Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 691 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 28, 2014, 00:22 1badmf

DukeFNukem wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 23:22:
1badmf wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 19:37:
i actually just bought an xbone, and i hafta say, the kinect is not completely useless. not worth the $100 premium, but i got it for $430 which was totally worth it.

Not completely worthless. I like that. That should be one of the bullet points on the retail box. "Not completely worthless". You probably love Windows 8 too I am guessing. LOL. It takes all kinds I guess.

was... was that supposed to be an insult? wtf is wrong with you kid? i made an innocent comment directed at nobody in particular, that was at best a backhanded compliment at something you apparently hate, and you still decided to fling some hate? you need help son.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 27, 2014, 19:37 1badmf

i actually just bought an xbone, and i hafta say, the kinect is not completely useless. not worth the $100 premium, but i got it for $430 which was totally worth it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2014, 02:54 1badmf

tim howard has been long acknowledged as one of the best in the world. in fact that's one thing we've always had going for us; we seem to have no shortage of world class goalies. our backup brad guzan would probably be the starting keeper for any other team in the tournament. the rest is true; we don't have elite talent in the outfield, but we're also not as atrocious as the eurosnobs would have you believe.

that germany game was as much a result of klinsmann's tactics as it was a disparity in talent. it was clear to me his plan was to sit back, concede possession, defend with our superior size and athletic ability, then chase the game late. about the 80th minute we finally started to press high, force turnovers and create some chances. we could've done that the whole game, but we probably would've lost like 6-4. our attack is actually quite good and the germans' great weakness was a slow backline so we definitely could've bagged a few goals on them. we beat them 4-3 in mostly a B team matchup a few months ago.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2014, 00:42 1badmf

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 14:36:
1badmf wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 14:08:
it'll be another generation of players, maybe two, before we can legitimately challenge for the cup.

Not if your best players keep staying mired in the swamp of poor play that is US soccer. All your best players need to play in European leagues for 8-10 years, then come back and raise the level of play in the entire US. This is a process that will take 20-30 years, but it's the only way it's going to happen.

Your best players aren't going to get better if all they play against are the dregs of US Soccer.

Germany dominated throughout, with the exception of the last two minutes when the US FINALLY started attacking. If none of your players can beat the opposing player one-on-one, all you're left with is continuously passing it around, and that rarely leads to wins.

I was amazed Germany only scored once. (Your goalie had a lot to do with that, and the defense played well.)

i presume you don't follow US soccer too closely, cuz this is precisely the way our team and league are built. our best players in MLS are cherrypicked by european teams, spend a few years there and eventually come back. most of our lineup has played in europe at some point, some of them very successfully. to name a few; clint dempsey was a leading scorer for a team in the EPL for several years. michael bradley was a starting midfielder for AS Roma. jozy altidore scored 31 goals for a dutch league team. a lot of the rest play in germany.

the process you're talking about started a long time ago; that's why i think it'll take only a few more generations before we're competitive.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 14:08 1badmf

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 11:50:
I have a nasty suspicion that Der Mannschaft is going to wallop the shit out of the US.

Then Portugal will beat Ghana by 11 goals, meaning they go on, and not the US.

Then everyone at my company will be so pissed off that we close, and I get the afternoon off.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

booo creston! hisssss! boooo!!!

on a more serious note, we played well enough for who we are, but germany are just several levels better than us. just too many sloppy passes and touches from our guys. klinsmann has us playing as a strong unit, but he can't make our guys more talented individually. still almost tied it at the end though =D

it'll be another generation of players, maybe two, before we can legitimately challenge for the cup.

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 00:54 1badmf

don't forget,

"eef it bleeds, vee can keel it."

"KEEEL MEEE!!! I'M HEEAAAAA!!! KEEL ME NAO!!!"

also one of the more underrated ones, jesse ventura's "I ain't got tahm to bleed."

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 19:00 1badmf

$20 for a supermarket steak?!? good god, hope it was at least a Prime cut. at my local i can get a pack of two choice cuts for about $8, not even marked down. and the best steak i've ever made was just last week, bought a single from target, not even labelled with USDA cut type, and it was amazing. or if i really wanna go cheap i can go to stater bros., buy a single unlabelled steak for $4.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 14:06 1badmf

dutch are definitely a scary looking team, especially without the thuggery of van bommel and dejong kicking the shit out of everything that breathes.  

19. Re: contact Prof. Quatermain immediately Jun 23, 2014, 12:33 1badmf

harlock wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 12:14:
so.. hollow earth is real? ... says Havard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth

uh.. what? where does it say that? hollow earth is logically impossible. gravity alone would crush such a structure.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 11:37 1badmf

Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 11:24:
Dagnamit wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 10:41:
The best possible result for both USA and Germany is a draw, because that puts them both at 5 points, while Portugal and Ghana can't get 5 points even with a win. The US will still probably advance as long as they don't get blown out, or Ghana and Portugal keep it close.

Previous world cup matches where such a scenario occurred were terrible, as the teams would just agree beforehand to draw, and then they'd spend 90 minutes just meekly passing the ball from defender to defender without ever bothering to do something.

I think FIFA has drawn up some kind of rule to outlaw that behavior now, so if it looks as if you're actively not trying to win, something something something. No idea what they did anymore. Make both teams forfeit the 1 point? I can't be bothered to look it up.

In any case, Germany's usually never too keen on such things, so I doubt that will happen. (They might still tie, of course, but I don't think it'll be deliberate.)

actually, germany (west germany at the time) were the ones who instigated the current method of having the final group games played at the same time. in '82 they went into their final game with austria knowing they had to win 1-0 to advance. austria would still advance in that situation. they scored early, and then the rest of the game was 80 minutes of 22 dudes trying not to look like they were colluding to advance.

that was a fantastic game though. can't believe the horrendous defending at the end - bradley for coughing up the ball to create the counter, or cameron for just plain whiffing on the cross or picking up the attacker. which was funny because overall our defense was really good and played well as a unit. it just came down to individual gaffs that led to both portugal goals.

7. Re: Naked Sunbather Causes Traffic Chaos Jun 22, 2014, 17:37 1badmf

i think the problem isn't that she was nude, but that she was HOT heh, and that's a distraction that's much more universal, regardless of how acceptable it is.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
52. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 23:55 1badmf

i think any real space sim nut knows scott manley, that delightful scottish space junkie. some of the stuff he does in KSP makes the rest of us look like monkeys playing with heavy construction equipment.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
51. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 23:50 1badmf

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 21:09:
Tumbler wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:30:
Question I was accepted into the Dogfighting Beta, but have never purchased anything from them. To participate do I need to purchase a ship and the Dog Fighting Arena?

If you don't own anything at this point I'm confused why you got invited,

Think about it... it's genius.

i don't get it either. unless helf is a friend/family, i don't see how he could've been invited. invitations go by citizen ID number. you don't get a CID unless you're a backer. as long as your package says 'alpha access' you're in. but you got an invite so you're in anyway. just download the game, enter your login/pass from the website, and you're good to go. but again i don't see how helf got an invite.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2014, 06:11 1badmf

cuz i'm lazy. like i said, i only go grammar cop when there's legitimate confusion.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2014, 23:44 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 18:40:
1badmf wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 18:19:
drug?! dragged!

Both?

i try not to be a grammar nazi, but when it's a completely different word that means something else, i have to say something. drug is not the past tense of drag, unless one supports the further butchering of shakespeare's beloved language.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2014, 18:19 1badmf

drug?! dragged!  

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
32. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 07:09 1badmf

how did you guys get in the alpha test?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2014, 05:04 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 03:38:
Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 02:43:
Unlike the World Cup so far this year, where the refereeing has been so lopsided as to be truly laughable. It's like they're not even bothering to hide it anymore.

I'll just leave this little commentary by John Oliver right here.

hahaahah that was fucking brilliant. fuck FIFA man. the only way it'll ever change though is if one of the major regions mutinied and started their own governing body. has to be UEFA (europe) or CONMEBOL (south america). no one else has the clout or money to pull it off. my god those guys are cartoony evil. they make the NSA look like ras'al ghul to their boris and natasha.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2014, 19:21 1badmf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 19:11:
(though the penalty that lead to the tying goal last night was pretty vexing).

Fixed games were very evident this year. Need only to look at any of the Wild games to see how atrocious and obvious the calls were....

you don't know fixed games until you've watched NBA or FIFA refereeing. the NHL has some questionable calls, but they're nowhere near as bad as those two. overall the kings were just a better team. as for that call, well maybe the rangers shouldn't have been selling out their own zone before the puck even left. even if it hadn't been called, the kings would've had a 5 on 3 down low because the rangers forwards all blitzed down the ice while Muzzin intercepted the clearing pass. the rangers overall got the benefit of more powerplays including two in overtime. they just couldn't convert their chances and the kings did.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2014, 19:16 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 17:48:
Still waiting for Ant's impressions of E3.

As for no booth babes, overall I think that's a positive development.

it's a futile effort. as long as men and women want to bump uglies, both genders will always be objectified. it exists in every facet of our lives; there's no reason it should necessarily be excluded from E3. just because i ogle at hot chicks doesn't mean it's the only thing i see. the girls at work treat me like a piece of meat sometimes and trust me, i have no problem with it =D

691 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo