Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Noctis

Real Name Noctis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2003, 06:20
Total Comments 27 (Suspect)
User ID 17411

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com: "Your customers hate DRM"
30. Re: GOG.com: Nov 13, 2011, 12:59 Noctis

I agree! I hate it so much I don't even buy steam games. No Skyrim for me. There are plenty of other games out there that I can play instead.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stronghold 3 Q&A
2. Re: Stronghold 3 Q&A Oct 17, 2011, 18:52 Noctis

I was excited for this until they decide to use Steam.  

News Comments > Skyrim Using Steamworks
40. Re: Skyrim Using Steamworks Aug 18, 2011, 19:28 Noctis

And... Pre-order cancelled.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever and Steamworks
37. Re: Duke Nukem Forever and Steamworks Feb 15, 2011, 18:40 Noctis

And order for Balls of Steel edition... canceled.  

News Comments > XCOM First-Person Shooter Announced
61. Re: XCOM First-Person Shooter Announced Apr 14, 2010, 15:22 Noctis

Well... this looks terrible.  

News Comments > PC Dragon Age Has Top-Down Camera
24. Re: PC Dragon Age Has Top-Down Camera Oct 17, 2009, 06:07 Noctis

I think this was the first thing I checked to see was in when I heard about this game. Tt's good to see that it wasn't sacrificed. It's one of the best, if not the best, features for tactical combat. Even if it wasn't memory related, I could see how a top down view on a tv would be less desirable just based on the distances one generally sits away from a computer monitor vs a tv.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans
119. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans Oct 8, 2009, 21:42 Noctis

Why wouldn't they include this with the rest of the game? Sound's like B.S. to me.

BioWare has a dedicated team working on DLC. Why wasn't it included in the main game? Because the content wasn't nearly complete by the time the main game was locked and into QA, certification and manufacturing. The main game and Warden's Keep are in different stages of development and there is no way that WK could be released with the main game at this stage.

There is a long held belief that main game content is being removed and sold separately. This is not the case. The content is being developed in parallel by a dedicated team.

None of our DLC is required to enjoy Dragon Age: Origins, but we hope you will give some of it a try or at least arm yourself with reviews from trusted sources (whether it's Gamespot or your Uncle Ray) and make your own decision.

Derek,

I am aware of the parallel team and know that it wouldn't have been included on disk. I am also aware that Warden's Keep is being used as a bargaining chip to sell the Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition. There is simply no reason that they couldn't have included a download code for everyone that pre-ordered. I understand it's away to leverage the download edition. However, no matter the amount of flowers you try to shovel onto it, everyone will still feel screwed by this. That is of course, other than the download users.

I'm sorry I still value ownership of my games. My psyche tells me to cancel my pre-order edition and wait to see if there will be a game of the year edition with this include to get the most value out of my purchase. This of course will also be when it's around 30$ and saves me quite a bit of money. Also, I am a person that doesn't buy downloadable content ever, so if it's not included with the boxed edition, then I won't buy it. I see what companies are trying to do. De-value ownership and I don't like it. I don't want to imagine the day when you need to pay a subscription fee to play a single player game.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2009, 21:49.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans
2. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans Oct 7, 2009, 19:17 Noctis

Why wouldn't they include this with the rest of the game? Sound's like B.S. to me.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Delay
11. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Delay Aug 8, 2009, 14:40 Noctis

Delays are generally good for games. I have no complaints. It just shows that they care.  

News Comments > Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
23. Re: Civilization IV: The Complete Edition May 5, 2009, 17:32 Noctis

Awesome, now I will finally buy it.  

News Comments > No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins
24. Re: No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins May 5, 2009, 03:34 Noctis

Amazing news! This is some of the best news I've heard in awhile.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Mass Effect Two-Disc Edition Jan 18, 2009, 15:54 Noctis

I never played the original Mass Effect because of the DRM that was included. I also heard they didn't make the controls PC friendly. I would buy it if there was no DRM in it.  

News Comments > NIMF on Manhunt 2
40. No subject Jun 24, 2007, 17:07 Noctis

This is garbage. The average age of a gamer is over 18. Let the adult gamers decide what they want to play. How adult titles are handle are basically censorship because no body carries them due to only sex games got the AO rating. It's not our fault that they don't want to be a parent and monitor their children or don't read the label before they buy a game.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Teaser Tease
31. Music May 2, 2007, 18:49 Noctis

Wow that music blows.

News Comments > Command & Conquer: The First Decade
11. No subject Nov 4, 2005, 12:03 Noctis

I will have to agree with some of you guys. I loved the earlier games and didn't touch the later ones. It's lame that couldn't just come up with a new one. It sucks that they will be getting a cash flow for this. I would hope that they had the forethought combine it all to make one menu or something. At least put some work into it is all I am saying.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Return to Infinite Space
1. No subject Nov 4, 2005, 11:53 Noctis

I am suprised the screenshots look pretty decent. I immediately thought, without reading anything, "This is probably better than MOO3!".

News Comments > UFO Aftershock to Land in N.A.
23. Sweet Oct 27, 2005, 16:51 Noctis

Sweet Bonzai Berries of Yore!

I almost waited 2 weeks for this.

News Comments > Euro Ships Ahoy - UFO: Aftershock
1. US Release? Oct 24, 2005, 13:20 Noctis

I played the demo. I found it addicting. I played Aftermath before but I didn't what what I was doing and always died quickly. Aftershock is sweet.

News Comments > Black & White 2 Ships - Patch Plans
6. No I don't think so Oct 4, 2005, 13:17 Noctis

After B&W 1, no I will not buy this game. Molyneux spoke after the game was done horribly and B&W2 was just announced. He said that there was so much stuff that they should have left in. Therefore I don't trust his abilities anymore. If you should have left it in, you shouldn't have hyped up B&W and released crap. I play all kinds of games, so I am not biased by type.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 13:17.

27 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo