Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2668 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Killer Dachshund Jul 6, 2008, 18:30 WarPig

My wife is a medical professional who works for the VA. She had a patient who had the exact same thing happen to him, except that his dog chewed off two of his toes, not one. There was no question of having the dog put to death because of this -- all he had to do was wear a protective sock in bed.

Well, that information changes my thought that maybe there was reason, although one I didn't know of, to euthanize the dog. I always try to give the benefit of the doubt when I don't know all the facts. It's obvious that this is something that does happen and the professionals involved should have known about it.

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Killer Dachshund Jul 6, 2008, 14:32 WarPig

Euthanized?

Well yeah! You know the old saying, once a miniature dachshund tastes blood...

Seriously though, that's pretty creepy. I have to wonder whether or not the dog understood that the toe was actually attached (since the owner didn't wake up) or maybe just thought it was a new flavor of Snausages.

Whether or not the dog had to be put down probably depends on more information than we have. If it was a sweet dog and this whole episode came out of the blue (no pun intended) then I think it was a bad move without further observation. But if the dog was always an overaggressive biter, and they can be, then yeah - you can't take the chance.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 14:32.

GO SEAHAWKS!

15. Re: It's XP day. Jun 30, 2008, 14:28 WarPig

I ordered mine last night. $140 @ Newegg. Good to point it out, though...

I hope I never have to use it, but just in case...2-3 years from now...

Same here. Didn't it used to be that a person had to buy a cable or something else when buying an OEM version?

Also, I'd imagine that if you didn't think you were going to use it you would be able to at least get your money back on Ebay any time next year.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. It's XP day. Jun 30, 2008, 13:16 WarPig

If anyone's planning on building a new computer over the next couple years and don't want Vista, today is officially the last day Microsoft is shipping copies to retailers. I'd imagine that XP will remain in stock for awhile, maybe a long while, who knows - but after that we're SOL.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. No subject Jun 20, 2008, 16:28 WarPig

It seems like it's been summer for some time now, as I heard many references to it being summer all through the spring, perhaps because it's been so darned hot.

Boy, that sure wasn't the case here in the Northwest. I think this last week was the only extended decent stretch of weather we've had since last fall. It's beautiful today though and I'm off early from work - think I'll take a nap.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: No subject Jun 17, 2008, 00:24 WarPig

Winton's most recent projects included "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," "G.I. Joe," "Shutter Island" and Cameron's "Avatar."

First of all, RIP Mr. Winston. Truly a great artist.

Secondly, and much less importantly... I read "Shutter Island" and if done right this could be a great movie - watch for this one.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. No subject Jun 9, 2008, 22:49 WarPig

Those were tomatoes?

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. No subject Jun 8, 2008, 23:40 WarPig

I never was a comic book reader but still really enjoyed the first two movies of both Spiderman and X-men (haven't seen the last version of either). Those and Batman Begins were great but perhaps my favorite of all of them was Hellboy, maybe because I wasn't expecting much.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Re: Towlie May 25, 2008, 22:05 WarPig

Cartman: "You're the worst character ever Towelie."

Towelie: "I know."

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 22:06 WarPig

I'm on a roll. today I dremeled 80 years worth of crud from a couple of metal collars from around the bases of radiator pipes. I'm guessing there are filthier chores to be found around the house, but I don't even like imagining what they would be.

This morning I snaked out the pipes beneath my kitchen sink which had been backing up on and off for the past year or so. That was pretty nasty.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Metaverse
5. Re: Senators OK $1 Billion for Online C May 18, 2008, 11:49 WarPig

Shit, we all know that paedophilia is a mental disease, not a criminal one. No adult in their right mind finds kids hot. You need to be seriously fucked up for that to be the case. These people need serious mental help, not jail terms. Put them in prison, don't treat them and they;ll still walk out fucked up.

Holy shit, are you serious? Sure, someone who finds kids hot has "issues", but that doesn't excuse them from fucking raping them. There are a lot of girls I find hot but the difference is - and pay attention, this is important - I don't rape them! Because, you know, that would be wrong. You know? Right and wrong?

Jesus Christ, all murderers and rapists need mental help and many of them had god-awful childhoods that would have mindfucked any of us, but while I feel horrible for the child they were, the adult they've become needs to be removed from the general public. If they can be helped while there, great, but until then they need to be kept away from their potential victims.

Edit: Just to be clear - when I said "girls", I didn't mean kids! (We've got a receptionist at work who, well, I could be older than her dad... but holy GAWD!)

This comment was edited on May 18, 14:48.

GO SEAHAWKS!

25. Re: GTA May 8, 2008, 20:38 WarPig

You guys are KILLING me! I don't have an 360 or PS3 and I don't really want to buy one for basically just one game... but damn, I loves me some GTA.

I guess I will be getting my economy stimulus check from the gov'ment pretty soon. Maybe I'll have to go ahead and get one, for the economy of course.

One thing though, I heard a rumor that the 360 may come out with a Blueray option this fall. That I'd wait for. That's the thing, I know nothing about consoles except for headlines on this site and comments about how certain models overheat and make sure you buy this but not that. So when the time comes I'll probably come begging for advice.

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: No subject May 8, 2008, 10:03 WarPig

It shows the comic for a second, then loads in all that other bullshit, blanks the comic out and replaces it with "loading strip...". What a load of horseshit.

The developer says he knows that the new site is way too clunky right now and has offered the following site for people who don't want all the new "features":

http://www.dilbert.com/fast

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. No subject May 8, 2008, 00:34 WarPig

Wow, those lightning storm photos are amazing.

GO SEAHAWKS!

4. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 23:56 WarPig

Yeah, my best friend's dad died on my birthday (Sunday night) and services are Thursday morning

Exact same thing for me, best friend's dad. The weird thing is I knew my friend's dad longer than I knew him. He was my elementary school music teacher.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. No subject May 6, 2008, 23:17 WarPig

Hey Banddirector, I'm typing this message from a motel in your beautiful city of Wenatchee. I'm working on a job at ConAgra in Quincy and we've spent the last couple nights here. I haven't been in Wenatchee in well over 20 years and forgot what a cool city it is. Too bad I don't really have time to do anything but work, eat, and sleep (and drink). Last night we went to the "Roaster and Ale House" - not bad, lots of micro-brews on tap. Unfortunately I have to get back home after work tomorrow for a funeral - not looking forward to that.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. Re: Isaiah Thomas... Apr 20, 2008, 15:03 WarPig

Biggest backstabber the league's ever seen.

As a now ex-Sonics fan I'm going to have to go with David Stern as the biggest backstabber in the league. Remember, as bad as it's been for the Knicks, and I know it's been bad, at least you still have a team.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. March? Mar 31, 2008, 21:54 WarPig

Yeah, it was snowing at the Mariners opener today and it hardly even snows during the dead of winter in Seattle.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. No subject Mar 28, 2008, 08:40 WarPig

So as long as we're going retro...

FIRST POST!!!!!!!1111

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Monster Cable Mar 4, 2008, 21:16 WarPig

Of course a coat hanger would sound good, a coat hanger would probably equal a short run of 10 gauge wire. Kind of hard to run coat hangers back to your surround speakers though.

This isn't an endorsement for Monster Cable, just an endorsement for properly sized wire (especially over distance) and good quality plugs with well soldered connections. Hell, 10 gauge wire is rated for 30 amps - that's a lot of power.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2668 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo