Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for grudgebearer

Real Name grudgebearer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname grudgebearer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ET-JUNKIE
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2003, 17:07
Total Comments 244 (Novice)
User ID 17580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
65. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 14:33 grudgebearer

My first guess is that the first major version Mojang puts out now that MS is in control will require all mods to support the current version, with some sort of framework for managing the mods built into the game itself...

After that they'll probably start trying to work the Windows App marketplace into Minecraft for future mods and releases.

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 10:38 grudgebearer

Too bad this is Origin...I do love some coop....  

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delay Confirmed
6. Re: Wasteland 2 Delay Confirmed Aug 19, 2014, 21:19 grudgebearer

Probably not enough time to fix the combat and total lack of character customization.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 19, 2014, 07:12 grudgebearer

mag wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 03:14:
grudgebearer wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 00:23:
Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 22:06:
Wooohoooo! Between this, Wasteland 2, Original Sin and Witcher 3 in February 2015, it's a fucking GREAT six months for RPGs.

Have you played any WL2 yet? The combat is pretty terrible.

How so? Which camp are you from? "Not enough like Fallout" or "too much like Fallout?"

There's just no tactics to it at all. Early on before explosives, since there are no formations your guys enter combat in a clump, first round you move them to cover or just crouch and set everyone to "ambush". The AI is pretty tard, so they always rush into your field of fire, so most battles end by the second third round as you decimate them the first round. You literally have 3 options in combat, crouch, attack, and ambush which is basically overwatch. Later on it get's even worse because you get grenades, and so does the enemy, which are completely overpowered in that they are 100% accurate and do about 100 damage which is instakill unless you are level 10+.

No feats, no aimed shots, no body part targeting, very little environmental destruction; it's just really boring.

I hope PoE doesn't fall into that same hole and spend all their resources on the story and forget that combat is machine that progresses the story and needs to be done just as well.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 19, 2014, 00:23 grudgebearer

Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 22:06:
Wooohoooo! Between this, Wasteland 2, Original Sin and Witcher 3 in February 2015, it's a fucking GREAT six months for RPGs.

Have you played any WL2 yet? The combat is pretty terrible.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Grand Ages: Medieval Announced
3. Re: Grand Ages: Medieval Announced Aug 11, 2014, 14:44 grudgebearer

Kalypso's track record is spotty at best...I need to see some gameplay vids...  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
39. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 6, 2014, 10:49 grudgebearer

winston149 wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 14:19:
Reading through the comments here, I'm kind of surprised at most. Just trolling for fun? I've followed the development of SC closely, and as far as I can tell, it seems to be pretty well on track. The core space sim technology is obviously there, and it's actually pretty fun to play around with all by itself, frankly.

On track? Yeah, it's on track to run right off a cliff.

SC has got to be one of the most ambitious games every thought up, and it is being managed by a man with a horrendous track record in delivering on his proposed ideas.

Will this game ever be finished? In my opinion, it probably won't be as far as fulfilling all of the proposed features it is supposed to support. More than likely there will be several module releases similar to the Arena Commander to keep people on the hook. They will all be buggy, and will need to be updated and tweaked and won't support all of the ever-expanding features, but people will be getting 'something' for their money.

In the end, the inability of the CryEngine to scale to meet the needs of the game will be blamed for its failure, and Chris Roberts will have the gall to ask for more money in order to create a game engine from scratch.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2014, 11:22.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War Jun 26, 2014, 07:32 grudgebearer

VxChemical wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 03:57:
grudgebearer wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 01:08:
walrus1 wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 00:57:
grudgebearer wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 00:48:
Task wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 23:17:
...one of the few times a world war game has acknowledged a German as a human being...

A human being that had full knowledge of the fact that their government was mass-exterminating Jews, Roma, homosexuals, the handicapped, and any other group of people that didn't fit into their eugenic insanity of creating a master race? Are those the people that you are worried about as not being portrayed with "humanity" and "compassion"? There's a terribly small violin playing somewhere, but for the life of my I just can't seem to hear it over the sound of wailing in the death camps.

Wrong war there professor. You're thinking of World War II not I. A war that happened 30 years in the future. By the way how much the average German knew and how much the rank and file enlisted soldier knew is a debated topic, with lots of variations according to where they were stationed and where they lived.

The same people who fought in WWI were the people who sat by while their neighbors were rounded up in cattle cars 20 years later. This idea of portraying early 20th century Germans as anything other than the shitheads they were is historical revisionism at its best. But let's disregard the fact that these guys were the ones that developed weaponized chlorine gas to use on the battlefield, and instead romanticize history and show how this one guy didn't actually want to fight.

Guess how many French/British/Serbian etc... didn't want to fight but didn't have any choice when the Germans decided to come trotting into their countries?

Fitting user name there dude, but just relax, chill out, it was a long time ago. While some germans at the time were jerks and asses, you cant blame all of them for the mistakes, they were in both wars under an oppressive goverment.

You my friend need to bush up on your world history. The support for both wars from the German citizenry was extremely high until they started losing.

- Harlon Nayl

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War Jun 26, 2014, 07:29 grudgebearer

InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 05:38:
grudgebearer wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 01:08:
...one of the few times a world war game has acknowledged a German as a human being...

A human being that had full knowledge of the fact that their government was mass-exterminating Jews, Roma, homosexuals, the handicapped, and any other group of people that didn't fit into their eugenic insanity of creating a master race? Are those the people that you are worried about as not being portrayed with "humanity" and "compassion"? There's a terribly small violin playing somewhere, but for the life of my I just can't seem to hear it over the sound of wailing in the death camps.

Wrong war there professor. You're thinking of World War II not I. A war that happened 30 years in the future. By the way how much the average German knew and how much the rank and file enlisted soldier knew is a debated topic, with lots of variations according to where they were stationed and where they lived.

The same people who fought in WWI were the people who sat by while their neighbors were rounded up in cattle cars 20 years later. This idea of portraying early 20th century Germans as anything other than the shitheads they were is historical revisionism at its best. But let's disregard the fact that these guys were the ones that developed weaponized chlorine gas to use on the battlefield, and instead romanticize history and show how this one guy didn't actually want to fight.

Guess how many French/British/Serbian etc... didn't want to fight but didn't have any choice when the Germans decided to come trotting into their countries?

You are a horribly misinformed, vitrolic, troll of a human being. How is hating an entire nation for the sins of their masters any different from how the Nazi's felt about the Jews you asshole??

I don't hate Germany, as a nation or as a people, but I do hate the fact that they have attempted to gloss over WW1, WW2, and the Holocaust in their history books and popular culture. And I'm certainly not going to feel a bit of sadness about Germans from the time period being portrayed as what they were, warmongering, racial-purist assholes.

You feel free to be butthurt about that all you want, but next time you are in DC, go spend the afternoon in the Holocaust museum, and see whether or not you still care about how much humanity early 20th century Germans are portrayed with in a video game.

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 2014, 08:16.

- Harlon Nayl

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War Jun 26, 2014, 01:08 grudgebearer

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 2014, 01:13.

- Harlon Nayl

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War Jun 26, 2014, 00:48 grudgebearer

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > New Deus Ex Details?
17. Re: New Deus Ex Details? Jun 17, 2014, 14:47 grudgebearer

Brataccas wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:55:
Other than the final chapter, I really enjoyed DX:HR Director's Cut -- set design and music were outstanding. Characters were a little cardboard, but still interesting. Looking forward to a trilogy, but doubtful the impact between games will be anything noteworthy. We've been promised that sort of thing many times before...

Yeah that last chapter killed it for me as well. In spite of the consolitas it suffered from, some of which could be disabled in the settings, it was fun and the story was interesting and the game play was pretty solid minus the boss fights, right up until they had to put "zombies" in it which is pretty much all that last level really is.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
57. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 11:41 grudgebearer

nin wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 21:19:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 21:18:
If I recall correctly, he said he would never post here again - and we all rejoiced....

Pretty sure he posted after that, too...

Yeah I remember him getting busted using alts in one of those last discussions, and Blue chimed in and said that the posts from the other account were coming from the same IP as Derek's, and the "other poster" claimed he was VPNd into Derek's network.

Found it, this was his alt that Blue called out

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
48. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 12:36 grudgebearer

I want this project to succeed, and not turn into a p2win game, but there are very valid reasons no one wanted to work with Chris Roberts for the last fifteen years.

I'll reserve my judgement for the final release, and happily pay full retail for a finished product if it is worth getting.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
38. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 11:27 grudgebearer

Half their forum threads concerning this delay are smattered with people shitting on Elite. I think the reality is setting in, that there are some very valid reasons no one wanted to work with Chris Robertson, and that a kickstarter promising the stars was the only way he was ever going to get back into the industry.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Spearhead Earlier Early Access
1. Re: Interstellar Marines Spearhead Earlier Early Access May 29, 2014, 10:58 grudgebearer

Did they ever finally implement jumping in this game?  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
1. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 08:33 grudgebearer

These guys are either completely incapable of actually estimating development time, or their development updates are blatantly false. Have they hit a single target deadline at all?  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance
14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 4, 2014, 12:51 grudgebearer

Tumbler wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:20:
Spent 2 hours on it. It's not bad for $10. It's easy to play with kids running around because each match ends very quickly.

You get more control of the units as you get further in the game. The assault troops for example allow you to use jump jets to jump across lanes but only after u get that upgrade. In the beginning they are just a melee unit that moves forward a little quicker.

The standard marine can fire at adjacent lanes which is their "thing". You get grenades for them as well and a charge ability that lets you stun other units. (usually melee)

I upgraded to the dreadnaught early but it doesn't stay very long, it seems to have a certain amount of energy and when you use it all it just shuts down and drops into the floor.

Terminators are dlc which sucks. For the marines you can deploy tactical marines, assault, and devestator. You can also get bikes, dreadnaughts and a variety of other hq powers. There are also 2 other campaigns to purchase as dlc which look like ork campaigns.

I'm guessing they'll add in all the other marine chapters (at least the majors) and maybe some additional races.

I haven't been able to find a MP game yet...prob not a great sign.

There's no way in hell I'd pay $10 bucks for a plants vs zombies clone with $.99-$2.99 DLC for units on my iPad much less on my pc.

Fucking hate that GW gives their IP over to devs like these.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Announced
2. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Announced Mar 27, 2014, 10:10 grudgebearer

Judging from what Focus Home Interactive has done in the past...this game should be completely awesome.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
130. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 09:17 grudgebearer

Facebook offers the Walmart experience of gaming
-John Carmack, June 29th 2011

My respect for Carmack has been waning for years...him working for Facebook just sort of kills it off.

- Harlon Nayl

244 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo