Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Withheld

Real Name Withheld   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ruffiana
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 16:04
Total Comments 894 (Graduate)
User ID 17414

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Hacked
1. Re: Bethesda Hacked Jun 13, 2011, 21:34 Ruffiana

Probably trying to steal some horse armor. Ba-DUM-DUMP *rimshot*  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > U.K. Charts - Hail to the  King, Baby
7. Re: U.K. Charts - Hail to the  King, Baby Jun 13, 2011, 12:55 Ruffiana

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 11:09:
Sigh, the British. Poor dental hygiene, latent urge to exert dominion over most of the world with an empire, bad taste in FPS games.

Don't support two weapon at a time shooters, folks!

Cause America has impecable taste amd no imperialistic leanings whatsoever.

News Comments > BF3 Campaign Around 6-10 Hours
40. Re: BF3 Campaign Around 6-10 Hours Jun 10, 2011, 13:16 Ruffiana

Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 21:45:
Why even bother in that case? This is why I don't buy these sorts of games anymore. I can see 2 or 3 movies for $15 and get 6-10 hours entertainment, as opposed to $70 they want.

Must be nice to have $5 movie tickets. What's it like living in 1999?

In my time and area, most films are 90-120 minutes long so I'd be looking at 3-5 movies to provide 6-10 hours of entertainment. At roughly $11 each that would be $33-$55. Of course, there's also gas to and from the theater and I'm likely going to pay out the wazoo for any drinks or snacks as that's where most theaters make any profit.

Perhaps a few movies is a bit cheaper, but then if I'm buying Battlefield 3 for the single-player experience I've got some other issues I should really sort out first. Something tells me I'm far more likely to get way more than a mere 10 hours of entertainment out of that type of game.

News Comments > Respawn Making Sci-fi Shooter
17. Re: Respawn Making Sci-fi Shooter Jun 9, 2011, 13:51 Ruffiana

Topevoli wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 10:12:
Most people don't know Infinity Ward and the creation of a Respawn Ent. They know COD, BLOPS, MW3... They will not make the correlation that this is a game by the Modern Warfare creators.

Won't matter. If it's a good game, people will play it and love it. If it's a bad game, no amount of rockstar creds behind the formation of the company will make it any better. The vast majority of players will think EA made it either way.

News Comments > Respawn Making Sci-fi Shooter
16. Re: Respawn Making Sci-fi Shooter Jun 9, 2011, 13:48 Ruffiana

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 00:57:
Syfy.

Get with it.

That's copyrighted/trademarked now

News Comments > RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million
19. Re: RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million Jun 8, 2011, 14:01 Ruffiana

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 11:47:
I've played Ultima Online off and on since 1997.

I've played World of Warcraft off and on since 2004.

I played Age of Conan for 2 months.

I played Warhammer Online for 2 months.

I played DCUO for 2 months.

I played Rift for the free month.

I hope to be playing SWToR for a long time, because nothing else released in the last 7 years has even come close to expectations.

Maybe the fault isn't with the games themselves. Maybe your tastes have changed over the past decade and a half? Maybe the reason you stick with UO and WoW now is because of the nostalgie and friendships you made in those games?

News Comments > RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million
16. Re: RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million Jun 8, 2011, 13:21 Ruffiana

spindoctor wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 12:14:
Gloat now good sir. Your game will be forgotten in 3 months and free to play by this time next year.

Let it, they'll be making more profit than they would with the stodgy subscription based model.

News Comments > EA's Online Service
15. Re: EA's Online Service Jun 3, 2011, 13:15 Ruffiana

Next up, EA's own version of Facebook, which will automatically 'like' all EA products  

News Comments > Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes
12. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes Jun 2, 2011, 14:06 Ruffiana

Hyatus wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 13:21:
All in all, this should be a rule. If a loud majority complains about something, the company and more importantly, the shareholders need to listen.

Only after you've verified it does, in fact, represent the majority. Because usually, the people shouting the loudest are a minority. And anyone that tries to pander to the loudest complainers are going to find themselves running in circles trying to appease one small group at the expense of another small group.

This is one of those cases where it's hard to argue with the logic or come up with a really compelling counter-arguement for long-term DRM having less of an effect on legitimate customers than people who are pirating the game.

News Comments > Cryptic Sold
17. Re: Cryptic Sold Jun 1, 2011, 22:15 Ruffiana

Fion wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 12:40:
Why pay a gold farmer when you have back door slavery, IE prisoners.

Cryptic has had a few successes over the years. City of Heroes had a solid population for a number of years and was well ahead of its time with real time combat and a very open character advancement system. Sure the game was shallow (at least in the first year or two) but it was serious fun.

Then of course they dropped the ball with Champions, though almost none of the original guys from CoX was on that team (they had all left the company to stay with CoX at NCSoft). Then STO hit and that was even worse. So I suppose this should have been expected. I mean shit even SOE did a better Supers game than Champions with DCUO, which is a pretty good game as it stands.

Goodbye Cryptic, I wont be missing you.

Wrong. The people who were working on City of Heroes at the time NCSoft aquired it from Cryptic were also offered jobs to continue working on it and found NCNC...which eventually became Paragon. That team was less than 15 people. I know this because I was one of those people.

However, a great bulk of the original people working on City of Heroes and City of Villains had either already been moved off to other projects, including the once Marvel Universe Online, now Champions Online, or had left the company entirely at least a full year before that exchange took place. All told, there were more developers who had worked on CoH left at Cryptic then those who moved over to Paragon.

Paragon now has exactly 5 of those original CoH developers from Cryptic. The rest either left over the years or were laid off.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released
4. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:14 Ruffiana

Scud wrote on May 31, 2011, 14:05:
Wow, now if only they had released this back when I was playing Bioshock 2. Rather than now, when I've moved on and couldn't give a damn.

Which was what...4 1/2 days after buying it?

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2011, 14:09 Ruffiana

I only played the demo, but from that I felt this game wasn't a sequel to Dragon Age. Just a western knockoff of a JRPG with the Dragon Age brand slapped on. I can't help but believe that it were a better game, then as a fan and player of the first DA the demo should have sold me.  

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
34. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 16:40 Ruffiana

*Yawn*

Lemee know when I can have gay sex with aliens, then it might be news-worthy.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
9. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 15, 2011, 14:22 Ruffiana

We stream netflix movies in HD, download games off steam, surf like normal and we've been nowhere near the 250gb data cap for the past 3 months.  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2011, 19:20 Ruffiana

I'm going to write my own article:

People...will...always...complain.

Done.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials: "Certain Projects" Terminated
7. Re: Ubisoft Financials: May 12, 2011, 18:53 Ruffiana

Prez wrote on May 12, 2011, 18:15:
Ubisoft is a Jekyll and Hyde if there ever was one in gaming. How can a studio that publishes great games like Assassin's Creed 2 and Might and Magic 5 and keeps Sim Gaming alive with Silent Hunter and IL-2 Sturmovich do something so stupid as with their DRM debacle? The DRM they saddled Assassin's Creed 2 with was so incredibly stupid and incredibly offensive that I'm torn between cheering for them and wishing for their demise.

I had zero issues with AC2 on the 360.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
1. Re: Quote of the Day May 10, 2011, 21:16 Ruffiana

Budget games, MMOs, rhythm games, and now social games.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2011, 21:21.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Good for Retail
15. Re: Valve: Steam Good for Retail May 10, 2011, 11:04 Ruffiana

Tom wrote on May 10, 2011, 10:34:
"People who use Amazon still go to bookstores."

Yeah, to browse, then I buy it from Amazon. Brick and mortar has too much overhead to compete with online operations.

I managed to get some great deals in the going-out-of-business sale at Barnes & Noble the other day.

News Comments > Obsidian on Glitchy Games
14. Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games May 9, 2011, 16:11 Ruffiana

Bludd wrote on May 9, 2011, 13:45:
New Vegas a good game, and much less glitchy and buggy with the latest patch. At least that is my experience.

Oddly, all of the bugs I ran into in New Vegas were pretty much exactly the same bugs that plagued me in Fallout 3. So presumably, a lot of that had to deal with the engines and systems from Bethesda.

Random game lockups, ragdoll weirdness, falling through the world, etc. The key here is games can be fun despite bugs. Bugs are just one of those aspects that can drag down the overall quality of your game, like flawed design, bad art, poor performance, etc. More bad than good, and you're in trouble.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2011, 16:22.

News Comments > Quote of the Day II
7. Re: Quote of the Day II May 6, 2011, 13:28 Ruffiana

Creston wrote on May 6, 2011, 11:30:
So, basically "OMG WE MUST HAVE A CALL OF DUTY TOO!!!!!!"

Sigh

Whatever happened to the fucking days when game companies wanted to make great games, rather than just fucking clone whatever happens to be popular right now? Cunts.

Creston

Most of them went out of business.

894 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo