Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3021 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2013, 16:08 Fion

I've only played them demo but that was hilarious. One of the best demos in ages because it showed absolutely none of the actual game but did a completely thorough job of introducing you to the game.

I've been watching some gameplay on Twitch and laughing just as hard. It looks really awesome. If my gaming funds hadn't already been used this month I'd pick it up in a heart beat. Guess I'll have to wait a bit and try and resist spoiling the game via Twitch.

Nice to see Wolf Amongst Us in the top ten. First episode ends with a bang that leaves you spinning and it's really quite faithful to Fables. I very much enjoyed it.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2013, 16:13.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
8. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 16:05 Fion

Yea it's 2 with the fucked up ending. Was highly enjoyable until the last hour or so when it became a slog through waves of the same 5 enemies over and over ending with a boring and easy boss and then nothing. Clear sign they ran out of time.  

News Comments > SOMA Revealed; Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: SOMA Revealed; Gameplay Trailer Oct 12, 2013, 02:16 Fion

Wow looks pretty sweet. The vocal protagonist (not just when reading letters hehe) brings a completely different feeling to the trailer.

Cant wait. Plenty of time to finish Machine for Pigs.

News Comments > Steam Controller Demonstration Video
4. Re: Steam Controller Demonstration Video Oct 11, 2013, 15:55 Fion

I gotta say I'm impressed. I still don't see it replacing a keyboard and mouse for more complex games that require lots of hotkeys to play efficiently but for what was in the demo really impressed me. The controller looks comfortable and highly customizable. The trackpad actually seems to do first person movement dramatically better than an analog stick. Funny that it took a PC gaming company to bring the first true controller innovation since the invention of said analog stick nearly 20 years ago.

I personally want the system more so I can easily stream movies & TV from my computer to my TV, but also the potential future purchase of an Occulus Rift. After watching this however, I can see myself playing Civ 5 on my big screen for fun.

News Comments > Thief Gameplay Trailer
18. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 17:43 Fion

Dishonored without powers would be fine with me, so long as its set in the steam-punky medieval setting. The PC Gamer article is a mixed bag, both good and bad. Early on it speaks of nostalgia accounting for how amazing the original game was, and I think people need to remember that. I trust that Eidos Montreal to pull through with a great game. After all they did a fantastic job of keeping the spirit of Deus Ex alive in DX:HR. Time will tell, and until then I'll be waiting for the DX:HR followup.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2013, 18:00.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Virtual Gifts Detailed
2. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Virtual Gifts Detailed Oct 2, 2013, 19:22 Fion

"If you pay us to watch our shitty convention (that won't introduce anything new.. again) instead of waiting an hour for the same shit to be posted on Youtube, we'll give you some shitty pet that is just a reskin of a mob in WoW and another banner to add to your collection of 200 that took an artist 30 seconds to plop out."

$Cha-Ching$

"Thank you gullible Blizz-sheep.. I mean valued fan."

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Developer List Found
1. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 09:42 Fion

Is it actually happening?

I don't want to jinx it!

News Comments > Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date
29. Re: Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date Sep 25, 2013, 18:43 Fion

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 17:08:
Driving is (IMO) wildly better in 5.

I only played it for like an hour at on a friends console (I'll wait for PC release heh) but I didn't like it. Sure in 4 you couldn't turn for shit on most vehicles but in 5 if feels like cars have a central axis they turn on, not rear-wheel/front-wheel/all-wheel drive like any game with this much driving should absolutely requirement.

I'm sure with time I'd get used to it, I still think I'd prefer IV's. IMHO the best driving was in GTA 3.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2013, 18:50.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 24, 2013, 14:18 Fion

Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 14:05:
America has always held weirdly incongruent views on violence and nudity. I'm sure you've seen it but if not go check out "This Film Has Not Been Rated" sometime, some hilarious examples in that.

For the umpteenth time:

I BLAME THE PURITANS!

F'ING PURITANS!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?
6. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 23, 2013, 21:34 Fion

To quote Cenk Uygur..

OF COURSE!

You think these guys would do an open online world 'without' making a huge amount of money doing so? Not a chance in hell.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 22, 2013, 16:37 Fion

I've never seen so many hipsters in one place.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2013, 15:17 Fion

I'm using an i5 3570 myself, it's a very good cpu. I was originally going to go higher myself but after a lot of research I realized the newer i5's are just as good and without the issues of the later generation I7's.  

News Comments > iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues
29. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 17:32 Fion

jomisab wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 14:23:
Based on what I'm reading in the Metacritic user reviews and hearing from my own brother (who has an Xbox), the texture quality is just abyssmal. They surely won't allow that to be the definitive rendition of GTA V.

Of course it is. Having such a massive open world on systems with such limited resources, there has to be some corner cutting to let the game run at decent frame-rates, and since textures take up so much memory, it makes sense that texture quality is what got the boot.

I expect a holiday PC release to coincide the 'next gen' version that is sure to follow the new console releases.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Sep 15, 2013, 15:57 Fion

All these space shooters in the works and not a peep about the greatest of them all: Tie Fighter (followed closely by X-Wing of course.)

Where's my fucking Tie Fighter sequel Disney? It's a cash cow in the waiting.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 14:55 Fion

Exactly. Though I didn't play either of the examples. I'm kinda hoping they'll re-release The Last of US on PS4 hehe.

Edit: Oh before I forget. HDCP can suck it!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 14:36 Fion

I partly agree with him. 15 year old PC titles often are better than anything modern consoles have brought us. I find most modern games are too 'pc', too simplistic, too much leading around by the hand. Do we really need to be reminded what button to press every time we approach a door? That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a great many modern games but I think 90% of them just aren't as good as they used to be. The exception largely being the Indie scene.

I am primarily a PC gamer and have been for decades, but I have owned a number of consoles, though not of the latest generation. If I have a choice between getting a game on PC or on a console, 90% of the time I go with PC simply because A: I could mod the game. B: I could tweak the graphics to a much higher level and C: Kb/mouse is indeed dramatically better for a variety of genres. I simply cannot get myself to play a shooter on a console. I feel so.. confined by the controls.

I'm actually planning on picking up a PS4. I want it more as an 'entertainment hub'. I'm just waiting to see if they pick up HBO Go before I finally decide. Why not an Xbox One? Largely because I trust Sony more than I do MS, but also because of the two consoles exclusive titles, I've always enjoyed Sony's more.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2013, 14:52.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2013, 15:11 Fion

Blu this may be as simple as needing to re-set your video card. During the instillation of the new memory it's entirely possible the video card was every so slightly dislodged. I was having memory-based BSOD's recently myself and simply re-socketing them fixed the issue. Make sure the card and the contacts are clean as well.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2013, 04:36 Fion

Gotta love the iSheep.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
21. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 5, 2013, 01:45 Fion

I haven't even looked at this game. Like many I just assumed it was like a Sleeping Dogs sequel or something. Watching this I'm rather excited. If even half of this is actually dynamic and not scripted out the ass I'll pick it up.

Only thing that worries me a bit is how easy it appears to hack anything. A simple press of a button and you're in any system in the game? I understand it would get boring QUICK if you had to go through a mini-game on every hack but there should be some aspect to hacking beyond 'hold Q'. Maybe I'm missing something and just haven't looked into the game enough.

Then again this is Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed is basically just that. You basically hold or click one button to do everything from fighting to climbing, interacting, sneaking, you name it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 16:01 Fion

ASeven wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 14:44:
The Outlast and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs coming out in the next 2 weeks. These will be a memorable couple of weeks for horror lovers.

Oh no. That means I have to man up and actually finish Amnesia: the Dark Descent.

Wonderful...

3021 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo