Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3104 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 00:02 Fion

And so it begins.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row IV Video
2. Re: Saints Row IV Video Jun 28, 2013, 23:37 Fion

Yea I preordered there myself. Nice deal. Cant wait  

News Comments > Free Space Pirates and Zombies Weekend
2. Re: Free Space Pirates and Zombies Weekend Jun 28, 2013, 01:00 Fion

Takes quite a while to get any of the interesting ships or find the interesting sectors but it is a big open game and a lot of fun.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 25, 2013, 15:32 Fion

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_760_sli_review,1.html

There ya go

The SLI seems very good, nearly doubling performance and putting the 760 SLI $500 right up in the top bracket 780/7990 cards. Within 10% performance for $150 less, sounds like a good deal to me.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2013, 15:38.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 22, 2013, 13:48 Fion

Teddy wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 23:05:
Love the game and the little addons they keep tossing in. The only thing that irks me is that the story dungeons for these events are only open for a short time.

There really should be some way to access them again after the event is finished, like connecting it to the fractals or something.

That's not a bad idea. Some of the temporary content has been awesome, like the Frost & Flame dungeon, really enjoyable. It'd be sweet if they connected it to Fractals. Items and recipes only available there like jeweler Azurite Orbs & accessories are so hard to find, if that dungeon was added as a Fractal it wouldn't be such a pain.

I personally I'm a fan of the temporary content system they are using because it means I can get unique equipment pieces that are only available for a short time, which makes my character feel more unique in a game without traditional gear advancement. The RNG can be a pain as well. I've personally been lucky, I spent about $10 and opened about 100 green dragon chests and gotten 2 dragon skin tickets & two Risen Knight Minis, but I have friends who've done far more and got nothing out of it (yet). But I'd most def like to see some of the better dungeons find their way into Fractals.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2013, 13:57.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 21, 2013, 13:40 Fion

I can see how Analysts think the PS4 is going to win, at least initially. Anyone that does any amount of research quickly discovers that the PS4 is more powerful, $100 less, backwards compatible and isn't trying to be a home entertainment center in one.  

News Comments > UK Sales Charts
7. Re: UK Sales Charts Jun 17, 2013, 19:52 Fion

I'm seriously considering picking up a PS4 when it hits, I'm an exclusive PC gamer so this is an odd consideration from my part. PC will always be my main gaming machine but with a PS4 I can play some of the great PS3/4 exclusive titles that have hit. The Last of Us being a prime example.

Plus I have friends and family who have a PS3/are getting a PS4 so I could play some games with them because only one has a decent PC for gaming.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 16:56 Fion

Called Planetary Annihilation being top 10. Nostalgia can be a potent tool for makin $.  

News Comments > World of Darkness Details Reset?
2. Re: World of Darkness Details Reset? Jun 14, 2013, 22:03 Fion

I'm more a V:tR fan and disappointed the game is based in V:tM which I enjoyed but feel isn't nearly as good. Still, I'm looking forward to the game and mostly just one a big world of darkness to RP in.  

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
5. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 14, 2013, 20:58 Fion

More and more I'm seeing games on steam people are paying $30-50 for an ALPHA version of games that barely even works and more often than not it's a 'sequel or spiritual successor' to some classic title. That the price would continue to rise as more and more idiots buy into these things based solely on their own nostalgia, is not unexpected. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if this sold like hotcakes.  

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
15. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 14:54 Fion

My god the FoV looks like it's set to 40!  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced
22. Re: Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced Jun 11, 2013, 17:07 Fion

Loved the first game. I know it didn't do well or review well and people ragged on it's short single player, but I got a tun of gameplay out of it post-story. Learning all the tricks you never need in the base game, trying to get on the speed run lists, times missions. Was a great deal of fun.  

News Comments > South Park The Stick of Truth Trailer
9. Re: South Park The Stick of Truth Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 17:00 Fion

Ah the infamous boy's bathroom in the south park school.

Can't f'in wait for this game. Uplay does kinda suck, but it's still better than Origin!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 10:07 Fion

Yea I'm checking this out. I'm hoping it's not P2P because I'm over that shit, and it'd have to be simply mindblowing for me to pay to play again.

I'm a little worried because afaik it has not been playable at any convention to date, even with a release date barely six months away. I was playing GW2 at Pax East two years before it even hit, 40 minutes a go.

Edit: Apprently it will be playable at Gamescom in August (the biggest gaming convention in the western world). Still if they have been unwilling to let people play it this close to launch, that worries me.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2013, 17:11 Fion

I've picked up playing Civ V again. I have G&K + all DLC, just getting back into the swing of things for Brave New World, having a lot of fun. I grabbed an awesome total conversion off the workshop, A Mod of Ice & Fire (G&K Ed), for non-book readers that's Game of Thrones.

*SPOILER*
The scenario is just after King Baratheon has died, the war has begun. You can play the lead of the major houses, game stops after Renaissance era, cities of Essos and minor houses are city states. My current game is of course Robb Stark, late-Medieval and yes, the Lannisters have been wiped off the face of Westeros. ;)

News Comments > Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale
4. Re: Brave New World Jun 6, 2013, 22:24 Fion

Krovven wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 21:27:
Civ5 Brave New World on GMG Use GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA for additional 20% off.

Thank you! Totally looking forward to the next expansion on this amazingly addictive title.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 15:42 Fion

The show portrayed this major moment rather well in my opinion. It didn't, couldn't, have the emotional resonance that the book has but it was still obviously a shock to a great many people. Perhaps in further episodes it will be explained why violence at a wedding, after breaking bread is considered such a terrible thing, as the show, unlike the book, never hinted to that.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2013, 16:02.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
33. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 15:33 Fion

I see a mention of the next consoles having 8g of memory, but isn't that 'shared' memory? IE memory used as both system RAM and video card memory. That isn't remotely the same thing as 8g of dedicated vram.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 28, 2013, 20:03 Fion

Yea for once I don't have practically every game on the list.  

News Comments > SimCity Expands
2. Re: SimCity Expands May 28, 2013, 19:41 Fion

Game has IMHO a crazy number of people playing it still who haven't followed the drama and never use forums, etc and continue to play it. I have no doubt the 'amusement park set' will sell like mad.

I agree, city size is so damn small you are forced to specialize as it is. There's no way in hell anyone could fit an amusement park into an existing city without wiping out some other industry.

3104 Comments. 156 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo