Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for G.G.

Real Name G.G.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Marvin T. Martian
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:10
Total Comments 499 (Amateur)
User ID 1746

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gibson's Guitar Hero Patent Suit
2. Re: What... the... Mar 12, 2008, 18:58 Marvin T. Martian

A game gets successful and every one is after a piece, even after they signed an agreement
First the the one hit wonders--Romantics (thrown out). Metallica tried two, even though they signed on too (for One)--withdrawn. And another one, Harmonix-but they have withdrawn and entered private talks with Activision.
Gibson--next one to go down in flames.

The only legit suit was the Wii GHIII mono sound issue and that too has been fixed with an ,albeit crappy, mail in program or money back program.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 09:31.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Frontlines: Fuel of War Demo Delay
5. Re: I wonder if they fixed my issue. Mar 11, 2008, 16:14 Marvin T. Martian

Game is dead. They ignored the beta testers comments and recomendations and, as the reviews hve stated, it's just another mediocre game with bugs.
It's better suited to consoles too.(imho)

News Comments > Sunday Game Reviews
1. Review Mar 2, 2008, 15:49 Marvin T. Martian

Basically overlooked the HUGE amount of problems in the PC version.Just a mention that there are problems getting it installed and running. And how poor a PORT it is.
Didn't even mention the lacklustre and limited VOIP, and on and on.

Trusted Reviews need to change their name to mediocre reviews to keep the game makers happy.

Go to The Frontlines forums to see how bad this game really is (PC).

News Comments > Frontlines: Fuel of War Patch
19. Re: true Feb 28, 2008, 18:05 Marvin T. Martian

Wow, the game has SecuROM? Looks like I won't be buying it any time soon.

The suits who support DRM schemes, especially obtrusive ones, are complete idiots.

Just another port that doesn't cross over to the PC. There is so much wrong with the PC port as well as the protection, it is highly recommended that PC gamers avoid it.

Just head over to the forums at

http://community.kaosstudios.com/

it won't take you too long to see that that this game is a not a great PC game, plagued with problems.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 18:05.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
11. Re: Sure, I'll elaborate... Feb 27, 2008, 19:09 Marvin T. Martian

Horrible optimization - ~20 fps on my X360

So!!!--PC info is all that matters!

BTW, just went to the site and there are no demos there for download.
The only demos I could find with google were for the Xbox--nothing for the PC.

Blue--move this to where it belongs--the CONSOLIDATION News (no access after 9:00 EST since all the kiddies should be in bed--LOL).

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 19:18.

News Comments > Frontlines: Fuel of War Movie
17. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2008, 13:13 Marvin T. Martian

Anf Agin the official forums fail to make a distinction beween the PC game and console game, which leads to more confusion about the game.
They were still working on joystick recognition and support and the last lists of changes don't include joysticks.
So who knows what the final changes were made to the shipped version?????
Again it appears that console development wins out and PC play is just an addon.

14. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2008, 11:18 Marvin T. Martian

Bad Company is console only (though there was a petition to bring it to the PC). "Heroes" is basically supposed to be BF3 I think.
Heroes is not BF3. BF3 is a completely different game (supposedly in development). Heroes is a FREE game with cartoonish characters--realism is not even a component of the game.

Frontlines is the best bet if you want a next gen combined arms shooter.
Not. It's the only thing around right now,but it is far from a best bet.
Lets see, a tank round, grenade, mortar ect goes off beside you and guess what--no splash damage. A sniper shot to the head--and the victum walks away-poor hit detection and on and on. Too many things that aren't tweaked with the game to count.
The amount of compliants about the console VOIP is astounding and won't be addressed because the game will be in the stores this week.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 12:50.

6. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2008, 21:10 Marvin T. Martian

Quite a good filler game till the new battlefield comes out. My friend is a QA tester for EA and hes currently working through it - he's quite impressed atm.

I had a beta key and I can tell you I was unimpressed.

Then again, I am often unimpressed by console games ported over to the PC.

5. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2008, 21:08 Marvin T. Martian

Then again, I just ordered a XIM adapter for my XFPS360 mouse emulator so I might just go with the console version

You might as well, why play a console port on the PC and be frustrated when you can play on the platform that the game was actually designed for.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Trailer
10. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2008, 16:54 Marvin T. Martian

At times like this, Blue must be tempted to remove the words Post and Comment.

Quboid

Oh, the tortures irony.

Or update on a regular basis so this old stuff disappears quicker.

(5:00 pm on and Sat and still reading Fridays news)

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Ranked Server Breach
2. Re: Another EA f-up Jan 31, 2008, 18:42 Marvin T. Martian

I thought that was UBI's mantra! LOL

News Comments > New Alan Wake Details Next Month?
1. Vista Only Jan 27, 2008, 12:45 Marvin T. Martian

Vista only--forced on the Devs by M$. Oh well, another game to skip.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes - 3rd-person Only, Beta in Summer
4. Re: Sounds like a POS! Jan 22, 2008, 21:15 Marvin T. Martian

@ Razorwynd
So what if GOW was 3rd person--I avoid them like the plague too. If one doesn't like 3rd person they have the right to say so and if you like 3rd person--good for you but his complaint makes plenty of sense to him and other who dislike 3rd person just as the game being 3rd person won't hold you back.

Both are legitimate comments on game play preferences.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 21:16.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Stonehenge Live
3. Re: Should read Jan 22, 2008, 19:22 Marvin T. Martian

I just don't get it, why would one subscribe to a game that was broken from day 1?

News Comments > MS to Buy Logitech?
11. Say It Ain't So Jan 10, 2008, 18:35 Marvin T. Martian

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Why the hell would they do that after dropping their own line of input devices like the MSII Force feedback sticks?????

And what about the non pc stuff like their Harmony TV remotes????

News Comments > Crysis Patch Status
8. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2007, 20:50 Marvin T. Martian

The game started out fantastic then sunk to the same old scripted A-B, fight a boss or two that is super strong same-old same-old, game with superior graphics. The Aliens sequences destroyed the game and took it back to mediocre. Too bad the reviews reflect the hype instead of the reality.

As for SP bugs, many and often. A "work-around" that you have implement via the console when ever it occurs is hardly the the stuff a patch is made of.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 20:51.

News Comments > Hellgate Patch Coming, Beta Grace Period Ending
9. Glad I passed this one Nov 8, 2007, 16:43 Marvin T. Martian

When this game was announced--I was salivating. Then I read about the paid subscription option and thought this I would pass unless it was one GREAT game. After having been burnt so often lately on games that were so buggy, short or just plained sucked I continued to wait until the reviews were in.

Well they are in and it is just another buggy, released too early game that not only has problems but is double billing their subscribers.

News Comments > Saturday Game Reviews
1. Hellgate Nov 3, 2007, 16:23 Marvin T. Martian

The subscription fee put me off to begin with, and it became a maybe purchase instead of a must have purchase. After reading the reviews, here and elsewhere-as well as all the server problems, lag etc.-it's off my list.

Is there a company left anywhere that can actually release a game that is actually ready to play anymore????

Hell, I might as well give up on PC games and get myself a console, at least I know what to expect (dumbed down games).

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Preloads
49. Re: What crap! Oct 4, 2007, 16:48 Marvin T. Martian

Yep--I always bash UBI--and they deserve it!!!

I got EP 1 (just EP 1--none of the games that I don't need and I won't play) for $8.99. Now that is more than a resonable price for an EP type game. And just look at how successful Episode games have become--- how did you all enjoy finishing SIN and after HL EP 3 valve is abandoning that format too.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Preloads
3. What crap! Oct 3, 2007, 20:49 Marvin T. Martian

$50.00????? What sh|t is that???? for an episode??
This nothing short of an rip off --pure and simple.
Let me purchase JUST EPISODE 2 for $19.00 and none of this bloat ware, or games/episodes that I already have and give the game(s)that you ALREADY OWN AND HAVE PAID FOR again to a friend crap. And there are already a few fools posting can't wait to lay my daddy's money down to pay for what they already have. No wonder they get away with it.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 20:50.

499 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo