Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Withheld

Real Name Withheld   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ruffiana
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 16:04
Total Comments 894 (Graduate)
User ID 17414

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
43. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 18:46 Ruffiana

DangerDog wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 17:57:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 17:41:
Torchlight 2 just keeps sounding better and better...

They could roll this into their advertising campaign.

"We let you pause Torchlight 2 so you can go poop"

If you're spending more than an hour pooping than go so a doctor.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
40. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 18:44 Ruffiana

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 17:16:
As others have said, while always on may benefit the publisher/devs, but what is the advantage for gamers?

Seemingly none, in this case.

About the same advantage of paying for a game in order to play it.

News Comments > RailWorks Signs Amtrak Agreement
8. Re: RailWorks Signs Amtrak Agreement Sep 22, 2011, 18:14 Ruffiana

FINALLY!  

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2011, 15:21 Ruffiana

I agree that Diablo III should be a first person game.

I would also add that they could stand to tweak the art-style a bit, perhaps something more akin to what they're doing in Halo. Less swords and demons, more aliens and space-marines.

The controls could also be tweaked a bit to work better on the console in the new FPS viewpoint. Maybe tone down the whole class and skill tree elements and just focus on one main character.

And they should totally add some vehicles, maybe a bit of multiplayer game modes.

I like Halo a lot.

News Comments > Daniel Stahl Beaming Out of Cryptic
4. Re: Daniel Stahl Beaming Out of Cryptic Sep 21, 2011, 13:24 Ruffiana

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 13:13:
Departing devs who make statements like that really just shouldn't make statements at all. What's he's really saying between the lines is so glaring it's like the sun. I was going to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt on Neverwinter, but with Perfect World involved it's pretty much all over but the crying at this point. I suspect Cryptic will shut it's doors before too much longer.

Bah, he's off to Zynga. They leech designers out of every company in the bay area like Facebook and Google leech programmers.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Sighting?
2. Re: Dead Space 3 Sighting? Sep 20, 2011, 21:15 Ruffiana

Trilogy? They'll continue making games in this franchise until they suck balls and stop selling at all.  

News Comments > Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games
40. Re: Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games Sep 19, 2011, 13:27 Ruffiana

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 10:49:
"For all of you who complained that your Netflix bill doubled, we listened. Now, your Netflix bill will go back to what it used to be!"

I love how their arrogance kept right on going until hundreds of thousands of people quit their subscription. And now all of a sudden they're humble and customer-focused.

Creston

They increased the cost for their service by 60% and lost about 1.6% of their customers (400k of 25mil worldwide). I don't think there's any business out there that would consider that a failure.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Sep 16, 2011, 22:06 Ruffiana

[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 21:32:
Talk about blowing a simple comment OUT OF PROPORTION....

I agree, this comes across as pretty obvious sarcasm to me. You have to be a hater to really take umbrage at a statement like this.

News Comments > Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta
5. Re: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta Sep 16, 2011, 12:51 Ruffiana

Wow...holy crap. The last time I heard an announcement that admitted their project 'wasn't perfect' was all the press buildup for Indiana Jones and KotCS

That whole thing could have defintely been worded better.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Carmack on Framerates
12. Re: Quoteworthy - Carmack on Framerates Sep 15, 2011, 21:10 Ruffiana

Wait wait...I can get more than one frame? I only have one monitor, whey would I need multiple frames?  

News Comments > LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans
20. Re: LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans Sep 15, 2011, 17:31 Ruffiana

Until Lucas passes away or in some other way has creative control wrestled from his eternally waggling meddle-sticks hanging from the end of his meat mitts, I hold absolutely no hope for anything related to the SW franchise being good.  

News Comments > RAGE TV Spot
3. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 16:04 Ruffiana

Does this remind anyone else of Borderlands? I mean, not just a little bit...without knowing this was Rage I would think that they were taking a slightly different tact for Borderlands 2 and going back to the original, less interesting art style.  

News Comments > Dead Island Ships 1M in North America, Approaches 2M Worldwide
18. Re: Dead Island Sells 1M in North America, Approaches 2M Worldwide Sep 15, 2011, 13:02 Ruffiana

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 10:28:
I'm surprised it's doing that well. It's not bad, but I didn't expect them to hit 1M out of the gate.

I guess this means we're in for a string of mediocre Zombie games instead of the one really great Zombie game that everyone really wants.

News Comments > Xbox LIVE on Windows 8
8. Re: Xbox LIVE on Windows 8 Sep 13, 2011, 21:02 Ruffiana

Sempai wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 20:24:
I assume Xbox Live will cost me $59.99 a year to use on a PC, If so Fuck yourself Microsoft.

In fairness, a bit of shopping can get you Gold membership more in the $29-$39 range. It still should be free, but I think they'll have a much harder time getting a similiar monthly fee from PC users.

As someone who's not an eltist PC snob, I like XBox Live. I've only had gold membership off and on over the years, but the access to community, secondary services, demos, DLC, arcade games, and achievements is really nice. Very comparable to Steam on the PC.

It only makes sense that this service would eventually be integrated on PCs.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2011, 21:19.

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com
13. Re: Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com Sep 13, 2011, 13:11 Ruffiana

Bought my first computer (486 DX2-50) largely to play this game and Ultima VII. Only had 2mb of ram in it, so it took half an hour of HD paging to load into each mission. I spent all that time eagerly watching the loading bar.

Also remember my dad wandering in once and commenting, "Hey, that's Ginger Lynn!"
"Who's Ginger Lynn?"
"Uh...nothing."

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2011, 21:09 Ruffiana

FFS, you put civilians into a shooter and they're either A) unkillable, which is dumb or B) killable, which means everyone kills them and the anti-game pundits have a fukin field day trumpeting the mass-muder simulators.

It's a no-win situation. Let's get the basics of a 'deeper and more involving' game experience before we start throwing civilian cannon-fodder into our games.

News Comments > GameStop's Tablet Plans
1. Re: GameStop's Tablet Plans Sep 12, 2011, 21:02 Ruffiana

I think the plan is to take android phones that have been traded in for new ones, rebrand them, and sell them at a slight discount.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Sep 7, 2011, 14:39 Ruffiana

You guys are thinking about DRM too narrowly, rather than applying it to any form of digital data. Finding ways to secure data for commercial enterprises is a huge issue right now that affects all forms of print, media, movies, television, games, every bit of content on the internet, etc.

The point was made that a person with access to google has a superhuman amount of knowledge available at their fingertips, more than any single expert. That's technology enhancing human capabilities even if it's not 'metal in meat'. We have staggering capabilities to access information, communicate, navigate...things we often take for granted as part of the modern world. Who knows where we'll be even 10 or 15 years from now.

News Comments > Portal 2 PC Outsells Consoles
7. Re: Portal 2 PC Outsells Consoles Aug 30, 2011, 12:54 Ruffiana

Not surprised any Valve game sells better on the PC than console. Even portal would be slightly more enjoyable with a mouse/keyboard control imo.

But L4D selling better on the 360? That's quite surprising.

News Comments > Mari0: Mario/Portal Mash-up No Joke
1. Re: Mari0: Mario/Portal Mash-up No Joke Aug 30, 2011, 12:49 Ruffiana

I'm sure this will bypass all of the usual copyright and IP issues and actually see the light of day.  

894 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo