Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 7.62WorldOrder

Real Name 7.62WorldOrder   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 7.62WorldOrder
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 20:06
Total Comments 239 (Novice)
User ID 17495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2014, 10:21 7.62WorldOrder

This story kind of strikes me as sad. Seems like a group of well meaning but naive young kids who grew up on Roadside Picnic and the STALKER story and put themselves in a dangerous place out of a misguided sense of romanticism. There aren't any mutants or artifacts in the real Chernobyl zone, just radiation and the increased risk of developing cancer.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

General Discussion > Site has white background in chrome browser on mobilt
2. Re: Site has white background in chrome browser on mobilt Jun 8, 2014, 10:02 7.62WorldOrder

Yes I have the same problem. Still haven't found a fix. Did you ever get it figured out?  

News Comments > Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP
25. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 17:37 7.62WorldOrder

It could go to a worse company, and releasing the original and its sequel is a good first step, as far as what can be done immediately.

As far as I know both Aliens and Duke Nukem Forever were handed over to Gearbox on a time crunch after their original developers went tits up, so I can't completely blame them for those games. Even if it is popular to pile on them, there are many worse games out there, and these two probably would have been much worse without Gearbox's hasty spit-shine and polish.

News Comments > Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch
6. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 3, 2012, 07:48 7.62WorldOrder

BIS's engine has had total garbage pathfinding since Operation Flashpoint. It's always been garbage, they've just never improved it. Same with the animations, they were garbage until recently in ArmaII, but even now they are only passable.  

News Comments > DayZ Plans: Dogs Soon; Standalone Version Eventually?
45. Re: DayZ Plans: Dogs Soon; Standalone Version Eventually? Jul 9, 2012, 10:40 7.62WorldOrder

Playing DayZ is like trying to build a giant lego castle in the middle of a shopping mall where any dipshit kid can come along and shove it off the table, shattering it and making you start all over again.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 to Add 5th Class Via DLC
15. Re: Borderlands 2 to Add 5th Class Via DLC Apr 9, 2012, 17:12 7.62WorldOrder

What annoys me is that they spent development time that could have been used on making the game better/more polished/less buggy for release and do this instead to try to wring a few more bucks out of people. The more successful this tactic is, the more it encourages developers to spend more time on DLC stuff during the "normal" development cycle. The percentage is going to go nowhere but up.

Of course the pirated version will have everything including the DLC characters available on day one.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 17:51 7.62WorldOrder

The only thing I can think of about this whole thing is, how on Earth will marathon EVE PC players be able to effectively coordinate with tons of console players consisting of a much different demographic of people with less time/attention to give to gaming?  

News Comments > March April Foolin' 2012 - Part 1
6. Re: <strike>March</strike> April Foolin' 2012 - Part 1 Mar 30, 2012, 17:16 7.62WorldOrder

Same here. I was hoping this was a recreation of the classic NES/Genesis game. Now I just feel old.  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Reveal This Year
7. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Reveal This Year Feb 10, 2012, 11:32 7.62WorldOrder

Why even bother calling it Unreal engine? I doubt they even plan on making another Unreal game, especially on PC.  

News Comments > Dead Island Trailer
3. Re: Dead Island Trailer May 17, 2011, 23:15 7.62WorldOrder

Why can't they just make Survival Crisis Z in 3D? Can we just have that? I'd buy that two or three times over. I really hope this game has a free-roaming world GTA-style.  

News Comments > Valve Single Player Clarification
14. Re: Valve Single Player Clarification May 8, 2011, 20:12 7.62WorldOrder

"Left behind" isn't a statement of fact. It's you using a term that denotes that social gaming is some sort of "forward progress" that us SP lovers aren't getting. But we DO get it. That's the point: we don't want to have to play with people like you. You know, people who claim they're just "stating the facts" while in the same breath calling SP lovers "greybeards" as if it isn't a pejorative term. Please stop trying to enlighten us with your "facts".  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Midnight Riders DLC Plans
2. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Midnight Riders DLC Plans May 6, 2011, 23:16 7.62WorldOrder

Am I the only one who thought the Midnight Riders were lame? Their music sucked, their image sucked, I really found their presence in the game to be an annoying distraction.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Patched, Poll
3. Re: Left 4 Dead Patched, Poll Apr 23, 2011, 10:53 7.62WorldOrder

Who wants to play Survivial and then wait 10-15 minutes to watch someone else play it? Is the competitive aspect really that much of a motivation?  

News Comments > U.K. and Czech Arma 2: Reinforcements Arrive
1. Re: U.K. and Czech Arma 2: Reinforcements Arrive Apr 4, 2011, 16:41 7.62WorldOrder

I can't even keep up with this game anymore, I went to play online and realized there are literally 7 or 8 paid addons I don't have. The user base is so fragmented you can't find a game online because everyone has different addons. Shame.  

News Comments > Rogers Throttling WoW
10. Re: Rogers Throttling WoW Mar 26, 2011, 23:11 7.62WorldOrder

This is a "problem with their equipment", and they're not going to be able to fix it until June? Really? Do they just not care anymore about making shit up and feeding it to people?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Scales Down Maps for Consoles
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Scales Down Maps for Consoles Mar 24, 2011, 21:51 7.62WorldOrder

Looks like it's time for a new generation of consoles. I wonder if this will increasingly be a problem in the future, with PC hardware rapidly outpacing the current generation of console hardware to the point where there is a noticable difference in the experience. I'm not sure that's something MS and Sony have put much thought into. Previous generations of consoles have always been in arm's reach of current PC hardware, but with MS and Sony looking to have 7-10 year hardware cycles I don't see how they can avoid it.  

News Comments > Windows Gaming eXperience Video
11. Re: Windows Gaming eXperience Video Mar 21, 2011, 19:03 7.62WorldOrder

The only consolation I can take from this is that no one can take a simple idea and completely ruin it with poor implementation and forced compliance with half-baked proprietary technologies like Microsoft.  

News Comments > More Dragon Age II Ban Follow-up
45. Re: More Dragon Age II Ban Follow-up Mar 19, 2011, 17:10 7.62WorldOrder

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 16:53:
7.62WorldOrder wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 16:10:
So I take it you would have no problem with, say, GM repossessing your car because you're being a dick on the road to other people? People behaving in ways you don't approve of is not legal grounds to steal their property. Give me a break.

Its called a drivers license. If you are a dick on the road, it will be taken away. Of course, that depends on how you define dick. If you're driving around flipping people off, that's one thing, but if you are causing accidents, then yes, you no longer should have the right to drive. You can own a car, but you sure as hell can't drive it.

That argument is a red herring. A driver's license is given by the government for access to public road infrastructure. That has nothing to do with whether the manufacturer of your car has the right to repossess what you own.

News Comments > Violent Game Debate Video, Recap
7. Re: Violent Game Debate Video, Recap Mar 19, 2011, 01:12 7.62WorldOrder

It never ceases to amaze me how much we are told we live in a "free" country, yet we are subject to our handlers who feel they are our moral superiors and think it is perfectly acceptable to consistently substitute their judgement for our own.  

News Comments > More Dragon Age II Ban Follow-up
25. Re: More Dragon Age II Ban Follow-up Mar 16, 2011, 16:10 7.62WorldOrder

So I take it you would have no problem with, say, GM repossessing your car because you're being a dick on the road to other people? People behaving in ways you don't approve of is not legal grounds to steal their property. Give me a break.  

239 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo