Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for G.G.

Real Name G.G.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Marvin T. Martian
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:10
Total Comments 496 (Amateur)
User ID 1746

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
41. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 30, 2014, 12:20 Marvin T. Martian

Kawlisse wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 19:37:
Nighthawk wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:33:
So, they're charging $60 to buy the game, and a subscription too?
Who does that anymore?

I really hope this game does not fail ! I would rather pay a subscriptions, than stand another stupid game that pretends to be F2P, but to really enjoy the game you have to fork more cash in that product than a monthly sub.

I dont understand, people spitting on this game, because of the monthly sub. its the real mmo standard! People are just spoiled by those supposedly F2P games.

F2P is great for casual gamers. Anyhow. if this game goes F2P I will just quit simple as that... and hopefully Star Citizen will rock.

So wrong on so many levels--F2P is NOT designed exclusivly for casual gamers. 2nd -some people have severe budget restrictions (obviously you or your parents don't)and just can't afford monthly subs. I sincerly hope you quit the game because that would mean it went F2P.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
3. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 18:28 Marvin T. Martian

Was so interested in this game, subscription model killed it for me.  

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
20. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 29, 2014, 14:46 Marvin T. Martian

I'd appreciate it if they gave all money money back, delete all my BF Games and I'd promise never to buy A BF title again (no problems since I am already committed to that--!)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 23, 2014, 09:31 Marvin T. Martian

nin wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 09:10:
New Details to Blow Your Mind

Well, it is CDP. I kind of expect that.

I'm sure it'll be awesome, but I'm ready for it to ship, so I can start hearing about Cyberpunk.

and the best part------It's a single-player experience all the way,

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 09:25 Marvin T. Martian

Now, if only the age restiction could be enforced at points of purchase and forum participation.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2014, 09:32.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 22, 2014, 01:23 Marvin T. Martian

Veterator wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 18:06:
Scottyl42 wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 12:36:
I just started playing this. I made a ranger..I find them to be weak? Only level 20. But doesn't seem powerful? Maybe its just me.

I liked rangers with longbow and greatsword. They need to be fairly close to your level to get the most out of it. If you're using stuff 10-20 levels below you on weapons...you're gonna suck.

And as for this patch. So far I am not a fan. I suspect it's some bugs causing issues, but they took a lot of shitty elements from other encounters and crammed them all into these fights it seems.

Weird mechanics with almost no time to figure out wtf you're doing, then wait 2-3 hours to do it again.

No drops from the myriad of things you have to kill to get to the boss, and if you fail at the boss you get the "lesser prize" of hardly anything....and wait hours to try again. I know it's to discourage farming, but man is it annoying to spend half an hour after waiting 2 hours and get damn near nothing while you constantly kill things.

It really makes you start to hate your fellow player when you fail to win for the third or fourth time because you can't possibly explain every aspect of the fight to new people with how they are setup. And chances are you're probably wrong in some regard anyway because so much stuff is happening at once.

If you got SOMETHING worthwhile of time investment it wouldn't be so aggravating, but you basically walk away with nothing and have a bunch of other people there making the fight scale up but not contributing to the win in a positive manner.

And then you toss ending up in overflows into the mix, and you just end up with all sorts of mixes on the above issues over and over.

Unless this things gives out some amazing rewards, which I doubt given Teq gives pretty low chances of getting anything good, it's going to end up being largely ignored once people get their achievements. Too much hassle, not enough reward to keep people coming back to learn it really well.

Queen's arena was pretty boring after awhile, but at least time spent there running around in the zerg was steadily rewarding.

Truth! After 3 wurm runs---first too failed because of poor quality control(event ending bugs that affected most servers-com'on devs get your shit together, it wasn't ready for release) and 3 times with the puppet including a overflow--Not impressed --as you said just going for the achievements(and the grind to get them) then won't play them again.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 21, 2014, 10:41 Marvin T. Martian

A little premature--just logged on and the patch has not been released yet (a few more hrs to wait) BTW O'boy!!!more grinding,more nerfs, more recycled content bugs not fixed.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2014, 10:58.

News Comments > NASCAR '14 for PC Next Month
7. Re: NASCAR '14 for PC Next Month Jan 9, 2014, 16:37 Marvin T. Martian

SlimRam wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 15:26:
Well, I'm personally so glad that Tony Stewart was chosen by America as the the cover person for this game.I mean just the sheer sportsmanship of Tony Stewart alone should be what role models are made of!

Who can forget such classics like throwing his helmet at Matt Kenseth in Bristol for being involved in an accident that Stewart caused!

Or, punching manchild Joey Logano directly in the face for contact that was an accidental and basically unavoidable!

0r, how about this classic! Tony Stewart fires Ryan Newman after his Brickyard 400 win last season, although he decides to keep Danica Patrick on team Stewart-Haas Racing even though she hasn't won shit!

Yes, it's America's sweetheart Tony Stewart!

...at least America didn't pick Jeff Gordon, he IS the Antichrist

Great post--lmao!! The choice reflects the US values and beliefs.
As for Jordan, the right wing christian taliban would never consider an antichrist.
BTW Nascar should reverse their tracks to reflect the US even more--keep turning to the right.

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
5. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 12:23 Marvin T. Martian

So glad I moved on from the BF series after BF3 beta.
This only reaffirms the correct decision.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 17, 2013, 22:47 Marvin T. Martian

I'll wait until it's done and pick it on a Steam Sale. GOTY----not in anyway--imho. Onsale cheap in the future is the only way to go.  

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
26. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 15:10 Marvin T. Martian

Had to check the calendar to see if I just awoke from a coma and it was April 1st, Not Oct.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 30, 2013, 15:00 Marvin T. Martian

ESO--nominated for a reward???? Not even out of Beta yet. Give me a break.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
32. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 21:36 Marvin T. Martian

This will be the 1st and 2nd Chapters of a new Dummies Book---How to kill a franchise for Dummies. Chapter 1--add pay to play , Chapter 2-- add pay to play and an additional store as well.
Almost forgot Chapter 3--charge full retail price as a stand-a-lone game and then charge extra to play. LOL what a joke. The bigger joke is that there are a bunch of idiots that will pay for it.

Bye Bye.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 10:25 Marvin T. Martian

Not for me! Maybe if the game was free for the 1st 30 days(no purchase cost) and they were up front about the actual ammount they will charge,I might have tried it.
P.S.--- and a cash shop as well???????? No thanks.

News Comments > WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America
2. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 25, 2013, 20:59 Marvin T. Martian

Oh No---can't believe it-this is a joke right?-done with the franchise based on my experiences with Batman-CD Projekt is scraping the bottom of the barrel for a reliable distributer.Don't see why they needed WB, I had no problem what so ever getting and playing Witcher 1 and 2 without WB intrusive protection and poor support for the PC edition.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sky Pirates of Tyria Content Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 14:44 Marvin T. Martian

I spend way too much time playing this game. Just finished the dragon bash and new content already.
If anyone is on Eredon Terrace, I would appreciate being taught about the dungeons. I have a guardian and ranger lvl 80, exotic and ascended gear. And I have yet to do any dungeons.

News Comments > Civil War II Announced
3. Re: Civil War II Announced Jun 17, 2013, 22:45 Marvin T. Martian

Turn based, not RTS !!!!! YES!!!  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Footage
2. Re: Shadow Warrior Footage Jun 15, 2013, 15:55 Marvin T. Martian

Wonder if they'll have the toilet for Lo to use? That cracked me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj59GClnE1I

"I am the Shadow Warrior"---Famous Quotes froo Lo Wang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phitdexy3YI

I will be keeping an eye on this to see how it develops.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2013, 16:00.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer
18. Re: Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer May 20, 2013, 13:09 Marvin T. Martian

Show me real in game footage 1st, then I will be able to judge it. (ditto for Batman)
And yes I played and remember the original.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Origins Trailer
6. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 13:06 Marvin T. Martian

Agree with most--show me actual gameplay not CGI.  

496 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo