Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3131 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 6, 2014, 13:06 Fion

I personally quit facebook some time ago. I no longer use any 'social sites' like google+, twitter, etc.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Witcher Adventure Game Revealed; Witcher 3 in February 2015
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2014, 12:31 Fion

Wowza. The only thing my system needs for this is a new HD. I'm using a WD Black HD that is showing its age. Time to upgrade to SSD. I had forced myself to wait until prices were under $1/gb. The $350 Samsung Evo 500gb is tempting. I was planning on waiting for a Maxwell too but my system shit the bed (GPU + PSU failure) so I had to upgrade early, went with an EVGA 770 Superclocked, which I'm very happy with.

Speaking of which, my experience with Dark Souls 2 (love it!) has really put me in the mood for another great RPG. I think it's about time to dust off Witcher 2 from my 'unplayed games' list on Steam.

Maybe by the time I'm done with both (I'm 60 hours into DS2 and not even into NG+ yet), the new Dragon Age game will be out and hopefully not suck. There's the action/rpg Mordor game on the horizon too that hopefully won't suck.

I'm also still playing Watch_Dogs, which is fun for the $40 I paid for it, but probably not an 'instant buy' at 60. It has its moments. Spider Tank being a big one.

Edit: Oh hey it's Charles Lance (Tywin Lannister) voicing the most powerful king in the land. Thats some appropriate casting.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2014, 12:45.

News Comments > WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers
19. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 20:25 Fion

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 19:19:
Fion wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 13:33:
When there are other games out there that offer content twice as often as that and quite often very good content without a monthly fee attached, (no matter your opinion of said MMOG), doesn't that make you think 'if they can do it.. why cant these guys?'

$60 purchase + Monthly Fee, with microtransactions almost surely just around the corner? Hell no.

Microtransactions like WoW which aren't Pay-To-Win are completely irrelevant. Please stop spewing bullshit.

Hah nothing about any of my posts on the subject are about pay2win. I'm not knocking microtransactions, they can be viable. My point was simply that I'm not paying $60 + $15 a month + microtransactions for this game.

9. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 14:25 Fion

I was talking Guild Wars 2, the most prominent of the B2P MMOGs. You are right there is little difference between the monthly fee and microtransactions, they both go to paying for content to be developed (though most of it for GW2 goes to NCSoft). There are almost certainly those who spend more than $15 a month on gems in GW2. The difference here is that it is my choice. I choose to spend that money, I choose to reward the companies great work with the roughly $150 I've spent in gems in the last 1.8 years. The other guys force the payment upon me.

I frankly gave up ever even considering paying a monthly fee for a game again after coming out of the addiction haze that was WoW.. were I paid monthly fees and spent $ on meaningless pets and mounts and other e-peen crap, thousands of dollars I was spending essentially to sit on my ass in a city and wait for random dungeons or wait 3 hours for my guild to assemble for a 5 hour raid (where 9/10ths of the time, I got diddly) or doing the same 20 quests over and over again for reputation or some worthless monetary item that I needed 300 of to get a crafting recipe for more e-peen-flouting.

The next time I even consider a monthly fee, that game better be an absolute, ground-breaking achievement in gaming.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 14:32.

7. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 13:33 Fion

When there are other games out there that offer content twice as often as that and quite often very good content without a monthly fee attached, (no matter your opinion of said MMOG), doesn't that make you think 'if they can do it.. why cant these guys?'

$60 purchase + Monthly Fee, with microtransactions almost surely just around the corner? Hell no.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 31, 2014, 11:50 Fion

4 down/1 up is considered 'broadband'? Even 10 mbps is pathetic. I'd much rather like to see 25 down/ 5 up be absolute minimum to call it 'broadband', but even that is extremely slow.

Why is it the Americas (north and south) are so damn behind Europe and Asia on this?

Edit: Scratch that I know why all too well.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
16. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 12:29 Fion

I would have to ask, why does the pirated version run so much better than the Uplay version? No lag when turning in a car, decent FPS with all the bells & whistles.  

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
8. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 10:58 Fion

I played BF4 for about a month, and then I quit because of constant connectivity issues. I enjoyed the hell out of the game, I thought it remarkably better than BF3, but I cannot call any game that insists on crashing every 3 minutes a 'worthy purchase'.

With this game it seems to me they are going to try and out payday, payday. That, in my opinion, is a bad idea. Others have tried, all have failed to come close to the fun of Payday 2, not to mention the price point.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 28, 2014, 13:21 Fion

I'm sure a self-driving car without a steering wheel would freak people out but the next generation would see it as normal. I'd imagine if you want it to poll over, you'd just it too 'pull over asap'.

And yes, as others have mentioned a self-driving car already drives better than a human-driven one does. The technology is still young, in 30 years I can see the only young people driving their own cars will be 'classic car' enthusiasts.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Trailer
3. Re: The Sims 4 Trailer May 28, 2014, 13:13 Fion

There's certainly a large segment of players who's favorite part of the game is designing homes. I rather enjoy it but I cannot say I'm particularly exceptional at it.

New build mode looks fantastic, my only complaint is there doesn't seem to be the ability to make curved walls without an angle. Sims 3 had them in town buildings but never had the ability to make curved walls in houses so that was one of my biggest hopes for this one. It's still fairly early so it might get in but who knows. I'd think it'd be interesting to have a swanky modern condo with curved walls.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 14:17 Fion

This game and Wolfenstein are on my 'buy when there's nothing else to play' list. Besides, I'm still far to invested in Dark Souls 2 atm, not to mention Transistor; both of which are freaking awesome.  

News Comments > Memorial Legal Briefs
1. Re: Memorial Legal Briefs May 26, 2014, 12:09 Fion

If we can't beat them in sales or marketing or technological innovation we'll try (and fail) to beat them in the courts.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Darpa Oculus May 24, 2014, 14:20 Fion

It's like the realization of Neuromancer. Plug into your rig, make your way through the digital world to hack into another system. We even have AI tracking that information and attempting to block access. Add some ICE and we are there.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 24, 2014, 14:12 Fion

PS4 fans are so happy that they can download games now.

So was I when this feature 'unlocked' on the PC in 1993 with the BBS release of Doom Shareware.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tropico 5
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tropico 5 May 23, 2014, 17:07 Fion

Me too. The tropico game has never really grabbed me, but this is getting some good buzz and looks like what Simcity should have been; more complex, more variety, etc.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
9. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 10:29 Fion

This is why I don't watch television anymore. The commercials have gotten so bad, never mind that movies are plastered with advertisement (Amazing Spiderman 2 I'm looking at you!) but now even the tv shows are hardly about anything BUT a product they want to sell... even if it's amusing.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Launch Trailer
9. Re: Watch Dogs Launch Trailer May 22, 2014, 18:41 Fion

Cutter wrote on May 22, 2014, 17:44:
Squee?

Wow hell musta frozen over, cutter squee'ing!

oh um... squee!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2014, 12:20 Fion

Yea I'll probably wait a week to see what TotalBiscuit and Angry Joe say. It does look extremely fun, and Ubi generally turns out good games so in the end I expect to pick it up.

I'm still enjoying the hell out of Dark Souls 2 atm and picked up Transistor which is hella-good. So I don't need a new game yet anyway.

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses
6. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 14, 2014, 23:06 Fion

D3 expansion is pretty awesome. I've never seen a game turn such a 180. Looking forward to playin this shit out of this in the next few days.

Maybe.. just maybe my WoW will drop (Wand of Woe). I'm kinda pissed they nerfed Teleport (AGAIN!) but the other buffs to Wiz make up for it.

News Comments > Hearthstone Balance Change Plans
5. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans May 8, 2014, 10:28 Fion

I haven't dug into this game very much, just a casual game here or there between friends. That said it's a Blizzard game, so of course it's unbalanced. Hell Diablo 3 is unbalanced and thats a co-op game!  

3131 Comments. 157 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo