Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sugarman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 17:00
Total Comments 184 (Novice)
User ID 17415

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
98. Re: HL2 Help Nov 18, 2004, 21:17 Sugarman

Ha, SST I didn't even look for the batteries on the buggy mission, I just jumped the gate just to the left of the main opening. Hit the rubble with the turbo on and its up and over.
I'll look for the batteries next time I play

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

137. Re: Could not connect to Steam Network! Nov 16, 2004, 07:41 Sugarman

Okay, after 20 or so tries it finally accepts my login. I was starting to get very pissed off.

134. Could not connect to Steam Network! Nov 16, 2004, 07:36 Sugarman

You gotta be fucking kidding me, I knew this would happen. It wont connect to steam and then when it does it won't accept my account, says its not a valid account. Well, I have the bank statement to prove it.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Nexus
10. Re: Subject Nov 4, 2004, 10:18 Sugarman

You're selling yourself short Reactor by not trying to play this. If you refuse to read the instructions then just wait for the retail game with the integrated tutorial. It probably took me about 4-6 tries on the singleplayer demo while reading the readme and visiting the nexus forums before I was comfortable playing this. I will warn those who are mindless FPS fans, you can't just plop down and blow people away, you have to learn the game and then it's extremely fun and very rewarding especially playing multiplayer battles with others using a good team strategy.

Edit: And what crack were you smoking when you said it doesn't look good, buy a damn video card and pull out that gforce2mx.
Edit: oops, spelling
This comment was edited on Nov 4, 10:23.

News Comments > FlatOut Demo
17. Fun! Nov 3, 2004, 19:13 Sugarman

Its pretty fun, kinda console-ish, but still fun. It should be a blast to play over the lan though. I hope we can modify the engine sounds or they have different ones for different cars or depending on mods to your car because the engine kinda sounds like someone is beating a cow really fast. I also wish their was a way to put on your seatbelt so you didn't fly outta the windshield every time you hit something, its cool at first but it kinda gets a little annoying when you really want to see what you hit or who you hit instead of your driver flying through the air and you have to wait for him to stop before you can reset your car.

This game must slow the frame rate when it detects too many poly's because it acts like it slows down on purpose so that it wont bog down your machine, probably a must for the consoles "being the wimpy little girly machines that they are". And my machine is no slouch in this department, should run speedy as hell.

Other than that the game is still damn fun to play, I just drove around smashing stuff every once in a while or drove backwards down the track just to cause carnage.

Edit: Sounds much better with the doppler off and sound settings on software rather than hardware, at least it does on my sblive.
This comment was edited on Nov 3, 19:21.

News Comments > Gold - FlatOut
24. Re: No subject Oct 26, 2004, 18:48 Sugarman

Thanks for posting on this subject Warmth, its good to hear from the development team once in a while and I think it really makes a good impression on the gaming community. Here's to hoping you realease an SDK!!

20. PC or X-box? Oct 26, 2004, 18:03 Sugarman

Actually I have 7 computers in my basement and my friends come over to play every few weeks, so you can probably see why I'm going for the pc version. Also if your company releases mod tools how does that benefit the X-box, I'll bet this game will have some awesome total modifications if you released an SDK or some good mod tools. The mods add so much more to the replayability of a game, I probably would have quit playing BF42 a year ago if it weren't for all the cool mods.

EDIT: for spelling

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 18:05.

8. Re: PC or XBox? Oct 26, 2004, 13:36 Sugarman

Pc or X-box? You sir are a traitor, clearly the pc version is the correct choice, "waves hand in front of face Obi-Wan style" you want to buy the pc version, don't you!! j/k

1. gold Oct 26, 2004, 09:58 Sugarman

This game is going to be an absolute blast to play at lan party's. I haven't had one in a few months but I think I'll have to start again.

News Comments > Nexus: The Jupiter Incident MP Demo
10. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2004, 18:32 Sugarman

Bucky, if you want to pause the game anytime during combat just hit the spacebar and you can issue commands to your ships, then unpause and watch the carnage. All said thats about as close to a turn based game as you're gonna get. Anyone not trying this is missing out or you just don't like space games. And if anyone needs any help just go over to www.nexusthegame.com forums and post in there. Chip is pretty helpful and always seems to respond promptly to anyone's threads.

News Comments > Nexus N.A. Delay
8. Re: Order? Oct 19, 2004, 13:42 Sugarman

Thanks chip, you da-man.

News Comments > Nexus N.A. Delay
6. Order? Oct 19, 2004, 08:45 Sugarman

If we live in North America can't we just order this from the UK somewhere? If anyone knows please post a link to where I can still buy this. Where's chip at, he's usually posting like crazy in all the Nexus threads.

22. Re: Search180 - Malware Oct 18, 2004, 10:07 Sugarman

Gojo, if you have VX2 coming up you need to download AD AWARE from download.com, then go to lavasoftusa.com and go to downloads, add-ons. Install the VX2 plugin then start ad aware, go to plug-ins and run the VX2 plugin, that should get rid of it. Also run a scan with ad-aware and download and run spybot also. Doesn't hurt to get spywareblaster for more protection either.

11. Re: My first 3D card! Oct 18, 2004, 08:34 Sugarman

Ha, I also had the 6mb pure 3d from canopus "don't ask me how I still remember that". It was $179.00 and I was playing Interstate 76 and Starfleet Academy on it when I first got it installed. I remember going to a lan party to play quake and everyone thought it was so cool "those geeks :)". One of my friends was working on his computer while swapping parts out of mine to see what was wrong with his, he accidentally kept my cable that connected the primary video card to the pure 3d so I had to switch my monitor to another card every time I wanted to play, I was so pissed off, he lived about 150 miles away.

News Comments > GTR Demo
6. GTR Oct 12, 2004, 12:08 Sugarman

I'm not much into these types of games normally, but I played the leaked press demo and it was amazing, the sounds and the way the car reacts are just awesome. I can't wait till I get off work so I can try out the new demo with some AI opponents.

Gonna have to dust off my steering wheel and pedals now!

News Comments > Gold - Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
20. Re: No subject Oct 1, 2004, 17:22 Sugarman

I agree chip, I think the last sci-fi game that had a great story and stunning graphics for its time was freespace 2, since that they have all been kinda ho-hum. Oh ,I guess I left out I-war 2, it had a pretty good story and it was damn fun to play.

15. Re: No subject Oct 1, 2004, 13:37 Sugarman

Oh yea, and CDV can lick my balls for cancelling this 2 years ago and making us wait, "I had to throw that in".

14. Re: No subject Oct 1, 2004, 13:34 Sugarman

I think chip is being paid to promote this, do a search for nexus on google and you'll find chip posting like crazy all over different message boards, hehe, just givig you a hard time chip.
I mastered the old IG3 demo and the new one was pretty damn hard to learn still. As chip told me, "the spacebar is your friend", that pauses the game while you issue commands to your ships, for those who don't read the manual. I had to read the manual twice and visit the forums to finally understand the demo enough to have fun. I agree it was a mistake not to include a tutorial but after waiting 2 years for this I'm just happy it's being released. I think the mods for this game will also be awesome, if anyone hasn't checked it out yet someone has already started a star trek mod, and his models are looking quite good. Just visit the nexus forums and look at the mod section.

Only bad part is I'm gonna have to teach my friends how to play since I have the occasional lan party at my house and they are what you would call a lazy gamer "plays whatever comes easiest to them without having to put forth any real effort into learning something".

News Comments > Nexus: The Jupiter Incident Demo
21. Re: Nexus Sep 26, 2004, 10:18 Sugarman

Yea, i meant cdv, i just got mixed up and forgot which one dropped them.

News Comments > Nexus: The Jupiter Incident Demo
15. Singleplayer? Sep 24, 2004, 17:16 Sugarman

I thought the singleplayer demo was supposed to come out only in game mag cd's and the internet demo would be multiplayer, guess they musta found some bugs in the multi and decided to release the singleplayer instead.

The game does look awesome and once you get past the learning curve its pretty damn fun, someone over on the nexus forums has already started on a star trek mod for it and I have to admit the screenshots he has posted look very good. I am definitely buying this one when it comes out, hell I've been waiting for over 2 years now since it got canned by mithis.

184 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo