Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John America

Real Name John America   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Alacritan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 12, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 17437

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM 3 Teaser Site
51. Re: GAWD Nov 11, 2003, 23:21 Alacritan

If it weren't a Quake game, Quake 3 would've been just another mediocre FPS. It wasn't anywhere near as good as UT. Id has most certainly not been years ahead of the competition in all regards. Technologically, yes, but then again they have probably the best graphics engine designer ever in John Carmack. It's expected. But are the graphics really that much better? The texture-shading isn't anything spectacular, even if it is inventive. It's got the same lighting and physics effects that all the other new games have HL2, DX2, etc. The only reason why it might look better is that you have much smaller scenes in D3, not like the wide open landscapes in HL2. But I'm not on anyone's bandwagon. I think Epic's latest suck, UT2004 is what 2003 was promised to be. Valve is screwing up everything in the last three months, so who knows how great HL2 will be. DX2 doesn't look nearly as interesting as DX was, it actually looks rather bland. And D3, while I hope for it to be great, probably won't be more than around 10 hours long, and doesn't even have a great storyline to carry it. I would have been just as happy if they had only technologically updated the original Doom, so I could play Knee Deep in the Dead with DX9 graphics. I guess I'll have to wait for a mod for that one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > UT2004 Pricing Plans
60. Re: Dirty Jobs Oct 16, 2003, 22:11 Alacritan

Exactly. And who kept the box? I sure as hell didn't. I let my friends all borrow the game, wear it out after a couple weeks each, then we sold it back to EB for EB dollars. UT2k3 was crap. And now I'm expected to pay full price for a game they worked on for 1/3 the amount of time as the previous game? No way. I'm getting this one off Kazaa. Epic can lick my balls. Sure, it looks way better than UT2k3, but I'm not willing to shell out any money unless I know it's worth buying, because last year's game surely wasn't. I can only hope Tribes Vengeance will be. Nothing has topped the original Tribes or UT and it doesn't look like this is going to change any time soon.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Delayed
127. Re: Not delayed after all? Jul 31, 2003, 00:07 Alacritan

I'm pretty sure they're still debating whether or not to put the Manipulator gun in the game. So who knows if there's gonna be mass garbage can throwing battles?

But I know the mod I'll look forward to the most is the Monkey Shit Fight mod where you use a hacked version of the Manipulator gun to throw shit at each other, with realistic trajectories and splatter physics.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Delayed
72. No subject Jul 29, 2003, 23:15 Alacritan

I guess everyone forgets that Vivendi is the publisher, and hence, even if a game is finished, if the publisher doesn't publish it, it doesn't come out. When it comes down to it, Vivendi has control of the release date. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they delayed it for the holiday season now that DooM 3 is delayed.

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo