Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Withheld

Real Name Withheld   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ruffiana
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 16:04
Total Comments 894 (Graduate)
User ID 17414

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Direct2Drive Sales Figures
25. Re: Direct2Drive Sales Figures Sep 15, 2009, 14:06 Ruffiana

It's a pretty sad day when the top 10 PC sales list is made up of 4 MMO's, 2 sets of duplicates (Civ 4 and Aion), a re-released console port from 5 years ago, and a prettified dollhouse sim.

I know huh...what's wrong with the mass market not liking the same things you like!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More L4D DLC Planned
21. Re: More L4D DLC Planned Sep 12, 2009, 05:37 Ruffiana

Valve needs to go back into their ivory tower and learn the lesson that trying to have open communication with your community is folly.

They'll never make everyone happy, and every inch they give the community will demand a mile. For every free update, the community will whine that it's not enough. No information will ever be enough, no tentative date will be early enough, no amount of content will be good enough. They could release a dozen new campaings for L4D tomorrow, and it would be met with statements of 'too late' and 'should have launched with this'.

None of this will make a lick of difference to how successful L4D2 is.

News Comments > Champion Online Patched, Free Retcon
1. Re: Champion Online Patched, Free Retcon Sep 10, 2009, 21:57 Ruffiana

I haven't played WoW, but CO feels a lot like how I imagine it plays. Anyone with some experience in both games care to comment on how accurate that assessment is?  

News Comments > More Arkham Asylum DLC Planned
2. Re: More Arkham Asylum DLC Planned Sep 10, 2009, 21:52 Ruffiana

How the fuck does this work any differently than any form of copy protection. Why are the people pirating this game unable to work around getting the grappling hook to work, but able to work around more severe restrictive copy protections...such as not allowing the entire game to run for every other game that's come before?  

News Comments > L4D2 Boycott's Valve Visit
28. Re: L4D2 Boycott's Valve Visit Sep 10, 2009, 03:15 Ruffiana

Its about being flat out lied to.

I was never lied to. I heard about L4D shortly before it went on sale, bought it off of steam for ~$40 and played the living shit out of it. I got more hours of entertainment from that game than most games that I've payed $50-$60 or more.

For the number of hours I spent having a blast in that game was a freakin bargain.

So there. One happy customer to counter your rant. The universe is once again in a state of apathy.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2009, 03:19.

News Comments > L4D2 Boycott's Valve Visit
27. Re: L4D2 Boycott's Valve Visit Sep 10, 2009, 03:05 Ruffiana

They seem to have some valid points when they first started, but now they're just getting viewed to be nerdy whiners.

Now?

News Comments > Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too
21. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 03:41 Ruffiana

This game was really good on the 360. Not perfect, but easily one of the best games I've played in years. It's a fantastic Batman simulator.

I'm really dubious about how the combat will work on the PC. The freeflow combat system is very dependant on having that stick. There's just not a lot of gameplay elements that would make mouse-look a better option. Maybe some of the grappling stuff, but if you're playing like the Batman, you have all the time in the world to aim your cursor.

I really hope the DLC isn't just more challenge maps. The story could easily be continued past the current end (maybe facing off against Clayface or actually fighting Killer Croc)

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2009, 03:43.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - UO: Stygian Abyss
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - UO: Stygian Abyss Sep 9, 2009, 00:06 Ruffiana

Someone forgot to tell these guys that Everquest killed them.  

News Comments > Casual Star Wars MMOG Rumor
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 5, 2009, 21:01 Ruffiana

I agree with new content, but what did you asshats ever do for gaming? Anyone can talk smack and run their lips all day. Go create a game if you don't like what you see.

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so."

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2009, 21:03.

News Comments > Atari Responds to Turbine Lawsuit
5. Re: Atari Responds to Turbine Lawsuit Sep 3, 2009, 19:37 Ruffiana

And I wonder what they mean by a "competing project"? Could a Forgotten Realms MOG finally be in the works? If done right it'd be HUGE. That could totally be a WoW-killer.
Cryptic's working on Neverwinter Nights Online (NNO), presumably with a focus on player-created content.

or NNNNNnnnnooooooooooo! if you prefer.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2009, 19:37.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
13. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2009, 14:35 Ruffiana

I would have pegged Korea and possibly India  

News Comments > Champions Online Discount Subs Return
22. Re: CO Discount Subs Return Aug 27, 2009, 18:48 Ruffiana

Really?

Chamions site says the keys are gone:
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/champions-online/beta/closed.aspx

FilePlanet says there's no more:
"Champions Online Open Beta Client Details
This is the open beta client v9.20090815.6 for Champions Online. A high-action, totally customizable, superhero massively multiplayer online role playing game based on the Champions RPG.

NOTE: Champions Online keys are now distributed, only download this client if you have an active account. "
http://www.fileplanet.com/203771/200000/fileinfo/Champions-Online-Open-Beta-Client

So yeah...now you can actually download the "open beta" client without paying for it, but you still can't get keys.

This is called a closed beta. No amount of marketing spin on it changes the fact that Cryptic/Atari is keeping this thing under wraps for as long as they can.

News Comments > Champions Online Discount Subs Return
21. Re: Champions Online Discount Subs Return Aug 27, 2009, 18:28 Ruffiana

Worked for Cartmanland...  

News Comments > EA: Marketing = 66-75% of a Game's Budget
15. Re: EA: Marketing = 66-75% of a Game's Budget Aug 27, 2009, 18:24 Ruffiana

Which shows how fucked up EA is inside.

If you double the budget for the game, you can make a MUCH better game while saving 33% of your costs. Word of mouth and the gaming websites & magazines will do the rest WAY more effectively, you idiots.

Prove it. There's far more precedent for a mediocre, well marketed game making more money than an excellent, under marketed game.

Believe it or not, most publishers are in it to make money...not make awesome games. Those two things are not intrinsically tied together

News Comments >
7. Re: Turbine Sues Atari over DDO Aug 26, 2009, 13:05 Ruffiana

Quick, hit the other posts' comment section!  

News Comments >
6. Re: Turbine Sues Atari over DDO Aug 26, 2009, 13:04 Ruffiana

It is interesting that Atari now owns Cryptic Studios, and one of their MMOs in development is based on NWN.  

News Comments >
3. Re: Turbine Sues Atari over DDO Aug 26, 2009, 13:02 Ruffiana

News so shocking, it had to be said twice!  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2009, 21:35 Ruffiana

Maybe people who are so thin skinned that they get 'insulted' by being mis-labeled by marketing are simply the type of people who will probably be insulted no matter what.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Gameplayer - Was Gaming Better Befor Aug 8, 2009, 18:03 Ruffiana

So subjective. If a piece of crap DLC sells well, then people are more enticed by any bit of extra content for a game and the value is worth it for them.

The only way to push the bar on quality is if the consumer base demands it, not just a hand full of elitists. Developers and Publishers are mainly interested in making the most profit for the investment they put into development. That's how all businesses work. This just happens to be one of those businesses where the quality of the product is tied to sales, but not as directly as many idealistic gamers would like to believe.

The mass market sets the bar with their wallet.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Leaked
25. Re: Wolfenstein Leaked Aug 5, 2009, 22:30 Ruffiana

It's kind of like giving your kid a gift at christmas time, except the gift is broken, unwrapped, and he got it December 2nd without you having anything to do with it. Now the kid is disappointed.

Interestingly enough, when I was a kid I received a copy of the original Castle Wolfenstien. Only the box was opened, the floppy disc was non-functional, and there was a post-it note on the cover from my dad apologizing because he'd played it so much (had to make sure it ran on our computer) before Christmas he'd ruined it and couldn't get a replacement in time.

894 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo