Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3072 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
15. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 12:49 Fion

Given the huge success of Skyrim I wouldn't doubt if it's the next TES. (Come-on Elsweyr!) Not that we'll see it before 2015 mind. And if it's FO4, I just hope they put a little more into it than they did with FO3 which I found myself mildly disappointed. New Vegas was just on the whole so much better.

And yes, now the mods can settle. I'm already using a crazy amount of them but I'm sure many more amazing ones will see the light of day before the next TES.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2013, 15:13 Fion

Skyrim is one of the better games I've played in ages. I have over 350 hours into the game, and I generally will pick it up for a month, play the hell out of it, drop it for a few others as new games come out, etc.

I've hardly done the main storyline (I just finished Diplomatic Immunity on my main char). I've barely touched the DLC. I have two chars, one in the upper 50's another in the 20s and I do different content with each. Companions, Thieves Guild, Bard's College, Stormcloaks. I've barely touched any of that save Companions which I've completed. On my other, Dark Brotherhood, Imperials, College of Winterhold, Coven of Namira.

Combine that with the hundreds of amazing mods that broaden and expand upon the game itself and you get one of those amazing games that never seem to end and you recommend to all your friends.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month
25. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 17:43 Fion

Yea Titan will probably be officially announced. Early word was that Titan was a casual game, but I think that has changed. It was initially (according to reports) because Acti/Blizz didn't want it to suck subscribers from WoW. However, I think it's been in development for ages because now that WoW has been losing subs hand over first they aren't as worried and probably heavily reworked Titan to make it WoW's replacement.

On a personal level I'm not expecting much from Titan. It'll undoubtedly be pay 2 play and I can't see myself ever paying a $15 a month fee every again after GW2, unless the game is absolutely stunningly good. It's why I haven't paid much attention to TESO, it's reportedly P2P.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2013, 17:50.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released
6. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 01:21 Fion

I'm personally glad I got the season pass. I've enjoyed the DLC released so far. It hasn't been quite so good as BL1 stuff but still good. This is minor, the JUNE DLC will supposedly by the biggest they've ever done, and it'll be free to season pass purchasers. I cant wait.  

News Comments > Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter
15. Re: Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Apr 2, 2013, 20:16 Fion

Bosanac wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 18:30:
No, GW2 doesn't have a 'hold' on 3 realm RvR. Its a half assed, poorly executed, no metagame ripoff of DAoC.

I'm going to assume you haven't played any GW2 WvW in some time. These days people bitch about there being to much meta lol.

News Comments > Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter
10. Re: Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Apr 2, 2013, 17:18 Fion

People have rose colored classes when it comes to DAoC's PvP. Everyone remembers the good times but nobody seems to remember the mass pbaoe stun zergs and the constant nerfing that went on, some classes even being completely altered. I could never stand playing the game more than a month or two at the time because of it. The term Flavor of the Month wasn't coined in DAoC without reason.

I also think Mark Jacobs got a bit to puffed up with WAR, though perhaps that game has also taught him a lesson in humility. Time will tell.

News Comments > April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 1
26. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 1 Apr 1, 2013, 15:49 Fion

Yea my guilds been having a freaking blast playing the Super Adventure Fun Box. Anet is running it on the official twitch channel atm for those who want to see what it's all about. Think guild wars 2 with a dash April fools goofiness and a heavy dose of 8 bit gaming nostalgia. SAFB is sticking around for the whole of the month so if you can't get to it today, no biggy.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Mar 28, 2013, 16:15 Fion

"Installing (Origin) on my computer felt like leaving a child of my own at a Jonestown daycare center."

LMAO! That has to be the funniest thing he's said in any review in the last year.

I consider Simcity akin to Spore in my experiences. Very hyped, exciting features and early gameplay was interesting but it all quickly devolved into mindless, broken, dumbed down crap that was a shadow of what it could have been. It bothers me that both also happen to be an EA game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite
68. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 27, 2013, 00:17 Fion

Sepharo wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 21:28
uick someone find something wrong (other than lack of quicksave) and stop me from spending 60 bucks! [/quote:

You asked for it. I have one major problem with the game, design wise. The whole tonics/weapons system seems to have been dumbed down. One thing I truly enjoyed about the original was the sheer variety of customization there was. Augments for weapons, several ammo types per weapon, interchangeable tonics that you could really alter gameplay with, you name it.

With Infinate, you basically have static tonics and 4 item 'slots' with items you can put in them to customize your char a little, adding damage here, defense there, boosting weapons or powers. It's a far cry from the original, and I don't think I'll replay it any time soon because there doesn't really seem to be a reason, other than taking different story choices (that don't seem to matter at all). Mind, I haven't beat the game but I figure if I'm 6 hours in and there isn't any real customization, there isn't going to be any.

Thankfully I am really enjoying the story, the setting, the combat in general is well done. The new tonics are fun to use, though the weapons are beyond generic which is a huge change from Bioshocks awesome customizable weapons. But the lack of customization brings my score from a possible 9 to an 8 or so. Best game of the year so far, but IMHO there were a dozen games last year just as good or better.

News Comments > Guild Wars II - Flame and Frost: The Razing Live
4. Re: Guild Wars II - Flame and Frost: The Razing Live Mar 27, 2013, 00:07 Fion

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 21:23:
The problem with these sorts of updates is you never know what it actually brings in term of content or the wheres and hows of it. I really wish they'd stop with the piecemeal stuff and just do proper expansions with all new content to check out.

Oh but that's the fun. Finding the new stuff. It's not like it's hard to find either. The patch notes say 'go here and talk to x person' and that's all you really need to know. This patch was largely focused on WvW rather than PvE. That said I've done one of the two new big missions, was really fun.

Oh and there is a dedicated expansions team. So it's not an either/or kind of thing. Though I to am getting eager to hear what that team might be working on. I don't expect an expansion for probably a year, but who knows. Maybe at E3 we'll hear something. We are just now getting into the expo season so.. cross your fingers heh. I personally hope for Cantha!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite
55. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 19:45 Fion

I'm a number of hours in now, having lots of fun. I don't think it's the best game in years (I think there were a dozen games last year alone just as good) and I don't think its as good as Bioshock 1, but it's still the best game in a so-far rather disappointing year.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Mar 20, 2013, 15:28 Fion

I agree with others on here. I feel jipped when I pay $60 for a game that lasts me 3 hours plus another $20 for DLC that maybe adds another hour. I can see a 3 hour movie for $5 after all (I live in a small town). If games have to be padded to add a couple more hours, then I feel that is just bad design in the first place.

I don't expect every game to have 300 hours of content. Singleplayer shooters aren't going to be huge games. But I avoid 3-5 hour games at full price, though will definitely pick them up on sale.

And I have experienced 'padded' games. The latest AC for example had tuns of content that was just a repeat. The same fetch quests over and over, kill the same badguys over and over. But I don't feel that was padding to extend a game that would have been short, but rather padding to fill in the content on a game they wanted to kick out the door as fast as possible.

There have been short games I felt I got my moneys worth, Limbo for example. And other games folks reported to be real short that I found not short at all because of how engrossed I was. For example Dishonored. Folks run through that in a matter of hours but I enjoyed exploring and trying different options, I ran through the whole game three times to experience it in different ways. So while for some it may have been a 4 hour game, for me it lasted dozens of hours because I was immersed and having a blast. I have 33 hours played and that includes zero DLC.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2013, 22:36 Fion

Since when are people paying $40 to play an Alpha game? Am I missing something here? People bitch about paying for a game that 'might as well be Beta'. Now everyones forking over $40 for an ALPHA GAME?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 11, 2013, 15:48 Fion

Haha I invite anyone who thought the broadband situation in the UK is terrible to spend one month in the US using our typical Broadband via Time Warner Cable or Comcast.

I guarantee you'll go home a month later and never bitch about your telecom situation ever again.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Mar 11, 2013, 15:39 Fion

If anyone thinks videogames aren't or cant be art, I point you to the website of one Daniel Dociu, my favorite artist. He works for ArenaNet.

http://www.tinfoilgames.com/

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2013, 13:58 Fion

I went with a Logitech G700 to replace my old mouse. Couldn't be happier. Button placement is perfect, there are enough that I can do a lot of work without ever touching the keyboard and for gaming, I've never owned better.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Yellowbook Mar 6, 2013, 14:22 Fion

Yet another 20th century company fighting to stay alive in a 21st century that no longer needs them.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 4, 2013, 15:20 Fion

GW2 jumps back into the top 5. I knew there'd been a big influx of newbs lately, as well as folks returning from other games. My server's been packed.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailers; Details
19. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailers; Details Mar 4, 2013, 15:19 Fion

Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 13:20:

AC3 sold tons more copies than any other AC game, so odds are that they haven't.

Creston

That's because its #3, and represents the end of the story line. Same with Crysis 3 even though that game was shit it has sold like hotcakes.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2013, 22:37 Fion

PHJF wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 14:45:
Steam has Civ V Gold (includes Gods & Kings and all the other micro dlcs) for $12.50...

Wow, that's a STEAL! I already have everything for the game but wow.

3072 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo