Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2694 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2015, 19:34 WarPig

Yeah, I didn't know Brian Cox wasn't American until I saw him on Top Gear (RIP). The one that really blew me away was listening to Gillian Anderson speaking with her British accent, again on Top Gear (RIP).

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2015, 12:20 WarPig

Don't get me wrong Blue, I think Knicks fans have every right to be disgusted with the franchise - not even counting last nights draft. Who knows, Porzingis may end up being really good but at best it'll take a couple years, and correct me if I'm wrong but the Knicks hired Phil and signed Carmello to win now. Personally, I doubt any big time free-agents would want to play with Carmello anyway but that's just my opinion.

I also don't think the kid was actually crying, he was making a pouting face for the selfy he was taking.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2015, 10:43 WarPig

Blue, it could be worse, you could have been a Seattle Sonics fan like me.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2015, 21:42 WarPig

Where I live it's better to call the city than the cops. They will issue warnings to the offender and after two or three warnings they will issue a fine. And yeah, I guess this should only be after a face to face. Although, I don't know, how someone doesn't realize that their dog barking all night just MIGHT be bothering their neighbors... you're probably dealing with a self centered asshole who won't respond well anyway.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 18:08 WarPig

It's one thing to earn fame for doing something great that benefits mankind (educating, inspiring, sacrificing, inventing, etc.), it's another thing to seek fame for the sake of being famous.

So does anything having to do with the arts (movies, music, etc.) count to you?

GO SEAHAWKS!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 17:42 WarPig

Okay.

Obviously, you don't like celebrities. Are you saying that not one of them ever deserved to be mourned or remembered? Is it just actors or is it any famous person?

GO SEAHAWKS!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 17:00 WarPig

Your summary is very close to what I'm saying. I find it discouraging and inauthentic that our culture mourns the death of a person who plays imaginary characters and at the same-time shrugs at the daily death of people who live normal quiet lives. Narcissistic celebrity, make-believe, behavior triumphs over humble behind the scenes contributions. That's just my opinion.

No, you didn't get what I'm saying at all.

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 16:39 WarPig

You beat me to it Cutter!  

GO SEAHAWKS!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 16:38 WarPig

OK BobBob, I've got a few minutes here, I'll bite and assume you aren't trolling...

Answer me this - are your friends and family more important to the world than the mother and child you described? And would said family member, friend, or even acquaintance have to be more important to society for you to be more affected by their death than two people you've never met? Does it make you a bad person if you shed a tear over the death of a pet if you don't cry over every dead human you learn about every day?

Over 150,000 people die every day and it's obvious to everyone - but you, I guess - that we are more affected by the loss of someone we know, or in the case of a celebrity, know of.

What you described is obviously a tragedy. Nobody is describing Nimoy's death as such, he lived a long life and it was his time, but that shouldn't and doesn't stop us from sharing up to 40 years of memories about him.

Blue, sorry if you think I'm "feeding the troll" (and maybe I am) but I honestly think BobBob must really think that in discussing someone's death we're elevating them above "normal" people or something.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2015, 00:01 WarPig

I made your chili recipe on Saturday Blue, it was with my girlfriend and another couple I know

Actually, I think Blue uses beef of some kind.

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2015, 20:14 WarPig

I ended up tied with WarPig & Blue, is that a good thing?

I don't know about Blue but tying with me, at least this year, isn't very impressive!

As far as the last play last night... I get why they tried it. Wilson doesn't throw many picks, especially in the red zone. I think the key was Browner jamming Kearse so completely at the line. If all had gone to plan Kearse drives Browner deep enough that Butler has to run around him to get to his spot. Either way the ball has to be thrown lower, but hey, easy for me to say.

Another thing, what if Wilson throws a pick at the end of the first half instead of the touchdown? Everyone would have been criticizing the Hawks for not taking the field goal. If it works you're great, if it doesn't you're an idiot.

GO SEAHAWKS!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2015, 23:16 WarPig

I guess this year pretty much every NFC team had to have a brutal playoff loss. The Lions, the Cowboys, the Packers, and now the Seahawks. Hell of a game though. Congrats to the Patriots.

GO SEAHAWKS!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2015, 00:08 WarPig

Put me down in the MX5 realm of cars: lightweight, short wheelbase, manual transmission, crazy grip with sticky tyres, and a small but competent engine that reminds you on every shift that you're in a driver's sports car.

I'm with you, my first car was a '71 Triumph Spitfire. Not much power but it handled like it was on rails - and c'mon... I was 16 and had a convertible! I painted it silver with black accents, plus it had mag wheels and BF Goodrich Radial TA's with raised white letters (this probably means nothing to most of you youngsters but believe me, this was cool in the late '70s).

Maybe ten years after I sold it I saw another one for sale and when I drove it I was reminded about how much of a harsh rattle-trap it was and why I sold it.

That being said, to this day it's the only car that I owned that I still have dreams about.

GO SEAHAWKS!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2015, 20:52 WarPig

While I hope that all of this isn't true and that they find a logical explanation for what happened, there are a few points to this that I find interesting.

If I understand correctly, both the Pats and the Colts game balls were checked by a ref before the game and were found to be legal. This means a couple things. One, that all the balls were probably checked by the same pressure gauge, which kills the excuse of faulty equipment, and two, whatever happened happened between the inspection and the game.

So, who has more to gain, or really, anything to gain from this other than Brady? Would a rogue ball-boy take it upon himself to deflate balls on his own? Maybe. Perhaps Brady made an off-hand remark about liking softer balls (giggity) and that's exactly what happened. I just can't see Brady or anyone else trusting a ball-boy to not only get away with this, but to keep quiet about it if he were caught.

I don't know, it'll probably end up as one of those things that never gets explained to anyone's satisfaction.

GO SEAHAWKS!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 22:37 WarPig

Thanks, but I don't know how "back" I am. I'm simply not that much of a gamer anymore so I really don't have much to contribute. I still lurk around because I like the people (even Cutter ) and the ootb conversations even if I don't know what game is being talked about. I do like to talk football though!

That being said I am looking forward to GTA5. I built the computer I'm using now to play GTA4 and overspent enough on the video card that it was actually fairly playable right from the start. I kind of hope that R* does a great job on the port but my machine still won't run it so I have an excuse to build a new box!

GO SEAHAWKS!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 21:17 WarPig

You're priceless Cutter!

C'mon, you can call me better names than that (hey everyone, I'm a hipster now). After all, I'm somehow bitter and crying because my team won - I must be a crazy!

But when you're right, you're right... it was the Packer's game to lose - and they did, did they ever!! Whoohoo whoohoo (think Daffy Duck here) whoohoo whoohoo!!!

Well, so much for not gloating. You brought out the worst in me Cutter, but what do expect from a crazy 52 year old hipster.

GO SEAHAWKS!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 20:13 WarPig

They're living proof that it's better to be lucky than good.

Yeah the Seahawks were lucky, lucky they were playing the Packers. When you score only 22 points after being given 5 turnovers I don't see how you can say things like "we were the better team today". And yeah the Seahawks stumbled, they played the worse three quarters of offense that I've seen them play in three years, good thing the game has four quarters, something the Packers forgot. I'd say the Packers were pretty goddamn lucky too - lucky they caught Wilson when he was as off as he's ever been, but you have to be good enough to take advantage of what you're given.

You know I wasn't going to say anything about the game because I don't like to gloat, and I do feel genuinely bad for most Packer fans. Also, if the Packers would have won I would have congratulated them as I'll congratulate the Pats if they win.

GO SEAHAWKS!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2015, 20:18 WarPig

nin wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 20:09:
You've been lying low way too long!

Oh, so now you're calling me a liar?

You know, I can't put my finger on it but for some reason I'm in a really, really good mood right now!

GO SEAHAWKS!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2015, 20:08 WarPig

nin wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 20:00:
Maybe we should put some tranquilizers in the water around here. Everyone's up in arms lately...

What the hell you talkin' about nin? SCREW YOU!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2015, 20:20 WarPig

Like whatever! It was a rough start for GB, but they've been in the zone the last several weeks and that's what counts. They're definitely the strongest contender atm.

Yeah, yeah, but if you'll remember, the Hawks started the season pretty rough also. Honestly though, I'd hate to have to go to GB right now but the Packers on the road aren't nearly as scary.

Holy crap, that Panther's defense is looking freakin nasty right now.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2694 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo