Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3098 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > UK Sales Charts
7. Re: UK Sales Charts Jun 17, 2013, 19:52 Fion

I'm seriously considering picking up a PS4 when it hits, I'm an exclusive PC gamer so this is an odd consideration from my part. PC will always be my main gaming machine but with a PS4 I can play some of the great PS3/4 exclusive titles that have hit. The Last of Us being a prime example.

Plus I have friends and family who have a PS3/are getting a PS4 so I could play some games with them because only one has a decent PC for gaming.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 16:56 Fion

Called Planetary Annihilation being top 10. Nostalgia can be a potent tool for makin $.  

News Comments > World of Darkness Details Reset?
2. Re: World of Darkness Details Reset? Jun 14, 2013, 22:03 Fion

I'm more a V:tR fan and disappointed the game is based in V:tM which I enjoyed but feel isn't nearly as good. Still, I'm looking forward to the game and mostly just one a big world of darkness to RP in.  

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
5. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 14, 2013, 20:58 Fion

More and more I'm seeing games on steam people are paying $30-50 for an ALPHA version of games that barely even works and more often than not it's a 'sequel or spiritual successor' to some classic title. That the price would continue to rise as more and more idiots buy into these things based solely on their own nostalgia, is not unexpected. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if this sold like hotcakes.  

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
15. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 14:54 Fion

My god the FoV looks like it's set to 40!  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced
22. Re: Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced Jun 11, 2013, 17:07 Fion

Loved the first game. I know it didn't do well or review well and people ragged on it's short single player, but I got a tun of gameplay out of it post-story. Learning all the tricks you never need in the base game, trying to get on the speed run lists, times missions. Was a great deal of fun.  

News Comments > South Park The Stick of Truth Trailer
9. Re: South Park The Stick of Truth Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 17:00 Fion

Ah the infamous boy's bathroom in the south park school.

Can't f'in wait for this game. Uplay does kinda suck, but it's still better than Origin!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 10:07 Fion

Yea I'm checking this out. I'm hoping it's not P2P because I'm over that shit, and it'd have to be simply mindblowing for me to pay to play again.

I'm a little worried because afaik it has not been playable at any convention to date, even with a release date barely six months away. I was playing GW2 at Pax East two years before it even hit, 40 minutes a go.

Edit: Apprently it will be playable at Gamescom in August (the biggest gaming convention in the western world). Still if they have been unwilling to let people play it this close to launch, that worries me.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2013, 17:11 Fion

I've picked up playing Civ V again. I have G&K + all DLC, just getting back into the swing of things for Brave New World, having a lot of fun. I grabbed an awesome total conversion off the workshop, A Mod of Ice & Fire (G&K Ed), for non-book readers that's Game of Thrones.

*SPOILER*
The scenario is just after King Baratheon has died, the war has begun. You can play the lead of the major houses, game stops after Renaissance era, cities of Essos and minor houses are city states. My current game is of course Robb Stark, late-Medieval and yes, the Lannisters have been wiped off the face of Westeros. ;)

News Comments > Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale
4. Re: Brave New World Jun 6, 2013, 22:24 Fion

Krovven wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 21:27:
Civ5 Brave New World on GMG Use GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA for additional 20% off.

Thank you! Totally looking forward to the next expansion on this amazingly addictive title.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 15:42 Fion

The show portrayed this major moment rather well in my opinion. It didn't, couldn't, have the emotional resonance that the book has but it was still obviously a shock to a great many people. Perhaps in further episodes it will be explained why violence at a wedding, after breaking bread is considered such a terrible thing, as the show, unlike the book, never hinted to that.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2013, 16:02.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
33. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 15:33 Fion

I see a mention of the next consoles having 8g of memory, but isn't that 'shared' memory? IE memory used as both system RAM and video card memory. That isn't remotely the same thing as 8g of dedicated vram.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 28, 2013, 20:03 Fion

Yea for once I don't have practically every game on the list.  

News Comments > SimCity Expands
2. Re: SimCity Expands May 28, 2013, 19:41 Fion

Game has IMHO a crazy number of people playing it still who haven't followed the drama and never use forums, etc and continue to play it. I have no doubt the 'amusement park set' will sell like mad.

I agree, city size is so damn small you are forced to specialize as it is. There's no way in hell anyone could fit an amusement park into an existing city without wiping out some other industry.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
3. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 28, 2013, 19:38 Fion

Called it.

I had said multiple times previously on this forum that Titan was a casual game originally designed not to compete with WoW but either was or will be mothballed and its assets used in a new MMOG that would essentially replace WoW.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 12:45 Fion

Oh Microsoft I can't thank you enough. Every day I get on bluesnews and laugh a little harder thanks to your shenanigans! I'll really miss it when this epic fail in progress comes to a satisfyingly funny conclusion.  

News Comments > Terraria Content Update Plans
15. Re: Terraria Content Update Plans May 24, 2013, 12:40 Fion

ItBurn wrote on May 24, 2013, 11:26:
After "completing" the game twice, I have absolutely ZERO interest in replaying this. Regardless of new content. But it's a great game. Kinda like a 2D minecraft, but it's much more focused on combat and exploration rather than building. In fact, building SUCKS if you ask me.

Yea for a Minecraft type game the building never was all that great. I usually would build some simple stacked homes for the NPCs and my character and was done with it. Thankfully Starbound seems to have heavily revamped building making it both easier and more fluid.

I'll def play this update, but I'll be thinking 'Starbound' the whole time. Despite the feature creep, the game really is shaping up. Hope we see beta soon.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
126. Re: More Big Picture Details May 21, 2013, 19:22 Fion

The way the MS statement is worded, specifically 'our internet' suggests as well that owners will have to pay them to access the internet ala the 360.

And Beamer, I'm rather surprised they even went with that big a HD. After all they make a fortune selling 60gb xbox 360 HD's for $90.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 15, 2013, 20:03 Fion

Am I the only one who remembers the 'demo' for Killzone 2 for 'next gen' consoles back when the current consoles were in the works? It blew everyone's mind until the developers were all but forced to reveal it was just CG. Deja Vu anyome?  

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
23. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 12:23 Fion

I've played around with the game a little bit here or there since the disastrous launch. A few new features are nice but largely little has changed. My largest problem (beyond no single-player/no lan) is the absolutely horrid loot design. Gear is boring and in a game that is all about phat loot, that's a death knell. How the hell did Blizzard design this game, make a gear system even more boring than WoWs, and think it would be fine. I don't give a shit if it's 'cool looking'. If the stats are always the same 3-5 things in 'every' item from level 1- 60, I'm not going to give a fuck.

Apparently they are 'looking into' the loot system but at Blizzard speed that means 'we'll fix itemization in the 2015 expansion.'

3098 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo