Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3154 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
21. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 22:41 Fion

Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:00:
My son really enjoys the crap outta GW2, his favorite game by far.

For younger audiences this is about the best mmo experience you can ask for all things considered.

Still nothing like the first, but it's found a place with the younger generation.

On the other hand a lot of my friends who play and guildies are in our 30's and 40's and enjoy the hell because I can log in a few hours a week and feel like I got to experience a story or progress my character, do some PvP or get into WvW with my guild.

I'm pretty hyped about the expansion, but I'll be keeping it check. I'm very happy to see there's not a level cap increase or new 'tier' of gear to grind through (or farm through).

My biggest question is what will the 3 live teams be doing while we wait for the expansion, which picks up right after the finale of Season 2. I spose there's plenty they could do, bring back SAB, introduce new fractals, bring back some of the better content from Season 1, repair Lion's Arch. I'll personally be using that time to finish my personal story on my main, getting all my exotics upgraded to ascended and stocking up on as many mats as I can in anticipation of the new Precursor system. I've always wanted a Meteorlogicus but never had the time, materials or time/money to get the precursor to make one.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2015, 23:05.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month
7. Re: Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month Jan 23, 2015, 15:00 Fion

I have so much fun playing them I cannot wait until all episodes in a season are out. Totally looking forward to Ep 2.

And yes, I hope they are hard at work on The Wolf Among Us. That was their best work yet.

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
21. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 15:23 Fion

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 13:27:
For me it was all about Tie Fighter, i played Xwing and XvT but i didnt enjoy them nearly as much.

Same here. I've replayed every game on this list and then some countless times. Classic Lucasarts put out some incredible games and a number of them are on my list of favorite games ever. I've played dozens.. hundreds of incredible games over the decades but Tie Fighter is and always has been my favorite game of all time.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
12. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2015, 16:50 Fion

Yea he is pretty generic. Nice to see the game for Innovation though, the Nemesis system is pretty awesome. It isn't like 'game changing' industry wise but it put a great spin on an otherwise average action game.  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
5. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2015, 15:40 Fion

Man, Bungie must be 'donating' a small fortune to these award organizations. They keep getting Destiny nominated for GotY.

I mean.. outstanding innovation in gaming? WTF?

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2015, 16:48.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
10. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 13:55 Fion

If a delay means they get it right, I'm all for it. Frankly they have a lot to prove. Comparisons to Divinity: Original Sin (an astoundingly good RPG) are inevitable.

Obsidian has a shaky history. They've created some amazing games but at least twice as many forgettable ones. Here's hoping this one is a hit. 2014 was a great year for RPGs. I hope to see the trend continue into 2015.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Trailer
5. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Trailer Jan 13, 2015, 21:25 Fion

I don't play but nice to see they are doing good and releasing content regularly. I mean if there's one thing I hate it's a Pay2Play MMO that releases little-to-no content besides content behind a pay-wall. (I'm looking at you WoW!)  

News Comments > The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat Released; OS X Version Next Month
2. Re: The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat Released; OS X Version Next Month Jan 13, 2015, 20:04 Fion

Apparently it contains significantly more content for the same price as Sims 3 'Stuff' packs did. My SO is playing the shit out of this.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2015, 13:23 Fion

All you people talk about this time of year is Hand-Egg. :/  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2015, 13:46 Fion

Isn't the FCC ruling due to hit in early February? I'm not too worried about congress fucking that up for the american people. If you think they can draft a bill, get it out of committee, passed in the house, almost certainly altered in the senate requiring it to be passed in the house again, then to the Veto process and back to the senate for a 2/3rds vote in a months time? You're kidding yourself.

I don't care how much money is flowing through congress at the moment. They couldn't pass a (certain to be vetoed) bill in that time frame if their children's lives depended on it.

News Comments > Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
9. Re: Roll20 Virtual Tabletop Jan 6, 2015, 14:30 Fion

Kxmode wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 22:30:

That's wonderful that you know about it. Posting it on Blues News will make it known to more gamers especially those who have yet to try pen and paper gaming. I know some of you are burnt out on MMOs. Why not try an "old school MMO"?

Plus you can ask the DM to roll the die to see if you're getting drunk! Drunk2

You are of course correct. As always with PnP gaming, the more the merrier.

Oh and as a GM personally I wouldn't make you roll, instead I'd ask how many drinks you've had and compare it to your constitution modifier. Unless of course you've been drinking dwarven ale. Then you earn a drunkenness achievement.

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
19. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 14:11 Fion

Soundblaster is to the sound card market as MacDonalds is to the restaurant market. If you do nothing on your computer that has anything to do with sound, your virtually better off with the crappy onboard sound your mobo came with.

That said, onboard sound is shit, absolute shit. Is it sufficient? Certainly, but if you do anything with sound on your computer get yourself a sound card. Even a $30 ASUS XONAR DG will dramatically improve the quality of audio your PC produces. I think folks are so used to not using a sound card anymore that they simply don't realize how 'average' onboard sound is.

So... I'm I the only one who still misses his Aureal A3D? Best sound card I ever owned.. period.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2015, 14:19.

News Comments > Guild Wars Season 2 Finale Trailer
1. Re: Guild Wars Season 2 Finale Trailer Jan 6, 2015, 14:07 Fion

Season 2 finale? That would make it quite significantly shorter than Season 1. That said, S2 has also been quite significantly bette, though I doubt the final episode will be quite so world shattering. S2 has been a knock out success with nearly every episode being amazing. I've yet to finish the last episode personally cause of the holidays but seems I have a few weeks.  

News Comments > Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
2. Re: Roll20 Virtual Tabletop Jan 5, 2015, 19:00 Fion

Why is this on Bluesnews? It's been available for like 2+ years now.

Most of the features are free. I've been using it since it came out, most of that time without subscribing. They update it regularly with new features (most of them free) and these days I do subscribe. It gets you a few nifty GM features like dynamic shadows and significantly more storage space for all your art assets, but I mostly subscribe because I like what they do and hope they keep doing it. The highest 'tier' lets you use their API to make content. Most the money they make is on the market that sells adventures, custom tokens, battlemaps, etc.

For those who love to play Pen & Paper RPGs but your group is to spread out to get together more than a few times a year, it's a fantastic and very user friendly resource. The more we can get on there the more fun to be had by all. Check out the subreddit r/roll20 or r/LFG.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 13:28 Fion

Hell if I know.

I bought This War of Mine in the last days of the sale and I must say, worth every penny. What a bleak, painful, sorrowful game that is. I haven't made it very far yet, when something terrible inevitably happens I've been just restarting. I need to keep going, and see where the the game takes me.. most likely into manic depression. :p

News Comments > Not Even One "M" in Square Enix MMOGs
6. Re: Not Even One Jan 2, 2015, 12:49 Fion

Less than 1-mil between the three? I thought FFXIV was this mega-awesome MMOG that everyone adored? I never tried it, ever since GW2 came out I've had no real interest in the scene.

And yes, an MMOG can be successful and produce revenue without reaching WoW numbers, there are plenty of MMOGs that are successful in their own right.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One End Nears
6. Re: Diablo III Season One End Nears Dec 31, 2014, 13:03 Fion

Apparently there will be a month between when Season 1 ends and Season 2 begins and 'season 1 won't end until at least February' according to Blizz. Why they are dragging this out so much with now months of 2.1.2 testing is beyond me. Everyone is so freaking bored right now. The game is nearly empty beyond the handful of hardcore players in my clan (I log a few hours a week myself).

As to D2 having a better ladder system, D2 was my least favorite of the series (I know, an opinion in the minority) but it did some things best of any, such as loot and build variety. D3 is quickly catching up in that respect and has come a long freaking way since Launch.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 31, 2014, 12:29 Fion

First Guy's GotY is Watch Dogs of all things.

Though at least by page 3 we see someone pick Dark Souls 2 (+DLC). I've found DS2 to be easily one of the greatest games of the year, though I realize a good number of gamers dislike it because of it's difficulty. Almost every 'top game of 2014' list is utterly devoid of my personal GotY.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2014, 12:34.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 27, 2014, 13:07 Fion

I think more likely, 10 million people signed up for that free month to get free 2-day shipping only to cancel it when the 'auto-pay' kicks in.

News Comments > Diablo III Experience Bonus
12. Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 11:34 Fion

Extremely easy to get geared for T6? I must be playing a different game, though frankly I play rather casually. I have 175 hours on my main char and still struggle with him on T4.

Granted.. that char is a Wizard. On top of that Leg drop rates are wonky. I might get 4 in a single rift or none over the course of three. 90% of what drops for me is utterly useless. My Wand of Woe is the best drop I've ever gotten. Hell I haven't even gotten more than 4 pieces of Firebirds.

And to reply on Greed portals, yea they need a fix. I have about 500 Rift Keystones. Once I got a good Ring of Royal Grandeur I've hardly run any bounties since.

3154 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo