Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3169 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
25. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 27, 2015, 14:47 Fion

I don't know where you went to find 'almost no players outside of PvP' but I suspect it was in the middle of no-where in some mid-lvl zone. But even those aren't empty these days... especially if there's a Daily goal in them.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 12:21 Fion

Fion wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 12:18:
Wow this is as much asnd more camera changes that the community has been requesting for some time. Glad to see it finally coming. I figured they were working on camera stuff because it wasn't that long ago they adjusted camera height to be based on race now instead of the same for all races.

And Wtf_man, your talking about the level 80 zones collectively called Orr. You may be interested to note that the whole 'monster density problem' was toned down a little some time ago and there are half a dozen zones for level 80 in the game these days. Though if you do your personal story it'll always take you there, it's entirely optional.

4. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 12:18 Fion

Wow this is as much asnd more camera changes that the community has been requesting for some time. Glad to see it finally coming.

And Wtf_man, your talking about the level 80 zones collectively called Orr. You may be interested to note that the whole 'monster density problem' was toned down a little some time ago and there are half a dozen zones for level 80 in the game these days. Though if you do your personal story it'll always take you there, it's entirely optional.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 14, 2015, 13:34 Fion

The Icar will be sleek and futuristic. The really cool hipsters will drive them to and from the coffee shop to work on their novels. The Icar will track your cars every location, with bloated, slow and unavoidable software that is increasingly broken or out dated.

The fascinating, world changing, magical Icar will have half the functionality and features of it's competition but cost twice as much.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvP Details
9. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvP Details Feb 13, 2015, 15:18 Fion

As someone who came partially from GW1 I am extremely happy Anet isn't catering to the 'more gear grind, higher level cap' crowd. In GW1 the level cap was 20 from the get go and never rose. That doesn't mean there wasn't gear that's difficult to get, just that the really difficult stuff had the same stats as anything else. I'm a fan of such systems because it prevents things like Stat Inflation which makes previous content absolutely useless. Is anyone going to deny that before Cataclysm in WoW, the core continent was a ghost town? The only time my guild ever did anything on it was to run old 40-man dungeons with 7 guys just to see if we could.

Assuming that Masteries are just a gear grind by another name is just that, a gigantic assumption. We simply don't know enough about them yet, how hard or easy it is to unlock a line and max it out. It appears that most long-term players will unlock a whole bunch of them right from the get go for completing previous content.

News Comments > D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year
4. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 12, 2015, 17:56 Fion

Interesting project but "based on 5th edition Dungeons & dragons' makes me a little leary that this will be yet another RPG that is D&D in name only.

I hope I'm wrong.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth DLC "Unlikely"
3. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth DLC Feb 5, 2015, 10:34 Fion

I would have loved some DLC too but it's a great game on its own.

I'm still bitter about Ubisoft getting the lisence. For one I doubt they'll ever do anything with it and for two they've been tripping over themselves lately to see who can make the worse game.

News Comments > Sony Online Entertainment Sold
6. Re: Sony Online Entertainment Sold Feb 2, 2015, 13:55 Fion

Well so long SOE. It was... fun?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 29, 2015, 22:07 Fion

Yep time warner cable here and 16 up/1 down as well. Frankly that's pathetic by world standards and unbearably slow to anyone who's ever spent any time in Europe, let alone Asia. I can get access to about twice that but the price to do so is exorbitant. 50/1 is hundreds of dollars a month.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably)
3. Re: Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably) Jan 28, 2015, 11:30 Fion

Apparently patch 2.1.2 was very solid, lots of fun to be had. I've not been playing because I've got other shit to do and I'm waiting for Season 2 to start to unlock those new skins (cause I'm a glutton or something). That and I'm not looking forward to the grind for an Ancient Wand of Woe.  

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
9. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 14:35 Fion

I want it to be a good game. I'm gonna use that code and buy it but not until AFTER they fix the performance issues. I enjoyed the hell out of Dead Island, though sadly everything they've made since that game has been crap on a stick.  

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
1. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 13:39 Fion

Yea I don't trust the whole 'nobody got review copies until the day of release' what so ever.

I won't be buying the game until I see a review from TB or Angry Joe.

News Comments > Dying Light Launch Trailer
6. Re: Dying Light Launch Trailer Jan 26, 2015, 21:13 Fion

I'm not buying day 1. The first Dead Island was indeed very solid at least until late in the game but everything they've releases since then has been shit.

I'll watch some reviews from people I trust and await the GreenManGaming discount I'm certainly to be emailed at any time before I - potentially - buy it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2015, 13:22 Fion

Microsofts Hololense seems to be very cool and the obvious reason they bought Minecraft. But I wouldn't trust their little hype video as far as I could throw it. Let us remember the initial video demonstrations of Kinect.

Still, it's a good time to be a PC gamer as these new augmented and virtual reality systems are inspiring and may change gaming as we know it.. and only a PC has the power to run them.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2015, 13:10 Fion

That Sling TV article is adressed to me. No, I don't want live tv. I cut the cord not because I was sick of paying through the nose for TV so much as I was sick of commercials reducing the play time and quality of tv shows. I'm not a big fan of american football but that study a while back that said there's 11 minutes of play time in the three hour block of television a game takes up is indicative of the entire industry. Television is suffering under it because commercials now nearly take up as much time in an hour as the programming itself.

So if I have to illegally stream the shows I want to watch (besides those on netflix and *soon* HBO) to avoid the clusterfuck that is live television until they pull their head out of their asses. Then that is what I'll do.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
21. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 22:41 Fion

Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:00:
My son really enjoys the crap outta GW2, his favorite game by far.

For younger audiences this is about the best mmo experience you can ask for all things considered.

Still nothing like the first, but it's found a place with the younger generation.

On the other hand a lot of my friends who play and guildies are in our 30's and 40's and enjoy the hell because I can log in a few hours a week and feel like I got to experience a story or progress my character, do some PvP or get into WvW with my guild.

I'm pretty hyped about the expansion, but I'll be keeping it check. I'm very happy to see there's not a level cap increase or new 'tier' of gear to grind through (or farm through).

My biggest question is what will the 3 live teams be doing while we wait for the expansion, which picks up right after the finale of Season 2. I spose there's plenty they could do, bring back SAB, introduce new fractals, bring back some of the better content from Season 1, repair Lion's Arch. I'll personally be using that time to finish my personal story on my main, getting all my exotics upgraded to ascended and stocking up on as many mats as I can in anticipation of the new Precursor system. I've always wanted a Meteorlogicus but never had the time, materials or time/money to get the precursor to make one.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2015, 23:05.

News Comments > Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month
7. Re: Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month Jan 23, 2015, 15:00 Fion

I have so much fun playing them I cannot wait until all episodes in a season are out. Totally looking forward to Ep 2.

And yes, I hope they are hard at work on The Wolf Among Us. That was their best work yet.

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
21. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 15:23 Fion

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 13:27:
For me it was all about Tie Fighter, i played Xwing and XvT but i didnt enjoy them nearly as much.

Same here. I've replayed every game on this list and then some countless times. Classic Lucasarts put out some incredible games and a number of them are on my list of favorite games ever. I've played dozens.. hundreds of incredible games over the decades but Tie Fighter is and always has been my favorite game of all time.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
12. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2015, 16:50 Fion

Yea he is pretty generic. Nice to see the game for Innovation though, the Nemesis system is pretty awesome. It isn't like 'game changing' industry wise but it put a great spin on an otherwise average action game.  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
5. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2015, 15:40 Fion

Man, Bungie must be 'donating' a small fortune to these award organizations. They keep getting Destiny nominated for GotY.

I mean.. outstanding innovation in gaming? WTF?

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2015, 16:48.

3169 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo