Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for grudgebearer

Real Name grudgebearer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname grudgebearer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ET-JUNKIE
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2003, 17:07
Total Comments 266 (Amateur)
User ID 17580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
57. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 19, 2015, 09:59 grudgebearer

I've always hated DnD treatment of armor, both second edition AC/THAC0 and 3.0+ AC. It never made sense to me that having a high armor class made you somehow harder to hit, instead I always thought that armor should reduce the amount of damage you took from a successful hit.

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
44. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 10:05 grudgebearer

Quinn wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:44:
I agree, too. I hope PoEt won't be for hardcore CRPG players only. I sucked at Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale horribly. Ten years ago I couldn't even get past the first encounters. I tried the BG remake and I made it about 3 to 4 hours into the game before the enemies were really gaining the advantage. For some reason there's a line to be drawn for me, and BG/Icewind Dale is too hardcore.

I hope this is more toward Neverwinter Nights / Divinity OS but I doubt it :\

Anyone got something to say on this matter whom have played PoEt or know a lot about it?

Not trying to be a dick here, so please don't take it that way, but the creators of Pillars of Eternity have specifically called out the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series as the spiritual basis for the game.

It might be that this isn't the game for you if you didn't like those games.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2015, 11:24.

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
18. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:46 grudgebearer

Julian Delphiki wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:29:
Why am I not surprised to see so many of the users of this site, who have always commented on the most speculative..shilling...shilling shilling shilling...shilling shilling.

Signed up on 2/21/2015, just to post in this thread. How much do you get paid to defend this hookers-and-blow for Chris Roberts scheme?

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Ironcast This Month
1. Re: Ironcast This Month Feb 12, 2015, 09:10 grudgebearer

Love the setting and art, but hate the gameplay. I just can't get into games like this one.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
8. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 12:55 grudgebearer

I'm thinking this could be done, probably better, as a Skyrim MOD/Total Conversion.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
36. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 15:27 grudgebearer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 14:04:
Luke wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 12:57:
Funny how peps want to wait for this game to go on sale , but don't have nada problem putting 1000$ or more for a pixel ship in Star Citizen , Wall guess those peps are feeling important like " We made the game" jezz

To be fair, I don't think we have anybody who is into Star Citizen for nearly that much on Blues. Based on the last couple SC threads, we do have a small number of people who are in at the base level, whatever that was.

Kxmode has stated several times that he has spent $930.00 on STar Citizen

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
11. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 25, 2015, 00:07 grudgebearer

Funny how in the same week Roberts puts out a statement about how SC isn't about the money...and then launches a limited ship sale at the same time.

You really can't have any sympathy for anyone still putting money into this sinkhole, or people just now getting on board.

The retards who put them over 70 million can be found here, gushing over the sweet, sweet feeling of giving Chris Roberts more money to put in the pile that he rolls around on every night before he spends it on custom space suits, travel expenses, and cocaine.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2015, 00:21.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
32. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 21, 2015, 16:30 grudgebearer

NicklePop wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 15:46:
This game is incredible now.

True 6 degrees of freedom.

With a joystick, it's off the charts IMO.. better than Elite Dangerous (except for sound design). Decoupling into Newtonian physics is really fun, then recouple, afterburner, bam .. black out, and a 2 second 180.

Now we need the game part

I'm hyped, for good reason, this is not vaporware. The engine rocks now, when AC first came out I hated it for the simplistic crap controls. Trust me, it's good now!

Are you still flying around in a box in space?

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
5. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 21, 2015, 12:22 grudgebearer

In 2015 Webster's Dictionary is going to add the phrase "Clusterfuck", and the definition is just going to be "See Star Citizen development plan".  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
11. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Announced Jan 19, 2015, 13:01 grudgebearer

Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 12:40:
grudgebearer wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 12:27:
Not buying any Firaxis game until after first real patch. I learned my lesson with Beyond Earth.

More like a few years and a couple of expansions.

May end up that way, but at least by the first patch there will be enough hands on reviews and such to know if there's any initial worth there.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
9. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Announced Jan 19, 2015, 12:27 grudgebearer

Not buying any Firaxis game until after first real patch. I learned my lesson with Beyond Earth.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2015, 12:37.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed?
15. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 11:44 grudgebearer

Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 10:04:
Wow, all of the negative ninnies here... I for one think this would be fantastic!

Games-Workshop has a great IP, and fantastic writers at their disposal, but their games division is focused on milking out every penny they can from customers at all costs. Whoring out their IPs to low-skill developers because they are paranoid that any game that comes too close to the tabletop experience will detract from their miniature sales.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
5. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 10, 2015, 14:29 grudgebearer

I wonder if one of them is Sins of Dark Age coming out of early access...

Hopefully it's not another MoBA...

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer Quest
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer Quest Jan 7, 2015, 14:58 grudgebearer

This is a port of the iOS game that was terribly monetized. New characters cost money...missions cost money...skill slots cost money...equipment for your characters cost money...  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
70. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 23, 2014, 01:37 grudgebearer

Scheherazade wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 19:07:
nin wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 16:40:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 16:26:
Arena Commander 1.0 Release - More of Everything (including bugs)

Wow, sounds like a mess.

As an engineer/developer, I'm not bothered or concerned about the dev progress so far, it's basically normal. The pace and response time is as expected for a couple-hundred person operation (actually, on the faster side TBH). Weekly builds of any given large program are in no better shape than this.

-scheherazade

The pace isn't the issue at heart here, the problem is the ever-expanding scope of the project. With the way that the game has expanded from a mission-based space flight-sim, to a persistent universe flight-sim that starts off as a mission-based flight sim, to a persistent universe flight sim with built-in FPS functionality that starts off as a mission-based flight sim, it will be a miracle if there every truly is a 'Star Citizen 1.0' that actually fulfills the current scope of the game.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
11. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 14:51 grudgebearer

Civ:BE Isn't even worth it at that price. I'd wait till it is sub $20.00; wish I had actually.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
25. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 18:13 grudgebearer

25 posts and 'theyarecomingforyou' isn't in here white-knighting the game yet?

Someone needs to check and make sure he is still alive.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Details
11. Re: Evolve Alpha Details Oct 27, 2014, 14:56 grudgebearer

Would have rather have seen some sort of 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 asymmetric alien type vs human gameplay.

There's a lot more potential in that model than there is in this 4 vs 1 crap.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
61. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 16:41 grudgebearer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 16:12:
What concern is my mental health to you? I'm more concerned about you being an asshole.

Thanks for proving my point. Start the meds now, that way the landing won't be so hard.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
55. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 12:16 grudgebearer

{PH}88fingers wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 11:59:

hahah why do you care how much time he spends reading about Star Citizen? I also have had a great time following the project and am enjoying the ride.
Once the game ships, if it sucks and I end up playing the game half the amount of time I spent reading about the making of it, does that somehow rewind the clock in space/time and make the past following the game less enjoyable? Does the amount some people have as expendable/hobby cash make you jealous because clearly some people are wealthy.
The more money wealthy people put into Star Citizen as well as just growing the amount of backers, stands to make the game that much better. As I said earlier, obviously there has to be some trust in the developers involved.

Wut?

I don't care how much time he spends, he's the one who said "I love watching all the behind-the-scenes videos, browsing the forums and seeing the game take shape" coupled that with the fact that he's in every thread here defending it...

I wouldn't spend that much time on a game, but he obviously wants to. I was just pointing out that his physical/emotional investment in this game is going to be detrimental to his health if it doesn't pan out.

You can spin the utterly ridiculous amounts of money some backers are putting into this game, any way you need to if it helps you sleep at night, but the reality is that spending exorbitant amounts or real money on virtual items in Star Citizen, is just as retarded as the $1,000.00+ bills in Clash of Clans.

- Harlon Nayl

266 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo