Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3129 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
75. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 21:48 Fion

Yea it's a hell of a lot more fun than it was at launch. I was lucky enough to get a very nice Mirrorball on my mage, an item that causes Magic Missile to split into 3 bolts at full damage each. So I'm building my character around maximizing that spell and using arcane magic and man is it fun.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
4. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 3, 2014, 18:08 Fion

SHWEEET!

Thief is enjoyable, if with some issues. But it's no dishonored. I'd like to see this at the end of the year I also hope they take their time making it as top shelf as the original.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 1, 2014, 15:35 Fion

"The Federal Communications Commission is considering whether to approve Comcast's $45 billion purchase of its smaller rival."

lmao... rival? Hardly.

Doesn't matter who comes out saying it's a bad deal for America. Every one of us knows that 2-5 years after agreeing to it, everyone who had a vote at the FCC will 'retire' to cushy 7 figure payoffs jobs at Comcast.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 15:01 Fion

I find thief pretty enjoyable. Is it as good as The Dark Project? No, but it's worth the $33 I payed.

That said, it's no Dishonored. What a dynamite game that was. I cannot wait to see what the studio does next.. hopefully a sequel lol.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
14. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 18:18 Fion

So a retexture on an item already in beta and a character for a game that's probably 2 years from release for an extra $20? No thank you.

For the record Loot 2.0 is really quite well done. It's still not quite to par with D2 + LoD loot system, but it is a dramatic improvement. The expansion is quite good. The story isn't all that awesome and it's only about 3 hours long, but Adventure Mode makes it worth it.

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
3. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 19:57 Fion

Thankfully 2.01 condenses the crafting mats. Lets mats, more stacks, very nice.

And yea, like in a WoW expansion, you'll be replacing most of your gear inside an hour lol.

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
1. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 17:58 Fion

Hope 2.01 hits this week. I want to play with some friends who don't want to get on the PTR to do it. 2.01 is easily best patch since launch and Reaper of Souls adds a lot of new content, though the story only 2-3 hours long  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 12:53 Fion

Wow that was pretty fast. Just weeks after Net Neutrality goes down. I would have thought they would have bided their time before fucking over Netflix (and their own subscribers) since the FCC is watching closely.  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
15. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 12:49 Fion

Pre-release reviews almost always slant toward the good side. 71% is pretty bad for pre-release reviews IMHO. I think I'll wait to see what TotalBiscuit or Angry Joe have to say about the game before I consider picking it up.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2014, 16:24 Fion

Yea Men's slalom was brutal, but then again a lot of events have been. The course creators absolutely do work to make the difficulty as high as possible for the simple reason that it's the Olympics and the peak of competition.

Farscape.. spinoff..movie. Am I seeing this right? If they could get some of the magic that made that show the best scifi series 'ever', I'd see this in a heartbeat.

Heroes returning is pretty sweet too. First season of that show was awesome. So many TV shows that start great should just have been a miniseries. So I think they are going in the right direction with this one.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys
9. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys Feb 22, 2014, 21:41 Fion

Me too, my backlog packed with larger titles I want to finish, like Witcher 1/2. But I'll get to it sooner or later lol.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 19, 2014, 15:40 Fion

Yea perhaps a half an hour would be better, you could do dailies and such in that time.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 19, 2014, 13:26 Fion

I haven't had a chance to log in yet but I'm so excited to. I'll have some free time this evening so I'll try it then.

A lot of folks complained about the every 2 hour thing (at least at first) so there has to be some kind of middle ground there. I think anything in the 'once an hour' range is good for the casuals like myself who only really have a few hours over the work week to log in and try the new stuff. I barely got involved in the last patch because every time I had an extra hour here, half our there.. the events weren't running.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
15. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 13:15 Fion

As Descender said, the new loot system makes finding high quality loot for your build much.. much easier. Not only are drops much more likely to be useful, but the new crafter gives you the ability to customize the stats in some ways.

I'm actually in Beta for this and while the story isn't that great, the gameplay is a 180 from D3 at release and very much fun. As to damage, just like when WoW gets an expansion, expect a pretty high amount of power creep. Even just loot 2.0 sans expansion, you'll be throwing out all your best 1.x gear within an hour.

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Signups
15. Re: Titanfall Beta Signups Feb 12, 2014, 02:07 Fion

Am I the only one purposefully avoiding this game because it's sure to be pushed out the door as an unfinished mess because.. EA?  

News Comments > Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It
24. Re: Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It Feb 11, 2014, 07:16 Fion

Adr1ft.. really?  

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced
15. Re: SPAZ? Feb 7, 2014, 16:47 Fion

I never got too far in the original because of the grinding myself either. I hate grinding in MMOGs, so I wasn't about to do it in a single player title lol.

Be nice if SPAZ 2 included steam workshop support.

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
2. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Feb 5, 2014, 20:29 Fion

Queue the next wave of Alpha games that cost $60 and offer 4 features that somehow sell 1.5m copies in 3 days.  

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
10. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 23:04 Fion

PropheT wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 22:27:
Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 21:21:
I'm tired of monthly fees from anyone and everything. Seems like everyone has their hand in your pocket and wants to keep it in there month after month. And most of them don't even come close to warranting it.

Not that I disagree with that, because it's sadly true, but I prefer a monthly fee with MMO's. Free to play is far too often just a creative way to ensure that you spend more money on that "free" game than you would if you were paying a sub.

But, yeah. The way everything is monetized now it's just a personal preference of which method sucks the least.

I'm pretty damn sick of monthy fee MMOGs myself, but I can understand why people shy away from F2P. But there are a number of MMOGs that are very solid and F2P, without asking you to buy something every 30 seconds or gating content until you pay. One of the best right now of course is GW2, with it's agressive content schedule I find I am unable to spend money on a monthly fee to spend most my time sitting around in an MMOG waiting for randoms or for my raid to organize. That said, I have spent money in the game, probably about $130 over the last 1.5 years. (Do note that I'd have spent $270 in that time monthly payments) but by putting that choice to spend in my hand I feel that I spent less but I also feel more willing to spend. I have friends who play who haven't spent a wink over the $60 the box cost.

The recent trend, ala ESO, is monthly fee's with tuns of microtransactions. Asking me to buy something every 30 seconds AND charging me each month? GTFO!

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jan 31, 2014, 12:31 Fion

The only Youtuber critics I ever really trust are Totalbiscuit and Angry Joe because they are both more than willing to bash the fuck out of a game they think deserve it, and more often than not they are AAA releases like BF4.  

3129 Comments. 157 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo