Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3021 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased
6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 2, 2012, 21:36 Fion

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 20:40:
How can you not have it yet, Bats? No wonder the cool kids don't pick you for their team.

I hope the Xmas event is better than the Halloween one. Wasn't at all impressed with it.

To each their own Cutter but if you weren't impressed by the Halloween event I'm going to assume you only participated in Act 1. Because in whole, it surpassed every other MMOGs holiday event. I mean WoW has been known for having great holiday events but they usually consist of a few new quests that take you an hour, an achievement and if your lucky, a new boss to farm. Boring and tiny by comparison.

I had an extreme amount of fun doing the clock tower, the soft PvP and the Mad King's dungeon. I gained 10+ levels, got a whole bunch of fun stuff, a bunch of exotics waiting to be equipped, and two of the unique skins. I can only hope future events are even close to as good.

On topic, really looking forward to the Lost Shore later this month. The clues in Lion's Arch have been titillating, I'm sure it'll be great fun and if it includes even half as much content as the Halloween event did, it'll mean GW2 has had more 'free' content updates than WoW has in more than a year. Hell of a bargain if you ask me.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2012, 21:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Trailer
7. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 23:02 Fion

Speak for yourself PHJF. I've been on the dungeon level for ages, and cannot stay in game for more than a half an hour before my nerves are shot.

But I'll be sure to finish the game before this comes out. Looks fantastic.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 29, 2012, 01:34 Fion

You gotta love reddit. The conversation below the post is just as interesting as the topic itself.  

News Comments > GTA5 in Spring?
2. Re: GTA5 in Spring? Oct 28, 2012, 14:50 Fion

Sounds interesting, though I hope they reworked their engine. GTA IV was legendary for its bugs.  

News Comments > 0x10c Multiplayer Footage
20. Re: 0x10c Multiplayer Footage Oct 25, 2012, 20:48 Fion

It's alpha, and obviously 'very' early footage where about the only thing that works is the shooting heh. So I'll reserver judgement until at least we see the first beta.

Though I do agree, Star Citizen looks better, so does Starbound.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 25, 2012, 20:41 Fion

Amazon isn't freeked out, they are only stating the facts. The new Ipad is smaller, less powerful technically with less features while still being more expensive than the new 8.9" Kindle Fire HD.

But then again isn't that typical for Apple products? Worse technically and feature wise while also more expensive.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2012, 20:51.

News Comments > Three Dishonored Add-ons Announced
9. Re: Three Dishonored Add-ons Announced Oct 25, 2012, 13:31 Fion

I just finished my second play-through. First time through I did the for the no-kills achieve, this time I ignored stealth and just went in and kicked everything's ass lol. The combat and 'Outsider' powers are so fun I couldn't resist. Game is so fun I may well go through it one more time just to try out some of the powers I never picked up or maxed out.

It's funny, a new Assassin's Creed game is coming out soon but I have no interest because to me, Dishonored is the far superior 'stealth/assassination' game. There are so many ways to do each mission, I discovered so much I totally missed in my first play-through. Best stealth/assassination game since Thief 2, and very clearly inspired by it.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 22, 2012, 17:06 Fion

Nice to see Guild Wars 2 move up. Still going strong  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 15, 2012, 14:48 Fion

Dell to continue offering Windows 7 after launch of Windows 8.

And so it begins.

News Comments > New U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: New U.K. Sales Charts Oct 15, 2012, 14:43 Fion

I'll be picking up Dishonored sometime soon, the buzz is just to much to be ignored.

Glad to see GW2 is still selling strong as well.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 14, 2012, 14:44 Fion

What a fall for gaming. It started with Guild Wars 2 in late August and has only grown from there. Steam top 5 attests, it is a great fall for gaming.  

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
13. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 14:35 Fion

TL2 > D3 in every conceivable way.

It's funny because before they both hit I would never have dreamed that would be true. TL1 was good, but it was no Diablo 2. Oh how the tables have turned.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 8, 2012, 23:29 Fion

To each their own Ozmodan. I'm not much of an LoL fan but I do enjoy watching tourneys for other games. Watching the most skilled players in the world do amazing things you didn't realize were possible as they battle for supremacy can be more exciting than you'd think.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 8, 2012, 14:55 Fion

Not just cheating, intermittent power and internet connectivity issues, teams were not in a booth so they could see the big screen, had sun shining on their own screens apparently.

I have a friend who was there. He said it was absolutely horrid. They had to start over several matches because of issues and over six hours had only about 3 'completed' matches. Riot majorly dropped the ball.

Interestingly they wouldn't have had any of these issues if they weren't trying to further monetize the game by hosting the competition at an outdoor open venue.

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
26. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 13:27 Fion

The article notes;

for reference, Blizzard’s Wrath of the Lich King add-on sold 2.8 million and Cataclysm sold 3.3 million in a similar period of time.

This isn't true. LK sold 2.8 million in 24 hours, Cata sold 3.3 million is 24 hours. So you can pretty up the numbers all you like, this still is a disappointment in the boardroom.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2012, 13:34.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
33. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 19:23 Fion

Well there are a lot of great games out atm, so it makes sense that less folks are on GW2 right now. Between MoP (meh.. imho), Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, FTL and with XCom: EU next week, it's a busy time for all gamers. But I think that explains why some numbers have dropped on like Xfire.

That said, I still log in about every day for an hour or two, more on weekends. Servers are still packed, some are full on primetime, so the game isn't dying by any means. My guild has thinned a fair bit but I think that again is do more to the recent fantastic game releases (IMHO best September in years!) I think once things slow down I'll start seeing a lot of guildies online again.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 2, 2012, 13:49 Fion

All this because Apple is still pissed that Samsung is kicking their ass in the US.  

News Comments > The Sims 3 Patch
3. Re: The Sims 3 Patch Sep 29, 2012, 17:19 Fion

I've said for a while that Sims 3 is the buggiest game ever made. I cant verify that but personal experience shows that to be true. When they make the next one (and you know they will), they need to build the engine from scratch.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2012, 14:34.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
50. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 16:14 Fion

Normally a new WoW expansion gives me that little bug until I pick it up. Pandaria oddly hasn't what so ever. I don't know if it's the new asian or kid focus, or that WoW hasn't been any fun since TBC. Then again with GW2, TL2, BL2 and others, who has the time?

I have a few friends who are picking this up and still play WoW. But not because it's fun, because they feel if they quit, they'll have wasted $6+ grand in subscription fees, character transfers, pets, plushies, expansions, etc for 5+ accounts between my buddy, his wife and eldest son.

The rest of my friends and I are playing GW2 mostly, and having entirely to much fun. That WoW playing friend refuses to try the game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 20, 2012, 12:15 Fion

Oooh the nightmare of complexity and problems PC users have. It's horrible! lol.. the misconceptions of mac users really are funny. My recommendation to this guy? Get a PC. Don't like Microsofts image sharing software? Then buy one of the myriad third party programs that fits your likes and needs better instead of being forced to use Apples shitty software.

I'm with you eRe4s3r. Drives me nuts as well.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2012, 12:21.

3021 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo