Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3054 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 31, 2014, 20:50 Fion

Stupid teenagers and their power trip. DDoS some MMOGs and you'll probly get away with it. Call in a few bomb threats, divert a plane and the FBI will put you in a hole as long as they deem fit. Those are two vastly different things. What's really funny is how much they pissed off other hacker groups (if you can call DDoS attacks 'hacking') so they exposed them.

Sure we all do stupid things when we are teens. A friend and I once strung about 30 M80's into a long line and set them off at a trailer park about 2 am, down the road from where I grew up with a friend. We managed to dodge the cops, barely. We were smart enough not to set them near cars or fuel tanks heh.

I'm glad the attacks are over, was ruining my leisure time lol.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 31, 2014, 20:21 Fion

I wouldn't say Season 2 of Walking Dead is better than S1 at all. The first three episodes were pretty average (save perhaps the first). That said, it did end with a bang and a lot of potential for next season considering how wildly the ending varies based on choices.

I will say that by the end I was as emotionally distraught as I was by the end of S1. Especially with what happens to Clem 2/3 the way through. It still amazes me that this is the only game to elicit as large an emotional response as a great book or a terrific movie. I've seen some people say the same about Bioshock: Infinite with Elizabeth but the final events of the Rapture DLC Ep2 had not remotely the same impact on me as S2Ep5 of Walking Dead has, let alone the later episodes of S1.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
22. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 30, 2014, 23:34 Fion

Actually folks D3 did a pretty solid 180 with 2.0 and the expansion. Loot got good, content got broader and dozens of QoL improvements really helped freshen up the game. 2.1 has helped that even further. It's still a grindy game but it is Diablo, that'll never change.

I've only found 2 goblin portals but they are pretty fun. I actually found the boss to be pretty interesting. She (?) isn't hard to defeat but fun to do so. The chest at the end is rather hilarious.

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Trailers
3. Re: Lords of the Fallen Trailers Aug 28, 2014, 19:08 Fion

I know very little about this game besides that it's supposedly quite the Dark Souls clone and its coming out in october. It's a crowded fall for game this year so that's not unexpected.

Now Knut Avenstroup Haugen on the otherhand is my favorite game composer. He's not as well known as Jeremy Soule, but his music is fantastic, often percussion heavy. Perhaps his most famous work is from Age of Conan, and it's most popular track Er the World Crumbles sung by Helene Boskle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1WuxOeqsIU

News Comments > Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes)
7. Re: Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes) Aug 27, 2014, 23:21 Fion

Rhino wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 20:39:
Aside from the lack of review copies being sent out, which is never a good sign, there is also this:

http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952/89-features-missing-from-the-sims-4

Some of them aren't terribly noteworthy (no acne, as an example); but some of the others are eye catching to me.

And here's a list of 138 features in Sims 4 that aren't in Sims 3 or weren't at launch. Just for comparison sake.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/768614.page

My SO is pretty excited and while some of the things on your list she'll miss, there are plenty of new feature's she's just as excited about. I myself will wait and see, but I'll probly end up giving it a shot.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 15:12 Fion

Very much looking forward to this. Co-op was probably done out of house like so many games these days do things, so its hard to say if it'll stand up the quality of the game itself.

So yea totally pumped, blue group ftw.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
23. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 16:42 Fion

I'm glad to see it coming out on PS4, it's a great game with RoS so the more people able to play it the better. I'll be sticking to PC as I'm not a fan of controllers and especially in T6 ladders not having the ability to target anywhere but directly in front of my character would be a big limitation.

And interesting on the treasure goblins Jacobvandy. Here's hoping I get one of those rare goblin-filled rifts today!

Edit: Found a goblin rift pretty early. Thanks to 100% gold I got 16m gold out of it, about 25 gems mostly imperial, a legendary gem (boon of the hoarder) and 2 mediocre legendaries. Not a bad haul, especially the gold. Final boss is a lot of fun to fight too.

Oh and this was on an alt that just hit 70 doing T1 for some legendaries. I've heard in t6 with the current buff it's more like 180 million.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2014, 20:14.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 18:47 Fion

Do you know why True Blood stopped being interesting in the least in the last 3-4 seasons? Because that's when they stopped following the books!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 25, 2014, 18:40 Fion

Glad to see another state and city working on providing their citizens a vital tool to compete in the 21st century, gigabit broadband. Those states who have signed deals (for loads of cash no doubt) to keep gigabit out of their states are clearly too stupid to realize just how much this will hurt their attractiveness to businesses. Tax breaks only go so far, if business A can't get internet faster than 50MBps they aren't going to move to your state they can get 1GBps for a similar price in another. And you can be damn sure the big cable companies do everything they can to provide as little as they can for as much $ as they possible can.  

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
14. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 18:30 Fion

Why do I get the feeling that this purchase is related to their product line. Everyone knows the available twitch apps on IOS and Android are shit. Same with their purchase of Comixology. Their app isn't shit but owning the biggest digital comic book/graphic novel store around is no small thing.

And yes I'm sure the guys at twitch are happy with this and so am I. If they were going to be bought by someone (and they were to big NOT to have) I'm glad it's not Google. Google has already pushed 3/4 of the game-based channels off the site because of their rights management bullshit. I'd have hated to see that happen on twitch.

News Comments > MMOGs Under Attack
9. Re: MMOGs Under Attack Aug 22, 2014, 19:12 Fion

GW2 at least there was a fairly recent community uproar over lack of communication but it settled down pretty rapidly. As to the other MMOGs, I'm not sure who has a beef.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2014, 02:06.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Diary
5. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Diary Aug 21, 2014, 23:26 Fion

/em dives into his backlog like scrooge mcduck!

Seriously though I haven't even finished the first campaign. So many games, so little time.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 in Beta; iOS LoG Announced
2. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 in Beta; iOS LoG Announced Aug 21, 2014, 23:23 Fion

In a volcano this time? Bitchin!

Then again this is just one more sequel in the works for a game I haven't finished. Backlog ho!

News Comments > Dishonored Free Weekend
5. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 21, 2014, 23:18 Fion

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:46:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:22:
Are there people that don't own this yet?

Tens of millions of Steam users? It really isn't that popular of a game.

I don't know why, it's the best stealth/action game since Thief 2 and probably the best game in a year full of great games. Any fans of the genre who haven't played it are really.. really missing out.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 20, 2014, 13:18 Fion

You know Bliz, you might retain more players if you actually released content that wasn't locked behind a paywall more than once a year.

As to sequels, I don't expect a WoW sequel for some time, they do have that scifi MMOG in the works but it too is years away because initially they were building a casual MMOG but when WoW subs really started to drop they announced they were rebuilding it from the ground up. You know Blizz, that means at least 3 more years.

News Comments > Metro 2033/Redux Comparison
8. Re: Metro 2033/Redux Comparison Aug 20, 2014, 13:10 Fion

I just recently finished Last Light after getting it on the summer sale. It's fantastic and indeed the engine and improved stealth system would certainly work to make a more stunning and enjoyable 2033 which had a horrible stealth system.

At some point I'll be replaying them both again to get the positive endings, even though - at least in 2033 - the negative one is cannon.

Either way they are both tremendous shooters,you cannot beat getting both - with the new engine - for $5!

News Comments > One Hour of The Evil Within on Video
1. Re: One Hour of The Evil Within on Video Aug 18, 2014, 23:14 Fion

Isn't this a PS4 exclusive?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2014, 12:28 Fion

Yea they are putting the Halloween stuff out so they can switch over to Christmas in mid-September.  

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
11. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 15:36 Fion

There's and old Quake 3 mod similar to this, I want to say Goliath mod but it was ages ago. Players switch between normal with one person as the giant robot with super weapons. Who ever kills the giant robot becomes it, winner is who ever spent the most time as the robot. It was crazy fun and I played a tun of it at lan parties. So 4v1 'can' work and 'can' be crazy fun.

Have they showed a match from hunter pov yet? Sure the monsters are cool but I want to see hunter options, powers, upgrading, what ever.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details
5. Re: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details Aug 15, 2014, 11:28 Fion

I stopped playing WoW when I realized I was paying $180 a year for content mostly locked beyond a paywall and 2-3 non-paid updates every 2 years. I still know people who play but I could never go back. For them at least I hope its fun.  

3054 Comments. 153 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo