Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 656 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ex-Irrational Devs Announce The Black Glove
8. Re: Ex-Irrational Devs Announce The Black Glove Jun 3, 2014, 16:31 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:17:
It certainly sounds unique (but not VERY unique). I'll withhold judgement until I know more.

i'm down for ANYTHING different, douchy art nouveau judgements be damned. hell if it meant time travel via diving into a pile of dinosaur shit, i'd still give it a try.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 19:47 1badmf

i agree about the abyss, especially the director's cut. fantastic scifi film brought down by some heavy handed environmentalism. but fantastically acted and conceptualized.

don't agree about star wars though. its effects have started to look hokey with age.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 18:18 1badmf

it's theoretically possible to come back from deep hypothermia, but the way they froze his body, in a standard freezer, almost certainly the ice crystals formed would've destroyed all the healthy cells in his body. the way to freeze someone is to flash freeze them so that the ice freezes in place, smooth and unexpanded.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2014, 18:17 1badmf

i never got people's obsessions with refresh rate, especially on LCD panels. i've never noticed any form of ghosting or image persistence on my 75hz dell 27" and like all of you i've been gaming since the 90s.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 18:02 1badmf

Creston wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:41:
jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2014, 13:44:
This was my thought. $2B just seems insane. This has consistently been one of the worst teams in the league. What was the estimated value of the team?

Worst team in the league means nothing. They were terrible because they had a moron of an owner who hired morons as GMs, though for the last five, six years they've been decent.

They are IN L.A. That's all that matters. Put money in that team, hire a GM who knows what he's been doing, and that's a fucking printing press for money. See also: Cuban, Mark.

In any case, no professional sports team owner has ever lost money on buying and then selling a team, as the values of these teams just goes up and up and up. If he sells it in 20 years, he'll make lots more than 2B back.

exactly. there's always been a TON of untapped value in the clippers, if sterling hadn't been such a fuckwit. only recently has that been seen with their recent success, but with cp3, blake, to lead the team, and sterling being removed, this team still has nowhere to go but up in value. it might take him longer to recoup his cost as compared to the dodger deal because that included land and stadium rights, but don't doubt the incredible money machine that is top level pro sports.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2014, 18:41 1badmf

not enough pictures in this thread. was expecting more pics/vids in a thread about awesome pets XD  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week
17. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week May 19, 2014, 15:24 1badmf

Drayth wrote on May 19, 2014, 13:55:
S.O.F.2 C.L.O.N.E. N.O. T.H.X.

hah! the classics never die. i used that one on a post about rumor of SoF3. i felt so cool =D

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
21. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 23:04 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on May 17, 2014, 22:02:
Been out all day and just got back, and all you guys can come up with for a SC thread is 18 comments? Man you guys are slacking.

@1bad: thanks for the explanation. Not sure what my backer number is. I did the original KS so probably not too high.

yeah i was surprised too. i think the haters finally got bored of flaming all things SC. maybe we can even have a *shock* civil conversation about it. i would guess your ID is in the 40-80k range. there are about 40k of us golden ticket holders who backed before the KS started.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
18. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 20:15 1badmf

Creston wrote on May 17, 2014, 14:17:
So is that the dogfighting module they've been talking about? They just renamed it?

yes. arena commander is sorta the ingame name for it - a flight simulator for pilots in game to work on their flight skills without risking their ships. yes, exactly like the flight sim in wing commander. and for anyone that's curious, access goes by backer ID number which is in chronological order of backing date. mine is in the 6000s =D

33. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 05:49 1badmf

whoa, JD flingin' out the hatorade. haven't seen that before. usually you're one of the most level headed people here (and intelligent) people here.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 21:21 1badmf

uh... what? where did i mention anything about MIC? i was just talking about building infrastructure to move water from where it's in excess to where it's needed. let's keep the crazy on the low end for now ok? i've had enough of it IRL at the moment.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 19:00 1badmf

water isn't a huge problem for the country as a whole; just need the infrastructure to transport it, which i suspect would be cheaper than building dozens of desal plants. we get most of our water adequately from rainfall and runoff and deficits can be made up by transporting excess from areas with high amounts, like the north and NE this winter.

desalination will always be expensive. it's not like it's a new technology that needs to mature. economies of scale will only help a little bit, but if we relied on that california food prices would still be sky high. also climate scientists predict a strong el nino event this winter which means abnormally high rainfall for the SW.

15. Re: Into the Black May 16, 2014, 03:13 1badmf

where did you read he wasn't a replicant? i've read interviews with scott where he stated deckard was a replicant, and the director's cut makes that very clear.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 10, 2014, 20:38 1badmf

in this strict case, yeah. but if this good deed goes unpunished, it almost certainly encourages the seller to see how far he can push it before he gets some pushback. better now than when he's in some definite legal hot water like selling OEM CPUs as retail.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure May 7, 2014, 23:37 1badmf

djinn wrote on May 7, 2014, 20:49:
I thought the name Tex Murphy rang a bell... Mean Streets.

I'm old.

mean streets was probably my first ever pc game. great, great achievement for its day, and still unique in many ways today.

i played the demo of tesla effect and i was really rather disappointed. it didn't have the depth of exploration of previous games, nor the complex conversation systems. i already bought it though, so here's to hoping the full game has much more complexity.

5. Re: Into the Black May 6, 2014, 23:46 1badmf

the farce is strong with this one.  

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
42. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 2, 2014, 00:06 1badmf

if there's gonna be a blue's SC group then count me in. already have my 315p and cutlass at the ready. also a golden ticket holder, so i'll probably be in one of the first waves of invites for the DFM. i'm sumdumfu over there btw.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 06:04 1badmf

it better not be of old age either. he better bite the dust at least attempting to shoot first even if his palsy prevents him from squeezing the trigger in time.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 04:06 1badmf

well alec guinness is dead. billy dee williams isn't.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 18:22 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 15:37:
BitWraith wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 13:55:
I dunno. 1-3 were pretty gawd-awful. Everyone on my Facebook feed are losing their crap over Harrison, Hamill and Fisher being in the new film. I know what they're visualizing, but that's not what they're going to get on film. These folks are old and way out of shape.

If it was my movie to make, I would do something completely different and recast everyone. I would pull a move like Abrams did with Star Trek and make my own movie. I know fans of the old series dislike the new Star Treks, but I really enjoy them on their own.

Yeah, that's my thought: no need to bring back the oldies, just make a new movie in that universe with new actors.

the future will always be, as will star wars, but we only have the original three for a short time. they NEED to be in a sendoff movie.

one glaring omission; no lando in the new cast!

656 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo