Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sugarman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 17:00
Total Comments 207 (Novice)
User ID 17415

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > gtaTournament Vice City Mod
10. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2005, 13:11 Sugarman

I tried the no-cd patch earlier and that didn't work either, it just flashed the cdrom icon by the cursor again and then nothing happened. Its sad that a paying customer has to find a workaround/crack just to get the game to work.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2005, 13:07 Sugarman

Even though I own a legit copy it refuses to work normally. After using a program I found called anti-blaxx and daemon cdtools I finally got it to work again. Looks as if
securerom7 works a little too good.

7. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2005, 12:26 Sugarman

Thats what I thought too nin, I knew I've seen that little cd icon before. Uninstalled all my starforce hidden device drivers and still a no go on my GTASA, even removed any registry references to GTASA. Reinstalled again and I still get that little cd icon and then the game doesn't start. Anyone know what kind of protection scheme GTASA uses? I do own a legit copy if anyone is wondering.

5. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2005, 20:48 Sugarman

As a matter of fact, GTASA will not work at all now, uninstalled the mod, uninstalled and reinstalled GTASA and it still doesn't work. I would have to advise against using this until a newer version is out. I get a little bit of disk activity and a cd icon beside the cursor "which wasn't there before" and then nothing.

4. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2005, 17:57 Sugarman

Can't get it to work though, it launches the client when you select a server link from the list and then just dies.

News Comments > Nexus MP Fix
3. Re: Nexus Re: Any Good? Jun 16, 2005, 09:35 Sugarman

Bought this when it came out and I like the hell out of it, not enough multiplayer servers out there but even the sp portion of the game is extremely fun. Graphics are awesome and once you learn all the key commands its a breeze to play. I think I've played thru the single player 3 times now and its still fun. There are also some mods out already for this, just check out the www.nexusthegame.com and browse the forums.

EDIT: Multiplayer battles where each team has a fort shield "a giant shield that surrounds one of your ships and any other ships close to it" are just insanely fun.
This comment was edited on Jun 16, 09:44.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Joyland Jun 15, 2005, 10:48 Sugarman

This is too funny, I live in Wichita and have been to that amusement park once. It boggles the mind to think that people actually ride the roller coaster as it looks like its ready to fall apart at any time. I stood by the entry and seen the wobble in the track and all that rotted wood and the first thing that came to mind was "hell no i'm not getting on that thing". Its like the lottery, sooner or later someone is gonna win "as in die". Rumor has it that a grounds worker with low mental capacitance "downsyndrome" stuck his head up through the tracks to see what all the noise was, and got decapitated.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GTA: San Andreas
47. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 22:44 Sugarman

True, playing on the couch does have its benefits.

38. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 10:20 Sugarman

Maybe multiplayer with a patch from the mta team would steer you to the pc version. Plus the pc will still have better graphics and think of the mods that will follow, I don't see how you could contemplate getting the xbox version if you have a pc. Plus your laser or whole xbox will probably burn up in a year or less anyway and then your screwed.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 10:21.

35. Re: Well.... Jun 7, 2005, 09:51 Sugarman

I still think gamepads suck, and your efforts to turn me to the darkside of gaming will never happen Lord Goose.

Hmmm, that lightning from the hands is pretty cool though, I'm not sure if I like what it does to one's face but maybe some sort of cream could prevent that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 08:59 Sugarman

Oh, and did you hear that mac is also in talks with microsoft to supply their next OS.

Hehe, sorry, I couldn't resist.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 08:57 Sugarman

I love it, maybe it will knock some of those mac guys off off their high horse.

Maclover: Oh, my risc processor is so superior to your, oh wait, you have an intel too, damn it I'll just build my own mac with an ibm processor, now where can I order those parts.

Myself: I hear you'll be able to build your own mac right around the same time the Phantom console comes out, that should be about never.

30. Re: Well.... Jun 7, 2005, 08:49 Sugarman

I played it on the PS2 and loved the game but absolutely despised that stupid controller, I don't understand how anyone can play an FPS or anything on those worthless button ridden inaccurate peices of crap, when will they learn that the mouse and keyboard are far superior to the fumblestick.

And I could barely see the map since the graphics were so bad on the PS2. I will definitely get it for the PC since it uses the same code as the previous version and the MTA team will certainly release a multiplayer patch for it. Although they should have released it at 29 or 39 bucks as compared to 49.

And look at yourselves all bickering in the previous posts, I should get out my shotgun and "maybe this game does make us all violent" polish it then put it back in the cabinet,.....what, did you think I was gonna say shoot someone, shame on you.

News Comments > Gold - US FlatOut
6. Re: Undercooked Jun 3, 2005, 18:43 Sugarman

You can download a patch that allows you to enable or disable the driver from flying through the windshield "windscreen for you european types". Try www.flatouthq.com, they have a few mods and patches over there. The game was still fun as hell though playing with 6 people on a lan. Not for you true sim types but if your looking to have fun smashing things up its quite fun.

News Comments > Cross Racing Championship 2005 Demo
3. Re: Starforce again May 27, 2005, 20:22 Sugarman

Does this one suck like the previous demo or did they fix the physics?

News Comments > Gold - Cross Racing Championship
1. Questionable May 12, 2005, 11:05 Sugarman

I tried the demo a while back hoping it was similar to Insane, the previous game from invictus that was damn fun to play multiplayer. The impression I got was that it sucked pretty hard. Here's hoping that they got their shit together on the final release. Imaging sitting backwards in the seat and driving with your ass, thats the impression I got from the demo, and I know something about driving with your ass too or is that driving like an ass, ummmmm.....you get the point.

News Comments > 2 Days to Vegas Revealed
6. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2005, 08:53 Sugarman

Those almost have to be renders, It says on their website they make games for consoles and pc's. I doubt even the next generation of console could handle that. How dare they try to fool us with pretty pictures and sweet pillow talk, ok maybe not that second part but it sounded good. I love that HAL 9000 comment by the way.

News Comments > 2 Days to Vegas Revealed
5. Re: Vinny has a problem… Apr 26, 2005, 08:40 Sugarman

If those really are in-game screenshots I'm quite amazed.

23. Re: Computer Problem Dec 28, 2004, 11:00 Sugarman

Good find Zathrus, and glad to hear your problem is fixed complicity.

7. Re: Computer Problem Dec 28, 2004, 09:28 Sugarman

Oh, make sure to run Spybot, it will pick up some things that Ad Aware misses. You can turn on the "resident Tea timer" and it should notify you of any changes to your system registry. Turn on advanced mode first and go to tools, then resident.

207 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo