Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3306 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Announced
7. Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Announced Jan 26, 2016, 14:09 Fion

Did I see them pull off a co-op combo movie at about 1m? Pretty sweet.

I think this game looks like it could be a blast. Ignoring all the garbage of recent years for a cell-shaded retro late-80's Turtles setup. The art style isn't my cup of tea but if the co-op is solid and the combat is as tight and fun as this looks, I'm in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 17, 2016, 17:26 Fion

I've been having quite a lot of fun with Dragon's Dogma myself. I don't own a console so never bought it previously but it's a solid port with a lot of the little features PC gamer's look for, like an FoV slider. For RPG fans who haven't considered the game, it's similar to an elder scrolls game with a bit of dark souls thrown in.

My only complaints are that the quests are really generic and it doesn't recognize my steam controller for some reason, but the PC controls are good enough that I haven't needed it so hey.

But the combat, exploration, character and pawn mechanics are so interesting and fun that I don't really care about the quests being bland.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2016, 14:44 Fion

IMHO the console VR won't be very good. I expect it to be extremely gimmicky like Kinect was. The consoles simply do not have the hardware to do reasonably good VR. I suspect the games will be quite basic, probably largely 2d or throw-back 3d and if not, the games will be quite low fps. The PS4 has a hard enough time getting a single game to run at 60 fps on 1080p, VR needs 90fps at least, 120fps preferable.

I can see the cost being that high if the PSVR ships with like an external CPU/GPU to help power the headset.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed
5. Re: Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed Jan 6, 2016, 15:43 Fion

There's a mod that adds FoV slider to the game. I haven't personally tried it though.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 12:29 Fion

They do realize that average 30megabits per second (at a cost of ~$75 per month I'm thinking) is still WELL below the European average, let alone the average in Asia.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
7. Re: pussyheart Dec 27, 2015, 14:40 Fion

While I agree exclusivity is bullshit and harms the industry, I'm happy to see it's 2 months instead of a year+ (ala GTA V). Assuming it's a decent port with upped visual fidelity to a level the PC is capable of, my Winter is gonna be awesome.

Between this, Dragon's Dogma & Xcom 2 I'm gonna be busy!

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 21, 2015, 15:51 Fion

RAIL GUN.. why are we still using kb/m? Because you have finer movement manipulation than any other possible control system! Appears you can't strait with this either.. which is an essential shooter mechanic.

I'm sure this will give the feeling of really using a gun and will be perfect with any rail shooter. But for any other shooter? It'll only slow you down.

News Comments > Division Leaked Alpha Footage
16. Re: Division Leaked Alpha Footage Dec 21, 2015, 15:44 Fion

I really dislike cover shooters as well. They are generally lazy, the AI in them stink (as explained below) and having thigh-high walls/sandbags/etc in the middle of a street plainly announcing an upcoming battle utterly rips away my immersion. It reminds me of TV shows were shooters take cover behind cardboard boxes and are 100% immune to fire.

I much prefer systems like the Far Cry series were cover is more natural. Diving behind a tree, crouching low behind a fence, etc. It provides extra protection but doesn't completely negate enemy fire, you can still be shot as enemies flank you or you try and hide behind soft objects.

And this game is still in Alpha? It was announced in '13!

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs
22. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs Dec 18, 2015, 14:49 Fion

I'm quite looking forward to this. I gets compared to the Dark Souls series often and I adore those games, so I'm sure I'll love it. Hope the conversion is well done and KB/M support is better than the PC Dark Souls games but if not I hope it fully supports Steam Controller.  

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned
17. Re: Just curious Dec 18, 2015, 14:29 Fion

I doubt this is an MMOG, a single player RPG or 'Rune'-inspired title could be awesome. Say what you will about the MMOG, Funcom did a great job capturing the atmosphere, attitude and lore of Robert E. Howard's original works. Better than the vast majority of games based on classic IP's.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Friday
10. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Friday Dec 17, 2015, 16:32 Fion

If you liked max you should enjoy this. Max is a lot more grindy with pointless little things to do amid the larger set pieces. JC3 is still fairly grindy at times but if you like big explosions.. it rarely gets in the way of the fun.

My only problem with it is unlocking stuff is done mostly through mini-games that aren't always very fun. Also I've so far found less cool little spots like there were in JC2, like the racetrack, mile-high club, etc. But then again I've only explored about 30% of the total map with about 30 hours played. (Busy time of year for me.)

News Comments > System Shock 3 Announced
25. Re: System Shock 3 Announced Dec 14, 2015, 14:51 Fion

I... AM... SHODAN!

Creepiest moment in my gaming life. SS2 has always been toward the top of my favorite games ever list and while I've never played anything from these guys I sure as hell expect a smaller studio can make a tight, complex sequel to System Shock 2 over the likes of EA or Activision.

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
10. Re: DICE Starting Dec 13, 2015, 14:32 Fion

I for one am never going to buy another 'once a year' shooter from EA or Activation again.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 12, 2015, 14:43 Fion

LionsGate blaming their shit movie and shit ticket sales on piracy.

Maybe if you stopped making shit movies, people would actually go to see them.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2015, 14:25 Fion

Technically you do have a case of the arm flu as that is the point of infection where your body is fighting the small amounts of common strains of influenza (anticipated for this flu season) so that you will build antibodies against them.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
19. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 16:10 Fion

I knew this would happen (it always does with Bethesda games) so I hadn't downloaded any mods.

WTF is up with this patch? Games been out nearly a month and in that time we've got 1 tiny little stinking patch that doesn't fix 9/10ths of the annoying bugs that litter the game?

By this time there were near-half a dozen gigantic patches with improvements and fixes out for Witcher 3.

News Comments > Batman: A Telltale Games Series Announced
9. Re: Batman: A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 4, 2015, 14:30 Fion

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 11:01:
I've heard of folks having it in Walking Dead. I had no issues in Wolf Among Us, so I was hoping it was just a fluke...

Wow you didn't like Wolf Among Us? Everyone I know who plays these telltale games it was their favorite yet, myself included. We've been going crazy waiting for Season 2.

As to GoT, I thought it was solid, a fair bit of fun but not quite as good as I'd hoped. I'd rather have the story set in the rich history of the setting, not the drama of a minor house.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2015, 14:36.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 11:54 Fion

nin wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:30:
Batman v Superman- Dawn of Justice - Official Trailer 2.

Someone please stop Zach Snyder...PLEASE.

He keeps making failures and they keep hiring him for bigger and more expensive flicks. DC really needs to take control of their IP(s) and kick snider AND WB to the curb.

I get it, this trailer is a direct response to the fantastic Civil War trailer, but what a freaking hatchet job! Wonder woman looks like steampunk Xena.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2015, 12:01.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 29, 2015, 12:41 Fion

If it's anything like most games that take advantage of modern PC CPU's that 7th core will be burdened with a whole 2% of any one games CPU load.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 21, 2015, 14:31 Fion

Amazon doesn't have as many viewers because they haven't IMHO made anything really great yet. I've watched a few of their TV shows. Transparent is solid, Hand of God I could live without, Red Oaks is kind of a fun throwback but not great either.

Compare that to HBO's fantastic lineup and Netflix hitting it out of the park this year with their latest; Jessica Jones getting great reviews.

3306 Comments. 166 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo