Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah Bope

Real Name Blah Bope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Choachy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 27, 2003, 17:23
Total Comments 25 (Suspect)
User ID 17595

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2014, 15:08 Choachy

Nooo!! I went on vacation and completely forgot to make my picks for week 13! I've been sitting around 4th-5th place all year and only 5 out of first. Oh well....  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 28, 2014, 21:46 Choachy

US sues AT&T, alleges severe throttling of unlimited data customers.

Thats the best news I've seen all day!! I still have an unlimited data plan with AT&T and I've been traveling a lot this month. I reached my 5 GB soft cap with 16 days left in my billing cycle. Its been brutal! I can barely load a website now in a reasonable amount of time. Been so pissed at AT&T. Speedtest app showed I was throttled down from 4G LTE speeds, to about .3 mb/s.

Unlimited data my ass. Definitely behind the FTC on this one!

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
5. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 09:58 Choachy

They are in the business of making money. And as long as people are willing to pay for it for a game that is over 9 years old, I can't blame them.  

118. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 10:39 Choachy

With all the Hudson stories you've shared over the years, I felt like I knew that dog without ever meeting it. Sorry for your loss. Having recently put down our 15 year old retriever...In my experience, nothing but time will heal. Dogs love us unconditionally, and they are always there to greet you like its the happiest day of their life, no matter what kind of day you had. That's a part of our family that I miss.

RIP Hudson.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 12:33 Choachy

Your comment is about as bad as that article. In your bitching about them generalizing, you tried to generalize and it didnt even make sense.

When Apple used Google's map app on previous iOS versions, it sucked. When Appled tried to make their own, it sucked. Thats why i used Waze. Or one of the other numerous map apps that work just fine. That has nothing to do with phone problems.

My iphone cal syncs with my Exchange server without a problem, and has for a long time. WTF mate.

The iphone 5 battery is so much better than they were on my HTC and Samsung phones. But I think battery life is directly related to user knowledge. Dont leave GPS apps running all the time, turn off bluetooth if you dont use it, etc. Shit like that.

News Comments > Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit
27. Re: Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit Nov 9, 2012, 09:49 Choachy

I applaud Blizzard for implementing the authenticator system. No security system is perfect. This adds another layer that is pretty damn effective. Especially for the people who dont know how to keep their own computers secure.

...or what Blackhawk said.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2010, 16:27 Choachy

We have a Labrador retriever who has never cared about storms and thunder (thank goodness), but I know exactly what you mean about smoke detectors with low batteries!

We have a few detectors downstairs, and 1 upstairs...the one upstairs began chirping. We couldnt hear it, but the dog sure could. He went bat-shit crazy for 2 days before we realized what it was. (we dont go upstairs that often)

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2010, 16:41 Choachy

I took all the guess work out of my grilling and did the best thing I could have ever done...bought a electronic grilling/meat thermometer. Picked up one that has the remote receiver, so I can walk back in the house to tend to something else, and still keep an eye on the temp.

Makes the best grilled chicken Ive ever made...moist, tender, never under/over cooked.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2010, 12:01 Choachy

I'm not saying everyone has to like college basketball, or college sports in general, but it surprises me when I find people who like sports but dont care for collegiate athletics.

Its no shock to me, just like in the pros, the best college athletes are bought and paid for...but as someone who works closely with college athletics, I see the heart that most of these athletes play with, and its just refreshing, especially when comparing the NBA with college ball.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2008, 10:19 Choachy

Ahhh, beat me to it.
I was going to note my observation of the direct relationship between Blue's leftover halloween candy, and Blue's visits to Dr. Toothy.

6. Re: HPB roll call Jul 17, 2008, 11:09 Choachy

I was in Quake 2 heaven when I upgraded my 56k modem Which would usually see around 38K) to 128k ISDN! It was worth every penny...especially when I found a startup to host me for very little.

News Comments > Rock Band 2 Announced - Updated
8. Instruments Jul 14, 2008, 18:13 Choachy

RB2 is a franchise that Im excited about supporting, but it seems like the instruments are a mixed bag of luck. And we're not heavy users. We go in spurts, and only play them about once every couple weeks for extended sessions. Perhaps they lack some love.

Our RB guitar gave out a few weeks ago. The strum bar stopped responding to down strums, and you could only strum up.

While the 'feel' of the GH2 guitar was never great, it continues to work well with RB.

Our new wireless GH3 guitar works very well with RB, and I love the feel of it.

Our RB drum set has always had a springly clanky sound under one drum (yellow), so while I dont look forward to throwing cash away, Im looking forward to the new drum design. (softer pads and velocity sensitive). Yes, the current ones are too loud.

17. Re: Chocolate Dec 19, 2007, 13:29 Choachy

We have a 97 pound lab retreiver that is 7 years old. My wife knew how much I enjoy these chocolate orange balls (yeah, yeah, insert jokes here) see: http://www.amazon.com/Terrys-Chocolate-Orange-6-17-Ounce-Boxes/dp/B000XQ40Y8
so she picked up three, wrapped them, and placed them under the tree last year. One day later, we come home to a Christmas massacre. Apparently, eating all three (including a bit of packaging) wasnt enough, so he went on the hunt for more and unwrapped every present under the tree.

Since birth, he has been on phenobarbital for seizures. The drug keeps them under control. We see maybe one a year. After he ate 18+ ounces of chocolate, he had two seizures in three days. A year later, he is healthy and happy, but no more chocolate under the tree.

13. Time Server Aug 26, 2007, 23:01 Choachy

I had not checked my time server settings in quite some time, but upon checking, I see that my service was off. When enabled, it was already set to time-a.nist.gov. However, synchronization failed.

I tried:
time.windows.com
time.nist.gov
time-a.nist.gov
and all failed.

Last in the list was time-b.nist.gov which was the only one that worked. Odd.

News Comments > Pranksterz Games
1. Clicky? Aug 10, 2007, 15:49 Choachy

No linky link here?

8. Re: No subject Mar 19, 2007, 13:06 Choachy

WOW! I cant believe anyone would rank PRO-basketball over college b-ball. Strange...

News Comments > Myst Online: Uru Live Launches
6. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2007, 09:32 Choachy

I thought URU live came out about 3-4 years ago. Im pretty sure I played the beta? Or maybe not. Didnt it tank, and get closed pretty quickly? I liked the concept, being a huge fan of the Myst series, but I guess gametap is taking over of this now. Good luck to them.

I agree with the others, in that the original was ground breaking and so much fun, but as they progressed, the puzzles became unrealistic and super difficult. I enjoy a challenge, but some of the puzzles were insanely hard, and just didnt connect with the story.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. 8 million dollar car Feb 7, 2007, 10:20 Choachy

I kind of like videosift...my opinion vs yours...we can both win.

Not impressed. Concept cars are built all the time. And Ive seen much better.

The car includes exclusive materials such as aluminum? Wow. Ive got a whole roll of that in my drawer.

News Comments > On Blizzard's Next MMORPG
7. Re: Haha Jan 23, 2007, 11:25 Choachy

World of Starcraft (WoS).....*drool*.

4. Peacekeeper Missile Jan 12, 2007, 11:23 Choachy

"one Peacekeeper can hold up to 10 nuclear warheads, each independently targeted. Were the warheads armed with a nuclear payload, each would carry with it the explosive power of twenty-five Hiroshima-sized weapons."

Peacekeeper or world destroyer? I see irony in naming is present.

25 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo