Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for cia

Real Name cia   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname cia
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2003, 01:46
Total Comments 245 (Novice)
User ID 17398

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > UT2004 Patch Status
1. No subject May 1, 2004, 13:40 cia

Please get the STAT SERVER back up!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > English Gothic II Add-on in Doubt?
22. Re: No subject Apr 27, 2004, 19:41 cia

Best RPG ever made - makes morrowind's stilted dialog trees and vacant world seem unfinished - at least they could farm this out - just swap dialog and speech!

Maybe some bilingual german hacker will work his magic for the fans...

News Comments > Hitman: Contracts Demo
2. Re: No subject Apr 27, 2004, 19:37 cia

Why buy it if I can't back it up? Hitman 3 uses starforce3 protection, which prevents most backups. You can work around this, but then again I do not wish to be hassled with lousy protection. Goodbye.

News Comments > Wideload Games Opens
4. Re: Halo Engine... Apr 26, 2004, 12:59 cia

Hopefully they will not release the next halo-engine game on the pc, and keep it to the consoles instead where it belongs.

News Comments > DoJ Goes Pirate Hunting
102. No subject Apr 23, 2004, 10:36 cia

An industry awash in profits that compare to the motion picture industry is crying over phantom losses and pressuring law enforcement to dedicate their limited resources to make a few high-profile busts in the hopes that it will scare them even more profits.

A run on sentence, but then again the whole concept of global intellectual police is diarrhea. The same applies to patent law and enforcement.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 10:37.

News Comments > UT2004 UnrealScript Development Environment
15. Re: w00t! Apr 22, 2004, 03:23 cia

Tweaked up in every aspect, especially the bots - this game absolutely rocks online! Onslaught and assault provide nonstop, action-packed, strategic gameplay.

News Comments > Joint Ops to Bust Punks
21. Re: eh? Apr 21, 2004, 10:05 cia

I still enjoy playing America's Army with evilhack, which still works if you have a different compiled version. I hope to extend the cheating in this game.. we'll see!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Contracts
32. Re: Eh... Apr 21, 2004, 10:02 cia

Starforce 3 protection on this title.

This makes it impossible to make a backup copy for yourself, just so everyone is aware. Unless a working NOCD patch comes out for this, I refuse to buy it, as I have no recourse once the disc goes bad, except to pay more money for a replacement.

News Comments > America's Army SitRep
4. Re: No subject Apr 17, 2004, 17:10 cia

Will they incorporate vehicles into this update, so that you can drag civilians out of them and beat them to death with US army-issued truncheons. It would be nice to have vehicles in the game, and civilians that you can try to avoid killing but don't really care if they get mutilated.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/printpage/0,5942,9282015,00.html

News Comments > Painkiller Patch
37. Re: No subject Apr 15, 2004, 09:34 cia

Why wouldn't you want to be treated like a dog, just because you shelled out fifty bucks? Run around and fetch the CD like a good puppy! When commanded, put it in the drive. Oh, so convenient!

I never buy a game unless a NOCD patch is available and working. Double copy protection is for the drooling masses.

News Comments > America's Army to Invade Consoles
4. Re: As we've already seen... Apr 14, 2004, 16:25 cia

it will be fun to cheat against the console players. i love the irony of raising honor while cheating! fits so perfectly with the subject matter.

News Comments > GeForce 6 Announced
61. Re: Nvidia vs Ati Apr 14, 2004, 16:22 cia

i expect a ho-hum game from doom3, but the engine should work nicely in the hands of competent developers. just wish carmack would create an engine capable of outdoor levels and larger environments. maybe next time.

the question about geforce 6 remains - will it become a blurry mess like the rest of the nvidia line, with minor exceptions such as leadtek using quality components?

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 16:24.

News Comments > Op Flashpoint: Resistance & GotY Patches
4. Re: Hats off to BIS Apr 14, 2004, 16:19 cia

this game has no peers. fix the physics and add in-game joining and OFP2 will raise the bar once again.

just installed the ECP mod and addons - yea baby, even more realism and fun in this game!

News Comments > SÖLDNER Delayed
15. Re: You know Mar 5, 2004, 20:25 cia

OFP is unparalleled as a simulation. Looking forward to OFP2 and in-game joining!

News Comments > Nitro Family Demo
29. Re: staring blankly Mar 4, 2004, 09:30 cia

A pile of dung.

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Gold
45. Re: My 2¢ Worth Mar 3, 2004, 09:03 cia

----First off we were winning the ground war.-----

Just like Iraq, with the population now supporting our corporate occupation. Perhaps you can rationalize destroying much of Indochina, I can't.

There is no proof Bin Laden was involved in 911.

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Gold
44. Re: Excellent review at gregpalast.com. Mar 3, 2004, 09:01 cia

---Apparently it's a little too realistic. I can't wait to play it!----

How can that be? It has a teen rating! There is no rape involved in this game, is there?

News Comments > Spector of a New Tomb Raider?
41. Re: Hmm... Mar 1, 2004, 00:06 cia

No - DXIW was designed for the XBOX as much as people deny it. The whole design progression of dumbing down the game says CONSOLE all the way.

Tiny levels are another giveaway.

News Comments > Spector of a New Tomb Raider?
10. Re: No subject Feb 29, 2004, 11:36 cia

Spector is a great guy.. he has given the gaming community several classics. What he will do with this withered turd of Tomb Raider remains to be seen, but at least it can't be dumbed down or made more console like than it already is!

Starting at the bottom, you can only go up!

News Comments > DX: Invisible War Patch
62. Re: No subject Feb 28, 2004, 14:26 cia

And I am sure Thief 3 will be at least pretty good. It's a good thing if designers have to fit their games into the "limits" of the XBOX.
----------------

HEY, mr. crystal ball, I strongly disagree not only with your soothsaying about an unreleased game, but about the tiny-ass levels in DXIW which were a DIRECT RESULT of coding for the crap box. They 'FIT' into the XBOX's limited resources and have NEGATIVELY affected the PC version. Read the reviews - they are not stellar and they all mention what a hit this game took from its XBOX development.

Perhaps your academic arguments about efficiency were relevant in 1985 when hand coding assembly language was the tool of choice for optimising primitive games, but today PC gamers want more depth/realism than limited console hardware can deliver, and optimizing for a tiny console will never allow this.

245 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo