Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for G.G.

Real Name G.G.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Marvin T. Martian
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:10
Total Comments 496 (Amateur)
User ID 1746

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gotham City Impostors Delayed to February
4. Re: Gotham City Impostors Delayed to February Jan 6, 2012, 09:50 Marvin T. Martian

Sacrifice wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 01:39:
I would like to see the game released purely for Steam (without an any underlying GFWL).

NO, it should also have a retail release (as in boxed version)that is activated through steam. No GFWL and no securerom.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Official Announcement
10. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Official Announcement Jan 5, 2012, 15:58 Marvin T. Martian

Please no RTS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

News Comments > Steam Soars
11. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 12:43 Marvin T. Martian

Ya but CLOUD is down AGAIN. and up then down then up then down. Can see where this is going?? So Steam is messed up again. I wonder what turning off Cloud in the settings would do. I really have do use for it since I don't play my games on multiple computers?

Update--over 90 minutes and still down.

News Comments > GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday
33. Re: GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday Dec 11, 2011, 08:46 Marvin T. Martian

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 13:33:
But as I've pointed out before, Metro 2033 was a spin-off from GSC-GW and it was a lot more focused and polished, with a strong narrative.

Metro isn't near as great as you make it out to be.
Various reviews agree with statements like
"The weapons—while compulsively upgradeable—are crafted in such a way as to be realistic, which in this case means “boring.” That would be fine and dandy if the other two pillars of first-person-shooter fun—level design and enemy AI—did enough heavy lifting to make up for it. Sadly, they don’t."

"Levels, of course, are visually spectacular, but at their core are linear corridor crawls"

and many reviews concur and point out many other flaws.

[This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2011, 08:52.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2011, 08:54.

News Comments > Namco Bandai Wins Witcher 2 Lawsuit
7. Re: Namco Bandai Wins Witcher 2 Lawsuit Dec 9, 2011, 16:22 Marvin T. Martian

Next time PC only.
The consolation of the game just wasn't good for the franchise or game mechanics and play and look where it got them. Hoping to get in on console money and they just flushed it down the toilet.

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today
36. Re: No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today Dec 6, 2011, 19:47 Marvin T. Martian

Get PC version, join a clan, use their ventrilo or team speak, or a public vent if you don't want to join a group.
The way it is, the way it should be.

News Comments > New Call of Juarez Hinted
4. Re: New Call of Juarez Hinted Nov 27, 2011, 16:39 Marvin T. Martian

It's UBI, so it's a no go for PCs.
Wouldn't buy an UBI game even if I had one of those old outdated console thingys.

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
23. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 15:54 Marvin T. Martian

the_culture wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 15:22:
Well, I'm going to hijack this thread real quick, since most of us are PC gamers. I'm looking to upgrade my system:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33
4GB RAM
Radeon 470 512MB
W7 64-bit

Should I should upgrade CPU/mobo and stay with my card, or replace the video and keep the CPU/mobo for now? I'm looking to spend $300-350 for the CPU/mobo combo, or $250-ish for a card. Any recommendations?

I can run Skyrim at 1920x1080 on High pretty good but with AA/AF turned off and a few ini tweaks.

There are tons of other places to ask this instead of being a troll and going off topic.

I should have just copied and pasted the 1st reply here.

Back to the original--UBI ruined this franchise a long time ago, and many others as well. They should just get out of the PC business altogether.

News Comments > Dead Island Bloodbath DLC Released
12. Re: Dead Island Bloodbath DLC Released Nov 23, 2011, 17:23 Marvin T. Martian

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 14:59:
Snabel wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 14:41:
Krovven wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 13:18:
As for bugs, I havent played it in awhile, but it was very stable and I finished the game after the first patch on PC. There is plenty I would change and a few annoying bugs here and there, but nothing showstopping.

Not a single issue was solved for me with any patches. It's still just as terrible with impossible mouse control, sound issues that break my ears and a game that randomly crashes and a multiplayer that goes out of sync constantly.

I wouldn't quite call it bug free.

Sounds like your computer.

TROLL ALERT (nin)

News Comments > Dead Island Bloodbath DLC Released
7. Re: Dead Island Bloodbath DLC Released Nov 23, 2011, 13:48 Marvin T. Martian

Wave after Wave of respawning Zombies--ZZZZZZZZZ Snore  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2011, 17:32 Marvin T. Martian

Sepharo wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 16:07:
Whoa the Lions are tearing it up right now. Amazing stuff too much to even list.

Also where's Blue?

Tehy can't be it's only Sat. on Blue's

News Comments > More on DOOM 3 Source Release
9. Re: More on DOOM 3 Source Release Nov 16, 2011, 16:29 Marvin T. Martian

Razumen wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:25:
Rage may not have been the masterpiece some people expected it to be, but it will be a sad day for PCs when Carmack is not around to push for things like this.

Disagree--he f'd over the community that made him. If the next DOOM is in anyway like Rage--it is, DOOMED

News Comments > Ghost Recon Turns Ten
6. Re: Ghost Recon Turns Ten Nov 16, 2011, 16:25 Marvin T. Martian

Yep. it was such a great game, once upon a time.

"I hope someday to be involved in bringing back the squad tactics of GR and combine them with tech of today-no other product does that currently."
Please please please

News Comments > Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC Next Week
17. Re: Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC Next Week Nov 15, 2011, 17:36 Marvin T. Martian

The Save system still sux big time, the console interface is garbage on the pc for play,weapons still disappear, and even swapping out your equipped items when you pick up an item is just plain wrong!
Game needs a lot of work still.

News Comments > Skyrim Versus ThreatFire
12. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Nov 13, 2011, 19:50 Marvin T. Martian

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 18:38:
Frankly I'm not sure why anyone would be using anything other than Security Essentials at this point. It's free, and it has an extremely light memory footprint.

"It's free" is your first clue that it should be avoided. Anyone who uses a program simply because it is free, needs their head examined.
Stay away.

Just like theatfire (basic version is free) and they are quoting a 2008 review on their web page. Being cheap, puts you and your system at risk.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans
5. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Nov 12, 2011, 16:15 Marvin T. Martian

So happy I skipped this one! Grin  

News Comments > PC Batman: Arkham City This Month
14. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 16:48 Marvin T. Martian

mlw wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 12:51:
Sorry, but the developers screwed up on this one. If it was available when the console versions were, I would have bought it at premium pricing.

Skyrim will monopolize my PC gaming time up until SWTOR is out (and longer perhaps). I have no time for Arkham City until maybe some time next year. I will be buying it a bargain prices then.

BINGO Thumbsup

News Comments > PC Batman: Arkham City This Month
13. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 16:47 Marvin T. Martian

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 14:23:
This delay doesn't bother me, since I will be playing Skyrim anyway.

Yep--the delay cost them a sale-will look for it cheap next summer during the gaming dry spell.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Status Report
26. Re: Battlefield 3 Status Report Nov 1, 2011, 16:51 Marvin T. Martian

Lemmings  

News Comments > Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development
56. Re: Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development Nov 1, 2011, 16:47 Marvin T. Martian

Played the beta and alpha. Knew then it was just another run,gun and die game with consolitis desease and I was going to skip my first BF game! (Although it is pretty.)
Now they come out of the closet and let it be known how the game was really developed--AFTER THE RELEASE.
Glad I skipped it.

496 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo