Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3249 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
24. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 14:34 Fion

I'm replaying Fallout 3 and New Vegas during the gaming 'dry season' that is the mid-summer months. Currently a good ways into Fallout 3, with some mods that improve graphics, spice up gameplay a bit. I never did any of the DLC back in the day which I had heard was very solid, so I got them all for $25 on steam. So far I'm definitely impressed.

As to the game being basically done and they are working on fixes. Let's remember this is a Bethesda RPG and that means an insane number of quirks and bugs on their aging engine. So taking an extra 6 months to fix that stuff is all good in my book.

Obviously also the teams that are finished are probably working on the DLC too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans
12. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans Jul 24, 2015, 13:10 Fion

Oh Microsoft you need to stop trying to turn PC's into a console. It's never going to happen and your never going to have the kind of power and control you do over the xbox.

I mean seriously, exclaiming it's availability on Windows 10 as if it were an exclusive platform? Get outa here!

Adored the Tombraider reboot and have been anticipating this game for a while. I hope the PC port is solid or at least that it has steam controller support, cause I'll almost certainly have one by then.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Next Month
2. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Next Month Jul 24, 2015, 12:52 Fion

I just recently picked up Dragonfall, I've played a bit but other games have kinda superseeded it, like GTA 5 and Witcher 3.  

News Comments > Bombshell Trailer
10. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 12:51 Fion

I don't mind the isometric, makes it feel a bit more RPG that way. All I'd like to see is a PC version without that stupid radial menu, let me hot-key everything instead please!

All in all it looks like a decent romp. I'd pick it up for $20, especially if it had good like 4 player co-op with decent synergy between abilities.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2015, 12:56 Fion

Whats most impressive about this is that she nails the aria (the first half) of the song which professionals will tell you is the hardest part. I think that is why the female judge 'turned around' so rapidly, she knew if she could hit that Aria, she had amazing talent for her age.

The second part has a lot of pitch shifting and while she has a little trouble with it and doesn't hit some of those high notes, it's still damn impressive for a young teenager.

And yea, 5th Element is a permanent fixture on my Netflix list.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
19. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 12:45 Fion

Alamar wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 12:32:
What a bunch of fart smellers... I may have that backwards...

I have no interest in any of this DLC... New vanity shit does nothing for me. But even ignoring the consistent functional updates (that I do care about), they've made a very interesting/smart choice with pumping out all this mini shit ever few weeks... Keeps people talking about it, which is 'near free' marketing... Those on the fence, keep getting bombarded by new 'free content', making the purchase sound that much sweeter... And every thread has people talking about what a great game this was... That last part is pretty important I guess, otherwise, 17 or so reminders of a shitty game might not have such a positive effect ; )

Ever heard the expression 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth'. Well by bitching about content you get for free you certainly count as doing so. Sure most of it has been just new skins for major NPCs but there have been a few funny or interesting quests, new gear sets to go after for Geralt and Roach (his horse). I agree with you the strategy wouldn't really help a bad game, or had a small price tag (horse armor anyone?), but Witcher 3 is widely considered one of the best games in the last decade, and so bitching about DLC that only gives you more options and content for FREE is rather borish.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
5. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 10:51 Fion

Love these guys at CDPR, I'll definitely be buying the expansions!

Great patch too, with some much needed stuff like a book inventory tab, pinned ingredients and a stash!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Logitech Is Changing Its Name to Jul 8, 2015, 13:46 Fion

The most widely recognized and arguably best computer peripheral brand in the world decides to remove 'tech' from it's name? WTF kind of fail idea is that? That's almost as bad as when Netflix wanted to change its name to Qwikster.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content Jul 8, 2015, 13:25 Fion

I loved this game, at least the primary quests. The main storyline was solid, with parts of it extremely well done and moving. Sure the story is the same generic story Bioware tells in every one of their games but who cares. Sadly the secondary content in the game is almost exclusively terrible. After the first dragon fight or two they become extremely generic (and thus incredibly easy to defeat).

Then of course along came Witcher 3 with a main storyline worthy of an oscar and secondary content that is almost just as good. I've found compelling, emotional, interesting content in Witcher 3 way off the beaten path, such as on the tiny islands in Skellige.

News Comments > Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week
22. Re: Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week Jul 7, 2015, 14:18 Fion

This is a pretty damn awesome patch. I don't know who the games UI designer(s) are but they clearly fucked up the inventory system. Perhaps my most wanted here was a player stash. All that witcher gear really adds up and yes I'm one of those guys who wants to make everything even if I just end up wearing Cat gear most the time. :p

Now if only they'd release a patch that rebalances the level curve. It's fine lower levels but 10+ you level super fast and it becomes extremely easy to over-level. In my main game by the time I was doing the first few level 12 Skellige missions I was level 25. The reason? I did a LOT of PoI's and side-missions but I still had dozens more to do. So I decided to start over, with the intention to only doing the main missions (and a few side-things if I need the levels) and while I'm still in the middle of red baron/witches I'm already starting to be over-leveled and I've barely touched the side-content.

Come on CDPR, you really need to fix this issue.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 11:36 Fion

I agree, woman's can be pretty dirty, just in a different way.

I think the obvious reason US women do so well in the world cup is that we have a strong tradition of young girls playing soccer while boys are generally told to go play football and bash each others heads in because soccer is a girl's sport.

That said the culture on football as the world knows it is changing, I think in large part to latinos who have brought a love of the sport with them as they've immigrated here. It may take 20 years but we might just be a major player in men's soccer as well.

And hey, that bad call penalty kick from the US vs. Germany. There were some pretty shitty calls in that Germany v France game that led to you guys advancing so hey.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 5, 2015, 13:40 Fion

People still use iTunes?  

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Videos
4. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 12:49 Fion

I coulda swore they said randomly gen one or make your own but perhaps that was just what I wanted to hear. If that's the case I doubt I'll bother really. You need a good set of tools to design your own worlds in order to get anything truly interesting. And is it just me or is there no scripting? The tools look to me as a very stripped down, basic version of what we had a Neverwinter Nights 1/2. On the upside they seem much more comprehensive than the Neverwinter MMO. Speaking of MMOGs, you know which MMO had great custom content tools? City of Heroes.

I guess my hope that this game will offer a custom tool system as comprehensive as NWN2 was a pipe dream.

News Comments > Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC
12. Re: Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC Jul 1, 2015, 14:11 Fion

It's not unplayable at all with KB/M, just a simple script fixes the mouse lag. However, with 40% of the sales being on PC perhaps... just perhaps it'll convince them to fix this issue with DS3. If they don't, I hope it supports a Steam Controller at least.

I personally never played DS1 but DS2 was my GotY last year. I loved every dark, creepy and frustrating second of it. It's not that the game is super-hard, but rather that it punishes mistakes. If forces you to slow down and plan each strike and movement. Though the DLC's did up the difficulty significantly.

But once you beat that hard ass level you died a dozen times in, or finally killed that boss you had a hard time with solo, the rewards were tremendous, both the feeling of personal accomplishment and the gear you would get. Working toward a specific set of gear, with the animation set and style you wanted with the right build was so fun. But perhaps best of all about the DS series is the level design. You never know what's coming next.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2015, 14:19.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Chris Avellone Stretch Goal
7. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Chris Avellone Stretch Goal Jun 29, 2015, 15:14 Fion

So he's leaving Torment: ToN early too? Damnit Chris!  

News Comments > Bombshell E3 Trailer; Game Playable at QuakeCon
3. Re: Bombshell E3 Trailer; Game Playable at QuakeCon Jun 26, 2015, 13:38 Fion

Looks like a decently fun little $20 romp. Voice acting is terrible though.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 24, 2015, 13:15 Fion

Yet another reason I abandoned Facebook.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
26. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 13:09 Fion

One thing this fiasco points out is just how disingenuous the reviewing system is in gaming. Checking Meta-critic, this game has a score of 91 on all platforms but the PC. Witcher 3 on the other hand has a score of 92. The casual buyer based off reviews would think these two games were both great when in reality the gulf in quality between the two is enormous.

Thankfully the fan rating for the Batman game is in the 60's, even on consoles.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted
5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 22, 2015, 14:33 Fion

Seems every new game that comes out has issues with AMD (even when they have an AMD logo on the intro) that requires a new driver to fix... maybe.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
11. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 14:30 Fion

There will be graphics mods on the PC version within a month that vastly out-strip the games base graphics anyway.  

3249 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo