Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3100 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 21, 2014, 19:39 Fion

On a side note, don't buy Alienware. You pay a premium for the cheapest parts they can find.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 21, 2014, 13:06 Fion

Patch up! Lets go kick Scarlets ass people!

Scotty if your having trouble with ranger, try out different weapons. Like all classes, the different weapons can radically change up how the profession plays. Also try out different pets.

My ranger (lvl 28) uses shortbow & 2h sword. I like using a Devourer with my shortbow because their specialty is a ranged bleed which combos well with the showbow autoattack Crossfire and #4 skill Crippling Shot which bleeds & cripples and makes your pets next 3 attacks inflict Bleeding. Used together I can quickly get 10 stacks of bleed along with cripple, poison, etc. I tend to use pet buffing utility skills like the Signet of the Wild, Signet of the Hunt and Battle Roar.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 21, 2014, 12:06 Fion

Engineer along with Elementalist are the two most difficult professions in the game (with sub-80 Mesmer being a close 3rd). A good player is handy and often gets into dungeons, WvW, etc but there aren't that many good Engi's or Eles. That said they are both very fun.

Necromancers 'can' be played by just watching your minions and backing them up but they are also really good at burst dps and condition builds, which I personally find quite fun.

Mesmers are as I've said, one of the toughest professions to play at lower levels but once they come into their own, they rival the Elementalist for pure fun.

Can't wait for the patch, looks like it's gonna be an awesome one.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: HBO Jan 17, 2014, 11:07 Fion

I'm planning on getting a low-key Steam Box for streaming from PC to TV. I'd get HBO but I don't have cable and the company that serves my area (TWC) doesn't offer HBO with their most basic package. So I guess I'll continue to pirate it until HBO wakes up and realize how many customers they are losing without a pay subscription of their own. I know, it isn't that simple. But if they want to stay ahead of the movement toward streaming, that is causing companies like TWC to lose subscribers hand over first, they need to get with the times.  

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
15. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 10:59 Fion

The first expansion was actually the best in my opinion, though it's somewhat flawed, I left some time after Northrend.

I do have, if I remember right, a whole bunch of chars not at level cap so this would probably excite me. That is if it weren't for that niggling detail that I play GW2 and get a bunch of generally very well done content every other week for free and that woke me up to realizing that spending $15 a month to sit in queues and still having to pay for most of the new content was simply a bad choice on my part.
No MMOG will ever rope me into that again, which is why my hype for the next series of MMOGs that charge a monthly fee (even though I'm in beta for both) is remarkably low.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week Jan 15, 2014, 12:12 Fion

I don't know when you last played Verno, but the necro has seen some pretty big improvements over the last half year or so. And yea, the content hits so fast that if you take a few months away (which I absolutely have during the summer and then again around the holidays as all the new games hit), it can feel like you've missed a lot. But it's rather refreshing compared to a few P2P MMOGs I could mention that feel they barely advance at all between expansion releases.

I'm pretty hyped for this next patch, and the conclusion of Scarlet's arc. Gonna be epic.

News Comments > LOTRO License Renewed
11. Re: LOTRO License Renewed Jan 15, 2014, 01:20 Fion

I loved the hell out of this game in every way accept the combat itself. Sadly combat is really the only content that matters when it comes to seeing all the cool areas of the game. If you don't enjoy it, you miss out on most of the game.

I wish they had given a less combat-focused advancement alternative because if I could have leveled from crafting, exploring and RP'ing I would probably still be playing. Of course today I'm much more used to active combat from GW2, being able to move, dodge, cast while moving. I simply cannot go back to WoW style combat, let alone the even more subdued LotR combat.

News Comments > Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming
5. Re: Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming Jan 15, 2014, 01:15 Fion

I don't think anyone's doing anything but messing around at the moment. I have been clearing my backlog while I wait. Oh and finally hitting 500 hours played on Skyrim. Woot!  

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 Next Month
7. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 Next Month Jan 15, 2014, 00:39 Fion

It plays much the same as Walking Dead but is a little more action oriented and Telltale has refined their methods and style even more. Whether you prefer one over the other is individual opinion. I loved the hell out of Walking Dead S1 (I am not a fan of the show either, but I've loved the comics over the years).

Ep 1 was hella-good, so I'm super excited to get Ep2.

News Comments > Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough
6. Re: Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough Jan 9, 2014, 19:47 Fion

Glad to see Ragnar Tornquist is behind this. He lead the development of the first two after all. Looking forward to it.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 2, 2014, 14:10 Fion

Bioshock Infinite GotY? Eh. Besides a thought provoking ending and a decently interesting story, the gameplay was pretty blah.  

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
15. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 30, 2013, 12:57 Fion

I'm willing to bed it's significantly more than 3.25m sold to PC. After all doesn't that site only track physical sales? I mean there are 700k people playing it right now on steam and it's barely mid-day on a Monday. No way 1/5 of all purchasers are playing it right now! That never happens in a long-term game like an MMOG two years after launch (and a year after any official content release), let alone a single player RPG.

I don't really care what the actual number is, the fact that it still sells this fast 2+ years after launch has to make both Steam and Bethesda very happy. I do agree, a large part of that is thanks to the Modding community, which has made this game amazing. I do agree - if you haven't played Skyrim modded, you haven't played Skyrim.

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 28, 2013, 17:41 Fion

IMHO Bioshock: Infinite wasn't all the great. Besides the solid ending and fun story and characters, the combat was real samey through-out, the gunplay was loose, the customization options completely lacked the depth and variety of Bioshock. I spend most the game going 'when does this get good?' For a story-driven narrative it was pretty solid, everything else was mediocre.

My GotY is a tough call. Some of my favorites include The Stanley Parable, while short is amazing. Tomb Raider (2013) was easily my favorite action/adventure. Starbound my favorite Indie in a year with a number of great ones. Payday 2 is one of my top played of the year and an amazing mp/co-op. I haven't enjoyed a hack & slash/beat 'em up in ages but DMC is a blast. All in all it's been a pretty damn good year for gaming.

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 27, 2013, 14:15 Fion

Starbound Indie of the Year 2013. They gotta be happy about that. It is indeed a great game even at this early stage. Something about it I find it even better than Terraria (though with far less content at this point).  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2013, 17:14 Fion

Certainly beta. "Extremely short on content' hasn't stopped me and my friends from logging about 20 hours since the 3rd. We haven't even taken on the first boss yet! Just exploring the first few planets, gearing up to iron/silver and enjoying the hell out of the dungeons. So far we've found a prison that was tough as nails but fun, and a sewer dungeon complete with mud monsters and poisonous sewage water lol.

I'm looking forward to the big patch, even if wipes all our chars and progress. 10 levels instead of 100 makes me think 'dumbed down' but that's just the MMO player in me. They aren't actually changing content any.

One of the biggest features I want in the game is the ability to add personal logs, to name planets and life forms so that I can see my actual influence on my servers galaxy.

Game is a hell of a lot of fun and already there's plenty enough reason to spend hours and hours exploring every planet you go to. This early in the beta I cannot imagine what kind of stuff is yet to come.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2013, 17:19.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Trailer
1. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Trailer Dec 8, 2013, 17:08 Fion

Console tutorial on screen. :/

Still, looking forward to it. To any one who caught the end of the Black Friday trilogy, it was hilarious how they ended talking about how video games have ruined kids imagination and then went on to pimp their own title and even lambaste their own lack of a release date.

"Screw video games dude, who needs 'em? Fuck 'em!'

News Comments > Thief and The Witcher 3 Trailers
4. Re: Thief and The Witcher 3 Trailers Dec 8, 2013, 17:04 Fion

I own Witcher 2 (got it in a bundle I believe) but have yet to play it. I never finished the first and have wanted to but it's some ways down the backlog. I'm sure I'll get to them during the 'dry season' after new years.  

News Comments > The Division Engine Trailer
6. Re: The Division Engine Trailer Dec 8, 2013, 16:59 Fion

The engine is indeed quite nice and the game seems pretty cool. Got a bunch of buds all looking forward to this one for co-op.

No Man's Sky does look pretty damned impression Half Elf.

News Comments > Elijah Wood Joins Broken Age
2. Re: Elijah Wood Joins Broken Age Dec 8, 2013, 16:47 Fion

I'm pretty excited about this one, nice to see another talented actor involved.  

News Comments > Game of Thrones Confirmed
7. Re: Game of Thrones Confirmed Dec 8, 2013, 16:42 Fion

Telltale has gotten real good at what they do lately. With the right writing I'm pretty sure this will be awesome. With the success of Walking Dead (Season 2 just around the corner!) and a great start with Wolf Among Us Ep1, I am pretty hyped about this.  

3100 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo