Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sugarman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 17:00
Total Comments 205 (Novice)
User ID 17415

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > CCP Layoffs
5. Re: CCP Layoffs Oct 19, 2011, 22:29 Sugarman

As they should, Eve makes them plenty of money and they need to cater to where the money is. And I agree, they should make Dust for the pc, for the life of me I cannot use a controller to play FPS games, believe me, I've tried, it just doesn't feel right.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount
14. Re: EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount Oct 14, 2011, 20:30 Sugarman

I play it and enjoy it. Join a good corp, get to know the people in the corp and have fun doing whatever it is that you'd like to do, we're primarily pvp and we have a blast doing it. And we're recruiting as of now, so look for "Sedition" alliance and apply! http://www.sedition-alliance.com

I've been playing for almost 5 years and it's kinda like hanging out with your buddies drinking when we play, "yes, alcohol and eve mix well", we go on pvp ops, get drunk, talk smack, and have lots of fun. I call most of my corpmates friends irl and they are all really normal people with lives/jobs/families, "we won't recruit players under 18". You'd be surprised at the social interaction between us, everything from tips to help each other run our business/jobs in the real world to relationship advice. I'm taking some of them on a trip to Hawaii when I get time to visit one of our other corpmates who lives there. I'll be playing it as long as CCP stays in business and keeps pushing out the updates.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2011, 20:33 Sugarman

I've been coming here for 14 years, this is still one of the few sites I check every single day. Happy 15!!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 28, 2011, 03:06 Sugarman

Wow, Insane 2, I always hoped they would make it! As for Driver San Fransico, so far meh, I want to like it, but the car physics feel a little off, steering sensitivity is either too sensitive or too sluggish depending on if you're sliding or plain driving, it only has one camera view of the car. Why can't they just make it drive like the original "Driver", it had to be one of the most fun driving games when it came out. I haven't tried it with anything but the keyboard yet, so maybe a controller will remedy my earlier complaints. Here's hoping for a patch that makes it fun!  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
16. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2011, 02:24 Sugarman

We really shouldn't be arguing though, as everyone knows Mac's can't get viruses. Apparently this article is a troll.  

15. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2011, 02:16 Sugarman

^^ this  

6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 24, 2011, 21:15 Sugarman

It's all a matter of perspective I suppose. Brought down by the all knowing internet tyrants again. I do agree with some of what you guys have said as in the advancements they've brought to the market, but I was simply stating that Mac's are overpriced/overhyped, how is that wrong? I'm sure you'll tell me as I've somehow hurt you deeply by either talking about your boyfriend Steve or talking trash on your large white toasters.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2011, 20:42 Sugarman

I'd call them and see if it has been rolled out. I just read through all the comments on newegg and some of the users there reported they were on Cox, that was good enough for me. The sb6121 wasn't available when I ordered mine so I have no idea on it, check some reviews on the tubes and see what they say. If they are Docsis 3.0 then then yes, it will make quite a difference in speed. Ripped from Wiki
DOCSIS 3.0 features channel bonding, which enables multiple downstream and upstream channels to be used together at the same time by a single subscriber

4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 24, 2011, 20:29 Sugarman

I knew this would bring out the trolls, and indeed it did!  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2011, 14:41 Sugarman

Get the Motorola Docsis 3.0 cablemodem. Even on the midrange speed package I get 72Mbps down and 7Mbps up, way faster than what it's advertised at, only supposed to get 12Mbps down and 1.5Mbps up. This is the one I'm using [http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825122009] given the speedboost from Cox Communications gives you much more bandwidth temporarily. My old Docsis 2.0 modem would top out at 18Mbps down. This is at my business, I also put one in at my home and it peaked at 95Mbps down the very first time I tried it on Speakeasy's speedtest page.  

1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 24, 2011, 14:25 Sugarman

Ha, I love how it says mac users are clueless about needing antivirus. I like how macs are such a fad, people think they are bucking the trend by purchasing a mac and everyone loves an underdog, however they are just paying more for pretty much exactly the same hardware as whats in a pc "albeit controlled by a single corporation". Steve Jobs is laughing all the way to the bank while the clueless public convinces itself mac's can't get a virus or are easier to use. However I do see the appeal from the standpoint of someone who has no clue how to shop for a pc, when they buy a mac it's the same machine everywhere you go. Preying on the stupid, shame on you corporations.  

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
23. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 17, 2011, 00:15 Sugarman

Just pledged 250 euros "359 US". If my business meets it's forecast this winter I'll most likely do the 2500 euros and hope it makes a profit.

Edit: Like post 21 says, we just need 8000 people paying 50euro each to meet the goal, if it's anything like the last one then it's well worth that amount to get the game via digital download and a boxed copy.

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
20. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 16, 2011, 20:40 Sugarman

Indeed, this is the best news all year. I just signed the "make nexus 2 petition" yesterday, boy was that a quick response "sarcasm". Nexus TJI is still my favorite game, the multiplayer was even fun although nobody played it and the servers went down not long after it was released. I still have my boxed copy and will never get rid of it. I've told countless #'s of people about Nexus and they bought it from steam and loved it. As for the really difficult missions, just look for the walkthrough and it will get you through those impossible ones. The sneaking through the asteroid field to approach the shielded base was painfully hard but I did it after reading what others had done. Funny though the Battlestar Galactica mod was just released the other day for Nexus TJI. There's a star trek mod for it as well that's fun and some additional missions made by players that are also quite good.  

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Nexus Mod
2. Re: Battlestar Galactica Nexus Mod Aug 14, 2011, 20:51 Sugarman

This is one of my all time favorite games. Check out the tech 2 video from this link and sign the petition to get it produced. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4y2T0-skM  

News Comments > Battlezone II Beta Patch
6. Re: Battlezone II Beta Patch Aug 2, 2011, 22:03 Sugarman

I wish someone would redo this game with updated graphics, it's concept is great and I had so much fun playing this game back in the day.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jul 14, 2011, 23:56 Sugarman

I remember watching The Thing when I was a kid, one scary ass movie everyone should see.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 29, 2011, 22:42 Sugarman

I didn't read any of the comments, but for me, I'd have to say no to 3D games, I've been blind in one eye since birth so the whole 3D glasses thing doesn't work for me.  

News Comments > EVE Online Player Exodus?
26. Re: EVE Online Player Exodus? Jun 28, 2011, 16:36 Sugarman

Referring to my previous thread, if they overprice ships and items like they have for what's already on the microtransaction system then nobody is going to use it anyhow. I may have the money to blow to save me time but I'm not going to be foolish with it, it has to be a fair price.  

News Comments > EVE Online Player Exodus?
24. Re: EVE Online Player Exodus? Jun 28, 2011, 16:28 Sugarman

You can buy ships and items from websites already, however its against the game's policy to purchase them in this manner. I'd guess some of these people crying are the ones selling such items for cash on websites and are the ones looking to take a hit in the wallet from all this. I don't have time to make isk in EVE "I do still have a large chunk from when I did have time", and buying PLEX for cash then selling it for isk would solve this, but you still have to go get the items you purchase from wherever that station is and possibly lose them bringing them back to wherever you are stationed at. If I could buy ships and such through the microtransaction system and they just show up where I'm at this would be a real time saver for me and probably many like me, thus allowing me time to enjoy the game rather then spending half the time doing logistics work. CCP would divert the money to themselves instead of going to these websites I spoke of and I don't see a problem with that. I say screw these 5000 people, they'll make tenfold the cash from the new system than they'd lose giving in to such a small group of whiners.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Beta Stats
15. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 8, 2011, 00:33 Sugarman

Actually I do very well even with arty, I know to keep moving when arty is on the map. All I'm saying is that I think it would be more fun without it.  

205 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo