Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2668 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Upgrade Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 WarPig

I ordered a VisionTek ATI HD 4870 and what a nightmare.

Sorry to hear that. Yesterday I ordered a Gigabyte 4870 along with the rest of a new system. I was selfishly wondering if you think your card's problems are a VisionTek thing or an ATI problem?

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA 4 PC Specs
61. No subject Sep 13, 2008, 22:58 WarPig

In order for PC gaming to thrive, it needs AAA exclusives. It needs games that people really want to play and are willing to upgrade their systems to do so.

Funny you said that because I've been waiting for an excuse to upgrade my 4.5 year old PC, and not being able to play GTA4 has me looking through my old PC hardware bookmarks.

GO SEAHAWKS!

24. Re: Gordon Freeman spotted near Large Hadron Sep 10, 2008, 17:14 WarPig

The guy in front of him is holding what looks like a crowbar! AWEsome!

Actually it's a torque wrench... wtf he's doing with one at this point is what I'm wondering. "Should this really be this loose? Hey, who the hell forgot to spec out lockwashers on this shi...."

BOOM

It'd still do a number on a headcrab though.

GO SEAHAWKS!

6. Re: Viva Le Football! Sep 7, 2008, 20:33 WarPig

And my beloved Seahawks totally sucked big schweaty balls today.

They sure did.

To tell you the truth, I picked against them in my football pool this week, mainly because I didn't think there was any way Hasselbeck, who basically missed the pre-season, would be sharp throwing to backup receivers. Plus the fact that we usually suck on the east coast.

What I didn't expect was seeing our offensive line pushed around like a toy shopping cart. While I think the Bills might be better than many people think, they're not that good.

This makes me very worried. Good thing we're in a crappy division.

GO SEAHAWKS!

3. Re: Time to upgrade my system... Aug 19, 2008, 08:46 WarPig

I find this guide as good as any for putting together a machine:

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/MHGSBG/article.php/3758021

It doesn't address future tech coming out but there will always be something.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 08:47.

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Bigfoot Aug 17, 2008, 20:45 WarPig

Ok, so it isn't a Bigfoot - so still, what's going on? Are those two guys packing around a human body?

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Gay Homosexual Aug 17, 2008, 15:59 WarPig

"It means a lot to me," the 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it, because now I know I have it in me."

That's hilarious!

Silly Christians.

GO SEAHAWKS!

28. Re: AVG Aug 17, 2008, 13:35 WarPig

I just ran an AVG update and it seems to be working now.

GO SEAHAWKS!

19. Re: AVG Aug 16, 2008, 19:10 WarPig

Anyone here using AVG 8.0, the free version. It seems a ton of people suddenly get an error message that says "A .bin file is missing." Anyone have that problem?

Yeah, mine is saying the same thing. I was hoping it was just a temporary thing since it looks like my power blinked out this morning while I was out and my computer rebooted on its own.

GO SEAHAWKS!

5. Re: Science Test Aug 14, 2008, 08:52 WarPig

And did I miss it when they apparently dropped the word "theory" from the big bang theory? Being "pretty ding-dang sure" still doesn't make something a scientific fact.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Funeral for an aquaintance Aug 12, 2008, 23:00 WarPig

I went to a funeral today for a guy, Ron, that I worked with nearly 20 years ago and got along with but never really knew that well. I did work with his son recently so I thought it would be a good idea to go. Anyway, the pastor, who I'm pretty sure had never met Ron, said what I thought was the strangest thing.

After a lengthy slide show where I only knew Ron and his son in any of the pictures the pastor asked the standing room crowd, "how many people here saw themselves in any of the pictures?" Quite a few people raised their hands. He then asked how many people had been up to Ron's cabin (which he retired to and was featured in many of the pictures) and again a lot of people raised their hands. To this the pastor said, "anyone who didn't raise their hand probably shouldn't be here."

WTF?

I don't know if he was trying to be funny or what, but I'll bet I wasn't the only person there who briefly considered walking out (which would have been a terrible thing to do). Very weird thing to say if you ask me.

GO SEAHAWKS!

6. Re: Perseid meteor shower Aug 12, 2008, 08:45 WarPig

I'm in Australia, it's Tuesday night, over to you.

Ok, let me try to explain by quoting George.

"Tonight's forecast... dark. Continued mostly dark tonight turning to widely scattered light in the morning."

GO SEAHAWKS!

14. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2008, 15:36 WarPig

For the most part, anything that is judged (gymnastics, synchonized swimming, diving, etc.) is fun to watch, but I have a hard time getting too into them, as I think the scoring is often "wrong" compared to what I see as who does the "best".

I agree 100%. Even boxing loses something for me when it goes to the judges and everything becomes subjective. Granted, a lot of sports have moments in them when a subjective call like interference in football or charging in basketball affects the outcome, but when the winner and loser is pretty much strictly subjective I have a hard time watching it as a true sport.

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: Fireworks Aug 11, 2008, 11:39 WarPig

I've never been that into the Olympics either but I have to admit that there were things in the opening ceremonies that literally had to be seen to be believed. More than once I thought to myself, "what the hell am I seeing here... oh my God, how the hell are they doing that"! It turns out that $300 million dollars and a couple thousand unpaid performer drilled for months can achieve wonderful things - who knew?

Of course NBC tried its best to ruin every thing by having commercials every five minutes, screwing up camera angles, and having Bob Costas (who I normally like) yammer over everything constantly. They did have an "expert" on Chinese culture comment on the underlying meaning of what was going on and that was sometimes interesting.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Question Aug 3, 2008, 11:18 WarPig

Hey guys, I have a question that some of you may have experience with. We have a laptop at work that came with Vista and I need to replace it with XP. Are there any suggestions that anyone can give me that will make this go as smoothly as possible?

Thanks.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2008, 00:10 WarPig

Very cool, though!

Oh yeah, very cool! I can only imagine how impressive that would have been to me when I was ten years old.

I still like "Ebert & Roeper at the Movies" - even without Ebert (who I still read). It's too bad Disney wants to change a good show, especially since there really aren't any shows like it on TV right now.

And Savage, whoever the fuck you are... I'm lucky enough to live in an area where that douche bag isn't on the radio... anyway, do us all a favor and have yourself a nice blood clot to the brain. Have yourself a nice little stroke on air, thanks.

Ok that might be a little harsh, barely, but WTF? Hopefully Bronco never even catches wind of this. I can only imagine how pissed that would make me while raising a son with Autism.

GO SEAHAWKS!

3. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2008, 00:13 WarPig

Goddamn, that Watchmen trailer looks fantastic on a big screen.

As someone who has no idea who or what "Watchmen" is, I can say that the trailer is definitely aimed at fans of the comic book graphic novel. Although it looked cool I still have no idea what the hell anything meant or what the movie is about. Since the movie is so far out it's probably smart to get the core fans excited now and then grab the rest of us later anyway.

GO SEAHAWKS!

16. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2008, 20:02 WarPig

...profiting even indirectly from someone's death just isnt right....

Like when I was 16 and applied for a job after the kid who had it before died in a traffic accident? True story.

Ok, it wasn't like I went in the next day; I probably waited a couple weeks AND my best friend already worked there AND I had already been considering applying for a job but I still felt very weird about it. I just made sure it looked like I didn't know anything about why they needed the position filled. It turned out to be a shitty job anyway.

GO SEAHAWKS!

15. Re: Spoilers? Jul 18, 2008, 19:55 WarPig

Darth Vader IS Batman's Father....

He was already dead through the entire movie...

... and it turns out he was Keyser Soze all along!

GO SEAHAWKS!

4. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2008, 00:32 WarPig

bad news for my bones "downsizing" - osteopenia verified this morning

Sorry to hear that Dan.

So now what? Is there anything you can do about it?

GO SEAHAWKS!

2668 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo