Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2670 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2013, 22:26 WarPig

Well, I pulled out a 13-2 going into SNF -- with 100% of the league on Philly, that game is meaningless. Hopefully, a 13-2 is enough to get me the regular season win..

Sorry to hear that because I'm pretty sure I went 13-2 also; although I'm not sure because the site seems to be down right now. I know I picked Miami and Washington and I think that's it for my misses.

Edit: I was wrong, I picked the Giants... 14-1 baby!

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2013, 22:44.

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Sad day Dec 29, 2013, 13:35 WarPig

Last day of the Red Zone channel.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2013, 00:13 WarPig

everything goes better without butter...even Poptarts!

Yes, I watched the episode, and yes, I've already tried butter on Poptarts, and yes (sigh) it was pretty damn good.

GO SEAHAWKS!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2013, 19:20 WarPig

I loved O'Tool in My Favorite Year.

http://youtu.be/W7z-M92N4L8
(15 second clip)

GO SEAHAWKS!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2013, 19:13 WarPig

Creston wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 18:59:
Watching Dallas choke away a 26 point lead is extremely entertaining. I think Jerry Jones might actually explode today.

Edit: Lucky bastards. That reversal was crap.

Jerry Jones needs to fire his GM.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2013, 13:30 WarPig

To all my 'Merican brothers and sisters - Happy Thanksgiving.

And to everyone else - get back to work!

GO SEAHAWKS!

47. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 19:45 WarPig

It's amazing how clearly he understands what happened, and I can see the wisdom of the advice to let them have this closure. He was previously more attached to Huddy than to either of us, to the extent that he was starting to get mopey because she was doing poorly. He's already back to his happy-go-luck self,

I'm glad to hear that Gunnar is doing well - I was worried about that. A few years back we had a couple shop dogs and one of them was killed (fairly horribly), and while that was bad enough, seeing good old Buster so despondent broke my heart even worse. He wouldn't eat and would barely even move. It was kind of scary. I thought he was giving up.

GO SEAHAWKS!

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 12:38 WarPig

Oh no... so sorry.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2013, 20:17 WarPig

Blue, I'm very sorry for your loss. At the same time I'm glad that you were able to share your life with such a great person. Reading your tribute brought back memories of my grandmother who passed many years ago. I have to remind myself sometimes that not everyone is so lucky, and as you know, over time the hurt will be replaced with fond memories.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 09:17 WarPig

Even though I picked the Panthers last night I thought the call was bad. In fact, the whole "uncatchable" concept is bullshit. You're not allowed anything other than incidental contact with a receiver after five yards so if it's not interference it's either defensive holding or illegal contact - which is called all the time even if the ball is being thrown to another receiver.

That being said, it helped me tie for first place and I'm going to enjoy it for the one week that it's probably going to last!

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2013, 21:02 WarPig

8-6 and I broke from the first place tie, so I think some must have gained on the lead this week.

I went 9-5 and was surprised by how much I caught up (4 games back to 2 games back). And I agree with everyone else; this next week doesn't look any easier.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2013, 21:07.

GO SEAHAWKS!

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2013, 21:58 WarPig

Great, but I was fine until today. And I have been home and eating well, etc etc etc. I can't imagine it is good for you. No one can prove one way or the other. Got the shots yesterday.

/but then again...the shot was in an alley under the parking garage to the hospital....and the needle looked bloody....but it was dark...and only cost me $5.00....so who knows....

I've been curious about this also so I read the whole "Flu shot won't get you sick" all the way through and the last paragraph reads:

Edit: One thing worth noting is that some people may feel “under the weather” or generally crappy for a few days after the shot or a week or two later. A headache, nausea, fever, etc. can be a result of the side effects of the vaccine, usually from the immune system ramping up and producing antibodies against those influenza strains. Some may consider this feeling “sick,” but you are not sick in the sense that the flu vaccine caused you to fall ill from a pathogen, and the vaccine certainly didn’t give you the flu.

This is pretty consistent with what I've heard too. Some people call it a "mild" case of the flu, which it isn't, but call it what you want, the vaccine CAN make you sick.

GO SEAHAWKS!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2013, 20:34 WarPig

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 10:47:
If you've ever seen Fandango - great classic 80s gem a lot of people have never seen - you'll remember the skydiving scene which was pure hilarity.

One of my all-time favorite movies - Truman Sparks FTW!

"She looks fast Truman."
"Yeah, it's the stripes!"

GO SEAHAWKS!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2013, 21:43 WarPig

1badmf wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 18:11:
looks like a bad week all around on BtX. always thought the chiefs were overrated cuz they have the cupcakest of of cupcake schedules, but the bills??!? really?

Yeah, I hate weeks with a lot of home underdogs. Didn't feel confident at all going in. By far my worse week so far but I have a feeling I won't be alone.

GO SEAHAWKS!

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2013, 19:26 WarPig

Obviously it's part of it, since their payroll pays for David Ortiz and whatever juice he's on,

Oh Creston, how can you say that! It's not like he has a history of taking... (oh yeah, never mind). Yeah but either way, he's obviously taken drug tests and passed them, just like Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong so he's obviously not... (oh yeah, never mind).

GO SEAHAWKS!

25. Ugly Oct 28, 2013, 23:45 WarPig

Wow, my Seahawks didn't deserve that one but I'll take it. I was going to say that it looked like a pre-season game but they looked better than that in the pre-season.

GO SEAHAWKS!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2013, 20:39 WarPig

Sepharo wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 16:10:
I'd like to say that I believed in the Lions and stayed the entire game but the truth is that we left with about 1:30 remaining. The Lions 2nd to last possession went:
1st - Stafford sacked for -8
2nd - Pass for 6
3rd - Incomplete
4th - Incomplete

My buddy had the aisle seat and is a rabid insane Lions fan, he stood up and started to leave so we did assuming if anyone had any remaining hope it would be him. We took the long trudge through the crowds out of the stadium. Walked a few blocks and got on the bus, rode the bus almost all the way back to the bar and suddenly everyone on the bus is going nuts because actually won. That remaining 1:30 must've went for over 10 minutes or we were making really good time on our escape.

Seph no! Now I understand why you're hanging your head in your avatar! Good win though - helped me go 11-1... booyah!!

GO SEAHAWKS!

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 22:02 WarPig

Glad to read the update Blue. It seems to me that you're being as thoughtful and realistic about all this as is humanly possible. Best of luck to you, Hudson, and your whole family.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2013, 20:08 WarPig

Creston wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 11:41:
Also, good read about that new option against MS. I lost a very, very good friend to MS, and watching her just dwindle away day after day was just awful.

I had an uncle die from MS, and now one of his sons has it. What an absolutely drawn-out brutal way to go.

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2013, 00:34 WarPig

RoboNerd wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 10:42:
Oh, how the mighty have fallen! I salute Javiro_Dratz...as well as seagle15, Vernoz, and TorchMaster.

Now I can relax in anonymity... Paperbag

Yeah, that turned out to be a sneaky tough week. I was surprised to see I hadn't fallen at least a few spots.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2670 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo