Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Unknown Soldier

Real Name Unknown Soldier   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 17:32
Total Comments 78 (Suspect)
User ID 17494

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges
3. Re: Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges Dec 18, 2014, 21:44 Unknown Soldier

Eve online was doing this before it was cool.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 18, 2014, 15:54 Unknown Soldier

First asymmetrical shooter? I guess they have never heard of Natural Selection, AVP, or Left 4 Dead.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 2, 2014, 02:33 Unknown Soldier

I've spent almost 20 years in IT and started it out working the phones for desktop support. I'm pretty sure I could talk almost anyone through this, including my... all-things-digital-challenged wife.

If the roles were reversed and she was reading the manual, I would just start cutting wires and pushing buttons because that would be our only hope.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content
9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content Nov 21, 2014, 01:35 Unknown Soldier

Agreed, it was my most fun game of the year so far. A lot of fun to 100% on Xbone. It was pretty easy once the upgrades started rolling in and you could stunlock mobs or just go into super-execution mode if you needed to recover, but still a lot of fun getting up to that point. The only thing I was disappointed in was the boss fights.

As for people complaining about the label "free content", well some people are just never happy no matter what they get. If the entire game was free they'd still complain about it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - HELL
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - HELL Nov 14, 2014, 00:05 Unknown Soldier

But is it a cyberpunk thriller???  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2014, 14:07 Unknown Soldier

Yep, I ran searches for about 3 hours yesterday. Once I got a half full lobby which bombed after a minute saying "host migration failure" which is hilarious since it's supposed to be dedicated servers.

But that was the closest I got to getting into a game.

Just tried again 15 minutes ago and it's no better.

News Comments > System Shock 2 Community Patch
13. Re: System Shock 2 Community Patch Nov 11, 2014, 17:47 Unknown Soldier

It is well worth it. The reskinned version is very nice and the gameplay still holds up well. Beware though, some of the mods/options dumb the game down (or at least lower the difficulty) enough so that it isn't nearly as frightening as originally intended. For example you can make it so enemies don't respawn and your weapons degrade much slower. Those changes significantly reduce the tension and practically eliminate heart-pounding-oh-shit-run-for-your-life moments, in my opinion.  

News Comments > EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week
10. Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Nov 2, 2014, 04:10 Unknown Soldier

I played it hard core for a couple years with Goonfleet, and damn it was fun. It just turned into a second job (albeit one which I enjoyed immensely) and was interfering with other things I wanted to do in my life.

When I quit I did sell one of my 2 mains, a carrier pilot, for $650 which was nice. But I still have my "main" main which is a uber-battleship pilot a hop/skip/jump from dreads.

I do wonder how much has changed in the 4 years since I quit, but I just don't have the time to revisit it right now.

News Comments > EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week
1. Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 29, 2014, 13:41 Unknown Soldier

Ahhh EVE. I miss it. I hope it's still running when I retire, because that's when I'll finally have time to play it properly.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
5. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 13:36 Unknown Soldier

After seeing the quality of Wasteland 2, which I have 40 hours into and am enjoying immensely, I had no qualms about throwing $30 at this today. These guys have proven they can deliver.  

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
35. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 18:17 Unknown Soldier

Slick wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 12:24:
are people that inept that they can't figure out how to immediately download chrome, firefox, or fucking netscape navigator?

Yes, sad to say, most of them are.

You know how I know you haven't worked in IT Support?

News Comments > Space Run for Windows and OS X
6. Re: Space Run for Windows and OS X Jul 1, 2014, 17:41 Unknown Soldier

I really enjoyed this game. Put about 20 hours into it to complete it. It's not as deep as, say, Defense Grid, and it doesn't have a lot of replay value once you're done, but 20 fun hours for $12 or whatever it was... I'm happy. If you like tower defense you'll like this game.  

News Comments > Kidnapped Announced
1. Re: Kidnapped Announced Jun 2, 2014, 14:03 Unknown Soldier

Physiological? New genre - First Person Biology?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game
16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game Feb 21, 2014, 17:06 Unknown Soldier

Julio wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 14:56:
I'm glad this is on Steam, as my PC is proudly "Steam Free".

Because if it wasn't, the temptation would be too great and you'd have to buy and play it?

Or are you just being a hipster douche... oh right, ok carry on.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
19. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2014, 20:46 Unknown Soldier

Don't let them get away with it. Get on Google Play and vote it 1 star. Drag that average down.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 5, 2013, 20:33 Unknown Soldier

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 18:13:
Jennifer Hale

Checked comments for this, leaving satisfied.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 29, 2013, 02:23 Unknown Soldier

Yeah, Horse Armor is the only reason I clicked on the link, as in "no way they did that..."

Touche', Mr. Heaslip.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 13, 2013, 21:14 Unknown Soldier

Not that I think the reverse PIN thing is in any way worthwhile, but I'm not sure what it says about people that it's considered impossible to "remember their PIN numbers backward with a gun to their head".

If you can't recite 4 numbers backward, you probably don't meet the minimum requirements to graduate 1st grade.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2013, 19:24 Unknown Soldier

Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 11:24:
Armstrong is also a pumpkin eater. And why is the USPS using tax dollars to pay sports figures...particularly when they're broke and a huge albatross around taxpayers necks to begin with? What'd they lose in 2012? Like 16 billion or something?

Yeah! What an outrage! Except for the fact that it's not true.

USPS doesn't get taxpayer dollars. Hasn't since the early 80's.

News Comments > Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell
32. Re: Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell Apr 24, 2013, 02:27 Unknown Soldier

Jedi Master wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 11:05:
but it wasn't really "Splinter Cell" any more than you could make a Command and Conquer FPS game.

OK. I'll bite.

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo