Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3209 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Video
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Video May 28, 2015, 11:59 Fion

The driving mechanics look pretty weak. Batmobile can barely make a 45 degree turn at 30mph or what?

I'll wait for reviews. Feels like I've played this game three times over already.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Video
22. Re: Overwatch Video May 28, 2015, 03:12 Fion

I like the class. It's fast, has a crazy rewind mechanic and guns. I've always gone for the fast classes, though I played predominantly Pyro in TF2 with it's crazy kill streak potential followed by Soldier.

The maps so far seem pretty well done. They obviously hired some guys (and gals) with experience in making maps because they have good flow and a lot of verticality so far, if also being awfully small. I think one of the reason gameplay appears so fast is because the maps shown of so far are tiny. Like CoD multiplayer tiny.

My biggest complaint is the FOV, which Bliz has apparently locked down to 60. They do realize this is a PC shooter right? And a fast paced one at that? I'm almost nauseated just watching this, it'd probably be completely unplayable unless they bring that FOV out or give us a slider.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
9. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer May 21, 2015, 14:07 Fion

Yea, graphics are that way on purpose. Several games have hit lately with 'retro-RPG' graphics and design and have done very well. This is perhaps one of the biggest yet to come out. Inspired by Planescape: Torment, set in/mechanics based one of the most popular new Pen & Paper RPG systems - Numenera.

Gameplay seems a bit rough around the edges, low/jumpy framerate during scenes in this video. Been waiting a long time for this one and it appears it's still a ways off.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
15. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 13:59 Fion

If you turn the AA down on HairWorks it's not so bad, and it beautifies many of the animals and monsters in the game. Good bunch of patch notes, improved performance is always good.

One thing I don't see is a bug I've been experiencing where I can't play weather cards in Gwent. Could at first in the tutorial match but after that, never could again.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
35. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 11:23 Fion

I got in a bit of play time last night. GTX 770 Superclocked, i5 3570k, 8g ram. With Nvidia Hair on the framerate is crap, off and with 'high' settings (ultra textures) it's considerably better. Still fluctuated a bit so I'm hoping a patch will smooth things out.

As to first person option, that would be nice but so few games ever really work right in first person when it comes to melee combat that I am fine being stuck in 3rd person. Besides, it's not my story. It's Geralts.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
26. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 15:33 Fion

Game is playable in about 3 hours on GoG and I'm still waiting on Greenmangaming to send me my key. I used a 40% off code they sent me a while back.

Edit: Turns out if you ordered via GMG, codes will be available at release. So no pre-loading for me. Ah well the price I got it I don't mind waiting a few more hours.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2015, 16:01.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced
8. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced May 18, 2015, 15:30 Fion

I agree with TheGlaze, between this and Endless Legend I'd go with the latter. I mean I always played Civ for the historical bent, playing out old wars, the struggle for dominance in Europe, etc. If I want something civ-like with a fantasy/scifi bent than Endless Legend is the superior game by a long shot.

That said, it isn't unknown for an expansion to bring a Civ game around from 'meh' to 'awesome'. Civ V base wasn't all that great as I remember it. So who knows.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 14, 2015, 13:18 Fion

You know its bad for console games when only 10% of the games that come out are any good and 85% of those are remasters you've already played.  

News Comments > Overwatch Video
21. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 13:15 Fion

The hands don't take up any more screen space than a gun normally would so that doesn't bother me. The constant banter is something I would hope you could turn off. Other than that the issue seems to be the FoV, which looks to be set at 60. Huge no-no for a PC shooter.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 10, 2015, 18:05 Fion

100 hours in GTA 5 and no slow down in play yet.

I am eager for Witcher 3 but still haven't finished 2 yet. I plan on it but I can't.. stop... playing... GTA 5!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2015, 14:23 Fion

Where I live my town is adjacent to a large swamp. Right around early June the tufts from millions of cat tails will be released and cloud the town in a blanket of white. It's beautiful but I always feel terrible for the allergy sufferers.

And yea, Wallshadow, I highly recommend picking up at least BNW. I'm sure the expansions & DLC for Civ V will be pennies on the dollar come the summer sale. Civ V is a good game, BNW makes it a fantastic game.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 8, 2015, 13:26 Fion

Anet does a good job keeping out cheaters, botters and gold sellers. You see someone selling gold in chat and report it, an Arenanet employee is there within seconds to ban their account. They've all but removed gold spam from the game.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 30, 2015, 16:46 Fion

It's kind of hilarious watching the first real console MMO deal with classic MMO problems... and the console players bitch and moan about the game while they pump 30 hours a week into it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Microsoft Health and Band Updates Bring New Cycling App Integrations, Insights and Features. Apr 24, 2015, 12:38 Fion

I may have the 2nd worse cable company in the US as my broadband provider, but at least it isn't going to combine with the 1st.

I'm so glad the FCC is standing up to this shit these days. Now if only we could get the government to break these non-competing companies up or force competition onto them in some way. The new 25 down/5 up min for 'cable' is nice to see but frankly that's still WAY behind what the rest of the world offers, for 1/3rd the price-tag.

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
19. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 12:26 Fion

According to Broduel, a fairly famed (within the community) youtuber who does mod reviews, 25% goes to the mod maker and the remaining 75% is split between Steam & Bethesda. I've also heard that the mod maker doesn't make a red cent until at least $100 is made from their mod(s).

I'm all for modder's getting a return for something they invested time and energy in. But on steam they aren't gonna get shit. For those really serious about modding, it's a great jumping off point for getting in the industry. Hell dozens of great Skyrim modders have already made that transition and continue to make great mods in their own free time.

My biggest qualm is none of these mods seem particularly keen. $5 for Midas Magic Gold? That gets you 10 new spells over the free versions 100-odd fun but completely unbalanced new spells. Your better off using Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim and it's companion enchanting mod to get hundreds of (mostly) well balanced new spells, magic staff crafting, hundreds of new and interesting enchantments that change up gameplay and it's all 100% free.

The REAL problem with this system is that almost every major mod these days integrates or relies on another. 80% of all mods in the last year requires SkyUI because it integrates the mods customization menu into the SkyUI mod interface. That's the largest example but almost every mod is built upon the back of previous ones. What about the thousands of mods that require SKSE (a scripting framework)? Or nearly every single mod that uses Fore's New Idles to add custom animations? So who gets what money when a new mod requires or is built upon others? When mods are free you can just thank those mod authors or ask permission and easily get it. It's a collaborative environment, mod making. But when money becomes involved it's a potential legal mess.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2015, 12:52.

News Comments > Telltale Marvel Game Plans
3. Re: Telltale Marvel Game Plans Apr 24, 2015, 12:12 Fion

This is awesome news. Two years isn't that long and a lot of these Marvel IP's have big enough brand recognition that I don't think it really matters who hero(es) it features.

Either way, I'm sure it'll be awesome fun.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 12:31 Fion

I've found I can successfully push the settings up to 2.5g (on my 2g GTX770 Superclocked) without any problems, glitches or slow downs. The video card runs a little hotter than I'd like at about 75c, not that hot I realize but few games push it past 60c.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
26. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 11, 2015, 01:37 Fion

EVGA GTX770 Superclocked 2gig SLI  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
13. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 10, 2015, 22:04 Fion

I really need to finish Witcher 2. I'm in the middle act Act 2 so shouldn't be hard to get through it before this comes out. There's just been a lot of great games this spring, and GTA V is sure to take a lot of my time starting on Tuesday. I'm sure I'll pick this up though, if not when it initially hits.

Great trailer though.

Is it 1358 yet?

No.

Than fuck off!

I'm so befriending that vamp if I get the chance.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2015, 15:34 Fion

Could have sworn I heard the Ipad killed itself.  

3209 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo