call it an expansion pack and sell it but don't bother to test it and then start working on the next patch but add some MORE features so you can charge for it.

-Garrote

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2003, 06:21 Garrote

BF:Vietnam looks like it will rock. But why start pumping out previews when the game isn't out until next spring?! Gaaah!

BTW, who buys all those Sims expansions? What people play the Sims? Anyone have sale figures? It doesn't sound like EA has much trouble putting together a Sims expansion pack, they must be bathing in cash.

-Garrote

News Comments > Thief 3 Q&A
18. Re: Ok, everybody now Jul 9, 2003, 06:34 Garrote

I think Warren and Ion Storm deserve a big fat shiny MEDAL for their devotion, willingness and seeming eagerness to get this title as close to the original vision as possible.

Being a Thief fanboy (since that is what you are called if you like a game nowadays) I am extremly happy with this news, but seriously; they aren't making Thief 3 for any other reason than money.

-Garrote

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo