Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3069 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2014, 11:07 Fion

The clear winner here is the PC. As usual.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: Destiny and Bungie Sep 15, 2014, 10:56 Fion

I assume your talking about Destiny?

Frankly even if it did come out on PC I doubt I'd buy it. Being a console exclusive has lead to a very console-oriented design. Multiplayer maps are extremely small, PvP is limited to 6v6. Gameplay revolves around grinding for the best guns so you can rock peoples world in PvP with a statistical advantage. A lot of that won't fly as a PC game.

It wouldn't be the first console shooter to come to PC and suck. Hell from the same exact company with Halo. On console it was a revolution that brought the shooter to consoles, intrucing things like team PvP and CtF. Meanwhile on PC it was a pretty generic corridor shooter that was basically the same hallway over and over in every map. Multiplayer was 'meh' thanks to tiny, boring maps and simplistic gameplay modes. Simply put the PC had far better shooters out before and during Halo's heyday.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2014, 11:02.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 14:12 Fion

It does look extremely fun. I'll almost certainly pick it up but I'm still going to wait a bit. I generally don't like to pre-order unless I really trust a company.. thus why Civ: BE is my only pre-order atm.  

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 11:35 Fion

I'm very much hyped for DA3. Plenty of vids showing off tactical combat and such. I don't expect it to approach DA1 (my favorite RPG of all time) but hey. As to Shadows of Mordor, I'm reasonably hyped about that. It seems fairly well done, Monolith has on occasion knocked it out of the park. I have a wait and see attitude though, I'm not about to preorder it.

Now Beyond Earth I absolutely have preordered. Cannot wait!

Edit: And yes, BoI: Rebirth looks like it's gonna be crazy fun to co-op.

News Comments > World of Speed Trailer
1. Re: World of Speed Trailer Sep 12, 2014, 00:20 Fion

What does it speak to that the game appears to be running at about 20 fps.. in the trailer.  

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
1. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 10:52 Fion

This comes out in october? How is it I just heard about it like a week ago. Seems interesting, though perhaps one-dimensional.  

News Comments > SimBin Declares Bankruptcy, Reforms as Sector 3
2. Re: SimBin Declares Bankruptcy, Reforms as Sector 3 Sep 11, 2014, 10:32 Fion

Hah don't they wish they were based in the US now. Where bankrupsy an be a 'strategic opportunity'.. if your a business.

Not that I'll miss them, they helped build the towering pile of shit that is the western F2P market.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Iphone 6 DOA Sep 10, 2014, 18:50 Fion

I don't know, it'll have it's market. After all the Plus has a $500 price tag 'with' contract and still quite dramatically behind the competition specs wise while also $200 more expensive.

But I guess that's par for the course when it comes to Apple products.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 09:40 Fion

What's with Stephen Hawking and his publicity stunt 'science news' lately? First it was 'aliens would come to take our world, so stop looking for them' now we have 'the Higgs Boson could destabilize space-time *cough* snowballs chance in hell and not without any technology we possess*cough*.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 9, 2014, 01:13 Fion

Yea an android-based phone without access to google play kinda kills amazon's tech for me. I mean my first tablet was a Kindle Fire and it was a pretty solid tablet but once I got my Nexus 10 I never looked back. On the other-hand there is no Prime app for android, which severely limits subscriber numbers but I can also see that it might drive appeal for their products.

And what to expect at Apple's big September 9 event? Loads of Sheeple. Just loads of them.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2014, 18:35 Fion

Yea def cool about the ripper. As usual article is misleading about the whole 'amateur uses DNA evidence' really means 'the world-renown forensic scientist the amateur hired, used DNA evidence'.  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 5, 2014, 21:55 Fion

Beamer wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 18:58:
Actually, and here's an Extra Credits video from 2.5 years ago asking for the end of "gamer" and the cleaning up of the community.

That video is in no way calling for the 'end of the gamer' but rather the end of it's stereotype as the virgin living in his parents basement screaming obscenities over his mic. That 'gamer' should and does mean more than it used to and that the culture needs to be less exclusive, to move away from the vitriol like the example of 'skull fucking your mother because you prefer the PS3 over the Xbox 360' and bullshit statements like 'casual gamers aren't gamers.'

I'm with Icewind on this one, I've long avoided websites like Kotaku & Buzzfeed. Besides a few 'trusted' youtubers bluesnews is strait forward and generally drama free (with the possible exception of this forum). It's all the gaming news I've needed since discovering this lovely website more than a decade ago.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2014, 22:04.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer
2. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer Sep 5, 2014, 21:41 Fion

I've yet to finish either previous game. I have like 80 hours on BL2 which is respectable but eventually the gameplay gets pretty tiresome with generic 'quests' that boil down to 'do this and maybe you'll get that awesome gun you heard about... maybe'. Then when you find Awesome Gun Model A it only really spices things up for an hour or two until it might as well be any gun. The slapstick comedy and the fairly varied skill system changes things up but eventually it just gets rather boring. Both have been on my backlist to finish for ages.  

News Comments > Camelot Unchained Testing Delayed
3. Re: Camelot Unchained Testing Delayed Sep 5, 2014, 21:36 Fion

Boy have these guys figured out they can rake the cash in by offering up peoples nostalgia on a platter to them and then trickle out bits and pieces of a game, if any at all.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 12:29 Fion

Oh come on, it's not like he hasn't taken the money and broken his promises before.

... oh wait

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2014, 12:38.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 31, 2014, 20:50 Fion

Stupid teenagers and their power trip. DDoS some MMOGs and you'll probly get away with it. Call in a few bomb threats, divert a plane and the FBI will put you in a hole as long as they deem fit. Those are two vastly different things. What's really funny is how much they pissed off other hacker groups (if you can call DDoS attacks 'hacking') so they exposed them.

Sure we all do stupid things when we are teens. A friend and I once strung about 30 M80's into a long line and set them off at a trailer park about 2 am, down the road from where I grew up with a friend. We managed to dodge the cops, barely. We were smart enough not to set them near cars or fuel tanks heh.

I'm glad the attacks are over, was ruining my leisure time lol.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 31, 2014, 20:21 Fion

I wouldn't say Season 2 of Walking Dead is better than S1 at all. The first three episodes were pretty average (save perhaps the first). That said, it did end with a bang and a lot of potential for next season considering how wildly the ending varies based on choices.

I will say that by the end I was as emotionally distraught as I was by the end of S1. Especially with what happens to Clem 2/3 the way through. It still amazes me that this is the only game to elicit as large an emotional response as a great book or a terrific movie. I've seen some people say the same about Bioshock: Infinite with Elizabeth but the final events of the Rapture DLC Ep2 had not remotely the same impact on me as S2Ep5 of Walking Dead has, let alone the later episodes of S1.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
22. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 30, 2014, 23:34 Fion

Actually folks D3 did a pretty solid 180 with 2.0 and the expansion. Loot got good, content got broader and dozens of QoL improvements really helped freshen up the game. 2.1 has helped that even further. It's still a grindy game but it is Diablo, that'll never change.

I've only found 2 goblin portals but they are pretty fun. I actually found the boss to be pretty interesting. She (?) isn't hard to defeat but fun to do so. The chest at the end is rather hilarious.

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Trailers
3. Re: Lords of the Fallen Trailers Aug 28, 2014, 19:08 Fion

I know very little about this game besides that it's supposedly quite the Dark Souls clone and its coming out in october. It's a crowded fall for game this year so that's not unexpected.

Now Knut Avenstroup Haugen on the otherhand is my favorite game composer. He's not as well known as Jeremy Soule, but his music is fantastic, often percussion heavy. Perhaps his most famous work is from Age of Conan, and it's most popular track Er the World Crumbles sung by Helene Boskle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1WuxOeqsIU

News Comments > Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes)
7. Re: Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes) Aug 27, 2014, 23:21 Fion

Rhino wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 20:39:
Aside from the lack of review copies being sent out, which is never a good sign, there is also this:

http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952/89-features-missing-from-the-sims-4

Some of them aren't terribly noteworthy (no acne, as an example); but some of the others are eye catching to me.

And here's a list of 138 features in Sims 4 that aren't in Sims 3 or weren't at launch. Just for comparison sake.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/768614.page

My SO is pretty excited and while some of the things on your list she'll miss, there are plenty of new feature's she's just as excited about. I myself will wait and see, but I'll probly end up giving it a shot.

3069 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo