Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sugarman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 17:00
Total Comments 184 (Novice)
User ID 17415

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2004, 09:50 Sugarman

Do you have cox internet service?? They've been advertising how they are upping everyones bandwith on tv. I upgraded to the 4megabit down and 384 up about 2-3 months ago and I checked my speed the other day, It was still 4.0 down but the upload went to 768, I checked it two more times just to make sure. Funny though, when they introduced cable modems here the upload was 768 then they changed it to 256, now back to 768, damn indian givers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: SpaceShipOne Sep 15, 2004, 09:19 Sugarman

Ha, I'm also 31 and very excited to see spaceship one perform at the end of this month. I too about 15 years ago thought things would be very different today, hell, I figured we'd be able to do the space hotel thingy by now also. Damn, I guess we'll have to get off our asses and do it ourselves.

49. Galactic Conquest .4 Sep 10, 2004, 23:45 Sugarman

If anyone is lurking around here bored, they just released GC.4 on http://www.galactic-conquest.net/index.php . Looks like they have a few mirrors up as well as a torrent file. Just finished dl'ing it myself. This BF42 mod looks to be a good one.

10. Beef Jerky Sep 9, 2004, 09:13 Sugarman

I have an 8 year old Jack Russel, extremely smart dog and very well mannered, but when I break out the beef jerky it's like dangling cocaine in front of a crack addict. I swear if she could she would cut off her own paw just get the whole bag. My wife's grandparents keep her every so often cause they love to have her around, but they give her liver sometimes before I get her back and damn, you wanna talk about some bad farts, they'll clear a room in no time.

21. Desert Combat Sep 2, 2004, 10:50 Sugarman

While playing some DC last night I stumbled upon a game with a few members whose names started with (dice) and (trauma)delise. Surely I thought they were fakes and so did one of the other players "mr. pink was his name". Mr. pink would not quit bugging the player named delise, so finally he told mr. pink to check out this link http://www.traumastudios.com/pink.html

Just in case he removes it, it says "Can you stop now!!!!! I am real", mr. pink replied "thats a neat trick" and ceased his accusations at frank delise. Frank was getting schooled too cause he was too busy replying to everyones questions.

No real point to this story, but I thought it was pretty cool to get to play with Frank for a bit. He left before I could ask him to refund my $20 dollar donation to DC since his little merger as of yesterday, I figure he doesn't need my $20 bucks anymore :), j/k Frank you can keep it. And if you read the blues forums congrats on your success.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 10:52.

News Comments > On DOOM 3 Settings
121. Re: On personal finances Jul 27, 2004, 09:23 Sugarman

That really puts it in perspective WaltC, a very good example and a good job of explaining it. A damn fine read if I may say so.

News Comments > Carmack Working Ahead
18. Re: Good Jul 20, 2004, 17:19 Sugarman

Indeed, but my comment still stands. I don't care about Carmack's hobbies and neither does anyone else here, so why is it even mentioned? "Carmack working on next gaming engine". That about sums it up no?

Wrong, I'm very intersted in this so called hobby of his, you should go check out the site and some of the vids they have of the test vehicle launch, pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

26. Re: Interstate82 mod for bf42 Jul 20, 2004, 16:02 Sugarman

More mirrors available on bf1982.com I really dig this mod and its cool that it came out on tuesday as this is my gaming night. It really helps to have seven computers in the basement so noone has to bring anything over. Setting up everyone's computer and patching/installing mods takes too much time when its just a night after work.

25. Interstate82 mod for bf42 Jul 20, 2004, 15:39 Sugarman

Interstate 82 mod 1.8 for bf1942 just came out today. Not too popular but if you were into I82 back in the day it's pretty damn fun. www.bf42.com

News Comments > It Came from E3, Part 14
15. Re: Booth Babe Pictorial On Deep Six May 24, 2004, 09:26 Sugarman

Actually I thought the wife-beater was perfect for the pics, quite funny. I must have worded my previous post wrong as I didn't mean to portray any sarcasm. The priest robe would be hilarious, also get a logo of your site stitched on the front, that would be classic.

Edit for spelling

This comment was edited on May 24, 09:27.

9. Re: Booth Babe Pictorial On Deep Six May 23, 2004, 09:27 Sugarman

About the guy in those pics, he looks silly with that wife-beater shirt on and his funny grin. The pictures would be better w/o him in them.

Yea, but nothing says "I like to grope chicks" more than wearing a wife-beater in public. Good choice on your lady killing attire aavenr.

This comment was edited on May 23, 09:29.

8. Re: Booth Babe Pictorial On Deep Six May 23, 2004, 09:14 Sugarman

You should have put your arm around Gabe in the picture aavenr, that would have been funny as hell "he has curves too".

JK Gabe, just in case you read this post, "get to work".:)

This comment was edited on May 23, 09:16.

18. Re: No subject May 18, 2004, 15:44 Sugarman

I have to agree space captian, my bs flag is at full mast over this obviously crappy explanation. Why don't they just tell us it's flaming balls of shit dropped by passenger jets "somehow ignited by the exhaust". Hell, I'd believe that!! ....sarcasm....

20. Re: NyQuil Jan 14, 2004, 13:52 Sugarman

Just try getting crapfaced drunk and let the alcohol kill all those little nasties floating around in your bloodstream, although I would stay away from snorting alcohol to kill off those pesky rhinovirus's. It burns like hell

PS: Thanks for the suggestions in the earlier post from a few days ago nin.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
25. Re: MS Support in Win98SE Jan 14, 2004, 13:43 Sugarman

You're not bugging me at all nin, nobody knows everything and whoever thinks they do is sorely mistaken. I was actually wondering if it may be something network related, and it looks like I will be giving this a try. I greatly appreciate your input and wish there were more people like you who just like to help others.

By the way, do you know of any good message boards or support sites other than experts-exchange that don't charge you to ask questions.

23. Re: MS Support in Win98SE Jan 14, 2004, 09:42 Sugarman

We don't use an image file, most of our machines that run XP have just been upgraded from a previous OS. Although I have formatted a machine and realoaded it from scratch only to get the same results, I even went so far as to upgrade the computer with different hardware to see if that was the cause "along with another wipe and reload".

Other machines that work flawlessly with Xp are even a dead on hardware/software match.

21. Re: MS Support in Win98SE Jan 14, 2004, 08:47 Sugarman

If there is a memory leak, task manager sure isn't showing it. The processor is staying at 99% idle and it shows there is still over 250 megs of free system memory, I just checked it this morning. I found an article that says winXP stores portions of its OS on the pagefile after being on for a while and that this can slow things down, there's a registry tweak to disable this that I'm going to try out today.

I'm not sure how to take your comment about not knowing more than the other 5 guys, maybe you misworded it or you meant it to be a demeaning statement. If so, why do you feel the need to be generally rude to people you don't even know and taking it for granted everyone else is ignorant.
If it was misworded then I'm sorry and I appreciate your comments on a solution to my problem.

19. Re: MS Support in Win98SE Jan 13, 2004, 15:29 Sugarman

Um, there's a few spyware apps that, when spybot removes them, will tear-up your TCPIP stack...new.net is notorious for this...

I've run ex-pee pro at home since they sp'd it, and it behaves fine...I reboot it about once a week...

I also remove new.net through add/remove first then let spybot remove the leftovers just in case that would happen.

Damn people, I might have been born at night, but it wasn't last night. j/k Thanks for the tip anyway nin.

17. Re: MS Support in Win98SE Jan 13, 2004, 12:13 Sugarman

Good try Rkone,
1. We don't buy branded pc's, they are built by ourselves or built locally and we specify what parts they are to be built with.
2. All pc's run Norton Corporate 8.1 and we run spybot on all machines.

Of course getting around to 250 machines between 2 of us takes a little time when they are spread out over 12 locations around town.

I'm not bashing your precious XP, only stating my experience with the pro version. I have not ran into this problem on machines with XP Home. And we get more service calls from machines with xp than 2k because of system instability or odd\eratic behavior.

Maybe your experience with XP is good "and thats great", but it simply isn't as stable an OS as 2k in our environment. And microsoft knows of this error, it can be found on their support site "I just dont remember where".
To get the patch you have to call MS support and they will e-mail it to you, the bad part is that the patch hasn't worked on any computers with said problem.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 12:15.

13. Re: MS Support in Win98SE (Marketing!) Jan 13, 2004, 08:57 Sugarman

I may move over to the new coke when they fix it "xp pro". At least half of our machines on the network with XP have to be rebooted daily because they slow down to a crawl "like clicking on the start tab only to have it pop up 3-5 minutes later" after being on for 24 hours. As for now its win2k on all our machines, it is still more stable than xp in my opinion. I'm just glad they extended support for win2k out till 2007, maybe a real OS will be out by then.

And I've tried the beta SP2 and the fix only available from MS support, both with no sucess.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 09:00.

184 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo