Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 702 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2014, 18:40 1badmf

you heard a fox??! jesus H, how do you still have a soul?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2014, 23:10 1badmf

KilgoreTrout wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 22:06:
Cutter, the world is not getting worse. In general it is getting a lot better (though maybe not for you personally). Less violence, less disease, less poverty, more democracy. Have a look at "The Better Angels of our Nature" by Steven Pinker, a very well-researched book about how (contrary to popular belief) we actually live in the least violent period since the dawn of humanity. Even the world wars were not that bad compared to many historical conflicts (in proportion to population).

I don't buy the general doom & gloom scenario, with the possible exception of global catastrophes like an asteroid hit. People have been saying that the world is going to hell in a handbasket since hell and handbaskets were invented, but it is just not the case.

exactly right man. i didn't wanna pick on cutter specifically, but his gloom'n doom pessimism really is not borne out in the least by reality.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2014, 18:13 1badmf

count me in with the optimists in blue's camp. in a hundred years i'm hoping we'll have an offworld colony, and possibly a ship on it's way to another star.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Jumps Into Parkour
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Jumps Into Parkour Jul 18, 2014, 12:28 1badmf

Squirmer wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 11:45:
Some fat nerd's gonna break his neck on that course.

hah, more likely some hack athlete like me who thinks he's better than he is and tries to prove it.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2014, 00:50 1badmf

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 13:05:
Who wants a PS4 Destiny beta code? I have 2 to give away.

OK, WTF? Bungie has the firehose turned on! 13.2Gb in 47 seconds! Wow. Nevermind, it was 3Gb in 47 seconds. Still fast, but now I am DLing 10Gb.

If you get in, you'll have to keep trying to connect to PSN and then Bungie.

will the codes work on pc or xbone? if so i'll take one.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Career Mode & 64-Bit Support Coming
6. Re: Kerbal Space Program Career Mode & 64-Bit Support Coming Jul 15, 2014, 00:45 1badmf

D4rkKnight wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 19:42:
This game hasn't changed much lately. At this rate it will be finished in 5 years or so.

some games deserve an infinitely evolving dev cycle, and this is one of them. personally i hope it eventually gets to where we have to work our asses off to make contact with other players.

11. Re: Soccer World Championship 2014 Jul 14, 2014, 18:38 1badmf

brazil found out what happens when you try to out-possess germany. they high press, get your midfield or (gasp!) defense to cough up the ball, bam! it's in the back of your net before you can even get back on defense. those guys are just machines out there, with their tactics, with their passing, with their fitness. and they're mostly big dudes too.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
15. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 12, 2014, 20:55 1badmf

wait what??! destiny's a PS4 exclusive?? when did this happen??? i coulda sworn xbone was part of the beta.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 00:48 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 21:39:
I agree, it looks amazing. I just hate the gaminess of it, all the stuff I mentioned yesterday, all those console compromises, all those simplifications. They detract from reality, and it breaks the immersion. I can't believe I'm in this world when everything has tool tips, when damage displays in numbers on people, and when I'm in 3rd person view.

i agree the overall easymode design of modern games is somewhat insulting to us oldtimers, but i don't feel it's that big a deal. after playing for awhile they don't even register to my brain anymore. i finally started playing through assassin's creed 3 and despite the consolization, it really doesn't bother me anymore. the only thing that remains to memory is the onscreen action, the character design, and the dialogue you share.

gameplay is eternally transitional anyway - that's why i don't put much stock into griping about it. the innovative first person of wolfenstein to our younger selves is the restrictive, chained experience to us today. really, anything short of holodeck VR is unrealistic so i'm not sure how people say one method of gameplay is superior to another. heck, lots of people still prefer the constraints of turnbased gaming over realtime. Civ 4/5/6 is proof enough of that.

for me, the design of the DA series was such that combat was always subservient to the narrative anyway, and in that regard it's done a fine enough job. if in DA3, they've made the world far larger, with more immersive graphics, design, and character interaction, and combat isn't totally unfair one way or another, that's all i need.

10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 00:35 1badmf

a blender isn't art, and if you can't see the difference, well, i'm afraid you're the idiot. there are certainly degrees of quality of art; we're not just talking about pure functionality like a blender.

i promise you you've qualitatively judged a film in such manner - wes anderson films are a little too offbeat for my tastes, but overall still good films.

or, art itself - van gough's brush strokes are too broad for my liking. i prefer the more minute dabbling of monet, but van gough is still among the best.

so why should games be judged any differently? answer, it shouldn't, and only off-the-scale biased expectations could make people think that a worthy experience can be truly awful.

1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 11, 2014, 19:27 1badmf

preeeeeetty game. i don't care how much haterade you guys pour on this, i'm going to play the hell out of it. i loved DAO and DA2 was still a good, enjoyable experience. a lot of you are too exacting in your expectations - it wasn't the bleeding edge masterpiece we'd hoped for, but failing to live up to that, anything can still be a good game. people just need to keep in the mind the full spectrum of possibilities it could've been, not just that 'it's not a masterpiece; therefore, sucks'.  

37. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 11, 2014, 00:14 1badmf

haha yeah aveline and isabela were always my party members cuz of the catty bullshit they always flung at each other. also you don't need to have a savegame ready. i'm pretty sure i've read that they're gonna release a savegame maker program thingy for everyone to abuse.  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2014, 00:06 1badmf

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 16:57:
nin wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 16:09:
Yo, X7, Bungie's site now lets you pick your format. And apparently we each get 3 beta keys.

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!

are... are you guys talking about destiny beta keys? if so, and if you have a spare, any chance you could fling one my way?!?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 9, 2014, 18:56 1badmf

man i hope the kid has like a 12 inch monster as a silent fuck you to the prosecutors.  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2014, 00:40 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 22:17:
1badmf wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 18:21:
Lorcin wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 17:54:
7-1 against Brazil??? Guess the US wasn't as bad as people here made out.

yeah i tried to keep telling people what a machine germany were and what would happen if we got into a shootout with them, but people just kept insisting we were just the terrible team they all thought. we weren't nearly as good as them, but also not as bad as the possessions stats suggest. it was just down to tactics.

Is this score a validation of Klinsmann's stategy for the US vs. Germany match?

i feel so. our best chance of winning was to defend all day and try to steal a goal at the end which we almost did. to try to play with them would've resulted in a similar blowout.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 18:21 1badmf

Lorcin wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 17:54:
7-1 against Brazil??? Guess the US wasn't as bad as people here made out.

yeah i tried to keep telling people what a machine germany were and what would happen if we got into a shootout with them, but people just kept insisting we were just the terrible team they all thought. we weren't nearly as good as them, but also not as bad as the possessions stats suggest. it was just down to tactics.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 00:21 1badmf

uh... what? where did i say anything about storms or storm surges? if you're going fast enough and you catch enough air, you'll be lifted off that slide, i guarantee it.  

19. Re: F-16 Lands Uncomfortably Low.... Jul 7, 2014, 14:37 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:26:
Atomic wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:04:
Yea, kind of crazy. I don't think it an accident.

And, I'm fairly certain that is an F-18, but still a cool video.

Definitely an F-16. Freeze the vid at 0:16, and you'll see the characteristic single underside air intake and single rear engine. F-18s have two of each.

you're an aviation buff too JD? heh, cool. pretty easy to identify it was an f16. btw, do you go by JD-Reyer, or J-Dreyer?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 11:03 1badmf

i wouldn't trust that thing for a million bucks. hit a thick patch of water, or bounce down the slide the wrong way, catch a little air under you, and you're flying off into space. yes i could see they put fencing around it. have fun being extruded through wiring at terminal velocity.

edit: i believe there's a video out there of this exact thing happening. dunno if it's on the same slide though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 7, 2014, 09:48 1badmf

man i love how these pigs always, always try to weasel their way out of full responsibility first, no matter what. only when they're threatened with national humiliation do they do the right thing.  

702 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo