Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 755 (Graduate)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadow Realms ShakyCam Video
3. Re: Shadow Realms ShakyCam Video Aug 14, 2014, 01:39 1badmf

you guys are so short sighted.

i've always been intrigued by asymmetrical multiplayer and think it's something with vast potential thats been woefully underexploited by a conservative industry. this looks like it's a dungeon master vs heroes type of deal and if so, and if it's as customizable as dnd was, this could have some massive 'awesome' potential. i would be DMing all freakin night as bluesnewsers constantly tossed themselves into my meat grinder hheheh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2014, 01:32 1badmf

i have this theory that people are born along a psychological spectrum of empathy. people low on the scale are sociopaths. i don't know if there's a term for people who are highly empathetic, but i tend to think i'm one of them. i don't do anything before considering how it affects anyone around me.

the assholes abusing Zelda, they're obviously on the low end. the worst part is, they think they're doing nothing wrong because they just cant imagine how it's making her feel. same with online trolls and hackers. undiagnosed sociopaths. i think it's a very large underlying problem with our society that's not very well recognized. i'm almost certain there's a disporportionately high correlation between criminal behavior and sociopaths. i think at some point all people should be tested for it when they're young. that way it can be curbed and hopefully minimize venomous behavior like this when they grow up.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 18:39 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 17:19:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 14:49:
Blue wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:51:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:47:
I agree with you that the optimism we are seein in this usual negative cesspit is a curious thing...

Clearly what we need is more wellsprings of positivity like yourself.

I agree. I wouldn't piss all over a publisher that releases some of his most popular games for free, for example (Sims 2). Neither would I piss all over a game I haven't even myself played (ESO). So, yeah, in relation to the bitter old souls here, I'm ok with you calling me a wellspring of positivity. Fuck yes!

Whoosh.

hahahaahahahah. of course there's the possibility he was fully aware and just choosing to make the best of it. NNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2014, 18:28 1badmf

so did carrie fisher. i saw a pic and she looks, well, healthy.  

News Comments > Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players
11. Re: Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players Aug 13, 2014, 01:04 1badmf

MDB wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 17:45:
Always been a little baffled by World of Tanks' apparent success. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would have any kind of mass appeal.

you're seriously underestimating the number of military buffs like me if you think tanks don't have mass appeal. there are a lot more people interested in tanks than there are interested in, say, big titty hos raiding tombs, or assholes trying to outhack the chicago city grid.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 00:55 1badmf

KS wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 19:24:
"Forced the Ranger to watch while his wife and son were murdered."

Is this part of Tolkien mythos?

this story? no, not as far as i know, and i know a lot about the extended fiction that JRR wrote. some of the characters are, but not the main one. the act itself? there's some stuff like that, particularly in The Silmarillion. the story of turin turambar was some particularly fucked up drama.

News Comments > Goat Simulator Sells "Almost 1 Million"
7. Re: Goat Simulator Sells Aug 12, 2014, 18:48 1badmf

wait wait, so this game is more than just a lark?!?  

News Comments > Into the Black
24. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2014, 01:11 1badmf

i loved him to death, and for that reason i agree with the 'more pissed than sad' dude. he brought such joy to the world, and now i don't think i could see one of his movies without it making me angry. if it really was just falling off the wagon, then he was a weak minded fool. i know a guy who claims he feels suicidal sometimes and i feel the same way about him because i know his entire life story and he's lived a better life than pretty much anybody i know. his problem is he's really intelligent and really arrogant at the same time, and he's convinced himself of the indisputableness of nihilism and as a result of his arrogance there's no talking him down from it. but what it boils down to is that he's reasoned his own way out of pure joy, and it's no one's fault but his own.

i won't dispute there are occasional legit reasons for suicides, but no one will ever convince me alcohol is one of them. he kicked it once he could do it again. he just gave up and took the easy way out. dammit robin, dead poets society was one of my most beloved films too. =(

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2014, 00:33 1badmf

SlimRam wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:50:
Sorry to derail the thread but they just found Robin Williams dead apparently Tony Stewart ran over him with his car...

That is all.

well, now that that's out the way, i'd just like to say, Robin, we were all better for having a friend like you. O captain my captain =(

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
17. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 13:30 1badmf

dunno if any of you remember it, but quest for glory (at the time hero's quest before some litigation changed it) was the first taste of RPGs i'd ever had. great intro to character development and storytelling.

also, code wheels were for nubs. even as a 10 y/o, i could hack my way into most games just be guessing or using the hex editor in norton commander.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 13:25 1badmf

just so we're clear, that's *not* a euphemism right?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 7, 2014, 18:44 1badmf

yeah the apple tax doesn't really fly when you have a limited budget that has to work for thousands of kids.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2014, 18:37 1badmf

that's all superfluous because non-humans can't own copyrights. so if the person doesn't own the copyright and the monkey actually took it, then nobody owns the copyright and it's in the public domain.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed SF Gamer's Night & Action Figure
3. Re: Assassin's Creed SF Gamer's Night & Action Figure Aug 6, 2014, 18:16 1badmf

the giants can collectively eat a dick. that is all.  

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2014, 01:23 1badmf

i still think she has a case against rovio. it's pretty clear the game is based on her designs with some modifications. and if she copyrighted her work, they can't just rearrange a few things and come up with a new copyright. i think it's close enough that if she really pushed it, she could likely invalidate rovio's copyrights and take them to the woodshed over this.

it'd be like me making a game called ManBat and BirdieBoy and saying DC has no case. of course it depends on the licensing deal, but based on what little i've read, hartz didn't have the right to resell the license since she retained it, so that would also contribute to invalidating rovio's copyrights.

12. Re: Angry Birds Aug 5, 2014, 17:42 1badmf

the game is still largely derived from her work and thus still entitles her to consideration. if she wins this, that's where the largest chunkachange is gonna come from.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2014, 17:11 1badmf

Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 12:59:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 12:27:
Am I the only one who really wants this EmDrive to actually work? This is probably the best news i've seen in months.

It works. It's only been the US that somehow still seemed to believe it doesn't work, even though it was already validated more than once.

The theory has been around basically since the 60s, but it took awhile for man to build a working prototype. A similar concept exists for a drive that works by pushing aways photons, IIRC.

It gives only a tiny, tiny amount of thrust, but once you're out of the gravity well, it's plenty to propel basically anything. And since you can keep thrusting indefinitely, you could theoretically get up to quite near light speed with it. (I'd just hate to have to sit there and wait the 7000 years it'd take to slow back down again. )

from what i've read they have no idea how it works. it was built first, and then the theories started coming in afterwards. NASA's own paper specifically mentions it doesn't want to get into theorizing and is just a proof of concept of the machine itself.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 1, 2014, 01:08 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 20:32:
I think that a lot of people predicted they'd use a smartphone screen. Note 3 screen seems about the right size and type: Super AMOLED. It should be light years better than the original.

Anyone been using theirs? Any impressions?

markplier seems to really dig it. he does lets plays of scary games on the OR so as far as usability is concerned i trust his opinion.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 01:06 1badmf

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:18:
Adrianne Curry's role in life seems to be to draw attention to herself, ever since she posted photos of her playing wow with no clothes on (if not before).

well she is a professional model, so, i don't see what the problem is. doesn't hurt that she's also nuclear hot.

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 18:48 1badmf

people still blame the victim in sexual assaults? is that still a thing? guess we haven't moved forward as far as i'd hoped. stephen a smith was just suspended by espn for a week for the same thing.  

755 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo