Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sugarman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 17:00
Total Comments 197 (Novice)
User ID 17415

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Ancient Space Announced
13. Re: Ancient Space Announced Aug 21, 2014, 19:29 Sugarman

You mentioned Nexus The Jupiter Incident, one of my favorite space games, a couple missions are so so but most are great and I think the story really draws you in.

It's too bad their Kickstarter campaign failed miserably for Nexus 2, the goal was only $400,000, they didn't get the word out properly, most people found out about it long after the KS campaign ended. The concept video is still out there somewhere from years ago. Here it is, not too bad for 8 years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZQEvg1V0Y

Anyhow, I hope this game ends up being done right, a long void of space games and now they're popping up everywhere, it's nice to see them making a comeback.

Edit: oops, looks like the goal was 650,000

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2014, 21:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
21. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 18:49 Sugarman

I like the flight model in the DFM. I'm in the next wave to get into the multi player! It's fun, but the dogfighting aspect isn't why I backed the game, flying the multicrewed ships is! I bought the Constellation because of that and because I support the concept and direction this game is taking.

It's gonna be a while before anything actually close to a "game" is out, I understand that, and I can wait. Is it overly ambitious, it may seem that way to some. What you guys fail to see is that many of the backers are veteran players, they've played all the old Wing Commander, Privateer games and such, we have a more established monetary structure than your average gamer.

We're willing to support the game we've always wanted. Will it take much more than 47 million, probably, do we have more money to throw at it and are we willing, you're damn right we do. Are we crazy, maybe, do we care, no. Have we spent more than our current investment in SC on a night out in Vegas, yep. I still have a ways to go before I even get close to that.

So you can thank us in a couple years when a great game comes out you can get into for 60 bucks. If it doesn't live up to the blue's comment board posters high level of expectations, who am I kidding, not much does, then will our money have been wasted? We don't really care.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 28, 2014, 05:41 Sugarman

I found someone controlling outside of the cloud...Acted like a bot, emotionless, dark, without a soul..... Turned out, it was just a woman.....  

News Comments > All Battlefield Hardline Beta Weapons Unlocked
6. Re: All Battlefield Hardline Beta Weapons Unlocked Jun 21, 2014, 06:06 Sugarman

Teams are too many players, same as always, rush, kill, rush, kill. Keep the teams smaller and focus more on teamwork.  

News Comments > Dreadnought Announced
10. Re: Dreadnought Announced Jun 10, 2014, 15:33 Sugarman

Found some gameplay footage, narrated in german.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auk7ftRvusI

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
18. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 15:30 Sugarman

Coming next ,because we want to cash in on the sudden popularity of spaceship games, "Battlefield Elite Citizen Theory"....  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
17. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 15:28 Sugarman

"Grand Theft Battlefield", because we might as well cash in on the genre as well...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
100. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 02:01 Sugarman

At first I didn't like the controls, but after playing more and getting used to it I kinda like that it's complex. It really will depend on pilot skill instead of just ship specs. So any 14 year old can't just purchase the game, dive right in and own everyone within range. It looks like it's meant to be an adult's game, as in experience matters just as much as twitch response. I find that the longer I play it and learn about how to control/use strategies, the more I enjoy it.

Also, I was extremely impressed with the beauty of the game, the complex damage models, the attention to detail, it really was above what I expected for such an early state. I also bought Elite Dangerous and enjoy it far more than I expected I would. As for Limit Theory, i'll be buying it as well when available.

I remember one of my previous favorite space games, Freespace 2, back when you had to actually go to a store and buy games, amazing that the genre has been ignored for such a long time and awesome that it's making such a comeback due to crowdfunding.

I loaned a joystick to one of my younger employees to use as a prop for a project that focused on past tech, as of yesterday I instructed him to please bring it back to me, because now I need it again, who'd have ever thought we'd be dusting them off again!

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
5. Re: Evening Screenshots May 30, 2014, 22:47 Sugarman

We were scheduled to get them the other day. Apparently it was only from the cockpit looking straight up... "referencing one of the bugs"

Not sure why they give dates out, they should stick to "it will possibly be out on xxx date pending no game stopping bugs". No matter, I've waited this long, and I just bought ED, time to dust off my old joysticks, that is, if I can find them.

Who'd have ever thought space games would make a comeback, either way, I'm happy they have.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
41. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 00:43 Sugarman

Lol, best post of the day.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
33. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 05:48 Sugarman

I'm ticket # 36,000 something. Original backer from October 2012. No regrets here. Like I said, I've wasted much more on far worse things. You all need to either grow up or just go on to trashing something else, because really, none of us care anything about what you think. We just want to have fun, if not, then I suppose we'll wait till the next fun spacegame comes out....  

32. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 05:34 Sugarman

Constellation with LTI here! I plan to have a blast with friends, if not, then I guess it was a bad investment. No matter, I've made far more than that on good investments. This was a chance I was willing to take for the fun of it.  

31. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 05:25 Sugarman

I put $275 towards it already. I've spent more than that in one night out with friends on a normal fun night. Most likely more fun than most of you have had outside of your grandma's basement when she surprised you with twinkies and hot pockets.

If I feel the need I will put even more towards their funding. If you really follow everything they are doing you will see how much effort they are putting into this to make it like nothing else. Even if it bombs, I'm out what, "a couple nights spending money on the town", so to me, it's nothing.

Even if it's mediocre then it's worth it. If not, I've lost more than that on stocks or a couple nights out with friends, so it really doesn't matter.

For the chance that it might be what they say it is going to be, I will wholeheartedly take that chance and support them. If not, then I'll just stay home for two weeks in a row and recoup my losses.

News Comments > Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It
14. Adam Orth Feb 10, 2014, 20:42 Sugarman

"Office Space" is all I could think of after seeing this.

Tom Smykowski
Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAY27NU1Jog]

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
27. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 28, 2013, 05:24 Sugarman

I was never all that thrilled by Homeworld, definitely had it's good points but seemed lacking at times. That was a while ago so I may think differently if I tried it again. Nexus the Jupiter Incident was always one of my favorites, if one were to draw similarities. Not to pee in anyone's cheerios, just my opinion. I am a sucker for space/sci-fi games so I'm still hoping they do a good job with it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 18:27 Sugarman

In large doses the most you'll actually see are side effects and interactions with tyramine "in lots of aged cheeses" which will give you a killer headache. Low dosages started early will make it so you'll never need a higher dose and your dog/human will retain their mental capacity right up until other parts of the body decide it's time to go!

Don't just read one article, actually do the research on it. It's one of the safest MAO-B inhibitors out there. Also read up on how monoamine oxidase inhibitors work.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 17:16 Sugarman

When they start to get old you can give them very low doses of seleginline "called anipryl" for dogs. It can be bought online or just get it from your vet.

Do some reading on it, if started earlier it keeps the brain younger and your dog won't experience any of the age related brain deterioration effects that will inevitably come with old age. Works on humans as well, it was actually designed first for human use. It keeps the brain from losing it's ability to produce the normal amounts of dopamine and norepinephrine.

They mostly prescribe it after your dogs mental state starts to decline but I would think the earlier you start it the more benefit you'd see in the long run.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 30, 2013, 22:10 Sugarman

So we can completely trust whatever is posted in the news about someone whom the US government is most likely planning his accidental death as we speak????

Really, why even bother to read this crap. Lets say I found out the company I worked for was ripping off all the employees/customers illegally and I turned them in, think of the employees as us, the misinformed citizen, of course said company is gonna go on a smear campaign against that person.

12. VGHS Aug 18, 2013, 05:18 Sugarman

I can't seem to ever get past the first 30 seconds of VGHS. Maybe it's me, but it's about as shallow as one of those tiny ponds you see along the highway that always inevitably dries up.  

News Comments > BeamNG Racing Game Alpha
14. Re: BeamNG Racing Game Alpha Aug 12, 2013, 06:30 Sugarman

Hit F11 to enter world editor, hit j to pause physics "basically pause game" follow instructions on the beamng wiki on how to spawn cars.

Reign them down from above or setup crash simulations. Also somewhere on the wiki it shows you how to turn on AI for spawned cars, although it is a bit buggy.

Learn the slow motion keys and have a blast!

197 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo