Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sugarman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 17:00
Total Comments 196 (Novice)
User ID 17415

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > X3: Reunion Goes Beta
6. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2005, 11:02 Sugarman

That would be awesome if they would make another Freespace type game with updated graphics and damage. I Remember playing the last one and seeing all the beam weapons in battle while flying around and all I could say was "damn", there was so much going on it was just insane. Multiplayer was even pretty fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Advent Rising
13. Re: Advent Aug 9, 2005, 19:55 Sugarman

Agreed, God of War was Damn good.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Advent Rising
9. Re: Advent Aug 9, 2005, 15:02 Sugarman

It looks pretty good to me and most people over at adventtrilogy.com forums seem to like it. It's only 29.95, so I'll be buying it tomorrow.

News Comments > Nexus New Conflicts
6. Awesome Jul 28, 2005, 15:41 Sugarman

I'd have to say that if you like any kind of sci-fi tactical game with the best graphics out there you would be cheating yourself not to buy this game.

I also loved this game, probably played through the main storyline 3 times now and I still like it, a couple of the missions are kinda shoddy but the rest are great.

Multiplayer is fun also, but there is hardly ever anyone playing.

If you don't read the manual and follow the tutorial closely in the first few missions yes you will be lost, this game is not for the casual shoot-em up gamer so be warned.

The graphics are the best I've seen to date in a space game and it pains me to see people call it a bargain bin buy.

News Comments > New gtaTournament
2. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 17:00 Sugarman

Let me know how it works, the earlier release totally botched up my GTASA install and nothing would work after that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: AV software Jul 8, 2005, 14:08 Sugarman

And could I have put it more nicely? Yes, you're right, I could have. But when most are recommending free products, recommending an expensive corporate edition indicated to me that you weren't at all aware of the price difference.

Well that, and I'm a rather brash asshole at times. I don't think anyone here will disagree

Can't argue with that last statement!:) j/k

I was just trying to spout out some helpful advice without thinking first, my apologies for misleading anyone. As for free virus products I would have to throw my hat in the AVG ring as well, it's my choice AV scanner for home users. Most after work calls I go on get AVG installed unless the user has a preference otherwise.

17. Re: AV software Jul 8, 2005, 12:48 Sugarman

Yeah! Because, ya know, you need to pay $516 for 1 year of AV protection (price based on the smallest # of client licenses (10) that you could order from Symantec's website for SAVCE). Even presuming hefty discounts from a reseller that's still an utterly ridiculous price.

Let me guess -- you don't pay for your copy one way or another. It appears that a large number of college campuses license it, and of course any business that licenses it generally requires employees to install it on their home systems prior to using a VPN.

Its been a while since I've bought it new, we've been renewing for over 4 years now. Guess I should have checked before posting. And thanks for bringing this to my attention Zathrus in the most blatantly disrespectful manner.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 12:50.

8. Re: AV software Jul 8, 2005, 11:47 Sugarman

You need Symantec Corporate Edition Blue, its fully configurable so you can turn off the warning messages and it's not too hard on the system resources. Granted you will have to order the license and such, but its such a step above all these pathetic boxed dummed down versions and v10 has very effective spyware/malware/adware real time protection.

As for Symantec's boxed products I too found them to be a resource hog and promptly removed them.

Edit: With tamper protection turned on savce10 is using just under 40megs on my machine, and I've never noticed any sluggishness from the real time scanning.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 11:51.

News Comments > gtaTournament Vice City Mod
11. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2005, 13:34 Sugarman

Had to use the anti-blaxx to start GTASA and have the original dvd in the drive and the mini-image mounted from gamecopyworld.com. After getting it to start up this way I unmounted the mini image and turned off anti-blaxx and it works again normally, what a pain in the ass that was. All this just to get my single player GTASA to work again. I think I'll wait for the MTAVC team to finish their version of MTASA before I try this again.

10. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2005, 13:11 Sugarman

I tried the no-cd patch earlier and that didn't work either, it just flashed the cdrom icon by the cursor again and then nothing happened. Its sad that a paying customer has to find a workaround/crack just to get the game to work.

9. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2005, 13:07 Sugarman

Even though I own a legit copy it refuses to work normally. After using a program I found called anti-blaxx and daemon cdtools I finally got it to work again. Looks as if
securerom7 works a little too good.

7. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2005, 12:26 Sugarman

Thats what I thought too nin, I knew I've seen that little cd icon before. Uninstalled all my starforce hidden device drivers and still a no go on my GTASA, even removed any registry references to GTASA. Reinstalled again and I still get that little cd icon and then the game doesn't start. Anyone know what kind of protection scheme GTASA uses? I do own a legit copy if anyone is wondering.

5. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2005, 20:48 Sugarman

As a matter of fact, GTASA will not work at all now, uninstalled the mod, uninstalled and reinstalled GTASA and it still doesn't work. I would have to advise against using this until a newer version is out. I get a little bit of disk activity and a cd icon beside the cursor "which wasn't there before" and then nothing.

4. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2005, 17:57 Sugarman

Can't get it to work though, it launches the client when you select a server link from the list and then just dies.

News Comments > Nexus MP Fix
3. Re: Nexus Re: Any Good? Jun 16, 2005, 09:35 Sugarman

Bought this when it came out and I like the hell out of it, not enough multiplayer servers out there but even the sp portion of the game is extremely fun. Graphics are awesome and once you learn all the key commands its a breeze to play. I think I've played thru the single player 3 times now and its still fun. There are also some mods out already for this, just check out the www.nexusthegame.com and browse the forums.

EDIT: Multiplayer battles where each team has a fort shield "a giant shield that surrounds one of your ships and any other ships close to it" are just insanely fun.
This comment was edited on Jun 16, 09:44.

6. Joyland Jun 15, 2005, 10:48 Sugarman

This is too funny, I live in Wichita and have been to that amusement park once. It boggles the mind to think that people actually ride the roller coaster as it looks like its ready to fall apart at any time. I stood by the entry and seen the wobble in the track and all that rotted wood and the first thing that came to mind was "hell no i'm not getting on that thing". Its like the lottery, sooner or later someone is gonna win "as in die". Rumor has it that a grounds worker with low mental capacitance "downsyndrome" stuck his head up through the tracks to see what all the noise was, and got decapitated.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GTA: San Andreas
47. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 22:44 Sugarman

True, playing on the couch does have its benefits.

38. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 10:20 Sugarman

Maybe multiplayer with a patch from the mta team would steer you to the pc version. Plus the pc will still have better graphics and think of the mods that will follow, I don't see how you could contemplate getting the xbox version if you have a pc. Plus your laser or whole xbox will probably burn up in a year or less anyway and then your screwed.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 10:21.

35. Re: Well.... Jun 7, 2005, 09:51 Sugarman

I still think gamepads suck, and your efforts to turn me to the darkside of gaming will never happen Lord Goose.

Hmmm, that lightning from the hands is pretty cool though, I'm not sure if I like what it does to one's face but maybe some sort of cream could prevent that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 08:59 Sugarman

Oh, and did you hear that mac is also in talks with microsoft to supply their next OS.

Hehe, sorry, I couldn't resist.

196 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo