Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for G.G.

Real Name G.G.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Marvin T. Martian
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:10
Total Comments 496 (Amateur)
User ID 1746

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit
8. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 23, 2011, 18:02 Marvin T. Martian

Love all the BF stuff, but after the beta and the alpha(as I said before) it's just a another run and gun, shoot and die that looks nice with a dose of consolitis desease thrown in. No longer a fan.
Skipping it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 16, 2011, 17:01 Marvin T. Martian

IpPhone 5---use it all the time--brain cancer,
men--keep it in your front pocker-testicular cancer,
Ladies--keep it in your blouse--yep you guessed it.
Keep it in your rear pockets--rectal cancer and spinters.

And you still can't change the battery yourself!!

Almost forgot--can't use siri in Canada, well you can use it but it is 100% useless.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2011, 13:11 Marvin T. Martian

Happy Thanksgiving Day --CANADA  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed
30. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 13:04 Marvin T. Martian

meezookeewee wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:32:
As long as it doesn't affect the single-player portion of the game, I don't really care. I'm suspecting that this is why the game was delayed. But yeah, Multiplayer does NOT belong in a Mass Effect game.

Agree- Thumbsup

News Comments > Multiplayer Mass Effect 3?
22. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 16:52 Marvin T. Martian

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 10:42:
Sad, very very sad.

Truth!

News Comments > Planned Battlefield 3 Changes
30. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 18:34 Marvin T. Martian

Ventura wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 21:59:
As it stands, 6 months ago they were showing everyone how awesome the game is. Since then it's be nothing but reasons for people to not buy.

Pretty much sums it up for me. For my part, they don't have a hope at a purchase now.

Agree, just jumped into the Beta and it is not worthy of BF franchise name--just another pretty run,gun and die--they can't even be bothered to unlock the caspian map so we try some vehicles.
Still not on my buy list.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
56. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2011, 17:49 Marvin T. Martian

Trial it for a week and include a feedback and voting option at the bottom of the page every day

or

Have a link to the view the same news with the new format that opens a new tab and we can bounce back and forth to compare what we like(and a vote/feedback as well).

A few sites that I visited everyday, even multiple times, changed their format to a less user friendly formay(e.g. CD Freaks, Hardware Heaven (driver heaven), gaming heaven). Heck, gaming heaven announced a big change a com'in last May and still nothing has happened. Long story short---they are all on my very very rare visit least.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2011, 17:56.

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
60. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 20:06 Marvin T. Martian

AnointedSword wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 19:40:
"Saying the less piracy there is the better the state gaming will be in is akin to saying the less rich people are taxed the more jobs will be created. There's a little truth to it but moreso it's just wishful thinking & propaganda."

Interesting point of view. So you believe that taxing the rich until they cannot afford to pay for more employees is the better way to create jobs? oh yes, let the unions demand 200 dollars per hour...Where do you think the businesses will get their money from? If the businesses do not lose the money, who do you think pays for it? Remember, in a free society anyone can start their own business (includes you and me). With that said, stop trusting one source and research a little bit. Call up a business and ask them what it takes to be in business. Anyone can get in front of a teleprompter and demonize big business; However, big government is the worse kind of big. Why? Because a business you can walk away from; big government you cannot-they force it on you.

OMG Tea Party propaganda. Rich include those OVERPAID leeches in Hollywood,TV, Actors, Professional Sports, Music ETC--who said any thing about business. All of them could afford to contibute much more and they wouldn't even feel it.

Anyway--game is off my list

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer
8. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 17, 2011, 10:25 Marvin T. Martian

RoTide wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 08:55:
Interesting how many Quick Time Event esque (Read: Fully scripted) moments happen in that trailer.

Setting up/Loading/Firing Mortar
Climbing Wall where it is scripted to do so
Kicking in the door [OMG HIT B NOW]
Falling back in slow-mo to shoot the guy on the other side of the next door.
Randomly running away from the car at the end to avoid being killed with your teammates when it explodes.

There were only a couple sections in that trailer where you actually aimed and shot at something.

I want to love this game.. But it seems to just fall in line with all the other "interactive movie" bullshit "games" that have been released lately. What happened to giving me a gun and letting me decide how best to kill all the enemies?

Agree, (even if it was mostly SP footage). Looks like just another run, gun and die game. I also felt this way about the Alpha test that I played. I really wanted to love this game too but so far I havn't seen (and played) anything that will make me buy it. Maybe the beta will change my mind--but I really doubt it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Sep 5, 2011, 16:47 Marvin T. Martian

I had high hopes for the game.Oh well, will wait for it to be on sale. I find the scores given don't reflect the reviews. They should be lower. Hopefully Rage will get better reviews.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message
63. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message Aug 30, 2011, 07:25 Marvin T. Martian

It's called fun, guys. Some people enjoy the out-of game games. May want to try it.

Sheesh.

^D^

No Thanks

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message
14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message Aug 29, 2011, 19:37 Marvin T. Martian

Anyway, they can take their message and shove it where it belongs. Waste of time.
Damn right, the idiots said they had an anouncement, not the shite going on now/

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
94. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow Aug 29, 2011, 07:26 Marvin T. Martian

For those that need it

a GMT converter

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter/

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
92. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 07:20 Marvin T. Martian

bcanceldirt wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 22:52:
I'm playing the game ridiculously slowly. What do you guys recommend for boss battles for the ghost hacker? I'd prefer just to carry the one weapon + tranq.

... the boss fights were atrociously tedious (especially the second one). It kind of sucks having to play so out-of-character just for the bosses, but there's not much other way that I've found.

Agreed---I couldn't even throw stuff since my character was completely sneak and hack---so I found you could just change the difficulty to low, kill the boss, and then change back to the the harder difficulty after the fight.
Generally, I find boss fights ruin the game experience for me in all games. They never seem to be balanced for the game or character you are playing. Boss fights seem to be a dev cop out for me.

News Comments > No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3
2. Re: No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3 Aug 24, 2011, 18:05 Marvin T. Martian

Every announcement continues to keep this game on my no buy list.  

News Comments > Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch
40. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 18:13 Marvin T. Martian

Paketep wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 19:36:
Every news item about BF3 is just another nail in its coffin.

Yep, and playing the Alpha buried for me.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads
82. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads Aug 21, 2011, 16:39 Marvin T. Martian

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:50:
Krovven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:43:
Dues Ex, even with the leak, didn't strike me as a "must play at launch". Partly due to being single player only, Dead Island is coop, and more people will be playing at launch.

Funny how people are different. The fact it is singleplayer only makes me MORE likely to want it.

Damn Straight! MP is all the same now a days thanks to consoles--run,gun,and die! Boring!More SP the better

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed
50. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 21:37 Marvin T. Martian

nin wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 20:10:
I love the fact that UBI reneged on From Dust. Pay attention folks, they're showing their true colors.

Ditto!!!! They said no and then reversed (or lied in the 1st place)

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/124694/from-dust-drm-dust-up-refunds-offered

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews--Deus Ex Aug 18, 2011, 12:18 Marvin T. Martian

"After playing the game for hours upon hours, I can safely say you'll want to be playing the game on a PC."

Just what I wanted to here!!!

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
43. Re: EA: PC Aug 14, 2011, 14:29 Marvin T. Martian

LittleMe wrote on Aug 14, 2011, 08:34:
It seems to me that the next generation of consoles will not be nearly so bleeding edge to compete with PC as well as this generation was a few years ago. Also with phones & tablets the market is more diluted. Tablet games are more suited to PC ports than consoles also. Don't presume the next generation of consoles will cost $500-$600 like the last ones did. They won't. The centrally planned economy is still in the dumps and the PC is a far, far more flexible beast to deal with the current economic situation than a console maker.

Thosse flash games sure work great on the iPad, don't they!!!! lol

496 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo