Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for G.G.

Real Name G.G.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Marvin T. Martian
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:10
Total Comments 483 (Amateur)
User ID 1746

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
92. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 07:20 Marvin T. Martian

bcanceldirt wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 22:52:
I'm playing the game ridiculously slowly. What do you guys recommend for boss battles for the ghost hacker? I'd prefer just to carry the one weapon + tranq.

... the boss fights were atrociously tedious (especially the second one). It kind of sucks having to play so out-of-character just for the bosses, but there's not much other way that I've found.

Agreed---I couldn't even throw stuff since my character was completely sneak and hack---so I found you could just change the difficulty to low, kill the boss, and then change back to the the harder difficulty after the fight.
Generally, I find boss fights ruin the game experience for me in all games. They never seem to be balanced for the game or character you are playing. Boss fights seem to be a dev cop out for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3
2. Re: No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3 Aug 24, 2011, 18:05 Marvin T. Martian

Every announcement continues to keep this game on my no buy list.  

News Comments > Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch
40. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 18:13 Marvin T. Martian

Paketep wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 19:36:
Every news item about BF3 is just another nail in its coffin.

Yep, and playing the Alpha buried for me.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads
82. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads Aug 21, 2011, 16:39 Marvin T. Martian

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:50:
Krovven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:43:
Dues Ex, even with the leak, didn't strike me as a "must play at launch". Partly due to being single player only, Dead Island is coop, and more people will be playing at launch.

Funny how people are different. The fact it is singleplayer only makes me MORE likely to want it.

Damn Straight! MP is all the same now a days thanks to consoles--run,gun,and die! Boring!More SP the better

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed
50. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 21:37 Marvin T. Martian

nin wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 20:10:
I love the fact that UBI reneged on From Dust. Pay attention folks, they're showing their true colors.

Ditto!!!! They said no and then reversed (or lied in the 1st place)

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/124694/from-dust-drm-dust-up-refunds-offered

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews--Deus Ex Aug 18, 2011, 12:18 Marvin T. Martian

"After playing the game for hours upon hours, I can safely say you'll want to be playing the game on a PC."

Just what I wanted to here!!!

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
43. Re: EA: PC Aug 14, 2011, 14:29 Marvin T. Martian

LittleMe wrote on Aug 14, 2011, 08:34:
It seems to me that the next generation of consoles will not be nearly so bleeding edge to compete with PC as well as this generation was a few years ago. Also with phones & tablets the market is more diluted. Tablet games are more suited to PC ports than consoles also. Don't presume the next generation of consoles will cost $500-$600 like the last ones did. They won't. The centrally planned economy is still in the dumps and the PC is a far, far more flexible beast to deal with the current economic situation than a console maker.

Thosse flash games sure work great on the iPad, don't they!!!! lol

News Comments > Bethesda Forum Passwords Reset
5. Re: Bethesda Forum Passwords Reset Aug 14, 2011, 14:26 Marvin T. Martian

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 14, 2011, 10:11:
It's annoying.

Bethesda should make sure its forums are secure as they can make them - but the blame lies with the hackers.

Doesn't matter, if they were made responsible by law, their security would improve overnight.

3. Re: Bethesda Forum Passwords Reset Aug 13, 2011, 17:53 Marvin T. Martian

Yep--2nd time!

1. Re: Bethesda Forum Passwords Reset Aug 13, 2011, 17:42 Marvin T. Martian

These sites really need to improve their security. I beleive this is the 3rd or 4th reset from various games sites that I have joined after purchasing their games. There really should be some sort of liability for the failure to secure their sites. Wall  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
98. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 12, 2011, 09:09 Marvin T. Martian

shihonage wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 20:47:
I dunno man. I never cared for multiplayer in the quasirealistic shooters, and may have stopped caring about competitive team-based multiplayer entirely.

The main appealing part of BF3 and MW3 for me, by far, is the cinematic scripting in the single-player campaign, but frankly, there's nothing even remotely new to be seen there conceptually. Once you start cinematic scripting, you can't give player more freedom, because he'll break your shit immediately.

It's an ever narrowing tunnel, and, after all the COD games and MoH and Homefront, it wouldn't take much to dissuade me from buying BF3. Shitty DRM just might easily relegate it down to the priority list, well into the bowels of "wait until it's 14.99 or less" category.

Meanwhile I'd still have Deus Ex:HR, Bioshock: Infinite and Rage.
Two Thumbs Up! !

97. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 12, 2011, 09:07 Marvin T. Martian

Teddy wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 20:05:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 19:54:
Krovven wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 17:24:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 17:16:
The fanboys were pretty strong with this one

Because the GAME, is excellent, so I hear. So once you get past all the bullshit business practices outside the game...which for a lot of people, that's all they care about.

Wrong--far from excellent. But each to their own.

To each their own and wrong in the same breath?

You're right it is far from excellent. It's phenomenal. Best multiplayer shooter ever created to date, and you can tell that from one map.

To each their own suggests the people have their own types of game play that they enjoy. Played the alpha and other than the graphics, it's just another generic run gun shoot and die that looks pretty. The original poster didn't even play it and I bet most of the posters haven't also.

77. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 11, 2011, 19:54 Marvin T. Martian

Krovven wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 17:24:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 17:16:
The fanboys were pretty strong with this one

Because the GAME, is excellent, so I hear. So once you get past all the bullshit business practices outside the game...which for a lot of people, that's all they care about.

Wrong--far from excellent. But each to their own.

33. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 11, 2011, 17:13 Marvin T. Martian

Wasn't impressed with the ALPHA test at all. No matter what platform the game is released on it's basically run,gun,shoot and die mayhem with no redeeming game play at all other than the pretty graphics.
I'll check it out again during the beta, but from what I've seen so far, it's the first nail in the BF franchise, origin being the next.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Hotfix Patch
3. Re: The Witcher 2 Hotfix Patch Aug 11, 2011, 09:31 Marvin T. Martian

Icewind wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 04:21:
Which one, the Dragon or the witcher? Both opponents were weak as hell if you ask me. You get so over-powered, plus if you did the optional quest for the dragon armor you're basically a walking god.

I really think they dropped the ball on the last chapter and the final 2 bosses. Very weak.

The other 80% of the game was great though.

Agree, the game was great until the the last Act. No matter what path you follow.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 16:18 Marvin T. Martian

|oR|jonvall wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 11:44:
I played in the BF3 pre-alpha last week....Origin sucks monkey balls and my only suggestion to the EA team while giving my feedback was to ditch Origin and go with Steam.

As of now I wont be buying the game.

I played that alpha also. I really doesn't matter where the game is sold or what service it uses---the game itself 'sucks monkey balls'.
It's no more than a pretty but mediocre run,gun and die mayhem game.
EA has put the knife into the heart of the BF franchise.
I'll have access to the beta too, and will give it a go, but the game is off my buy list at this time, regardless of where/how the game is played or bought from.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 8, 2011, 23:10 Marvin T. Martian

Kotaku's skyrim is 360, nothing else. Waste of time following the link for me.
Poster really needs to include the platform that is being used for the review (in fact should be included all reviews) being linked to in the headline.

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 Unlocks
35. Re: On Battlefield 3 Unlocks Aug 7, 2011, 19:33 Marvin T. Martian

Played the alpha---it's little more than a generic run gun and shoot--looks like the BF franchise is going in to the crapper. How sad.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2011, 22:19 Marvin T. Martian

Hmm never saw that on Blues News.
Guess it's not gaming news and besides it wasn't a matter of "IF" it was only a matter of "WHEN".
We'll always have those you tube videos of her being boo'd off the stage to remember her by.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC
18. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 16:42 Marvin T. Martian

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 12:50:
I used the "everything is weightless" mod. Would be a shame if that didn't work anymore. I don't usually mod out difficulty and in Fallout: New Vegas I actually play on hardcore where inventory management is much harder, but for TW2 I just hated the inventory system. The game really encourages you to grab everything you find but then has a very low weight count and no storage.

Not all mods are broke. Those that add textures (like the compass one) or change appearance of the game may not. I did a fresh install (no mods) are just put back th zero weight mod- http://modsreloaded.com/witcher-2 and it works.

483 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo