Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2670 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2009, 16:18 WarPig

It is ugly out here right now....

I hear ya. Early this fall my company started working 72 hrs every two weeks so everyone could keep their jobs as long as possible. Still, the layoffs started around Thanksgiving. I was finally laid off the week after Christmas but was pimped out to another company for three weeks last month. I started back last week doing my regular job and have been working free overtime because other people's jobs depend on me getting the machine I'm designing ready for manufacture.

No pressure or anything!

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2009, 23:32 WarPig

I don't think the emperor would put up with any union bullshit

What are you talking about? I can't believe nobody else pointed out this actual footage...

http://www.videosift.com/video/Robot-Chicken-Star-WarsNot-Fully-Operational-Battle-Station

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2009, 20:05 WarPig

I never liked Acer. Used one of their laptops once and the quality was rubbish. I never even look at their stuff anymore.

It's funny how things work out for different people, one of my work laptops is an Acer which I started using two years ago and I have to say it's been rock solid from day one. Plus I know there are at least two more Acer laptops and at least four Acer monitors floating around work that have worked out just fine.

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2009, 09:42 WarPig

Did they run out of timeouts or something and the clock would have run out if they didn't make it on the first try?

That's it exactly. There were only 15 seconds left and they had no timeouts. If they had played to save time earlier in the drive (at one point they used at least 30 seconds after a Hightower first down which ran the clock under a minute) they then would have at least had the option of a run or two which could have made play-action a threat. As it was the Steelers knew that they didn't have to worry about the run.

Great game though. Disappointing maybe, but wildly entertaining.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2009, 13:20 WarPig

I think that's a great idea Blue. I've always hated the two week layoff also (next year they're playing the Pro Bowl during the off-week... whoop-de-dooo). The only idea I like better than your Saturday night game idea is turning the Monday after into a National Holiday.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2009, 09:40 WarPig

Obviously a collision at that speed would have been trivial

Just as long as the car you were hitting wasn't a Pinto!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glcj0szvevU

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 21, 2009, 21:01 WarPig

Someone needs to read up on the term "brick" and what it stands for...if it is recoverable, it isn't bricked.

Not technically, but as far as I'm concerned, when someone has a HD turn useless they can call it anything they want until they strip it out of their machine, wait for an RMA number, package it up, probably pay shipping, wait until it gets back, and then finally get up and running again.

At that point it's not a brick.

Add to that the cost of the new, non-Seagate drive that was probably bought in the meantime to get up and running while all this is happening.

And this is also counting the free data recovery that Seagate just announced this week. What does 500GB of data usually cost to recover if you had to pay for it?

GO SEAHAWKS!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2009, 20:49 WarPig

That song has a crazy time signature.

Do any of these "music games" have any Tool songs? I asked a friend of mine who's been a professional musician for nearly 30 years to listen to a couple Tool tunes and tell me what the time signature was and it was something like - "thats 5/4... now it's 4/4 but this part I think is 7/8... ok now it's back to 4/4..." It wasn't that exactly but it was weird.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2009, 22:25 WarPig

Wow, this Seagate thing is quickly going from bad to worse. Yesterday they released a new firmware iso that was bricking working drives left and right. Then earlier today they released another version that seemed to be working (although maybe not for all drives) and now, within the last hour or so, they've pulled that one too.

It really feels like they're panicking over there - and I don't blame them - this kind of thing could kill the company, especially in this economy.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 18, 2009, 16:05 WarPig

Well FUCK!

This is just great. Although Seagate says that my serial number shouldn't be affected (although I don't know why, my HD matches every other criteria) I just bought a copy of Norton Ghost and an external HD. Of course this isn't all bad since having everything backed up is a good thing... but still.

The other thing that might be going for me is that my drive has now been working for four months and it sounds like almost all of these drives are dying within three months.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: B.I.P. - Hudson Reide Jan 17, 2009, 13:06 WarPig

Congrats!

And I'm sure Blue is honored that you named your first born after his dog.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2009, 22:46 WarPig

I still Ricardo made some of the best TV ads of all time.

Just try to watch this and not wish that you could run out and buy a Chrysler Cordoba with Rich Corinthian Leather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIL3fbGbU2o

R.I.P. both Mr. Montalban and McGoohan.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2009, 12:38 WarPig

Happy Birthday Ant! Have a great one.

GO SEAHAWKS!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2009, 02:29 WarPig

there are gems all over that site. you just gotta look for them.

Not to mention bargains...
http://www.amazon.com/2007-2012-Building-Excluding-Cafeteria-Restaurant/dp/0497503093/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. Re: The 2009 Razzie Awards Nominees. Jan 8, 2009, 16:08 WarPig

First off, Happy Birthday Frans! Have a great one. Party

How does Al Pacino make the list of Worst Actors? I know it's just for 2008 but c'mon he doesnt belong next to Larry the Cable Guy....does he?

IMHO, since Scent of a Woman Pacino has for the most part been doing that same overly intense character over and over again. I half expect him to yell out "HoooAhhh" in all his roles now. That may not be fair though because maybe those are the only characters that he's being cast as these days, plus I think most all well known actors get to a point where the public has a hard time accepting them in roles that don't fit their image.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Numen Trailer
3. Re: Numen Trailer Jan 8, 2009, 15:41 WarPig

Jerry.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Re: Into the Black Jan 7, 2009, 21:34 WarPig

I was reading reviews for a cell phone and came across this gem...

"I have this phone in purple, I returned it once because of the poor battery life; still did the same thing. Some times the battery last for 2 days other time I use it for a day and it needs to be recharged, I don't use it very much. My husband has it in black and he does not have this problem, don't know if it is because of the color, but I am returning them both for different phones."

Classic.

GO SEAHAWKS!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2009, 15:10 WarPig

I sure know I'm glad that I live on the west coast when it comes to being a sports fan. If I did live on the east coast I probably would have to do the DVR thing (I don't even own one now) but then I'd also have to insulate myself from the world so as not to find out who won, because once I know that I lose a lot of interest in watching the actual game.

GO SEAHAWKS!

3. Re: Car shot by paintballs Jan 2, 2009, 12:35 WarPig

Hmmm, Kennewick, WA - - - sounds like something Warpig would do ...

No, I swear it wasn't me. It did happen less than a mile from my house though. I thought it was a maybe a little harsh to throw the guy in jail just for that but then read that he also had an "unrelated misdemeanor warrant".

GO SEAHAWKS!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2009, 01:21 WarPig

Happy New Year everyone!

Did anyone else watch that idiot daredevil jump his bike onto the fake (Las Vegas) Arc De Triumph and then jump back down? Crazy.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2670 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo