Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 2953 (Senior)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound
19. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 14:24 Fion

Can't wait. I hope the tools and GM support is good, as I plan on running a campaign with some friends using it. Gotta find out how well I can freestyle it though first.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 23:00 Fion

Yea I'm having a lot of fun with Tombraider. Quicktime events were a pain in the ass (specifically the 'mash left and right') but once I started using a script for that, no problems.

So far I've grabbed;

Brave New World (non-sale, amazing expansion)
Tomb Raider 2013 (really fun!)
Witcher 2 (Haven't even loaded it up yet)
Spec-Ops: the Line (DL'ing now, I've heard good things.)

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 13:27 Fion

Brave New World is a must for any Civ fan. It's easily the best expansion to any Civ game since Beyond the Sword, and totally brings Civ V up to par with Civ IV.

There aren't 80k people playing it daily on steam for nothing.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 13, 2013, 19:34 Fion

They have a lot way to go before they catch up to Apple though, Cutter.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Free Transfers
3. Re: World of Warcraft Free Transfers Jul 12, 2013, 14:29 Fion

I don't play anymore but I have a friend who all but pleads with me to come back because so many of the servers are practically dead. It's impossible to find a raid guild because there aren't enough players left , guilds have even started recruiting in the starter areas to try and convince people to transfer so they can fill out ranks in said guilds. It's getting pretty bad over there, and I have no interest in returning.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2013, 23:28 Fion

Only problem there Cutter is the Roman Empire took hundreds of years to fall and in many ways still influences the world today.  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Adds Steam Workshop Support
2. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Adds Steam Workshop Support Jul 10, 2013, 23:19 Fion

First one was better, second one added co-op, but made it pretty much impossible solo.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Trailer
6. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Trailer Jul 10, 2013, 23:18 Fion

sdgundamx wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 21:18:
I picked up Assassin's Creed II during the winter Steam sale on recommendation from a friend. I just got around to starting to play it and I'm really enjoying it

Thats because AC2 is the best of them all. I highly recommend Brotherhood afterwards (summer sale perhaps) as it falls right in line with AC2. AC3 is ok, different characters, more hand-holding and less sandbox, but still good. This one looks pretty sweet.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
68. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:43 Fion

There will be a PC version. There have always been PC versions and they sell very well generally. So I'll either wait for that or get it when the PS4 version hits.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 00:02 Fion

And so it begins.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Video
2. Re: Saints Row IV Video Jun 28, 2013, 23:37 Fion

Yea I preordered there myself. Nice deal. Cant wait  

News Comments > Free Space Pirates and Zombies Weekend
2. Re: Free Space Pirates and Zombies Weekend Jun 28, 2013, 01:00 Fion

Takes quite a while to get any of the interesting ships or find the interesting sectors but it is a big open game and a lot of fun.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 25, 2013, 15:32 Fion

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_760_sli_review,1.html

There ya go

The SLI seems very good, nearly doubling performance and putting the 760 SLI $500 right up in the top bracket 780/7990 cards. Within 10% performance for $150 less, sounds like a good deal to me.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2013, 15:38.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 22, 2013, 13:48 Fion

Teddy wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 23:05:
Love the game and the little addons they keep tossing in. The only thing that irks me is that the story dungeons for these events are only open for a short time.

There really should be some way to access them again after the event is finished, like connecting it to the fractals or something.

That's not a bad idea. Some of the temporary content has been awesome, like the Frost & Flame dungeon, really enjoyable. It'd be sweet if they connected it to Fractals. Items and recipes only available there like jeweler Azurite Orbs & accessories are so hard to find, if that dungeon was added as a Fractal it wouldn't be such a pain.

I personally I'm a fan of the temporary content system they are using because it means I can get unique equipment pieces that are only available for a short time, which makes my character feel more unique in a game without traditional gear advancement. The RNG can be a pain as well. I've personally been lucky, I spent about $10 and opened about 100 green dragon chests and gotten 2 dragon skin tickets & two Risen Knight Minis, but I have friends who've done far more and got nothing out of it (yet). But I'd most def like to see some of the better dungeons find their way into Fractals.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2013, 13:57.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 21, 2013, 13:40 Fion

I can see how Analysts think the PS4 is going to win, at least initially. Anyone that does any amount of research quickly discovers that the PS4 is more powerful, $100 less, backwards compatible and isn't trying to be a home entertainment center in one.  

News Comments > UK Sales Charts
7. Re: UK Sales Charts Jun 17, 2013, 19:52 Fion

I'm seriously considering picking up a PS4 when it hits, I'm an exclusive PC gamer so this is an odd consideration from my part. PC will always be my main gaming machine but with a PS4 I can play some of the great PS3/4 exclusive titles that have hit. The Last of Us being a prime example.

Plus I have friends and family who have a PS3/are getting a PS4 so I could play some games with them because only one has a decent PC for gaming.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 16:56 Fion

Called Planetary Annihilation being top 10. Nostalgia can be a potent tool for makin $.  

News Comments > World of Darkness Details Reset?
2. Re: World of Darkness Details Reset? Jun 14, 2013, 22:03 Fion

I'm more a V:tR fan and disappointed the game is based in V:tM which I enjoyed but feel isn't nearly as good. Still, I'm looking forward to the game and mostly just one a big world of darkness to RP in.  

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
5. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 14, 2013, 20:58 Fion

More and more I'm seeing games on steam people are paying $30-50 for an ALPHA version of games that barely even works and more often than not it's a 'sequel or spiritual successor' to some classic title. That the price would continue to rise as more and more idiots buy into these things based solely on their own nostalgia, is not unexpected. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if this sold like hotcakes.  

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
15. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 14:54 Fion

My god the FoV looks like it's set to 40!  

2953 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo