Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2671 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Colts Nov 7, 2005, 23:57 WarPig

The Colts are looking pretty scary, huh?

I think there might be some old ex-Miami Dolphin players getting a little nervous right about now.

-------------------------------------------------------
I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Caveman the best. We called him Uncle Caveman because he lived in a cave, and because sometimes he'd eat one of us. Later on, we found out he was a bear.
This comment was edited on Nov 7, 23:57.

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
52. Re: News of the day Nov 7, 2005, 23:13 WarPig

and my gripe with flat tax is not for the filthy rich, but the ‘better than average’ rich

From what I can see, the 'better than average' rich might love a flat tax - of course this all depends heavily on what you consider better than average rich and what the flat tax number would be.

Anyway, here is how it broke down last year...

income / tax percentage

$3500 / 10%
$7000 / 10%
$35,000 / 15.7%
$75,000 / 20.9%
$100,000 / 22.6%
Over $319,000 / 35% minus $19,092.50

And yes I know this doesn't account for tax loopholes.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040tt.pdf

I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Caveman the best. We called him Uncle Caveman because he lived in a cave, and because sometimes he'd eat one of us. Later on, we found out he was a bear.

GO SEAHAWKS!

46. Re: News of the day Nov 7, 2005, 21:31 WarPig

Yep. One of societies most prevalent hypocrisies: hating the rich while wanting more than anything to be rich.

Edit: Not a response to Batman.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 21:32.

GO SEAHAWKS!

38. Re: *sigh* Nov 7, 2005, 19:43 WarPig

Zathura and Heather, sorry to hear about all the bad news, that really sucks.

Yo Bats! You get the UK edition of Q4, also?

So that's why it took so long!

GO SEAHAWKS!

37. Book of the month. Nov 7, 2005, 19:35 WarPig

For only $21.99 you can now own you-know-who's special brand of insanity in book form!

http://www.lulu.com/Happehs-House

And just in time for the holidays!

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 19:35.

GO SEAHAWKS!

36. Re: Giants Nov 7, 2005, 19:27 WarPig

Did I mention we're down to one barely healthy runner now? A shame too, since Pass looked so good last weekend....right up until he apparently tore a hammy. Blah.

This one's for all the Patriot & Packer fans out there...

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/uclickcomics/20051105/cx_bl_uc/bl20051105

Edit: Oh, and if the Colts win tonight and the total score is under 48 I win 102 smackerino's! (would have picked them all right if it weren't for those meddling Vikings)

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 19:30.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. No subject Nov 6, 2005, 13:10 WarPig

We have the Niners today, a trap if there ever was one... I hope they are feeling wary.

I think the Niners beating the Bucs last week will help the Giants focus this week.

GO SEAHAWKS!

13. Re: Holy shit Nov 6, 2005, 00:22 WarPig

Really? Why? So ESPN and everyone and their sister can talk and whine and complain and write and complain and whine and bitch and moan and write and complain and groan and moan and bitch and whine and write and do interviews and complain about it some more?

Now you're getting it! Why should gamers have all the fun?

GO SEAHAWKS!

11. Re: Holy shit Nov 5, 2005, 22:58 WarPig

On the plus side, with only USC, Texas and Alabama undefeated, at least we'll be rid of all the BCS bullshit -Tech should be #2, no USC should be no 2, no Texas should be no 2- for another year. Which is a serious plus.

I want to see as many undefeated teams as possible. If it comes down to an easy no-brainer between USC and Texas then the BCS supporters will say, "see, the system works". What's needed is as much controversy as possible. I still don't see one good argument against one extra championship game. Use the existing bowl games to pit 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3 and then have a national championship game during the off week before the Super Bowl. It'd be a huge money maker.

Btw, is anyone else looking at tomorrow's games as "Meh, whatever" and just focussing on Monday? Has to be one of the biggest regular season games in a long time.

Yeah, pretty weak. I guess if Griese hadn't gotten hurt the Tampa / Carolina game would have been pretty big. I guess it still is as far as control of the conference goes.

GO SEAHAWKS!

38. Re: Help, please! Nov 4, 2005, 21:15 WarPig

We decided it is time to find a new place to shoot! As it could get spendy if you have some crap ammo that jams or the clays break coming out of the machine. Had to pay for those!

Back when I was a lad we could find all sorts of places to shoot around here, but not anymore. When I was growing up one of my best friend's sister had a house on a river and her husband cut slots in their deck to mount the clay pigeon thrower to. Then we could shoot out over the river - that was cool.

Haven't shot clays for years. Traded my Baretta over/under for a paper graph sonar unit and cash. That was a great gun.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: Quake Maps Nov 4, 2005, 21:03 WarPig

Ok that's right, thanks Z. That was a great map, as a matter of fact I tried to port that one over to UT but found mapping too much like work so I never finished it.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Quake Maps Nov 4, 2005, 15:20 WarPig

remake Spill the Blood exactly how it used to be
Best. CTF. Map. EVAR.

I know the name and I know I played it a thousand times but I can't for the life of me remember the map right now.

The classic map that always pops into my mind is McKinley. I wonder if letting loose with a lightning gun in the water will still fry everyone. Although I hated when guys did that.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > TrackMania Sunrise eXtreme Demo
8. Re: BEFORE OF STARFORCE Nov 4, 2005, 15:11 WarPig

My PC is infected with it for several years now..and nothing ever happened

Since buying TM Sunrise my computer is obviously "infected" also and so far I don't know what bad things I'm supposed to be looking for... although I seem to remember fighting it years ago on my Win98 machine. I just can't remember what it did to piss me off then.

Perhaps it's not as bad as it used to be.

Regardless, I've got to get back into the game, it's really fun.

GO SEAHAWKS!

43. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2005, 00:53 WarPig

Argh, I finally get to watch them, and they lose. And they *should* have won. Double argh ....

Yeah, although I'm not sure I agree that they should have won - couldn't make a free throw, couldn't rebound, couldn't take care of the ball... oh well, it's just one game, right?

Man, when that ET lookin' mofo Cassell gets on a roll he gets on a freakin' roll.

GO SEAHAWKS!

41. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2005, 00:08 WarPig

but I wish I didn't watch the Kings get pounded yesterday. Ugh.

Well, last year the Sonics lost to the Clippers by 30 opening night and look at the year they had.

We're looking mighty sloppy tonight...

GO SEAHAWKS!

38. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2005, 22:12 WarPig

Hey banddirector, I don't know if it's just an opening night thing or a mistake but I'm actually getting the Sonics game right now on FSNW. Are you? I didn't hear anything about it but are we going to finally get to see them this year?

GO SEAHAWKS!

37. Re: Pop Tarts Nov 2, 2005, 22:09 WarPig

Brian Regan had a half hour stand-up routine that used to show on Comedy Central every now and then that would just kill me. I'm pretty sure it included the donut lady bit.

Doesn't he have a brother who's also a pretty decent stand-up?

GO SEAHAWKS!

25. Re: Touching Eyes Freak Me Out Oct 29, 2005, 18:12 WarPig

I get totally creeped out by eye-touching. I tried to overcome this fear and use contacts but after several hours of trying (and feeling nausceous) I gave up.

I have a buddy who used to get freaked out just by having something sharp, like a pecil, pointed towards his eye from across the room. So of course this had to happen at least once every time we were together:

Me, pointing sharp object: "Hey Alan, check out this out."
Alan, looking up: "Asshole!"
Me: "Heheheheheheheheheh"

And he's now worn contacts for at least 20 years now - so there's still hope for you yet kanniball!

GO SEAHAWKS!

22. Re: Celebrity look alike Oct 29, 2005, 18:00 WarPig

Holy crap, it's my old Q2CTF clanmate, Mousegunner, known then as Kaos[doh]! How's life at the Nuke plant?

One more question: is the old [doh] mailing list still active? After I switched email addresses I never saw another message (although it was getting pretty slow anyway). With Quake 4 out I couldn't help but think of the ol' Bitchslap server. Good times!

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Sony's Free MMORPG Plans
7. Re: Confirmation that the GW model Oct 29, 2005, 15:26 WarPig

I don't know anything about MMORPG type games but it seems to me that this is a pretty insidious plan. I can see paying for levels, but weapons? When playing a game and coming across someone with more power or skill than you it should mean that the player has simply spent more time honing his skill (ignoring cheating). It shouldn't mean that he simply paid more money than you.

So, GW works like this already?

GO SEAHAWKS!

2671 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo