Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 549 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
19. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 1, 2014, 19:16 1badmf

cutter... no, not going to be baited into this stupidity.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2014, 19:04 1badmf

i agree. dunno what cutter thinks is worse than blatant rape of the spirit of the constitution and the founding fathers, and just cuz it was done to others doesn't make it less of an evil. our government has probably done some bloodier things for sure, but i can't think of anything that was more of an utter disregard for individual rights and liberty; probably the single most important pillar of our foundation. when disregard of our explicit rights becomes ok, that's when the true path to a police state becomes a frighteningly real possibility.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 22:06 1badmf

is it... is it good? what does such a thing even taste like?!? such odd customs you have, you east coast foreigners.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 18:13 1badmf

dude actually sounds somewhat like a real life ignatius reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces if you ask me. interesting character.  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
110. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 04:52 1badmf

dropping in with full custom difficulties ON! christ even alerting the birds in the prologue tutorial failed the mission and ended that playthrough. ironman is gonna be one tough mutha...  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 25, 2014, 00:12 1badmf

i'm pretty sure it's actually just down to cost - $100 is a nice chunkachange for most gamers. and then the bad PR - MS has to make up for that by being cheaper than ps4 cuz side by side, dollar for dollar ps4 is clearly the better system right now.  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
29. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 13:41 1badmf

harlock wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 13:34:
NKD wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 13:25:
TotalBiscuit seemed to like it a lot. Good enough for me.

shouldnt "good enough for you" be based on how much you like it? whats stopping anyone from playing this game? adequate peer pressure?

at the same time it doesnt mean people who dont like it are going away, or dont exist, or arent capable of forming opinions either

"gonna bury my head in the sand, because, damnit, i wanna" .. heh ok go for it - but make sure to tell everyone before you do

jesus did thief 4 kick your dog or something? you honestly can't see how what you just said is complete and utter fascist bullying? dude wants to give the game a chance based on a respected reviewer's opinion - that's what reviews are fucking for! why are you getting on his case for that other than you're the one that can't tolerate a differing opinion.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2014, 13:18 1badmf

never shopped there myself, didn't know it was like that. personally i find modern health movements to be laughable. be reasonable with what you eat, enjoy life and taking care of your body and you'll be fine. being healthy shouldn't be the chore it is for most people - it should be a joy like it is for me. then it becomes easy to go out and do stuff.  

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
27. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 23, 2014, 23:53 1badmf

i don't think the second map is fully representative. while watching the level playthru, i'm pretty sure i saw multiple routes that the player chose not to take, probably making the level much bigger.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2014, 23:45 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 22:50:
Thanks for all the comments. I'll check Farscape out.

I like Voyager, but prefer shows like Firefly and BSG (2) better. The strength of Voyager for me so far as been in its characters, not its stories, whereas BSG and FF had both great characters and stories.

I've watched the first season of Bab5 twice, but not beyond. I keep getting distracted somehow. I need to continue that, as I hear it really picks up in later seasons. Somehow I couldn't get into either W13 or Eureka, despite watching about half a season of each. Ditto for Revolution (which just seemed unrealistic after watching The Road), but I did watch 2 full seasons of Continuum before I thought it got too samey. I'd recommend that if you're looking for a decent sci fi show, as the first season and a half are pretty good.

I really need to watch Fringe too, so I hear.

Now that HBO has worked its magic in the fantasy genre with GoT, maybe they can turn some of that talent to Sci Fi. Foundation series by HBO?

you can pretty much skip season 1 of babylon5 the first time. in fact my recommended viewing order for any b5 n00b is seasons 2 thru 4, then 1, then the series finale, then season 5 if you're really in need of a fix. season 1 is good, don't get me wrong, but it's almost totally portents and foreshadowing without much in the way of plot. otoh, it becomes very rich and rewarding if you can watch it all in order; i'm just afraid for the ADHD crowd they wouldn't be able to stomach the slowness of season 1 and lose interest in the show.

still can't believe how much people like BSG2. it's fuckin' awful imo. absolutely the worst written show i've ever seen.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2014, 18:05 1badmf

farscape is very worth a watch. get a giant bucket of popcorn and a tub of soda ready cuz you'll be stuck for the long haul. the effects take some getting used to and the predominantly aussie cast can be distracting, but the writing is top notch, and especially once you get emotionally involved in the characters it's surprisingly moving... and then REALLY moving.

your tastes may be different from mine though if you really like star trek. i've always felt trek was mildly interesting at best; nowhere near the cream of scifi like farscape or babylon 5 or star wars. the writing was just never very strong, original, or creative.

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
17. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 10:28 1badmf

yeah this game doesn't really tickle my stompy robot fetish like OG mechwarrior does. shogo/hawken/virtual on always felt like... just, dudes fighting. never had the weight of giant mechanized combat.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 10:22 1badmf

a wolf strolling down your hotel hallway. i think that qualifies as a, "nope nope going home" moment for me.  

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics Demo
9. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 20, 2014, 00:16 1badmf

Fantaz wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 19:15:
Derek Smarts!

Derek Smarts!

Derek Smarts!

we summons you

haha i see he's as infamous here as he was on the old voodooextreme forums. did he ever come here to lambast you guys with his deliciously idiotic self-righteousness?

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
15. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 18, 2014, 19:57 1badmf

all these guys will get jobs elsewhere. they're too talented/have too good resumes not to. i'm really interested what levine has up his sleeve.

re; infinite. play. the damn. game. seriously, one of hte most profound gaming experiences i've ever been through.

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
2. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 18, 2014, 18:10 1badmf

sad, but at least Levine will continue to make games. really, they should just rehire all the old Looking Glass guys and bring them back together.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2014, 18:05 1badmf

two weeks' worth of pent up comments to re-crash the server time!

aaaand... GO!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 11, 2014, 15:29 1badmf

the problem with conspiracy nutjobs is that they're not after the truth like they claim. they have a set belief and then they cherrypick evidence to try to support their agenda. that's why no one takes them seriously - any rightminded person can see the preponderance of the evidence in no way support their ridiculous ideas. of course that doesn't mean they're wrong, but their ability to interpret evidence is, plainly, broken.

i love it when they go on youtube rants and tell people they're sheep, and to open their eyes, when the truth is they don't have a prima facia leg to stand on.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2014, 15:21 1badmf

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 14:23:
Say 'I apologize' one more time, mother fucker. I dare you! I double-dog dare you!

Jackson was right, though. That guy should not be an entertainment reporter.

i think anybody that lives here in socal thinks of sam ruben as a bit of a douchenozzle who only lives to hobnob. he pretends hes friends with these celebs who only ever give him either 'who is this clown' or 'oh god this fucking clown again' looks while trying to politely talk away from him.

News Comments > Watch Dogs in Q2
11. Re: Watch Dogs in Q2 Feb 10, 2014, 16:41 1badmf

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 14:31:
Whiskers wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 14:28:
I'd rather they take the time to make it right rather than shove it out the door and fix it later, as is the current trend these days.
I don't follow all the Ubisoft titles that closely, but I don't think that's been the case with any of their latest games on the PC.

dx:hr came out baked well and tasty. also, bitch about their quality if you want, but most of the assassin's creed games don't release with THEM! level bugs.

549 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo