Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3098 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor in October
4. Re: Shadow of Mordor in October Apr 2, 2014, 23:50 Fion

On my list too, could be interesting. I especially like the random enemies that change based on your actions.

As to why they never made a proper cRPG out of the setting, hell if I know. The RTS games based on the setting were good, at least the first two. But yea the setting has always deserved a killer cRPG. Hopefully, this is it (at least in an Action RPG sense).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2014, 15:43 Fion

"Gamers DON'T want innovation... and it's killing Nintendo"

Yea innovation, I so cant wait for Mario 50, Zelda 27 and Star Fox 14.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 31, 2014, 15:39 Fion

Reaper of Souls is one of the biggest 180's from shite to extremely fun I've ever seen in this industry. I've been playing the hell out of it since Patch 2.01 hit the live servers.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
15. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 28, 2014, 01:18 Fion

Looks like it has a hell of a lot of potential. I love the whole interaction with citizens thing, hacking their systems to unlock side missions and take out bad guys.

I'm also interested to see how easy it is to get into someone else's game without them realizing it, and cause some very dynamic open world mayham. I do hope we can customize our characters look, otherwise it'd be just to damn easy to spot people in your game.

I noticed as well that the video is from the PC version with the more accurate physics, lighting and ambient occlusion.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 18:24 Fion

I can see were the article is going, and the writer is probably correct as to Facebook's goals with the Occulus Rift, as the next technology advancement in social connection.

IMHO the Rift won't really work for gaming until a new way of controlling gaming space is introduced. Keyboard/Mouse may be the best controls for gaming but they suck with the Rift (or so I've read), and console controllers aren't that much better.

Something like Haptic Adaptive gloves or Minority Report style nodes on the fingers combined with a tech were gestures are coded to specific actions.

I can totally see games like in the movie Her working with the Rift, and that potential isn't gone IMHO. After all, Nvidia isn't making all the PC games, other companies are formed to make the games for Nvidia hardware. It'll be the same for Rift, even if it's owned by Facebook. It may not be for the Occulus Rift that becomes the major peripheral as competition is already springing up, and that competition can only lead to better things.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
29. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 23:50 Fion

MoreLuckThanSkill I think everyone feels weak right now. Nobody in my guild is playing on Torment below 70. One of my friends was wiping the floor in Torment 5 and even he is playing Expert lol.

I for one am happy to see the difficulty. We all know D3 was super easy until it go so hard you couldn't possibly play it until you spent a quarter billion gold (or $) on the AH. I relish the challenge and look forward to when it takes a great set of gear (that I found myself), a solid build and intimate knowledge of my class to be able to handle Torment 6 again.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Wardrobe System
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wardrobe System Mar 25, 2014, 23:30 Fion

GW2 has hundreds of different looks for the 6 pieces of armor and some 400+ dyes, not to mention the dozens of unique skins and dyes only available during specific events in the ongoing story (like back pieces), I hope this is backwards comparable, though I personally have 2 mule characters I use to solely store all those unique skins I've gotten over the last 1.5+ years.

Account dyes.. can I say finally? I don't know who made the decision upon release to make dyes character only and I don't get that thought process but FINALLY I can use the rare and expensive dies on my main guy, across all my characters. Thats right my 20'something Thief, you are about to get access to Abyss Dye without me shelling out 30g for another one.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2014, 23:43.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
38. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 19:05 Fion

I'm lvling a DH atm while the XP bonus is going. Around midnight EST I'll switch to my wizard and tentatively wait for the Xpack to go live and then switch in to Act 5. I don't expect any major issues either because the servers aren't even going down, the Xpack just gets activated and we can play from that moment on. Though it may cause some Queueing in the first few days/weeks (depending on success).

I've gotten my DH to mid 40's and my enjoyment level has fallen off. I cannot seem to find a build I really like. Mostly because I just dislike every one of the primary skills. I'm sure it won't be this way forever, and there are some skills I really like (such as Turrets). I'm gonna check around for a fun leveling build.

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
42. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 10:13 Fion

I'm gonna lvl a few alts to 60 over the weekend. Should be super easy with my guild doing power lvling and the 100% xp bonus.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack
13. Re: Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack Mar 22, 2014, 00:41 Fion

Living Content isn't that grindy if you don't give a crap about the meta-achievement. Forget about that achievement and you'll find just enjoying the content is a lot more fun.

One of the biggest technical changes that is need, as some have spoken to below, is the utter uselessness of anything but pure DPS on bosses. CC doesn't work at all and condi has severe diminishing returns. So any difficult content consists of a group of 5 DPS, perhaps a Support player in some instances.

Fix that, and things will be golden.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2014, 14:36 Fion

OpenGL can do just about everything Dx11 does, and some things it does dramatically better. One of them just so happens to be performance. I don't know about the '7-15' number, but it can be pretty dramatic.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack Mar 20, 2014, 20:23 Fion

First bit of news is very nice indeed. Trait point aquisition is changed so instead of a trickle with each lvl, one point unlocks one trait, etc. 5 new Grandmaster traits per class that require exploring or achieving something in the game world sounds awesome Harkens back to GW1 Elite Skill gathering. Something I really enjoyed.

Free trait reset from anywhere, finally!

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2014, 20:34.

News Comments > WildStar Preorders
15. Re: WildStar Preorders Mar 19, 2014, 20:44 Fion

I won't go back to paying for an MMOG just to sit around waiting for a raid to start. I also buy an MMOG based around doing 1000's of kill/fetch/fedex quests ad naueam.

I've been in beta for some time and it's a solid game. The combat is to easy, even at higher levels because even at high level constant 'hit square' goes down 1/2 a second before the mobs hit. This might be ok if it wasn't for every single attack, but compared to GW2 were the aoe circles drop a mere spit second before the effect goes off, I find it far.. far to easy mode.

I'm to spoiled by GW2 I guess.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
36. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 16:45 Fion

Ever since Patch 2.0 I've put quite a bit of time into the game again. It's a hell of a lot of fun now and is only going to be even more fun come the expansion.

I'm glad to see the last of Jay Wilson's Diablo 3 die and Josh Mosqueira's live on. His is a dramatically better game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 17:35 Fion

If you're not going to go out and celebrate, stay in and have a traditional drink, like a Hot Chocolate w. Irish Cream. Baring that a bit of spiced rum.  

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
36. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 17:25 Fion

Bar none, my favorite game as a kid, with Ninja Gaiden a close second. I'm looking forward to this one, it looks to be reasonably faithful.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 16, 2014, 16:22 Fion

What a nasty trend in console gaming. More often than not what is shown pre-release is the PC version. This gen of consoles really is turning into one big cluster-fuck.

Check this comparison video, it is even more startlingly downgraded than Forza 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbT03r_9Zo#t=237

Edit: It's not necessarily stupidity, it's just inexperience and lack of knowledge when it comes to the technical capability and limitation of their hardware. Console gamers expect to be able to buy a game and play it at the speed and graphical fidelity that the box or pre-release video gameplay shows. Most of them couldn't care less about the hardware inside. If they did, they would have spent that $500 on a new PC with more power than the consoles.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2014, 16:41.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 16, 2014, 16:19 Fion

Stick of Truth is an awesome game. Glad to see it's still #1.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 17:02 Fion

Game of thrones 7 seasons? That seems unlikely. Since book 3 is split between 2 seasons (with some of book 4 in this upcoming season), they'll likely want to condense book 4 and 5 into one (since for those that don't know, each book only delt with half of the characters), but condensing 2 1000+ page books into 12 episodes? That means a huge volume of condensed content.

This also means that the show will very rapidly catch up to the books. One more year to hit the end of book 5 (and the 5th season) and then a single year to get book 7 out, which I expect is going to be a massive novel, as there are an insane amount of stories to tie up neatly.

Their only other option really is to wait. Martin normally takes 4-6 years per book. It took 20 years to make the first 5 of 7. I'd expect book 6 to hit in the next 2 odd years. Now readers are reluctantly patient to get their hands on book 6 and then 7 (likely to hit around 2020). But TV watchers expect serialized seasons that come out yearly.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2014, 17:07.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 13, 2014, 16:47 Fion

He had to tell Parker and Stone.

"I've got to tell you guys," he said when they sat down the next morning, "my wife was watching me last night play this and the word she used was 'atrocious'."

Their response was unanimous.

"Yeah!"

That's what South Park does, that's what Parker and Stone do - cross the line. Urquhart's wife's exclamation was exactly the validation they crave.

Haha, I'm glad Matt & Tray had so much involvement. It would have turned to shit otherwise. As it stands today it's one of the better games I've played in the last few years, even with the loads of button mashing and the 'more-than-a-few' bugs I've found.

3098 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo