Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1001 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
9. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 02:23 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 00:17:
While I'm not even out of the starting area (after you form the Inquisition), I'm sorta enjoying the game, but also it sorta sucked exploring into a valley and being burnt to a crisp by a dragon WAY out of my teams league.
I hate to say it, but it's almost too open?

that's a bad thing? that's a good thing in my book. i remember stumbling into that valley myself and the 'oh shit' pucker factor was high at that moment cuz i knew the game didn't dynamically adjust difficulty. i ran like a little bitch after the first fireball nearly wiped my team and i haven't been back since, but man am i looking forward to kicking his ass when i do go back.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2015, 01:11 1badmf

in all seriousness though, biehn was one of the more underrated action stars of the 80s/90s i feel. universal everyman type look with a strong voice and confident acting ability i think made him the most believable and down to earth of action stars. i wish he'd been more successful than stallone at least. i for one would heartily welcome back corporal Duane "somebody wake up" Hicks.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2015, 18:17 1badmf

what pisses me off most about that video is how the car absolutely refuses to even touch her brakes. several times the correct move would've been to just slow down and stay in her lane, especially when they're about to pass that other bigrig. but nooooo, braking is for nubs i guess, so she tries to squeeze in between two bigrigs... on a two lane highway. the stupidity is just overwhelming right there.

truck driver wasn't totally in the right either (if he could see her), but bottom line, he had right of way, and he's a fucking bigrig.

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
49. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 05:03 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 02:53:
Wraith wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 02:32:
NKD wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 01:54:
You just sound like a whiny little cunt with an axe to grind, honestly. You're not using reason whatsoever.
I can't hear you. You need to get Luckey's cock out of your mouth before you try speaking.

Seriously, stop being an ass. This influx of cash can only help create a better product, unless FB does something really stupid. So far there is no indication they will. Luckey created this because he's excited about the tech. Zuck bought this because he has $100B he doesn't know what to do with, and he's also a fan of the tech. End of story. Without this money, this product would not be nearly as far along.

don't know why you bother man. he can't hear the truth for all the angry voices in his own head. that 'reply' of his was nothing more than cherrypicked facts and unsupported opinions.

62. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 01:36 1badmf

descender wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 18:00:
Did anyone even bother reading the Wired article that clearly explains why people can see it as different colors? It also explains why one person might see it as different colors at different times.

The white balance of the image is off, so your brain has trouble separating the reflecting light from the illuminating light. This is how your brain figures out colors.

The picture of it that looks ambiguous was simply taken with bad white balance settings, and then you are viewing it with completely different white balance settings. Your brain simply doesn't know how to interpret it.

It's extremely likely people who only see it as blue/black in this image have their color temp set "too blue" on their monitor. Blue != white.

The dress is in fact not white, so... come on brain!

doesn't explain the fact that while at work, four of us said white/gold and four said blue/black, all of us looking at the same picture on the same phone.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection
20. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection Feb 25, 2015, 18:30 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 18:27:
Krovven wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 18:11:
It's a rock-paper-scissors format for the units. Mousing over the units in the Build menu tells you exactly what each unit is strong against and weak against.

Also, IIRC there's kind of a DPS-tank mechanic where you put assault frigates in the front to soak up damage and keep the weak but devastating ion frigates in the rear to destroy enemy cap ships.

ok fine you guys talked me into it quit twisting my arm jeez!

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection
10. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection Feb 25, 2015, 17:30 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 17:15:
It looks good, although probably not as good as if they'd re-done the entire thing from scratch. I ran through the tutorials just now, and it plays just like I remember. Have to make dinner and take care of the kids right now, but I'll be playing more later.

having never played this, is it an epic experience? or does the story fizzle to something predictable and boring? i watched scott manley's playthrough and it seems promising.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 17:25 1badmf

that's what i assumed from yesterday. like i said, miraculous right? i can't imagine how that's even physically possible, especially for the battery. Scope have you opened it up and looked inside the battery compartment?

also: so it wasn't, a dildo, blue? XD

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2015, 17:58 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 13:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 12:19:
I have a few wall lights that are battery powered, they are spotlights for reading.

One won't shut off and when I mean that, I mean ever. The power button does nothing. I'll assume physically removing the batter will do the trick.

But I'm talking like 4 years now it has been on, the others I've replaced the batteries a couple/few times and I shut them off when done, as they'd probably only last a couple days being on non-stop.

However I have this one, not sure how the chemical reaction happened within it, but its a miracle. I now call it the Light that looks over me and is as good a sign as I need that everlasting light does exist.

Wha?

Can you post a pic, or a vid to youtube?

yeah. both a light AND a battery lasting 4 years? that's like, literally miraculous.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2015, 06:03 1badmf

yeah that really was an inhuman comment. dude sounds like a stereotypical SJW - lashing out at the du jour cause without once considering what the actual truth is.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2015, 18:44 1badmf

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 17:08:
Although Cutter is being confrontational about it, he's right. Imitation Game isn't a very good film and is blatantly manipulative. Cucumber-batch is good and there probably could be a good on-message film about this but the movie we got uses kid gloves to such an extreme degree (for instance Turing is never shown or depicted in a relationship with another man) that it ends up being a version of The Help. The Enigma code and how it weaves into the end of WWII is fascinating on many levels but this movie uses them as window dressing.

Cutter I also agree with what you said about Budapest. That ugly undercurrent is what makes this one of Wes' best.

agree. IG is one of those films that will be looked back upon by history as a 'wtf' nominee, even moreso if it wins. a well produced movie with excellent performances that blinds voters to how unremarkable it really is. doesn't help that large parts of it were poetically licensed out of reality.

keira knightly's character was actually an incredibly plain looking woman. turing never had anything approaching asperger's, which miraculously disappears halfway through the film anyway. and in a film about the tragedy of a gay hero, they never cover any of his love affairs with men nor the how and why of his actual death.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 18:05 1badmf

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 16:46:
Is there anyone who wouldn't rather see Neil doing his followup to District 9 already?! Yeah, yeah, we all like Aliens and Predators, but at least D9 was exciting and new. I want to see what happens. I love the way the film ended but hate that rhere's been no followup. Fuck do I care about more chest-bursting aliens. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt numerous times already.

seconded! i always imagined district 9 was something like how chewie and han became buddies. i sorta hope district 10 or whatev is more like a space adventure where they buddy up to save our podunk little planet.

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
54. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 19, 2015, 04:26 1badmf

if they had a sense of humor at all they might as well have just claimed OVER 9000% INCREASE!!!!  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 02:02 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 21:32:
You are right, Nin. WAY too many people get pets without any thought into what effort will be required to care for the pet.

Dogs are cool, but I have no desire to "clean up" after one of them. Not too mention the issue with them needing to go out when there's snow on the ground and/or its zero degrees out.

out of idle curiosity, what's a largish breed that's basically a lazy bum and is otherwise low maintenace (low shedding, no slobbering, etc).

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 18, 2015, 04:02 1badmf

yeah they call it antisocial personality disorder. needlessly complex name for exactly the same thing - characterized by low empathy and high selfishness. not sure why the switch, except that the new label recognizes more of a spectrum of empathy rather than on or off.  

9. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 18, 2015, 03:57 1badmf

with any other hehavioral problem i would agree with you, but there's a saying in psychology - you can't grow a conscience. sociopaths are born, and to a much lesser extent bred. at 16 his brain development should be 'nearly done', as should his sense of morality. we're not talking about a little boy here, but a young adult.

to make matters worse, it seems he's still at the extremely low end of the empathy spectrum. at several points it's clear he has no clue about the negative effects of his actions on others, just that they amuse him. if at 16 he doesn't realize that swatting and doxxing are cruel actions, i doubt he ever will. source - i asked my friend about this, who's getting her ph.D in child psychology from harvard.

6. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 18, 2015, 01:40 1badmf

yeah but never because he could potentially ruin someone else's life. always about himself. classic sociopath.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2015, 18:12 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 12:49:
Blue wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 12:40:
The weather is much nicer in San Diego... you really need to move out of that hellhole and get to someplace really nice.

Actually, where I am the climate is considered better than San Diego. Thumbsup

there's a slight shower in the forecast! run for the hills! RUUUN FOOOR THE HIIIIILLS! RUN FOOOOOR YOUR LIIIIIIIFE! IEEEEEEEEEE! (yes that was an iron maiden joke =D)

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2015, 19:12 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 19:02:
Cottillard Joins "Assassin's Creed" Film.

So the film is set in France?

just a guess, but i rather suspect the crusader kingdoms. they were mostly french speaking nobility anyway.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2015, 17:41 1badmf

Creston wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 12:52:
1badmf wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 12:44:
in my new genesis coupe =DDDD

Ooooh, you got it? How is it?

so much fun. i got the 2.0 turbo. 'only' 274 hp compared to the 348 of the 3.8, but slightly better mpg. and it makes a really nice exhaust noise. not the gurgle-gurgle of a big v8 that i was never a fan of, but that low constant rumble like distant thunder. needless to say, nobody beats me off the line at the onramp meter light anymore =D

1001 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo