Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for grudgebearer

Real Name grudgebearer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname grudgebearer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ET-JUNKIE
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2003, 17:07
Total Comments 227 (Novice)
User ID 17580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance
14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 4, 2014, 12:51 grudgebearer

Tumbler wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:20:
Spent 2 hours on it. It's not bad for $10. It's easy to play with kids running around because each match ends very quickly.

You get more control of the units as you get further in the game. The assault troops for example allow you to use jump jets to jump across lanes but only after u get that upgrade. In the beginning they are just a melee unit that moves forward a little quicker.

The standard marine can fire at adjacent lanes which is their "thing". You get grenades for them as well and a charge ability that lets you stun other units. (usually melee)

I upgraded to the dreadnaught early but it doesn't stay very long, it seems to have a certain amount of energy and when you use it all it just shuts down and drops into the floor.

Terminators are dlc which sucks. For the marines you can deploy tactical marines, assault, and devestator. You can also get bikes, dreadnaughts and a variety of other hq powers. There are also 2 other campaigns to purchase as dlc which look like ork campaigns.

I'm guessing they'll add in all the other marine chapters (at least the majors) and maybe some additional races.

I haven't been able to find a MP game yet...prob not a great sign.

There's no way in hell I'd pay $10 bucks for a plants vs zombies clone with $.99-$2.99 DLC for units on my iPad much less on my pc.

Fucking hate that GW gives their IP over to devs like these.

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Announced
2. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Announced Mar 27, 2014, 10:10 grudgebearer

Judging from what Focus Home Interactive has done in the past...this game should be completely awesome.  

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
130. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 09:17 grudgebearer

Facebook offers the Walmart experience of gaming
-John Carmack, June 29th 2011

My respect for Carmack has been waning for years...him working for Facebook just sort of kills it off.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview
16. Re: Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview Feb 11, 2014, 12:31 grudgebearer

This looks interesting, but I'm still looking for a replacement for L4D2. I'd love a 4 on 4 running battle through derelict starships and planetary outposts without zombies...

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2014, 14:36.

- Harlon Nayl

10. Re: Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview Feb 11, 2014, 10:45 grudgebearer

I wonder how the map rotation is going to work with 4 vs 1. Are there going to be multiple different giant monsters to choose from, or do the players chase the same giant monster on different maps?

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2014, 10:56.

- Harlon Nayl

6. Re: Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview Feb 11, 2014, 10:27 grudgebearer

Wow..wonder how much they paid Phil Robertson to use his likeness. Those Duck Dynasty mofos are everywhere.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
19. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 12:50 grudgebearer

Tumbler wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:47:
I won't be that upset if they miss the end of march april deadline either, I just want them to put out an outstanding product

I wonder if you will feel the same in January of 2015 if they don't get around to releasing the dogfight module this calendar year, because so far, they've really shown no reason for anyone to believe that they are capable or making a deadline

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2014, 13:10.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
17. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 12:46 grudgebearer

If they ever actually stop adding stretch goals, and actual release a game they better not cut or modify a single feature. Because if they do, the people who are pumping money into this scheme are going to go apeshit and murder their families when the disappointment sets in.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Announced
1. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Announced Jan 22, 2014, 12:37 grudgebearer

Sounds interesting, looks decent...but Cyanide's reputation is pretty poor so I don't expect much.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > DayZ Early Access
33. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 16, 2013, 19:42 grudgebearer

RamataKahn wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 19:12:
grudgebearer wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 19:07:
Why in all holy hell does anyone want to pay a company to alpha/beta test their game?

No one is.

I guess I must be misunderstanding the part where you pay the devs to play an unfinished game and participate "in the ongoing development cycle."

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > DayZ Early Access
27. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 16, 2013, 19:07 grudgebearer

Why in all holy hell does anyone want to pay a company to alpha/beta test their game?  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer
9. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer Dec 1, 2013, 10:45 grudgebearer

I think GW is afraid that making good video games will take away from their tabletop sales, but they know that fans want video games. So, they churn out shit, hoping that fans will buy it and it will sate their desire for 40k games.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Timelines: Assault On America Trailer
2. Re: Timelines: Assault On America Trailer Sep 5, 2013, 12:23 grudgebearer

Texture wrapped cubes for buildings...

Two tanks basically driving around destroying everything in their path...

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch
11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch Aug 23, 2013, 11:09 grudgebearer

Bill Borre

I can't get into the trial. I have a Guild Wars account and I clicked the option to link Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, but it says only one account per email address is allowed and I just have one email. After downloading the client when I try to launch the game it demands a serial authorization code that, as far as I can tell, can only be acquired by purchasing the game. I sent customer service an email complaining about the how they have got their free trial set up, but I don't know if they will help me access the game before the weekend is up.

This situation is really stupid. What they should have done is disable the serial authorization code check for this weekend or simply put a free trial log in button on the launcher which would automatically log you in this weekend.

Any advice?

I have the same problem, if you get an answer, please post it.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
11. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 16:30 grudgebearer

Your exit can't come soon enough.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound
11. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 10:47 grudgebearer

I was a backer from day 1, but still haven't gotten my key yet, and a coworker who had just preordered his a few weeks ago has already gotten the key.

That irks me.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced
22. Re: New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced Jun 12, 2013, 21:27 grudgebearer

For fuck's sake, I think Games Workshop actually goes out and finds the most inept developer possible to give their IPs to...

The original Dawn of War was the last really good 40k game, even though I enjoyed some aspects of the sequel, and a bit of Space Marine...neither really came close to what relic did in the first DOW.

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced
8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 07:14 grudgebearer

InBlack wrote on May 22, 2013, 03:03:
Well despite the negativity Im excited for this game, iOS games dont need to be dumbed down, in fact turn based strategy games are perfect for the platform. First a remake of Space Hulk and now this. Sure it might end up crap, but Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

You really want this, reskinned for 40k?

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 21, 2013, 23:51 grudgebearer

Given Slitherine's current catalog, I am confident in saying that this game will be an unmitigated disaster.  

- Harlon Nayl

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Trailer
1. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 11:46 grudgebearer

Meh...

Never really to into the "MOBA" genre...this video doesn't make me want to jump into it...

- Harlon Nayl

227 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo