Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2665 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Cold Dec 15, 2008, 20:16 WarPig

I like the winter, but not this insane cold

Well, I DON'T like the winter... thus my new sig.

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2008, 16:04 WarPig

If you're an NFL fan, you have to love days like today with the division rivalry rematches. The triple-header here today is Bills-Jets, Steelers-Ravens, and Giants-Cowboys. Great stuff.

I can't believe you left out the game I'm watching - Seahawks vs. Rams. It's the Draft Pick Bowl.

Edit: Damn the Seahawks just won I mean, yippee, my Seahawks won!

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2008, 16:06.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: PC Game Piracy Examined Dec 14, 2008, 11:44 WarPig

Downloading something doesn't necessarily mean you will actually get around to playing it.

Complete.utter.rubbish. How surprising.

I don't pirate games but I've downloaded more than a few free demos that I've never got around to installing. Of course to me there's a big difference between a free demo and a game I buy, but to someone who pirates every game that comes down the pike I could see them looking at their ill gotten booty in the same way I would look at a free demo. Because really, every game is just a free demo to them.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV PC Patch
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV PC Patch Dec 13, 2008, 12:26 WarPig

I can't play FPS's without RMB moving me forward.
Why force someone who's been using the same interface for fifteen years learn a new way to do it?

This was my big issue with the game also, but now after this patch, I also have HUGE graphical issues that didn't exist before the patch. I'm guessing now that the latest ATI drivers are not just recommended but required. Hopefully that's all it is.

Back to the keyboard mapping. Why would any key or mouse button be left out of the mix? Is there a technical reason or is it just laziness? Another key that can't be mapped is the left Alt key - which I've always used for jumping (I've always set my fingers on the ZXC part of the keyboard for side to side and reverse movements).

It isn't like we're going to stop playing all our other games where we can still use the setup that we're used to, which is why "hey dude, just learn a new setup" isn't that easy.

GO SEAHAWKS!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2008, 09:11 WarPig

"That or the tranny'll drop out any second."

Out of the trunk you mean? haaa..... Tranny

Hey, that's not very nice. Transsexuals are people too. Plus you'd only have to worry about that if the car was also owned by Eddie Murphy or Danny Bonaduce.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2008, 20:24 WarPig

Great news! You made my day.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Pizza Morgana Announced
1. Re: Pizza Morgana Announced Dec 8, 2008, 20:23 WarPig

Star Trek? I'd bet that most guys my age see the name Morgana and instantly think of Morgana, the Kissing Bandit.

http://www.csitransportation.com/image/1453496_scaled_396x544.jpg

She was a "huge" fan favorite. I loved watching her run across the field.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Re: Into the Black Dec 2, 2008, 22:34 WarPig

Man, what is it about pets that get to most of us deeper than we want to admit? I came home today from a really good work day in a great mood but now I've got a small knot in my gut because I'm genuinely worried about a dog I'll never meet.

I've always looked at PETA fanatics and wondered why all that passion, time, and money isn't directed toward something like dying children or the homeless, and although I still feel that way I can't say I don't understand it at least a little when something like this comes up.

Ok, mini-rant over... Here's to Hudson who I really hope will be just fine! Allthumbsup Give her an extra scratch behind the ear from all of us.

GO SEAHAWKS!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2008, 20:34 WarPig

But I am not going to call it a recession, when most people in this country are only marginally effected when it comes to luxuries.

Luxuries? My mom, who was forced to retire a couple years ago, has watched her retirement assets decrease by 40% and there's nothing she can do about it. I've personally lost nearly six months wages worth of money over the last four months but I've got time to make that up - she doesn't. Also because of the economy the company I work for had to lay off around 30% of our staff last week (Happy Holidays!) because the companies that buy our machines won't cut loose with any money, even though they realize our machines will save them loads of money in the long run.

It's not good.

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2008, 11:28 WarPig

Yep, happy Thanksgiving everyone!

This morning I have a little something extra to be thankful about because the little Nissan pickup that jumped the curb last night doing 30mph was stopped three feet from my bedroom wall when it hit the large arborvitae tree that grows at the corner of my house!

My house is at the end of a "T" in the road and the kid thought he was on the through street that's one block east of me. That, and his window defroster wasn't working very well which I believe was the main problem. He was shaken and embarrassed (and sober) but otherwise OK.

It was around 6:00 and I was just sitting in my living room when I heard, and kind of felt, what I thought was a really big wreck in the street. So I run outside and can't believe that I don't see a wreck because, like I said, I was looking out at the street. It took a couple seconds to realize that there was a truck a couple feet to my left with a slightly dazed kid climbing out! Now my lawn has two perfectly straight tracks leading to the tree that are very faint at first because I'm pretty sure his front end came well off the ground after hitting the square curb on the sidewalk. If he would have been able to swerve I'd probably be on the local news today.

So anyway, he calls 911, then his mom (who works as a 911 operator), both his parents show up, they then call an uncle or something who has a car trailer, the uncle brings at least six more family members basically just to laugh at the poor kid... it was an interesting night.

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2008, 09:12 WarPig

Happy Birthday Blue!

In seven months I'll be the same age as you (numbers wise, of course). And speaking for myself, as someone who's never before been bothered by age I've got to tell you... the numbers are starting to get a little large! Yikes!

Beats the alternative all to hell though.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2008, 01:31 WarPig

Sure enough, on closer examination, I see that while the leather outer coat was torn, a thin layer of insulation and the inner lining of the coat remain intact

So in that case why don't you just make sure Hudson is wearing her S&M biker outfit whenever you take her out in the dog park? All the other dogs will be laughing too hard too scared to fight and if not you and Hudson will be impervious to doggie damage while Gunnar will just assume everyone is just playing with him as always.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Op Ed
1. testing Nov 18, 2008, 20:16 WarPig

just testing a new sig...  

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Need for Speed Undercover
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Need for Speed Undercover Nov 18, 2008, 19:57 WarPig

The thing I've always wished that they'd fix with these games (even on Underground which I really liked) is the upgrade system. If you win enough money to buy something you shouldn't be told that you can't buy it. For instance, if I want to spend all my money on tires and suspension parts and wait on upgrading the horsepower I should be able to give it a try.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2008, 21:09 WarPig

Good to hear Blue. As you probably already knew, wisdom teeth can get tricky depending on how the roots have grown in. You were due some good luck... dentally anyway (if that's even a word).

Personally I had all four of mine pulled in one sitting and was playing football two days later. I've also heard of people needing surgery because the roots had grown into their sinus cavities.

GO SEAHAWKS!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2008, 23:19 WarPig

Here in Washington State 37 of 39 counties are now strictly vote by mail with King County (Seattle) going to it next year. Personally I really like it.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

37. Re: DONT VOTE Nov 3, 2008, 20:37 WarPig

As an old guy, born in 1962 - right in the middle of the civil rights movement, I'm just so happy that an African American (OK, half - whatever) is even being considered as our next president. We still have a lot of problems in this country, and race intolerance is still one of them, but we've certainly come a long, long way from a time where even though I was just a kid, I still remember the over the top ugliness.

And maybe, just maybe, our great nation's hatred can be re-focused on what really threatens us in these dire times!

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2008, 09:42 WarPig

Yeah Blue, you may want to kill the UFO Hunters ad because it's killing not only your site but it's completely freezing up my browser (FF). The latest version of Flash 10 eventually pops up and gives the options of not running it, which is the only way get anything to respond.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > E3 2009 Goes Big Again
7. Re: E3 2009 Goes Big Again Oct 20, 2008, 23:27 WarPig

Booth babes? Gorgeous

GO SEAHAWKS!

24. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2008, 21:20 WarPig

I expect it to be everything and more than GTA4.

Cool. That's what I wanted to hear!

GO SEAHAWKS!

2665 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo