Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3021 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
43. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 16, 2012, 02:23 Fion

The only issues I had with NV was it ran like shit the first day but I had a work around in hours and a fix the next day. I crashed occasionally but more often that not it was a mod problem, not a problem with the game.

It's a damn shame, I do hope they got bonuses based on other things, not just the Metacritic score. I know Bethesda would never admit it, but NV is by far the better of the two games, hell it's miles better than Skyrim in a great many ways.

I hope one day to see a sequel from the Obsidian crew. Their other games have there notorious games but man they really hit it with New Vegas.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
2. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Mar 15, 2012, 22:27 Fion

Same here. It better be good. Max Payne 1 & 2 are counted amongst my fav shooters of all time. May is going to be crazy. D3, Max Payne, potentially Guild Wars 2, most likely TERA. Frankly it's about time because last year was rather dead besides Portal 2, Skyrim and DE:HR.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
5. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 15, 2012, 21:04 Fion

How can this incredible game not have an 85 at Metacritic? Sure the first few days were rocky but over all New Vegas is WORLDS better than Fallout 3 (which has a 91). Not to mention it's easily the best Obsidian game.. ever lol.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions Announced
14. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions Announced Mar 15, 2012, 18:09 Fion

Wait wait.. they release this big announcement but don't include one single screenshots along with it? BOGUS!  

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
52. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 13:07 Fion

Dev wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 12:38:
I wonder if its worth replaying the beta to get the achieves again and to see what the state of the game is. Like will they give any of the full achieve beta players anything in the real game (like a unique flag symbol, etc).

If you haven't played the beta in some time it's well worth picking back up. There have been some major changes lately, some good, some great, some controvertial. I personally think the new system is quite good, and the classes have been rebalanced, their skills changed, runes put in at level 6 onward, etc.

20. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:10 Fion

nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:38:

I still think Activision is planning to use b.net as an alternative to steam,

None of these new publisher-run 'steam alternatives' will have any success if they keep trying to lock down the gamer by constricting their selling platform and restricting everything else. These guys like Acti/Bliz and EA with Origin are treating their platforms like consoles, where they control everything and that is fundamentally opposed to the heart of PC Gaming, and is why Steam has been so very successful. Until these two learn this fact they will continue to be stumped as to why everyone avoids them.

19. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:06 Fion

May/June is going to be a packed field for online RPGs/MMORPGs with this, The Secret World, TERA and potentially Guild Wars 2 all coming out in those two months.

Granted I don't really care about any of them but GW2. I'll certainly give them a try but if it comes right down to it I'll wait a few extra months on each of them if need be.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2012, 12:47.

News Comments > More Diablo III Class Skills
26. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 14:55 Fion

Early April would be nice. Give me something to play while I wait for GW2 to hit, which in all likelihood is may/june.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes Mar 13, 2012, 15:38 Fion

It's EA, the price won't 'ever' decrease. Okay, 'ever' is the wrong term. 'For another decade' is about right though.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
36. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 13, 2012, 15:36 Fion

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 14:14:
Fion wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 13:53:
I was planning on getting the physical collectors ed before these details just for the art book and the music. But now that I see that they only come in a collectors ed (which probably costs $100), there's no way in hell I'm doing that. I don't care how much I think I might love the hell out of the game, I'm never going to pay that much for one.

So now I'll grab the digital deluxe. Having a Rytlock pet will be cool lol. And I hope the wolf elite is as potent as all the others are. The more skills in the game the better.

Besides, I can always torrent the cd, as we all know it'll be up the within days of release.

Edit: I almost forgot. WOOOT! This means the game is just around the corner.. finally after all this time! YEA!

It doesn't probably cost $100. They say right on the site that it costs $149.99. I'm definitely getting it. I played hundreds of hours of Guild Wars, with no monthly fee. I am just wondering if this has to be ordered through ArenaNet or if I can order from my distributors. ;-)

Yea, missed that somehow. $150 is a bit much in my book. However considering there are no monthly fee's, I'm sure some folks will consider it worth while. I may change my mind, have to wait and see.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
34. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 13, 2012, 13:53 Fion

I was planning on getting the physical collectors ed before these details just for the art book and the music. But now that I see that they only come in a collectors ed (which probably costs $100), there's no way in hell I'm doing that. I don't care how much I think I might love the hell out of the game, I'm never going to pay that much for one.

So now I'll grab the digital deluxe. Having a Rytlock pet will be cool lol. And I hope the wolf elite is as potent as all the others are. The more skills in the game the better.

Besides, I can always torrent the cd, as we all know it'll be up the within days of release.

Edit: I almost forgot. WOOOT! This means the game is just around the corner.. finally after all this time! YEA!

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
27. Re: The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial Mar 8, 2012, 19:05 Fion

Yifes wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 17:14:
People keep on saying that this is like KOTOR with multiplayer. Except it's not. The gameplay, atmosphere, story, and pacing is shit compared to KOTOR.

QFT

I bought the game really because it was supposed to be KOTOR 3-10. What I got instead of an exercise in linearity and quest grinding.

Edit: For those of you who want to wait for a sale. Do realize this is EA. There won't be a sale until the game is years old. Then it will go on sale for 10% off.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailers
3. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Mar 7, 2012, 10:22 Fion

I see it uses hitscanning, but thats expected anymore I spose.

When he was showing the loadout screen, I was like 'EQUIP A MAX!' I didn't see anyone using one so maybe they aren't in yet. Still, nice gameplay and I'm happy to see some of the old vehicles and their 'modern' redesign.

News Comments > City of Heroes Patched
1. Re: City of Heroes Patched Mar 6, 2012, 22:01 Fion

Wow they revamped Dark Astoria finally. Folks been asking for that for ages. Glad to see the best super hero MMOG is still going.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2012, 11:34 Fion

Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 10:25:
The only reason Terra Nova even got a full season order with those production costs was Spielberg's backing. Very poorly executed show overall, I've rarely been so bored while watching something with so much potential.

Tell me about it. It's almost as bad as Walking Dead, which is cringe worthy in my book.

And people wonder why I avoid most US television and vastly prefer the stuff the Brits are putting out these days.

News Comments > Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer
3. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer Mar 3, 2012, 15:40 Fion

What baffles me is they aren't useing the fantastic lore, history, the great houses or any of the known lands of the universe. Instead they are creating new lands and new houses for this game.

Seriously what executive came along and said 'we are going to do a Game of Thrones RPG, but first lets drop all this existing stuff and make our own setting within the universe. I'm sure that'll sell way better."

I mean even if they wanted to get away from the current characters and struggles, they could have just gone back to an earlier age a few hundred years ago. It just doesn't make any sense.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 29, 2012, 13:27 Fion

I actually look forward to the next console releases. Not because I want one, but because it means we might actually get a game that stresses my hardware in the slightest.  

News Comments > Hydrophobia Developer Going Under
12. Re: Hydrophobia Developer Going Under Feb 28, 2012, 16:12 Fion

Yea Hydrophobia was alright. The combat kinda blew but man the water fx in the game are the best I've ever seen. So yea, they should have focused on selling the tech.  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 at GDC
10. Re: Unreal Engine 4 at GDC Feb 27, 2012, 23:35 Fion

I am so sick of this engine. Every game looks the same, all the characters are identical in every game. It is really getting boring.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
29. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 17:33 Fion

Asmo wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 17:18:
Fion wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 15:44:
This genre needs to change, it has grown so very stagnant. If GW2 is extremely successful it might actually stir the melting pot of WoW clones and give other publishers incentive to go their own routes with MMOGs. Right now every publisher and their mother has hopped onto the WoW bandwagon and most of them have failed utterly to recreate it's success. With the potential success of GW2 these people might realize that you can be successful without sticking to the formula.

There are plenty of products that do it different, they're just not AAA or well known.

Dragon Nest (anime beat em up "mmo") is a hell of a lot of fun and you can ignore the monetisation for the most part and freeplay.

Realm of the Mad God is a top down shooter 'mmo' which I've played on and off for years. Simple fun, can pick it up and put it down in a second. Particularly impressive is when you get a 50-60 person xp train which snakes across every road on the map annihilating everything in it's path.

Mortal Online, one of the deepest and most realistic MMO games (gives Eve's learning curve a run for it's money) I've ever played.

Not saying that they are everyone's cup of tea of course, but there are quite a few games that aren't just WoW dressed up differently.

Perhaps I should have said 'western MMOGs'. I personally have a hard time playing eastern MMOGs like Dragon's Nest, Invictus, etc.

3021 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo