Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3119 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Metro 2033/Redux Comparison
8. Re: Metro 2033/Redux Comparison Aug 20, 2014, 13:10 Fion

I just recently finished Last Light after getting it on the summer sale. It's fantastic and indeed the engine and improved stealth system would certainly work to make a more stunning and enjoyable 2033 which had a horrible stealth system.

At some point I'll be replaying them both again to get the positive endings, even though - at least in 2033 - the negative one is cannon.

Either way they are both tremendous shooters,you cannot beat getting both - with the new engine - for $5!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > One Hour of The Evil Within on Video
1. Re: One Hour of The Evil Within on Video Aug 18, 2014, 23:14 Fion

Isn't this a PS4 exclusive?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2014, 12:28 Fion

Yea they are putting the Halloween stuff out so they can switch over to Christmas in mid-September.  

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
11. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 15:36 Fion

There's and old Quake 3 mod similar to this, I want to say Goliath mod but it was ages ago. Players switch between normal with one person as the giant robot with super weapons. Who ever kills the giant robot becomes it, winner is who ever spent the most time as the robot. It was crazy fun and I played a tun of it at lan parties. So 4v1 'can' work and 'can' be crazy fun.

Have they showed a match from hunter pov yet? Sure the monsters are cool but I want to see hunter options, powers, upgrading, what ever.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details
5. Re: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details Aug 15, 2014, 11:28 Fion

I stopped playing WoW when I realized I was paying $180 a year for content mostly locked beyond a paywall and 2-3 non-paid updates every 2 years. I still know people who play but I could never go back. For them at least I hope its fun.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 15, 2014, 11:21 Fion

Hilarious but fatally serious. How many actors or musicians have we lost to overdoses from 'legal' drugs? Popping all kinds of pills to stay wide awake, active and smooth while they perform and then sleeping pills because they are too hopped up to get it naturally. As the popularity of the sport increases (and it's HUGE even here in the US already), people dying from mixing 'legal' substances is going to happen. Hell it already does is e-sport crazed countries like S. Korea.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
19. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 14:30 Fion

Witcher 2 sits unfinished on my desktop. I put an hour or two into it every few weeks but there always seems to be something more current setting next to it. Doesn't help that Dark Souls 2 keeps pulling me back in.

I'm sure I'll have time between now and launch, but there are a LOT Of promising games between now and then as well, and other games I want to finish before their sequels hit as well, like Far Cry 3 which I'm 80% of the way done with.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox-clusivity "Has a Duration"
12. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox-clusivity Aug 13, 2014, 18:44 Fion

Oh they got many millions without a doubt. Funny thing is even if it comes out 4 months later on PC or PS4 it'll probably still outsell the Xbox version.

By the time it does us PC gamers will get a better, more polished version. So I can wait.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer
2. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 18:39 Fion

Yea seems like a cash grab. But playable Claptrap? I may need to buy this.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 12:06 Fion

Gonna be a great Fall for gaming, assuming all the awesome looking games coming out are indeed awesome. XX fingers.

Shadow of Mordor
FIFA 15
Borderlands Pre-Sequal
Civ: Beyond Earth
Assassins Creed: Unity (I suspect a Meh game)
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Far Cry 4
Sims 4 (My SO's most anticipated game of the year)

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2014, 12:14.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
39. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 17:51 Fion

This has got to be a timed exclusive. Not a chance in hell they'd purposefully avoid releasing the sequel to one of the best games of the year on one console, let alone the one the fewest people own. I'm sure MS payed out the ass in an attempt to give people at least one reason to buy their shitty console, but no amount of money will prevent Square Enix from releasing on all platforms eventually. Just like GTA V. Simply too much money to be made not to.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 11, 2014, 09:58 Fion

Spend time and money on making an amazing map so we can fill out the game at 1/50th the cost of making it ourselves.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 6, 2014, 16:09 Fion

I have not, but I'm not that big on MMA. But I point you guys to this report.

http://v.theonion.com/onionmedia/videos/videometa/2071/zen_mp4.mp4

As to this video, as usual it's highly sped up to make it look like the guy is super quick and agile. I'm not so great on a controller but give me a keyboard & mouse and it's possible. Give that and my 20's back and this console player wouldn't stand a chance. I played Quake 2 professionally as Codex, generally considered in the top 20, though the top guys always whooped my ass lol. Thresh will always be the best fps player ever. I was also a key player in the 3rd rank pro CS 6.0 team in the US as Fox in Sox, Dr. Seuss clan.

I remember fondly those days, all the challenges I received and went on to obliterate lol.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2014, 16:22.

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
7. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 5, 2014, 18:56 Fion

Are more people waking up to the fact that they are paying $180 a year for no content releases that aren't locked behind a pay wall? I'm sure many recent losses will return when the expansion hits only to quit again after a few month when all the content runs dry. The real hardcore ones will instead keep shelling out $ while they wait for the two or three major content patches they'll get without a price tag in the next two years.

I also see this 'most losses in the east' and wonder how true that is. Besides the few months after an expansion comes out I still have friends that beg for me to return because each new server they jump to is just another ghost town.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2014, 19:33.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 17:39 Fion

I don't think this is particularly tied to gaming in and of itself. When I was a teenager I worked on the cleanup crew at a local state park and I would hear the truck backup 'beep' 24/7.

I don't really experience this much, but it has happened occasionally. I'm more the type that will dream about it, but again not just with gaming; though as a gamer it is most likely to be the case. I've spent restless nights playing a great movie I saw over and over, or events from a particularly stressful day at work, and lots of other things.

Aren't dreams hypothesized as how our brain internalizes the information of the day? Maybe that's just an urban myth, but I'd bet further testing shows that these same 12% also have that experience if they spend long hours doing something else that's fairly loud and distinct sounding.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 1, 2014, 21:44 Fion

And they say he never does anything good.  

News Comments > TOXIKK Announced
5. Re: TOXIKK Announced Aug 1, 2014, 21:42 Fion

Lets not forget that it's pre-alpha footage, which means everything is subject to change. Weapons, armor, boosters, movement, levels, you name it.

I agree it's a homage to games like UT2K4 and the greatest frag-fest ever conceived.. Quake 2. That also means it'll be quite niche but I still hope it's a big success because that might just force the big players to take a second glance and realize not everyone wants shooters with regenerating health and 3' walls in the middle of hallways or (what pretends to be) realistic gunplay.

News Comments > Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series
8. Re: Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series Jul 31, 2014, 18:04 Fion

FYI Lost Girl & Continuum aren't syfy properties, they are Canadian TV shows that syfy then runs about a week later.

On topic, I didn't really enjoy the show that much, I haven't watched past the first season. It may have gotten better, and wouldn't be by far the first TV show to have a slow first season or first half of a season. And yes, at least the channel is trying to return to science fiction.

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
9. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 22:27 Fion

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:22:
Fion wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 17:17:
I'm pretty excited for Tales from the Borderlands too, I very much enjoy the setting and the characters, though I'm much more hyped for their Game of Thrones title. If anyone can pull off ASoIaF in a meaningful way, it's Telltale.
Wow, I had no idea. That's going to be awesome!

Teaser Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjiVZdg6lng

I'm personally hoping it tells the story of Roberts Rebellion, the war that saw Jaime Lannister become Kingslayer by killing Mad King Aerys (Daenerys' father) as Robert Baratheon won the throne.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2014, 22:32.

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
5. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 17:17 Fion

Awesome news, Telltale is at the top of their game. I have very much enjoyed season 2, though I agree The Wolf Among Us has been better (just a smidgen). I'm very fearful for the release of S2E5 because some serious shit went down in E4 and it isn't going to end well :/

I'm pretty excited for Tales from the Borderlands too, I very much enjoy the setting and the characters, though I'm much more hyped for their Game of Thrones title. If anyone can pull off ASoIaF in a meaningful way, it's Telltale.

As to the graphics, I can honestly say at Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us are two games I really haven't cared that the graphics were quite low end. Mostly because the stories are so engrossing but largely because the art design is so wonderfully done I don't care about polygons and texture size so much.

3119 Comments. 156 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo