Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2668 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. whoooo boy Mar 4, 2008, 20:51 WarPig

I am the stupidest man...

ALIVE

For those who didn't see, in yesterdays ITTB I went through all the reasons why my mobo must be dying, listing my thorough troubleshooting steps. Riiiight.

Well, today I got home from work and decided that I'd better clean up the mess I'd made yesterday. As I picked up my old video card to put it away I noticed that it simply said "Radeon" on the cover. Not "Saphire Radeon" like the one I'd bought 4 years ago. So yes, I put the old card back into the computer. What a moron.

What had happened was I saw that the used card I'd just got on ebay was full of dust so I vacuumed it out. While I was at it I vacuumed out my old card and since they're identical except for that one label... doh!

Anyway, the good news is that is was the card and not the mobo. The bad news is that I was getting excited about putting together the new system. Oh well, I need a new fridge, stove, dryer, and the house needs to be painted, so the money needs to go elsewhere right now.

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Help! Mar 4, 2008, 00:24 WarPig

BTW - - you missed another chance. Had the Pep Band at Richland HS for the 3A BB regionals. I should've given you a heads up.

I could've used it... been running low on pep lately.

GO SEAHAWKS!

8. Re: Help! Mar 4, 2008, 00:14 WarPig

That should about cover it.

Ok, I'm finally getting excited about the whole project. What the hell, I've been working overtime since August.

GO SEAHAWKS!

5. Re: Help! Mar 3, 2008, 23:16 WarPig

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure it's the mobo too but I wanted to run it past you guys just in case I missed something obvious.

Like you said nin, being forced to upgrade isn't pissing me off all that much. It's just that I kind of wanted to pass this computer on to my Mom - up until now it's been rock solid. I guess I can always try buying a new mobo for it. I wonder if I were to find an exact replacement on ebay if this install of Windows XP will give me a hard time.

So, I guess it's time to visit Sharky Extreme and see what they recommend for their high end gaming system which is what I did for this rig. I really haven't been keeping up with the latest and greatest.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Help! Mar 3, 2008, 22:18 WarPig

Hey guys, unless one of you computer smart types has any suggestions it looks like it's time for a new computer. Since last Monday I've been getting severe video issues (as a matter of fact, I can barely make out what I'm typing right now). It looks like constantly shifting lines and dots that are sometimes so bad that no text is readable but can sometimes be "swept away" by dragging the mouse pointer or a smaller window over the area I'm trying to read.

Also, whenever I use the mouse wheel to scroll with hardware acceleration turned on the image refreshes like a freakin' slide show (even games like Freecell slow down graphic wise).

Anyway, it's an ATI Radeon 9800XT hooked up to an AGP slot. So far here's what I've tried:

Different monitor and cable (hooked up my old CRT).
Switch between analog and digital cable.
Roll back driver.
Install new driver.
Play with hardware acceleration settings.
Try every setting in Catalyst Control Center.
Uninstall Catalyst Control Center.
Reinstall Catalyst Control Center.

And finally I bought a used 9800XT on ebay, installed it after work today, and it's doing the same thing. According to CCC it's not running hot and neither is my computer. My 12 volt bus is running a little low - 11.9 - but other than that the power supply looks stable.

So, any ideas? I'm wondering if it's the AGP portion on my motherboard.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. No subject Feb 3, 2008, 22:24 WarPig

Hell of a game! Congrats to the Giants and all their fans. I was sure rooting hard for them to win.

I wonder if Belichick is second guessing himself yet about going for it on fourth down instead of trying the 49 yard field goal in the first half. I sure know the fans and press will be shortly!

I knew the Pats were in trouble when they showed Brady's famous girlfriend watching from the skybox... didn't Romo and Jessica Simpson teach them anything?

GO SEAHAWKS!

14. No subject Feb 3, 2008, 18:32 WarPig

Go Giants!

I think they might get blown out but c'mon, prove me wrong!

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: Deep thoughts Jan 26, 2008, 20:59 WarPig

While the drive home was interesting, I think the worst part was trying to keep my feet under me as chiseled the ice off the Jeep.

At one point I take a left turn at a stoplight which stays green for a good 45 seconds or so. Normally I get into the intersection so I can still turn left once the light changes if traffic is too heavy. This time though I figured it might be best to stay back. So what happens is the mini-van coming towards me can barely get moving forward (on flat ground), so a total of two vehicles ended up getting through before the light changes. Needless to say, I pulled into the intersection on the next time through.

It's supposed to get above freezing tomorrow, so as long as it doesn't stick around it's no big deal. Plus I realize it's nothing like what nin went through (knock on wood).

GO SEAHAWKS!
This comment was edited on Jan 26, 21:00.

GO SEAHAWKS!

5. Deep thoughts Jan 26, 2008, 20:11 WarPig

While driving home from work today I had an epiphany, and it went something like this:

When it's 20 degrees outside and has been raining, not snowing, but raining, for the last couple hours... it's not so much a good thing, it's more like, oh I don't know... a bad thing. Yes that's it, much less warm cuddly goodness than, say, slick nasty badness.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: Unsuccessful robber shoots self in f Jan 24, 2008, 09:04 WarPig

charges that include attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and possession of a weapon of mass destruction. Police said the handgun had been altered to fire .410 shotgun shells.

So is the whole ridiculous WoMD classification because of the gun's modification? While I obviously wouldn't want to be shot by anything, I wouldn't think a .410 shell fired from a pistol would have very much stopping power at all - unless it's a .410 slug - and what would be the point of that when it's supposed to shoot a .45 "slug" pre-modification. A .410 holds very little shot and the dispersal pattern coming from a pistol would be huge. I'd think a .22 pistol would be more lethal.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: Giants Jan 20, 2008, 22:14 WarPig

Congrats to the Giants, Patriots, and all their fans... I hate you all!

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Hellgate: London - Stonehenge Nears
26. Re: no Subject. Jan 18, 2008, 19:50 WarPig

...not working on there computers.

Where computers?

There.

What?

There, computer. There, castle.

Why are you talking that way?

I thought you wanted to.

No, I don't want to.

Suit yourself. I'm easy.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Cloverfield Jan 15, 2008, 21:03 WarPig

So what do you guys think? No early reviews yet - maybe just to keep the hype going, hopefully not because they're afraid of bad reviews. I've been checking Rotten Tomatoes every day so I have to admit the hype has got me really, really curious.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: Football Jan 13, 2008, 23:36 WarPig

Way to go Giants! Your little Eli is growing up before our eyes. The team's showing a lot of heart. Now I'm not so sure who I'll be rooting for next week. I'm not sure how much it matters anyway, the Pats are pretty unbelievable.

QFMFT

I had to look that one up.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Football Jan 13, 2008, 16:26 WarPig

I was rooting for the Colts, but wow, what a great game!

Also, go Giants! Not because I'm a Giants fan, but I do hate the Cowboys and I'd also like to see the Packers go to the Superbowl which would be easier if they could play at home next week.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Re: Suckage Jan 12, 2008, 19:51 WarPig

Yeah, I wasn't exactly confident that the Seahawks would win but I sure didn't expect them to look that bad.

Oh well, overall it was a good season.

I guess it's time for a new sig...

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

12. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2008, 20:12 WarPig

wow - fired up Peggle - I guess I am the only one that thinks it is major stupid.

Yeah, but I've found that I've increased my score every time over the four or so times that I've played through it, so I'm finding out that there's more skill involved than I first thought there was. Like when you have four pegs to hit with one ball left and are able to get enough free balls to finish out the level.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

11. Re: Wildcard Jan 5, 2008, 20:04 WarPig

WoooHooo, way to go Seahawks!

I believe Washington, Jacksonville, New York, and San Diego are going to win.

Oh well Cutter, maybe you can go 3-4.

I guess I can't say anything without my own predictions - Seattle (really, I would have picked them!), Jacksonville, Tampa, and San Diego. Although the only one that I would bet on would be the Chargers.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

4. Tonight's game Dec 29, 2007, 20:29 WarPig

For reasons I don't even understand I kind of find myself rooting for the Patriots to keep winning, and unless they face my Seahawks in the big game I'm not sure when I'll quit. Maybe its just the aftermath of having Brady and Welker on my fantasy team this year but what I really think it is is the opportunity to see history happen.

I mean there are so many reasons to root against the Pats, from video-gate to the undeniable jealousy I feel towards any sports fan with the overwhelming good fortune to be born in the New England area. Are you kidding me? The Red Sox, Patriots, and now even the Celtics are dominate. Give me a break, as a lifetime Seattle area sports fan I can't even imagine what that would be like.

If the Pats do win out I do know I'll be happy not to ever again have to hear about all the smug ex-Dolphins "popping the cork" as they root for others to lose. That would be nice. Although if it comes down to the Colts going to New England with a chance to turn the tables on the Pats... that would be cool too.

Touchdown Giants, well alright! Here's hoping for a good game.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

5. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2007, 20:17 WarPig

Here's a good holiday controversy:

Miracle Whip = teh sux

Real Mayo = Woot!

Don't be such a condiment bigot. Both have their place in the wide wild world of sandwich construction. Miracle Whip mixed with Beaver's Sweet Hot Mustard is quite yummy.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

2668 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo