Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3044 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 1, 2014, 21:44 Fion

And they say he never does anything good.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TOXIKK Announced
5. Re: TOXIKK Announced Aug 1, 2014, 21:42 Fion

Lets not forget that it's pre-alpha footage, which means everything is subject to change. Weapons, armor, boosters, movement, levels, you name it.

I agree it's a homage to games like UT2K4 and the greatest frag-fest ever conceived.. Quake 2. That also means it'll be quite niche but I still hope it's a big success because that might just force the big players to take a second glance and realize not everyone wants shooters with regenerating health and 3' walls in the middle of hallways or (what pretends to be) realistic gunplay.

News Comments > Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series
8. Re: Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series Jul 31, 2014, 18:04 Fion

FYI Lost Girl & Continuum aren't syfy properties, they are Canadian TV shows that syfy then runs about a week later.

On topic, I didn't really enjoy the show that much, I haven't watched past the first season. It may have gotten better, and wouldn't be by far the first TV show to have a slow first season or first half of a season. And yes, at least the channel is trying to return to science fiction.

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
9. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 22:27 Fion

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:22:
Fion wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 17:17:
I'm pretty excited for Tales from the Borderlands too, I very much enjoy the setting and the characters, though I'm much more hyped for their Game of Thrones title. If anyone can pull off ASoIaF in a meaningful way, it's Telltale.
Wow, I had no idea. That's going to be awesome!

Teaser Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjiVZdg6lng

I'm personally hoping it tells the story of Roberts Rebellion, the war that saw Jaime Lannister become Kingslayer by killing Mad King Aerys (Daenerys' father) as Robert Baratheon won the throne.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2014, 22:32.

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
5. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 17:17 Fion

Awesome news, Telltale is at the top of their game. I have very much enjoyed season 2, though I agree The Wolf Among Us has been better (just a smidgen). I'm very fearful for the release of S2E5 because some serious shit went down in E4 and it isn't going to end well :/

I'm pretty excited for Tales from the Borderlands too, I very much enjoy the setting and the characters, though I'm much more hyped for their Game of Thrones title. If anyone can pull off ASoIaF in a meaningful way, it's Telltale.

As to the graphics, I can honestly say at Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us are two games I really haven't cared that the graphics were quite low end. Mostly because the stories are so engrossing but largely because the art design is so wonderfully done I don't care about polygons and texture size so much.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 26, 2014, 16:37 Fion

Ellen Page is to old for the part. I think Maisie Williams would be great, she's a fine young actress. I quite enjoyed The Last of Us, but I still think it's quite over-rated.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 26, 2014, 16:18 Fion

Huge LotR fan here as well. I won't mind assassin's creed style gameplay. A few of those games have been downright awesome, though each new iteration is increasingly dumbed down. For example the climbing used to require some planning, good observation of the area, etc. Now it's push a button and watch the parkour, same with combat.

What I find most interesting about it is the AI and how individual Orcs learn from your actions and advance in the ranks. If anyone can pull that kind of thing off it's Monolith.

And I agree with Siapnar, I hope they make a killing so they can fund a sequel to the best game Monolith has ever made, Shogo!

News Comments > On SaleOn Sale

2. Re: On SaleOn Sale</p> Jul 25, 2014, 17:15 Fion

Yea I'm not buying an incomplete release. If they want to do a telltale model of releasing episodes or acts, they need to actually release them with some regularity.

Speaking of which I'm still *sniff* kinda broken up about S2e4 Walking Dead. I'm fearful my decisions will lead to even more :/

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Trailer
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Trailer Jul 22, 2014, 20:07 Fion

Damn I'm not even half way through Gates of Maguuma. Good thing this season's content is all permanent.

Interesting vid, I'm pretty hyped. Are we about to meet Khan-Ur Rytlock? SQUEE!

News Comments > Dark Souls II Crown of the Sunken King DLC Released
3. Re: Dark Souls II Crown of the Sunken King DLC Released Jul 22, 2014, 20:03 Fion

I'd love to pick this up but with 60 hours played I'm not even close to done with the main game. I'm currently in lower Brightstone Cove sitting at 50% health. What can I say, this game is punishing lol and kb/mouse doesn't make it any easier.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Subscription Plans
9. Re: The Sims 4 Subscription Plans Jul 21, 2014, 16:46 Fion

I'm not entirely sure on this but the content mentioned in this 'premium membership' is also notably in the 'premium edition' of the game. What they found is locked content you can't access unless you have the premium edition. Are we sure everyone isn't just falling to the conclusion that 'premium' means subscription?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 19, 2014, 17:16 Fion

Comcast (formerly Time Warner Cable)now offers business class gigabit internet starting at just 199.99 per month for the first 6 months.

*399.99 after promotion promotional period.

News Comments > Subscription MMOG Market Analysis
10. Re: Subscription MMOG Market Analysis Jul 18, 2014, 22:20 Fion

Acleacius wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 18:53:
I never had any ill feelings toward ccp, until they killed Vampire the Masquerade and White Wolf.

Now the only way we will ever get another innovative and creative VtM title is if ccp goes into bankruptcy or goes out of business.

bastards

Yea the fact that we'll never see another game based on WoD unless CCP dies does sting. But at least we've got Onyx Path bringing WoD to new heights with the revised WoD (God Machine Chronicle, The Strix Chronicles (Vampire) which they knocked out of the park, as well as Mage & Werewolf 'revised' chronicles on the way and 20th anniversary editions of the classic WoD.

It's frankly a really great time to be a WoD fan, whether nWoD, cWoD or both. At least as far as PnP goes.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 16, 2014, 19:27 Fion

Am I the only one that finds it odd that console players are clamoring to pay $60 - $90 to buy games they've already played because someone slapped a 'next gen' sticker on them?  

News Comments > Rumor: Year-old Dishonored 2 Details
13. Re: Rumor: Year-old Dishonored 2 Details Jul 15, 2014, 17:12 Fion

Dishonored was my GotY 2012. Played it at least 3 times over since then, each time choosing different styles, different abilities and choices and endings.

If you get at least an inkling of enjoyment from the stealth-action genre, this is by far the best game that genre has produced since Thief: the Dark Project.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 14, 2014, 16:20 Fion

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 15:56:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 14:12:
Wake me up when No Man's Sky comes to PC. Sleeping

I don't know, it just sounds to me like they had an idea about procedurally generated worlds and space and not a lot of actual gameplay. If you want to see a shitload of worlds that look very similar - ala all low-budget sci-fi TV shows - then great. If you want an actual game...eh, not so much. Some of the videos show the archetypes of the creatures. There's an antelope archetype that varies from world to world simply by the horns, tail, and skin. Whoo. Hoo.

Wake me up when it becomes interesting.

I would recommend you watch these videos. It clearly demonstrates that every planet is not alike, and that they are defined by things like chemical makeup, water content, type of sun and mineral content. The game is so big they had to design a program to scan planets and produce a short gif because it's such a large game-space doing it themselves would take far to much of their time.

As to not revealing mechanics, they state that the lack of hard details about mechanics is left out on purpose, as they say in one of the videos 'to preserve a sense of wonder that we can discover together at launch.' Too many games (just as movies) tell us every little thing about them before launch in an attempt to boost the hype and attract attention from investors and the media. I personally very much enjoy not knowing much about this game accept it's core idea and a general representation of what it is all about with specifics purposefully left out. I'm sick of games that lead you by the hand and dumb down the gameplay in return for 'accessibility and ease of play.'

I'll hit PC sooner rather than later I suspect, and hopefully include mod support. It will, as always, be the platform to play the game on.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2014, 16:27.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 13, 2014, 18:38 Fion

Don't they get that making it a pain in the ass to get access to their content (pay walls, commercials, slow/low quality services, e-mail spam, selling your info, etc) is only going to push loyal customers toward legally gray websites without a pay wall, e-mail spam, shitty service or commercials.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2014, 15:42 Fion

Wait.. the 'next gen' Xbox cant even run Diablo 3 at 1080p? I knew this sucker was overpriced and underpowered but my SO's i3, AMD 4250, 4gb ram can run D3 at a decent framerate at 1080p.

And yes, they must be getting pretty desperate indeed.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Entanglement Trailer
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Entanglement Trailer Jul 8, 2014, 15:38 Fion

I understand that, I missed quite a lot of the first 'season' of content updates because there were other releases I was playing. Thankfully S2's updates are all permanent content so you don't have to feel rushed in doing them, you can come back to the game 6 months from now and still do the content at your own pace.

The S2 content so far has been bang up fantastic, with a few hiccups. But what other MMOG gives you 3 new full zones for free?

As to hackers, this is the one MMOG I know of that isn't rife with gold-selling account hackers. I haven't received a 'buy gold' e-mail in a year. Anet was remarkably good at curbing that before it got out of hand.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 13:41 Fion

The popularity of the sport HAS risen in the US. I grew up with a family that loved soccer. Both my parents are immigrants and they grew up with soccer as well. I always played it as a kid as opposed to football or baseball. I can tell you from first hand experience that 20 years ago when I'd be watching the World Cup my friends would be like 'you're watching soccer?' Today I go to the local sports-bar during a US game and it's packed to the gills with cheering fans, most of them white North-Easterners like myself.

It certainly doesn't have the scale of the 'big 4' here in the US but it's popularity is growing rapidly. The US has done fairly well in the last decade+ in the World Cup, and that can only help.

3044 Comments. 153 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo