Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sugarman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 17:00
Total Comments 208 (Novice)
User ID 17415

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2014, 23:53 Sugarman

I'm 10 minutes into the first episode of "The Knick", and I like it already. Thanks for the recommendation Blue!

Edit:Hearing what is said, as taken in full knowledge they are at the forefront of their field for the time, is quite fascinating. One cannot help but compare this to where we are now, we think we're quite advanced, yet in years to come we'll realize how far we have yet to go.

The manner in which some of the show's characters take utmost pride/professionalism in their work, to which in my opinion is above what we see today at times, is indeed fascinating and impressive. They have no ulterior motive causing them to hide facts from the patient for fear of repercussions as we do today. Entertaining it is at my 27 minutes into the first episode, and I rather like the choice of the main character, his ability pertaining to the role is a match most beneficial in portraying this lead character. At the now 36 minute mark, I can say I'm hooked. Blue is correct, the portrayal of this time is fascinating. Not your average "scrubs/house" series.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2014, 00:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 18, 2014, 00:19 Sugarman

Class segregation step 14, check.
next step, stock up on bullets, wait, that was step 5.
Is it gene selective mysterious virus time or is that the step after this.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
13. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 18, 2014, 00:08 Sugarman

In reply to response #9.

You really do have to keep up on the forums to even have half a clue of whats going on or else this all comes as a terribly unorganized crapshoot patchfest of epic proportions. It is being made as they go along, yet they do have specific direction in which to aim towards, adding anything they see fit to add be it by majority user request or just something CR wanted to create just a bit more immersion. Except the entire process from start to finish is under a magnifying glass by everyone, and a lot of people think they know best when it comes to SC methods and development. If I worked there, I'd be so burned out on all the whining and harsh critizizm that it might make me feed a litter of puppies to a starving baboon just to replace the terrible memories in my head with only a single terrible, very noisy memory.

This is only speculation, I would of course use cats.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 15, 2014, 23:11 Sugarman

I attempted to watch one of his youtube videos. It was like being caught in a beartrap within close vicinity to the cast of jersey shore, suddenly, the thought of chewing off one's own leg became appealing.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 15, 2014, 22:34 Sugarman

Microsoft is preparing for life after the Xbox.

Behold our newest creation, no need to always purchase an entirely new system that isn't compatible with the previous system's games, this system can be easily made backwards compatible, and it can be upgraded with various internal parts to take advantage of the most advanced and stunning graphics of each new generations games.

We are calling this creation, the pc.....

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2014, 20:38 Sugarman

Exactly.

Complaining to an employer who obviously, has absolutely no interest in ethical methods or privacy, and even less interest in hearing anyone tell them about it, and can have you removed from the gene pool with minimal effort is probably a concern one would keep to themselves.

Plus, there will be no more passing intercepted naked selfies around the office after that. And who wants to lose that perk.

News Comments > Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer
25. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 23:27 Sugarman

Hrmmm, "displays look of interest whilst leaning back in chair", soooo, tell me about your childhood.  

23. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 22:56 Sugarman

I'll paste something here from the SC forums that I think is fitting, and hilarious. Enjoy.

I've pledged just shy of $900 now, I'm supporting the tears of all the "CIG is a cash grab" fanatics.

I plan to burn my hangar including all my ships to the ground when the PU goes live, and start over at rock bottom, chained for years in servitude to an anti gravity serving cart, handing out a variety of frosty beverages bearing not one, but two drink parasols, each rendered harmless on their pointy end by a random surprise fruit item of my choosing, aboard the luxurious decks of an 890jump.

I will be surrounded in luxury and wonders of technology only made possible by the generous donations of the long forgotten record breaking "kick start humanity to space" campaign that ignited the spark enabling the everyday person"s dream of traveling the stars.

I shall never be happy. Many a traveler will pass me by, appreciative of the offerings displayed atop my tiny tasty drink laden prison to which I'm chained.

I frown equally, at each in disdain, as I push along my drink cart, muttering in vain, "it's a scam".

22. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 22:51 Sugarman

I had such high hopes for this in the early days and now it is all drowning in an ocean of SHIT because of Chris Roberts' infinite greed.
The whole monetization and moving from one sale to the next only disgusts me anymore.

The racing mode FFS... in the early days there were silent whispers about there maybe being a racing mode in the game at one point. And what now? Now it's all of a sudden become a priority feature when they realized that a) it'd be fairly easy (just a few weeks work) to put in
Arena Commander and more importantly b) to couple it with a new round of long overdue (haha) SALES.

Ridiculous. The racing mode should be one of the last things to be put in the game after Squadron 42 and most of the PU are up and running and stable. But they've long lost any sense of priorities. The only priority left is "what can we finish half-assed in a hurry and turn into another sale"?

Fuck these guys now.

I've enacted nomenclature for your condition. We now call your type the "CIG cash grab fanatics". I've also created a symbol you can identify yourself to other fanatics with, here it is "$C".

9. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 15:12 Sugarman

If I remember correctly, I freed some from the burden of complaining previously. My apologies, as I lack the proper terms to describe the evil that is only know as "$C".

nin, the 300i is still a fun ship, they just had to have something to compare it to from the same fictional manufacturer. Tried out the racing today, it's fun, and easy it is not. I foresee a shortage of of replacement wings in the future, or anything that protrudes outward from a ship I happen to be flying.

6. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 13:39 Sugarman

Vaporware, cash grab, pay2win, whew, surely I'm missing some.

Now that the wind has been swept from beneath your wings you are free, free to complain about other things today in other comment sections.

Your welcome,

News Comments > Ancient Space Announced
13. Re: Ancient Space Announced Aug 21, 2014, 19:29 Sugarman

You mentioned Nexus The Jupiter Incident, one of my favorite space games, a couple missions are so so but most are great and I think the story really draws you in.

It's too bad their Kickstarter campaign failed miserably for Nexus 2, the goal was only $400,000, they didn't get the word out properly, most people found out about it long after the KS campaign ended. The concept video is still out there somewhere from years ago. Here it is, not too bad for 8 years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZQEvg1V0Y

Anyhow, I hope this game ends up being done right, a long void of space games and now they're popping up everywhere, it's nice to see them making a comeback.

Edit: oops, looks like the goal was 650,000

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2014, 21:24.

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
21. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 18:49 Sugarman

I like the flight model in the DFM. I'm in the next wave to get into the multi player! It's fun, but the dogfighting aspect isn't why I backed the game, flying the multicrewed ships is! I bought the Constellation because of that and because I support the concept and direction this game is taking.

It's gonna be a while before anything actually close to a "game" is out, I understand that, and I can wait. Is it overly ambitious, it may seem that way to some. What you guys fail to see is that many of the backers are veteran players, they've played all the old Wing Commander, Privateer games and such, we have a more established monetary structure than your average gamer.

We're willing to support the game we've always wanted. Will it take much more than 47 million, probably, do we have more money to throw at it and are we willing, you're damn right we do. Are we crazy, maybe, do we care, no. Have we spent more than our current investment in SC on a night out in Vegas, yep. I still have a ways to go before I even get close to that.

So you can thank us in a couple years when a great game comes out you can get into for 60 bucks. If it doesn't live up to the blue's comment board posters high level of expectations, who am I kidding, not much does, then will our money have been wasted? We don't really care.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 28, 2014, 05:41 Sugarman

I found someone controlling outside of the cloud...Acted like a bot, emotionless, dark, without a soul..... Turned out, it was just a woman.....  

News Comments > All Battlefield Hardline Beta Weapons Unlocked
6. Re: All Battlefield Hardline Beta Weapons Unlocked Jun 21, 2014, 06:06 Sugarman

Teams are too many players, same as always, rush, kill, rush, kill. Keep the teams smaller and focus more on teamwork.  

News Comments > Dreadnought Announced
10. Re: Dreadnought Announced Jun 10, 2014, 15:33 Sugarman

Found some gameplay footage, narrated in german.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auk7ftRvusI

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
18. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 15:30 Sugarman

Coming next ,because we want to cash in on the sudden popularity of spaceship games, "Battlefield Elite Citizen Theory"....  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
17. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 15:28 Sugarman

"Grand Theft Battlefield", because we might as well cash in on the genre as well...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
100. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 02:01 Sugarman

At first I didn't like the controls, but after playing more and getting used to it I kinda like that it's complex. It really will depend on pilot skill instead of just ship specs. So any 14 year old can't just purchase the game, dive right in and own everyone within range. It looks like it's meant to be an adult's game, as in experience matters just as much as twitch response. I find that the longer I play it and learn about how to control/use strategies, the more I enjoy it.

Also, I was extremely impressed with the beauty of the game, the complex damage models, the attention to detail, it really was above what I expected for such an early state. I also bought Elite Dangerous and enjoy it far more than I expected I would. As for Limit Theory, i'll be buying it as well when available.

I remember one of my previous favorite space games, Freespace 2, back when you had to actually go to a store and buy games, amazing that the genre has been ignored for such a long time and awesome that it's making such a comeback due to crowdfunding.

I loaned a joystick to one of my younger employees to use as a prop for a project that focused on past tech, as of yesterday I instructed him to please bring it back to me, because now I need it again, who'd have ever thought we'd be dusting them off again!

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
5. Re: Evening Screenshots May 30, 2014, 22:47 Sugarman

We were scheduled to get them the other day. Apparently it was only from the cockpit looking straight up... "referencing one of the bugs"

Not sure why they give dates out, they should stick to "it will possibly be out on xxx date pending no game stopping bugs". No matter, I've waited this long, and I just bought ED, time to dust off my old joysticks, that is, if I can find them.

Who'd have ever thought space games would make a comeback, either way, I'm happy they have.

208 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo