Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3249 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video
7. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video Jun 20, 2015, 15:44 Fion

That 30fps hitching is annoying as hell. I'm sure it'll look and play better on PC.

I'm a big fan of Just Cause 2, I had so much crazy fun in that game. For those who couldn't get into it. Just Cause 2 is fun. Just Cause 2 with mods is amazingly fun! It 'was' DLC'd to hell and back with gun packs and new vehicles but absolutely none of it was absolutely necessary.

Looking forward to blowing shit up in this game. The new physics engine looks fantastic. I hope someone releases a 'longer tether' mod quickly.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2015, 15:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anarchy Online Testing New Engine
4. Re: Anarchy Online Testing New Engine Jun 20, 2015, 15:39 Fion

It did have a fantastic engine for its day and I agree, the dynamic weather was supreme for its time.

AO wasn't my first MMO (that was EQ) but it was definitely my favorite of the era. Formed a guild that has lasted to this day across gaming in general - 3305 Local, and many fast friends both in gaming and out. I formed a secret in that game that you may have been a member of if you main'd a Fixer, that still amazingly persists.

For those interested, the game also had a major patch fairly recently that changed up a lot of stuff, improved features and class mechanics.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash
28. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 15:32 Fion

Tumbler wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 15:16:
Since when is $50 for an expansion not the norm?

What?! When did $50 become normal for an expansion? I thought $40 was normal. *Doing some googling / amazoning* Hmm, I see warlords of dreadnor was $50 and now that I think about it those damned season passes for CoD and battlefield are $50...

Son of a bitch, it's common to pay $50 for expansions and season passes. ... If the content actually justified that price I'd be ok with it...

$50 is more than I personally would like to pay but those people bitching about it being too expensive, it's industry standard as you pointed out. As to if it is worth it, you have to consider as well the amount of free content that is likely to come along with that purchase. There's little doubt in my mind that the next Season story will mostly take place within the areas of the expansion as well as be a continuation of the story in the expansion itself.

If you consider future (free) content, the value may end up being well over that of your typical MMOG expansion.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash
21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 14:24 Fion

Am I the only one finds most of this argument rather contrived? Used to be when an expansion released that included the base game, the company was praised for it.

Since when is $50 for an expansion not the norm? How many of the people going ape shit over this used to pay $180 a year for WoW + $50 (or more) for a bi-yearly expansion and never had a second thought about the cost of it all?

Besides, how much control do you think Arenanet really has over pricing? NCSoft owns the company and makes most of the money from box and gem store sales. I think if they would just give a free character slot with that $50 purchase, this entire trumped up controversy would just disappear.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2015, 14:47 Fion

That's not too far fetched. One of my mother's cats is fast friends with the local dear, and he has the dear ticks to prove it.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
21. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 18, 2015, 14:42 Fion

'So expansive, even its creator's haven't seen everything' is the industry buzz-line for 'big open world game'.

I frankly found Fallout 3 to be somewhat disappointing. I enjoyed it and eventually beat it but it didn't have the spark of the old fallout games. Then of course New Vegas came out and it just blew 3 away in every respect.

E3 is all about the marketing, I don't believe a damn word or trailer that comes out of it. It's all fake, PR'd to hell and back and presented as 'actual console gameplay'. So as to how good Fallout 4 is, I'll decide that when I play it, no sooner.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Preorders
13. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of the Storm Preorders Jun 17, 2015, 14:41 Fion

$50 does seem a little steep, but do realize that includes the base game, which is really nice to see.

I've been playin GW2 off and on since release, I tend to take breaks in the summer (as I always have with gaming in general). The developers have done a very good job of releasing free content usually twice-monthly with an ongoing story. This last season (story-line) was particularly great. So yea, if you've been away from the game for a long time, you missed a great deal of content.

Although the new zones that came along with it are still fully available, and you can buy or turn your in-game money into gems to buy the Season 2 story. It's kind of a prequel to the events of the expansion so if your interest in knowing whats going on in the game word, they are worth the cost.

Now on to a lore question. Anyone else notice all the guild buildings are gold? Given the lore of the area, I wonder if the guild hall you can reclaim are ruins of Mursaat cities!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Survival Trailer
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Survival Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 14:57 Fion

So why are there no space missions when you can obviously fly Tie Fighters and X-Wings?

Oh yea.. cause EA wants you to pay extra for that.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
14. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 17:32 Fion

Never ever ever trust an E3 trailer. They in no way represent the graphics or gameplay of the final product.

That said I'm tentatively intrigued. I'm wondering why all the armor, weapons and technology looks the same if this is supposed to be 'long after the events of Mass Effect'.

Also are they just going to white wash the final events of ME3? How every intelligent species was basically stuck in earth space with absolutely no way to leave? Or how many systems were utterly destroyed with their relays blew up? It appeared that most of the galaxy basically blew the fuck up.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 15, 2015, 14:42 Fion

As someone who occasionally plays console games, and owns a PS4, I feel bad for console gamers who do not own a PC. SO few of the games out for them are worth a purchase. There have been like 4 'great' PS4 games in the last 2 years and they still were better on PC, and 'good ones' have mostly been remasters of games that console gamer's already bought and played. :/

Don't you greedy fucking companies know you're killing your own market? There is a reason Steam has grown by 70% since the current gen of consoles came out. If your going to 'remaster' something, remaster an awesome classic title from PS1, not the game that came out 2 years ago that is still fresh in everyone's mind. We've been SCREAMING for a new Dishonored, we don't want to play the same game with 5% improved graphics! And no, an extra two hours of shitty, half-ass content is not worth the $60 re-purchase!

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2015, 14:51.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Announced
1. Re: Dark Souls III Announced Jun 15, 2015, 14:31 Fion

I adored Dark Souls 2. A very challenging game, punishing mistakes but you felt so amazing once you finally took a big boss or hard level down. I'm super excited for DS3

I just hope they work on keyboard/mouse comparability. It had some latency issues in DS2 that never seemed to get worked out. If not, I'll probly be playing on a steam controller.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer Jun 13, 2015, 15:04 Fion

Why are the explosions purple?

Meh, I've about as much interest in this title as a wet napkin.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed
15. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed Jun 10, 2015, 12:34 Fion

I thoroughly enjoyed the first game. Yea the single player was short and frankly had a pretty boring story. But the game was a gem because of things like time trials, trick jumps you could learn through practice, the competitive speed run scene, etc.

I understand this is going to be a different game, but what they said is true, Mirror's Edge had it's own style, a unique soul. I hope that isn't lost in translation.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends in September; Console Editions Announced
4. Re: Sword Coast Legends in September; Console Editions Announced Jun 9, 2015, 12:05 Fion

I'm still mildly interested. I know the game's story revolves around the Underdark of the Sword Coast, Drizzt and perhaps travel to the Abyss because there's a mega-adventure for 5th edition D&D due right around the same time that deals with the Sword Coast's underdark, Drizzt's involvement and the demon lord of undeath - Demogorgon. Also the MMO Neverwinter will be releasing related content around the same time, not that I play.  

News Comments > GOG.com Deal Overload
2. Re: GOG.com Deal Overload Jun 9, 2015, 11:57 Fion

These are both sensationally good games. Walking Dead S2 falters a bit from the stellar quality of the first but has an amazing ending. Wolf Among Us is just as good even if you don't follow the Fables comic book it's based upon.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M
17. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M Jun 9, 2015, 11:45 Fion

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 11:14:
I'm still taking my time trying to complete side quests and shit. I should just move along with the story since I can always come back, but my OCD won't let me. :\

Ditto. Geralt is lvl 19 in my game and I just finished the storyline in Nivograd, I must have 20 side-quests and 50+ points of interest to investigate. Hell I haven't even unlocked all the waypoints on the Velen/Novigrad map, let alone all the content that comes with them. There are several notice boards I haven't checked either. Thankfully some of it is still over-leveled so I'm just gonna force myself to take that ship to Skellige now that I'm ready with the main story.

There's just so much content in this game, and it's all well done so you want to do it all. I wouldn't say leveling speed is too fast but rather that quests reward too much experience.

But hey, I'd rather have fun side quests and poi's to do while over-leveled than grinding on utterly painful fetch/kill/fedex side-quests to level past an area ala DA: Origins. The core of that game is right up there with Witcher 3, too bad the vast majority of the content is horrid. I was simply unable to stand it, never finished all the content in all zones, though I did finish the main story.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2015, 11:52.

News Comments > Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released
2. Re: Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released Jun 6, 2015, 14:46 Fion

Actually board games are seeing somewhat a renaissance in the last several years with hundreds of amazing games out there from dozens of styles, genres and age groups. If all you've played are the classic 'Hasbro' games or idiotic party games you forget about a week later, you really should check out the scene. Chances are there's a board game bar or cafe in your city.

As to this game, I feel they shouldn't have gone 3d, as it seems really clunky. And it'll obviously never have the cooler games around today because they are all copy-right. Still, I hear someone has made Gwent for it.. so there's that.

News Comments > Steam Controller Video
16. Re: Steam Controller Video Jun 5, 2015, 13:58 Fion

harlock wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 12:22:
fuck that dude - i hate trackpads, i dont care if they are thumb sized or not, they fucking suck

It's not technically a trackpad, it's a haptic pad that can represent one of any number of things, tackpad included. Just watching the video they use it as buttons, a trackpad, somewhat an analog stick, a key-pad, and more.

I'll probably pick one up, waiting on reviews first. It looks dramatically more functional than a console controller, which is rather ironic. Hopefully as it becomes popular, games will be made that support it's dynamic functions and haptic interface.

I'm interested in the Steam Link as well, but I'll wait until a 4k version comes out. I also agree it could be the device of choice for an Oculus Rift.

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Jun 3, 2015, 13:34 Fion

I'm really hoping the next free DLC release includes a bank or chest to save shit in. My inventory is so full of runes, clothing, upgradable armor, crossbow bolts & trophies. Sure I have a huge inventory space but it's annoying. Give me a bank with storage slots or better yet make those saddleback's 'storage' instead of expanded inventory and a hotkey to access them when I'm on horseback.

I don't mind the 'cheap' DLC, it's free after all. Can't expect huge content releases for free these days, even from CDPR.

News Comments > New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection
16. Re: New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection May 29, 2015, 11:20 Fion

Best NFS game was Porsche Unleashed, but Hot Pursuit was very fun. It was also the last NFS game I ever bought. By the looks of things, that isn't about to change.  

3249 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo