Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sugarman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 17:00
Total Comments 197 (Novice)
User ID 17415

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Naked Singularity Feb 14, 2009, 15:53 Sugarman

What happens once matter is pulled towards the singularity at ever increasing speeds the matter would appear to slow down to us as time passes more slowly for a fast moving object the closer to the speed of light it gets? Perhaps it's mass becomes infinite as it reaches light speed or some unknown phenomena allows it to pass beyond the speed of light therefore theoretically going back in time, where would this matter end up then? Depending on the speed it attains should define how far back in time it travels. Interesting at least, something to chew on.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVE Online Interview
4. Re: EVE Online Interview Feb 4, 2009, 09:29 Sugarman

You gotta get into a good corp to have real fun. Then it's like an entirely different game. I've never tried the militia warfare yet but I hear that's fun too. Running missions and mining do get boring as hell, and the learning curve is pretty steep for this game but pvp is where the fun is, engaging in fleet battles of 150+ on each side and using tactics to get the upper hand never gets dull.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
22. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Jan 24, 2009, 16:42 Sugarman

Multiplayer is some seriously fun stuff once you stagger through installing all the bullshit they want you to have before being able to play.  

News Comments > CCP May be Forced from Iceland
11. Re: CCP May be Forced from Iceland Dec 23, 2008, 17:00 Sugarman

I heard that Goonfleet was taking over their space so now they are fleeing to the USA "Empire". I heard one of their exec's say "We didn't want to be based in that country anyway", he then promptly walked away mumbling under his breath "there are no goons".  

News Comments > Need for Speed Undercover Benchmarked
5. Re: Need for Speed Undercover Benchmarked Nov 20, 2008, 14:47 Sugarman

I'll just repost this from the other day as I'm lazy and this game sucks.

Normally I wouldn't complain. But I feel it's my duty to warn anyone even thinking of purchasing this game, I wanted to like it, but, well, it's just terrible. The graphics suck "geforce 260 & 1920x1200 only show how ugly it really is". This is garbage, how can they let this turd slip into the bowl of even moderately fun games out there. Put it this way, if I were at the bar and this game was a chick, no amount of beer would make me sleep with it, yep, it's that ugly, an I'm talking ugly down to the bone. Actually I'm not doing you justice by my mere rhetoric, no words can explain the catastrophic failure that this game is.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Need for Speed Undercover
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Need for Speed Undercover Nov 18, 2008, 22:17 Sugarman

Normally I wouldn't complain. But I feel it's my duty to warn anyone even thinking of purchasing this game, I wanted to like it, but, well, it's just terrible. The graphics suck "geforce 260 & 1920x1200 only show how ugly it really is". This is garbage, how can they let this turd slip into the bowl of even moderately fun games out there. Put it this way, if I were at the bar and this game was a chick, no amount of beer would make me sleep with it, yep, it's that ugly, an I'm talking ugly down to the bone. Actually I'm not doing you justice by my mere rhetoric, no words can explain the catastrophic failure that this game is.  

2. Star Trek Trailer # 2 Nov 18, 2008, 01:59 Sugarman

Never been much of a Star Trek fan, mostly a sci-fi fan, but damn, that trailer #2 looks just awesome.  

News Comments > New GRID Demo
14. Re: GRID SUCKS. Jun 14, 2008, 11:43 Sugarman

I'm having fun with it and I've yet to connect my wheel. It does look damn good, and something about running the other drivers off the road and smashing them all up while trying to keep your car drivable is just plain fun.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Uncontacted Tribe May 31, 2008, 02:59 Sugarman

Yes, not only did this large bird flying overhead diminish any hopes of this tribe's hope to feast on the shiny metal humming beast, but it also stole their soul by mistake while taking this picture. Farewell uncontacted tribe, may you fling poo at each other while making grunting noises and feasting on insects while watching unbound female breasts give way to the forces of gravity. Oh, how I envy you!!

News Comments > Eve Summer Expansion to Spring Forth
3. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 12:09 Sugarman

Here is a cool song/video sung by one of our corp members "Suas" and the vid is made by another. http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfv1QtZDirY Just for reference, x'ing up is asking to be invited to an op "fleet", and POS is "player owned structure". Really is a fun game and actually involves thinking and strategy. Currently my favorite addiction. But, CCP really needs to fix the lag when large fleet battles occur, sometimes it would be quicker to start a fire and give off smoke signals for in game commands. Also, experience is done by training skills which take a certain amout of time, no matter how much you play you can only train so fast, which makes it good for those that have a life and can't be on all the time.

EDIT: I forgot the link

This comment was edited on May 29, 12:10.

News Comments > Brain Controller Dated, Priced
8. Re: Meh Feb 22, 2008, 14:34 Sugarman

Good post Smoove, I'm on the bandwagon now.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Connect3d Jun 23, 2007, 10:54 Sugarman

After logging in to compusabusiness.com I found an x1600xt 256 card for $69. Listed it as on backorder. I ordered 4 to see what would happen. The next day they shipped and I have them now. I also seen a x1900xt 256mb for $97, I ordered 4 of those after my batch of 1600's came in and to no suprise they are still on backorder. Looks like it was too good to be true.

10. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2007, 12:02 Sugarman

Just as an update, i bought and downloaded the Test Drive Unlimited using the direct download service. Of course we all know that didn't work out too well. I just got my next day air copy of TDU from ups today. Also I can download the D2D copy when it is fixed. "This means I get 2 copies?" Plus the 75% off my next purchase from Atari's direct download service.

Now that's friggin customer service!

News Comments > Gold - Test Drive Unlimited
17. Re: No subject Mar 7, 2007, 08:57 Sugarman

Installed it on another pc with an ATI X800pro and it stutters and locks up identical to my pc with the 7950gt. I was suprised that it activated on a separate pc, however, that doesn't really do me any good as it is unplayable.

News Comments > Gold - Test Drive Unlimited
13. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2007, 21:38 Sugarman

Just as a warning to others, if you have an nvidia card it stutters horribly and locks up every 5-10 seconds, plus it hangs at the first race and won't let you go any further. Everyone on the forums says the beta ran very smooth but the direct 2 drive version has some serious problems. Yes, i bought it and its locking up on my 7950gt card every 5-10 seconds. I'll give it a try on one of my other pc's with an ATI card and update all of you tomorrow.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: PS3 predictions Jan 3, 2007, 17:03 Sugarman

Just bought a 360 myself, along with a Wii and a 46" sharp aquos lcd hdtv. I have always been a die hard pc gamer, but Dead Rising is damn fun, Gears of war is pretty cool, Lego Star Wars is a blast, my wife loves to play it with me, and Test drive unlimited is decent fun. Hooked up to xbox live and updated my 360 "bam" 1080p support was added. This thing looks friggin awesome on my tv. I had a 32" crt and I couldn't even read the subtitles on the 360, but it is amazing on my lcd tv.

Wanna make the 360 or PS3 the dominant system??? Support the god-damn keyboard and mouse in FPS games, I will never get used to using my thumbs for Gears of War, it almost takes all the fun outta the game having to stumble around aiming with that horrible controller. Wii boxing and bowling is a blast, its great when you have company over. If all the games for the 360 would be available for the pc I probably wouldn't have bought a 360, but we all know that will never be the case.

Im going to play a bit of Dead Rising right now as a matter of fact!!

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2006, 19:22 Sugarman

Well, at least I thought it was cool that Nvidia is sponsoring John Carmack's project. Did anyone else actually see this?

17. Re: Dog Whisperer? Aug 20, 2006, 09:00 Sugarman

I just watched him for the first time the other day and I would have to agree, he is amazingly good at what he does.

15. New Running Scared Movie !! Aug 19, 2006, 23:10 Sugarman

Not to throw you guys off subject or anything, well maybe, but have any of you seen the new release "Running Scared"? I picked it up on a whim the other day as most of the movies out now suck balls and wow, it's pretty good, and has the whole max payne theme thing going on pretty well. You'll understand what I mean when you watch it. It's definitely not safe to have kids around while watching as there is full frontal nudity while they are at the strip club and lots of killing and cussing. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll shut up from here but if you're bored this is definitely a good flick.

News Comments > Atari Sell Off?
16. Re: No subject Feb 17, 2006, 14:22 Sugarman

A new battlezone????? Its about time.

197 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo