Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for G.G.

Real Name G.G.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Marvin T. Martian
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:10
Total Comments 506 (Apprentice)
User ID 1746

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 Unlocks
35. Re: On Battlefield 3 Unlocks Aug 7, 2011, 19:33 Marvin T. Martian

Played the alpha---it's little more than a generic run gun and shoot--looks like the BF franchise is going in to the crapper. How sad.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2011, 22:19 Marvin T. Martian

Hmm never saw that on Blues News.
Guess it's not gaming news and besides it wasn't a matter of "IF" it was only a matter of "WHEN".
We'll always have those you tube videos of her being boo'd off the stage to remember her by.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC
18. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 16:42 Marvin T. Martian

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 12:50:
I used the "everything is weightless" mod. Would be a shame if that didn't work anymore. I don't usually mod out difficulty and in Fallout: New Vegas I actually play on hardcore where inventory management is much harder, but for TW2 I just hated the inventory system. The game really encourages you to grab everything you find but then has a very low weight count and no storage.

Not all mods are broke. Those that add textures (like the compass one) or change appearance of the game may not. I did a fresh install (no mods) are just put back th zero weight mod- http://modsreloaded.com/witcher-2 and it works.

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
165. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 21:01 Marvin T. Martian

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 20:53:
Prez wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 20:44:
vrok wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 20:37:
I quoted you mainly to wish you luck with your buying practices considering what the future holds. I guess I could've made them different paragraphs to make it more clear though. No frothing hatred, my distaste for Steam is sadly entirely rational.

I am a gamer and probably always will be; if for some reason Steam becomes a second-tier service that doesn't host the greatest games or even goes away entirely, then naturally I'll evolve. Right now, I'm perfectly content with Steam, and am also perfectly content in the understanding that not everyone is. All I ask is a choice, and EA seems to be removing that in this case.

Um you can still buy it from other places just not your precious Steam. Just saying.

I bought hard retail copies of games and was FORCED to use steam to get them installed/verified and updated. The choice I want,
when I buy a retail copy-- is not to be forced into using steam when I didn't purchase the game(s) throught their d/l service.

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
42. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 12:17 Marvin T. Martian

Good for them!! Smart move.  

News Comments > Steam Download Changes
26. Re: Warhammer Online Patched Jul 16, 2011, 12:24 Marvin T. Martian

About time they fixed the update/patch function. Downloadiing 9 gigs for a 1gig patch was just ridiculous. They kind of had to to save their bussiness model since many IPS are begining to restrict d/ls and charge an arm and a leg when you exeed your plan.(unless you pay lots to get unlimited).  

News Comments > RailWorks 3 Announced
2. Re: RailWorks 3 Announced Jul 16, 2011, 12:05 Marvin T. Martian

Would much rather see an updated and revamped Railroad Tycoon or Railroads from Sid!  

News Comments > Free Mass Effect Digital Comics
9. Re: Free Mass Effect Digital Comics Jul 14, 2011, 10:09 Marvin T. Martian

Online--yes, using the iPad and the Dark Horse app--they're free  

7. Re: Free Mass Effect Digital Comics Jul 14, 2011, 09:24 Marvin T. Martian

Free...for a day. Big f'n whoop.

Other than the site being super slow or unreachable, it's a sweet give-a-way. And and nice birthday present for me.

(2 more to go!! )

6. Re: Free Mass Effect Digital Comics Jul 14, 2011, 09:19 Marvin T. Martian

Agreed-the site is not useful at all because of the hits it's getting.
A little better this morning,(on my iPad) slow as all get out,only 4 more to complete the collection.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Birds Jul 10, 2011, 22:09 Marvin T. Martian

The amount of seed used always drops off at this time of year. The birds are off getting their fav food in the wild. They are absolute pigs in the spring while nesting and again in the fall. But right now, they are eating what comes naturally and may only come for a morning and bedtime snack. The same thing is happening with our Oriole and Humming Bird feeds. I only see them at sunrise and dusk now, they were coming almost continually all day earlier in the season. Now the natural food is out in abundance, they just drop in to to start and finish their day.

And, yes legalise pot, sell cheaper, through stores with the gov't getting the profit and taxes--a win win situation for all.

News Comments > Pirates of Black Cove Demo
1. Re: Pirates of the Black Cove Demo Jul 8, 2011, 11:49 Marvin T. Martian

Seems to me like theses are the guys who bought out Captains Of Darktide just to get the code for the game--then shut down the Captains game and site.  

News Comments > On The Streaming Infringement Bill
23. removed Jul 3, 2011, 19:24 Marvin T. Martian

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 4, 2011, 13:46.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 ShakyCam
5. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Jun 11, 2011, 08:35 Marvin T. Martian

Noooooooooooooooo! Not Jets!!!
Any news on a server side option to disable jets?

News Comments > Consoles Lead Skyrim Development
37. Re: Consoles Lead Skyrim Development Jun 8, 2011, 16:18 Marvin T. Martian

Overon wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 15:10:
Blue really knows how to select the stories that inflame the PC fans.

Site has never been the same since console news was added and mixed in.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 21:07 Marvin T. Martian

Demo's on a 360----that's like horse armour--total BS--give me the show on a PC. Skipping this, until I see a working, patched PC version.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite Beta This Summer, Launch in November
4. Re: Call of Duty Elite Beta This Summer, Launch in November Jun 6, 2011, 16:04 Marvin T. Martian

My fav part of the FAQ
"The premium membership of Call of Duty Elite (which is completely optional) will set a new gold standard for what the multiplayer and community experience for a console game can be."

RIP COD

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Launch Trailer
19. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Launch Trailer Jun 2, 2011, 18:03 Marvin T. Martian

Screw that log in to watch trailer crap!  

News Comments > Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed
72. Re: Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed May 31, 2011, 17:54 Marvin T. Martian

Bye Bye COD  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Workarounds
22. Re: The Witcher 2 Workarounds May 21, 2011, 17:23 Marvin T. Martian

Enjoying the game, no probs running it on high. activation was no prob, got both my DLC' (Troll Troubles and Mysterious Merchant ) on the 1st day it was released (store bought hard copy in my hand)--but them the language pack d/l's caused a prob and have never got them. Don't know why I would have to d/l english voice overs and subtitles since I already have an english version of the game.

However, not to have a working forums with tech support up and running before the games release to assist those with problems is inexcusible, bordering on incompetence.

506 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo