Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1209 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
15. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 14, 2015, 06:11 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 04:21:
1badmf wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 00:53:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 19:13:
Sadly, the days of print media are numbered.

For Playboy, demand is softening, and chopping off the pictorials is a way to save money in the face of limp sales.

eh, 7/10. needed to work in a 'flaccid' somewhere in there, like the ensuing post.

Gah! I knew there was a better word than "limp" but it just wouldn't come.

hey eeeeeeasy there tough guy XD

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 14, 2015, 00:53 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 19:13:
Sadly, the days of print media are numbered.

For Playboy, demand is softening, and chopping off the pictorials is a way to save money in the face of limp sales.

eh, 7/10. needed to work in a 'flaccid' somewhere in there, like the ensuing post.

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
69. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 14, 2015, 00:49 1badmf

Dacron wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 23:19:
Jesus some people jump from heated discussion to trying to wipe out each others family trees pretty quickly lol.

yeah, standard operating prodecure for a blue's 'discussion'. i don't even take the flames personally anymore; just chalk it up to rhetorical technique and move on.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day
51. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 05:37 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 19:18:
Nuhauser wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 19:05:
I don't like when my avatar freezes for 3 seconds and then dies.

I am having the same issue. Is it just bad ping?

happens for me in the beginning and end screens of rounds, but not during gameplay. really weird.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2015, 04:15 1badmf

Darks wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 00:01:
PHJF wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 22:12:
Wasn't as bad as the Pirates takeout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opMIWQN-83o

Exactly, that pissed me off to no end. I'm from Pittsburgh, and that one dirty take out slide derailed our season. And btw, for the guys saying it wasn't dirty then how come they guy was completely off on the slid and didn't even touch the base if he intended to slid to try and be safe? Yea, it was intentional and dirty. NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT.

you must not watch baseball much, or just take off the fanboy glasses, cuz that was a pretty typical takeout slide, but you seem to have no idea what that is. when a runner knows he has no chance of being safe, they'll mostly disregard the base and try to take out the baseman. the ONLY thing wrong with utley's slide was that it was late. everything else about it was typical takeout slide.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2015, 22:08 1badmf

i... actually agree with everything you wrote =D

the major problem with the play was that it was legal, not that it was rough. as i said, i've seen far worse takeout slides than that. utley was late to be sure, but with the dodgers' season on the line he just wanted to be sure. i still believe the majority of the fault lay with tejada for not bailing on the play when 1) runner at first was almost certain to be safe 2) it would've taken a perfect play to get him, and that makes it a guarantee utley would take him out. given those facts, he had zero chance of making that play and needed to just take the out at second and bail.

utley going back to second was a giant fuck up because he was called out and neighborhood plays aren't supposed to be reviewable.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2015, 17:40 1badmf

i'm gonna get flamed to death for this, but there was nothing exceedingly dirty about either play. i've watched thousands of games of baseball and as far as takeout slides go both were pretty standard. i've seen dudes slide waaaaay out of reach of second base and nobody batted an eyelash cuz the 2nd baseman was aware of it and got out of the way. utley was at least close to second base both times.

and that really is the crux of the problem - tejada staying planted. i hate to blame the victim but it was his own fault. he has to know the takeout slide is coming and he has to be ready for it which he wasn't either time, keeping his feet planted like he had all day to throw. and of course it makes it worse that he decided to pirouette backwards into the slide for whatever reason rather than stepping away from the bag.

again - of course it wasn't a normal slide; i won't argue that. but it WAS a pretty average takeout slide - something that as far as i know everybody in baseball is ok with.

craig biggio and joe maddon, who i think is the most intelligent manager in the game, agree with me

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads
28. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads Oct 7, 2015, 18:22 1badmf

who's got two thumbs AND the battlefront fiendsnfam beta? THIS GUY.

...just imagine me pointing at myself with my thumbs.

haven't even played yet, just wanted to post some interesting tidbits.

there's an FOV slider!
also 7 game modes under the multiplayer menu. no descriptions, but as listed -
Drop Zone and Walker assault are the two available to play.
Supremacy has a picture of storm troopers fighting in a forest.
Fighter Squadron has a picture of the Falcon and some tie fighters.
Blast has a picture of rebs and storm troopers fighting in what looks like a cargo bay.
Cargo - rebel soldiers in a forest.
finally Droid Run - pic of rebel snow soldiers in winter combat.

also there's an option for single and coop play under 'Missons'
there's training mode
Survival i'm guessing is bot mode
and 'Battles' which has a pic of luke force throwing someone with the description 'fight against a friend or the AI'. interesting no? only survival is available for play in beta.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2015, 17:05 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 15:35:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 13:29:
Only heard great things from coworkers this morning about The Martian. Spoiler free discussion anyone?

It takes place on Mars. Beyond that, spoilers.

i was hoping it would be akin to castaway in space, but alas it's more like good will hunting gets marooned. really entertaining but no depth whatsoever, particularly from the crew.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
23. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2015, 00:05 1badmf

Tom wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 20:30:
If you can't afford a Rift/Vive and the PC to drive it, there's always Google Cardboard.

also samsung's dealie is gonna be around $99 i think i read, but i'm pretty sure (totally guessing) you'd need your own compatible smartphone to insert as the screen. luckily, i have an Edge, so no biggie for me =D

35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 23:59 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 23:00:
Sooooo, has anyone seen The Martian?

It better have a scene of Matt Damon trying to pet and befriend a Martian alien that looks like a cobra. Because we know these things happen in hard sci fi movies, according to Ridley Scott.

no sorry to say, said scene is not in the film. what it is, is, sadly, exactly what i was expecting. which was a good movie, don't get me wrong, i was just hoping to be surprised by something transcendent. but it's not, it's survival comedy with a few cheap heart tugs here and there and a lot of matt damon humor.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2015, 17:00 1badmf

my rb6 siege beta keys, as promised:

ADNM-LMBM-HWQC-L7VT
JCAD-8NA6-RCPG-JP4M
HY7C-LETA-MYY9-43LM
9KMM-TTVQ-VJ7R-Y7UC

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Extended
12. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Extended Oct 1, 2015, 03:14 1badmf

1badmf wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 01:05:
>SandmaN< wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 23:14:
Sad... I still haven't even received my beta download instructions to see how incredibly bad this game is, even though I've been confirmed since July.
Really makes me sad if R6 siege really is that bad, as I used to love the Rainbow Six series.... countless hours of great memories...

Ubi, what have you done??

i don't get the hate myself, i quite enjoy it. doesn't feel floaty to me at all, and the gunplay is precise and satisfying. LOVE the destructible walls/floors and rappelling - really adds a new dimension to fps's.

by the by, i just got 4 closed beta keys and i'll post them in tomorrow's ootb at 2pm pacific time so warm up your refresh keys homies.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Extended
10. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Extended Oct 1, 2015, 01:05 1badmf

>SandmaN< wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 23:14:
Sad... I still haven't even received my beta download instructions to see how incredibly bad this game is, even though I've been confirmed since July.
Really makes me sad if R6 siege really is that bad, as I used to love the Rainbow Six series.... countless hours of great memories...

Ubi, what have you done??

i don't get the hate myself, i quite enjoy it. doesn't feel floaty to me at all, and the gunplay is precise and satisfying. LOVE the destructible walls/floors and rappelling - really adds a new dimension to fps's.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2015, 17:24 1badmf

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 14:25:
Grats on the Mets, Blue. Looks like you'll probably play the Cards in the NLDS.

please please beat the cards. for whatever reason the dodgers can't get a hold of those guys. i think they can handle the mets a little easier though XD

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 26, 2015, 18:19 1badmf

honestly unless he's downloading large files all the time, 50Mbs is plenty fast enough for a household. support the small guy and eff the man!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 25, 2015, 01:05 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 19:32:
Something sounds off tho. Pandora claims $500M paid out in royalties, but one of the top songs only makes $5K? If royalties are shared with Ms. Trainor, perhaps she's getting the lion's share?

i'm betting that's the case. her or the studio. i know back when cds cost $16, $15 of it would go to the studio. the recording industry really is a circlejerk of greed and cronyism that needs to be blown up.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2015, 00:46 1badmf

SlimRam wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 21:42:
"Mister O'Brien, beam me directly to Deanna Troi's cabin...naked"

"counsellor... the nakedness was a transporter malfunction. i swear. so are the crabs."

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 23, 2015, 00:32 1badmf

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 21:02:
You're nuts to buy VW stock right now. The shakeout isn't over by a damn sight and there's going to be consumer backlash too. And even if the manage to recover from this it's going to be at least a decade in coming. So you better prepared to sit on it for at least that long or take a bath on it.

yeah cutter's right for once. stock is gonna tank even further once the penalties are actually levied. THAT's when you should buy.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 22, 2015, 16:24 1badmf

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 15:50:
This news is even more hilarious (re: VW) when you are German, and thus were able to read these insider rumors that the reason they had to cheat was that the part that reduced emissions overall was like 10ct (no joke!) more expensive than the device to defeat JUST the emission test.

Or basically, neocon capitalism at its finest!

(And the German gov knew of this, for many many years.. the ADAC here in Germany is saying this for 10+ YEARS) And it doesn't just involve VW

i'm thinking they also used to to achieve satisfactory performance numbers since emissions controls do lower power output.

1209 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo