Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Withheld

Real Name Withheld   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ruffiana
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 16:04
Total Comments 894 (Graduate)
User ID 17414

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
48. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 12:45 Ruffiana

Alamar wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 12:32:
You like it on console? Great... I like stuff on PC... have a nice day : ) I am glad that we're both gamers and are passionate about this hobby.

-Alamar

A-fucking-men.

I'm still torn about which version to buy. I split my games between console and PC and this is another one that I see has having a lot of pros/and cons for both versions (at least for me personally).

Pros for console version, I get to play it sitting in my recliner, on my HDTV, piped through my home theatre. My family also gets to watch me play, something my kids and wife both enjoy. Plus there's the whole XBox achievement points that I'm so fond of collecting

PC version means potentially better performance, resolution...possibly prettier in some ways. Possiblility of some cool additions through future mods and whatnot. Major con is that when I play a PC game, I'm more isolated from my family. Can't stand to have people watching while I'm on the computer...my son tries to wedge his head between me and the monitor. I played Oblivion on the PC and never finished it or even played with mods. I know it's a draw, but realistically not sure I'll ever take advantage of it (by then, I'll probably be playing something else anyway)

Frankly, if someone wants to tinker around with playing this on their iPhone, why the hell should I care or think that I'm superior?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
43. removed Nov 11, 2011, 12:31 Ruffiana

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 11, 2011, 13:36.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2011, 16:53 Ruffiana

Isn't this essentially saying "We offered to pay you too much when we hired you, so now we would like you to return the extra salary you got or else we'll fire you."  

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
11. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 13:50 Ruffiana

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 13:40:
Just downloaded this for XBox360. Sorry Skyrim, you just got shelved after 60hrs of gametime. Tonight is gonna be epic!

I thought Skyrim was out tomorrow?

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview, Art
9. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview, Art Nov 9, 2011, 18:05 Ruffiana

Poor fool, you're going to have pitchfork wielding mobs regardless of what you do.  

News Comments > Lineage Eternal (Lineage 3) Announced
2. Re: Lineage Eternal (Lineage 3) Announced<br> Citing information on a WoW knock-off site, <a href= Nov 8, 2011, 13:18 Ruffiana

Hudson wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 10:42:
Could this be a more stupid idea? What the hell kind of gameplay is that

"Black and White" used a gestural interface for casting magic. If I remember correctly, the original Elder Scrolls: Arena used the motion of the mouse to determine what type of melee attack you were using.

Both clunky implementations at the time, but in this day of touch-screen phones/tables and motion-controlled gaming, very possible someone could implement a more intuitive interface in a modern game.

All it takes is one person to do it right, and it could be the next step in game interaction.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2011, 12:15 Ruffiana

Were I not in the middle of a recently purchased "Castle Crashers" and still tinkering around with Arkham City, I'd buy Skyrim on release day. Plus, we're getting into the holiday season, which means I can't buy games for myself until after January.

Don't really care if it goes on sale 6 months from now for $10 less. Any patches, extra free content, etc would be available to me 6 months from now regardless of when I bought it. Fallout 3 was buggy when it was released (to the point where it would occasionally hang up and I'd lose hours of progress), but I still don't regret buying it near launch or playing it around the same time as my friends and co-workers. When I was about halfway through they released a patch and made everything much more stable for finishing the game and a 2nd and 3rd playthrough.

You want to wait a few months for something to go on sale, more power to you. Might as well wait a year, or 3 years for it to be bundled with a couple of other 3 year old games for $5. Nothing wrong with being a generation or two behind the rest of the gaming world. Lots of great deals on PS2, XBox, Gamecube consoles and titles to be found off of craigslist, ebay, or your local flea-market.

Just don't wait too long or you get into the "collectible" range and thing start getting expensive again.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked?
23. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 21:09 Ruffiana

So much for the whole "piracy isn't theft" arguement.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 28, 2011, 22:22 Ruffiana

For free?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer
13. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 19:20 Ruffiana

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 18:36:
Wish I could see some footage from their mocap sessions.

Be careful what you wish for: Harley was mocapped from a guy in Arkham Asylum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGL1pIQVJVo

I'd be surprised and impressed if that where the case for Catwoman in Arkham City

11. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 18:31 Ruffiana

Tumbler wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 13:55:
Would be awesome if after adding a few more DLC characters you could then play the game co-op with all these characters in a horde mode brawler type thing. I wanna see nighthawk, catwoman, Batman and Robin and duking it out in one place.

Honestly, I have no idea how they could possibly make their combat system work with more than one player.

10. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 18:30 Ruffiana

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 15:51:
Oh hells yeah! I wish they would have gone with Nightwing instead of Catslut in the first place. I simply cannot get into playing a chick even in a fictional sense. I hopes this means you can play through the entire game as Nightwing and not just the challenge maps.

I enjoy playing a female in 3rd person games because of the simple fact that if I have to stare at someone's ass for hours on end, a shapely female one is more appealing to me.

Catwoman's idles and motion set are particularly titilating. Wish I could see some footage from their mocap sessions.

4. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 13:34 Ruffiana

Graphically, it's kind of more of the same. It's the art direction that really brings everything together, and they've done a fantastic job of presenting a portion of Gotham as Arkham City.

Game really builds on Arkham Asylum. You start off with pretty much all of the abilities and gadgets you had by the end of the first game, and then over time gain another 50% or so. Combat has been extended, you have opportunities for counters against 2-4 enemies at once...more quick gadget moves and combos. There are a few new LT and Boss classes thrown into the mix, requiring a specific technique to deal with them. And I believe that the maximum size for a full own brawl has been upped. A few times in the game you'll find yourself find yourself surrounded by 2-3 dozen bad guys at once.

As good as Batman's animations are, Catwoman's combat moves are spectacular and wholely unique to her. Robin can only be played in the Riddler challenges outside of the main game, but all of his moves are also unique. From the looks of the video, Nightwing is also a completley unqiue set. Tremendous amount of animation work has gone into combat and for them to have 4 unique characters is pretty amazing.

Just running around the cityscape, grappling from ledge to watertower, gliding, dropping down on crimes in back alleys, dangling flunkies off of rooftops by their ankle to get information...it's just being Batman in every imaginable sense. Every bit as good as Arkham Asylum, just more and better.

Really only thing missing from the franchise at this point is being pilot vehicles, tool around in the Batcave, or small-talk with socialites at a cocktail party as Bruce Wayne.

News Comments > Louis Castle Leaves Zynga
7. Re: Louis Castle Leaves Zynga Oct 26, 2011, 14:20 Ruffiana

No one really has a 24/7 job. People have to eat, sleep, take a shit...impossible to work all the time.  

News Comments > Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld
12. Re: Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld Oct 26, 2011, 13:42 Ruffiana

Frijoles wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 10:36:
Great, now he has some cash to make a new UO type game. Or go to space.

ULLLTIMAAA IIINNN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEE!

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2011, 13:35 Ruffiana

Lots of valid points, but I don't agree with the general idea that all piracy is harmless and never equates to a lost sale. It's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario as far as I'm concerned, with both sides entrenched in their ideals and pointing the blame at the other.

DRM was a response to piracy and now piracy is, to some degree, fueled by DRM. But both sides exagerate the numbers and make wild conjectures based on hunches.

Frankly, I think the whole arguement is moot now. The trajectory has already been established and eventually every non-indie game will be tied to some kind of online account, either a persistent connection like Ubisoft and Blizzard are toying with or a periodic connection like Steam.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2011, 16:47 Ruffiana

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 13:06:
Mark Hamill is the fucking man. I can easily live without Conroy as Batman, as I've never thought he was right for the part. Dunno who would be, but he's not it.

And yeah, shouldn't this be a wakeup call to all the studios doing film tir-ins that maybe if you stop shoveling out crap and give a good studio the time and budget that you might actually make a fortune off said game instead of a loss.

Without knowing the full development budget for Arkham City (which I can't see as being cheap), difficult to see whether this will be more profittable than the shovelled crap tied to a license. Even with 5+ million sales across 3 SKUs.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2011, 16:43 Ruffiana

nin wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 10:45:
Batman: Arkham City Week One Sales Top 4.6 Million Units Worldwide.

Always nice when a good game does well. It seems like the voice acting is particularly sharp this time around.

Hamill's Joker performance is top-notch, particularly toward the later part of the game where he's really struggling.

Conroy's deliveries, on the other hand, are often flat and lifeless...almost as if delivered in his Bruce Wayne voice. Tara Strong's performance is good, but anyone other than Arleen Sorkin always sounds off to me.

But overall, the game is effin phenomenal. Hands down, best game I've ever played. Some fantastic fan-service through cameos, boss battles, and side missions.

News Comments > Revealed: LEGO Batman Sequel; DC Superhero Game; Hobbit Tie-in
3. Re: Revealed: LEGO Batman Sequel; DC Superhero Game; Hobbit Tie-in Oct 18, 2011, 13:40 Ruffiana

I'm just going to blindly read this as LEGO Justice League game in works.

Yeah.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 17, 2011, 14:49 Ruffiana

That's just low. Why? What's the point of fucking programming designed for children? Does Sesame Street have a dummy corporation that does money laundering for human trafficking or something I'm not aware of?

894 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo