Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 644 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Trailer
1. Re: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 01:53 1badmf

awww what the fuck is this? laaaaaaame.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 19:35 1badmf

anyone else having trouble connecting to steam? won't logon for me.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 18:56 1badmf

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 14:48:
Reminds me of a dream... er nightmare I had as a kid. Was dreaming that a witch like creature was killing my family members. When it was about to be my turn I woke up in my room. As I'm looking around thinking that was a scary dream the witch appeared over my bed and buried an ax in my head. I spent the rest of the night in a corner of my room with my BB gun.

The Dowd story sounds like BS to me. The description seems more like a bad acid trip then something one would experience on pot.

wait so did you wake up again after the axe to the noggin? or were you really awake and she just vanished or something? funny, picturing a young yosemite sam with his patchy kid beard hyperventilating in the corner with his dual bb guns heh.

i've had dreams like that, where i'm half awake but still dreaming and it's sorta overlaid on my reality. sometimes i get stuck in that state and even though i'm fully aware i can't force myself to wake up.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
10. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 09:28 1badmf

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 08:43:
I admit, I'm a little surprised.

aren't you a backer? i coulda sworn i saw you post as such. surely you aren't one of those morons that swear to high heaven that chris roberts is a scam artist.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
9. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 09:27 1badmf

commonperson wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 08:59:
Glad it came together without too much of a delay. I think most of the grumpy people (save the few partisan haters who would say stuff no matter if it was out on time or not) would have been much cooler with the delay if it was communicated better. I hope they learn their lesson and communuicate status and objectives in a more controled manner in the future.

really? communication is your gripe? as far as i'm concerned they've communicated the state of the game far better than any previous developer. who else would've made daily posts about the bug list until release? they really can't do better than that unless you're such a needy personality that you have to be personally satisfied even at the expense of actual work they have to do.

a lot of people really love the idea of this game, but some of them have lost all perspective in regards to game development and only care about their personal fix.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 09:20 1badmf

cmon blue, that's totally more of an inception joke than a matrix one. maybe you should throw yourself out of bed to see if you can wake up one more time.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 09:19 1badmf

after all the hype i've been hearing about that scene, it really didn't come close to the reality ahahaha good god that was fucking nasty.  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 02:03 1badmf

pssst... DFM/arena commander being rolled out as we speak =DDDD  

News Comments > Ex-Irrational Devs Announce The Black Glove
8. Re: Ex-Irrational Devs Announce The Black Glove Jun 3, 2014, 16:31 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:17:
It certainly sounds unique (but not VERY unique). I'll withhold judgement until I know more.

i'm down for ANYTHING different, douchy art nouveau judgements be damned. hell if it meant time travel via diving into a pile of dinosaur shit, i'd still give it a try.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 19:47 1badmf

i agree about the abyss, especially the director's cut. fantastic scifi film brought down by some heavy handed environmentalism. but fantastically acted and conceptualized.

don't agree about star wars though. its effects have started to look hokey with age.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 18:18 1badmf

it's theoretically possible to come back from deep hypothermia, but the way they froze his body, in a standard freezer, almost certainly the ice crystals formed would've destroyed all the healthy cells in his body. the way to freeze someone is to flash freeze them so that the ice freezes in place, smooth and unexpanded.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2014, 18:17 1badmf

i never got people's obsessions with refresh rate, especially on LCD panels. i've never noticed any form of ghosting or image persistence on my 75hz dell 27" and like all of you i've been gaming since the 90s.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 18:02 1badmf

Creston wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:41:
jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2014, 13:44:
This was my thought. $2B just seems insane. This has consistently been one of the worst teams in the league. What was the estimated value of the team?

Worst team in the league means nothing. They were terrible because they had a moron of an owner who hired morons as GMs, though for the last five, six years they've been decent.

They are IN L.A. That's all that matters. Put money in that team, hire a GM who knows what he's been doing, and that's a fucking printing press for money. See also: Cuban, Mark.

In any case, no professional sports team owner has ever lost money on buying and then selling a team, as the values of these teams just goes up and up and up. If he sells it in 20 years, he'll make lots more than 2B back.

exactly. there's always been a TON of untapped value in the clippers, if sterling hadn't been such a fuckwit. only recently has that been seen with their recent success, but with cp3, blake, to lead the team, and sterling being removed, this team still has nowhere to go but up in value. it might take him longer to recoup his cost as compared to the dodger deal because that included land and stadium rights, but don't doubt the incredible money machine that is top level pro sports.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2014, 18:41 1badmf

not enough pictures in this thread. was expecting more pics/vids in a thread about awesome pets XD  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week
17. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week May 19, 2014, 15:24 1badmf

Drayth wrote on May 19, 2014, 13:55:
S.O.F.2 C.L.O.N.E. N.O. T.H.X.

hah! the classics never die. i used that one on a post about rumor of SoF3. i felt so cool =D

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
21. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 23:04 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on May 17, 2014, 22:02:
Been out all day and just got back, and all you guys can come up with for a SC thread is 18 comments? Man you guys are slacking.

@1bad: thanks for the explanation. Not sure what my backer number is. I did the original KS so probably not too high.

yeah i was surprised too. i think the haters finally got bored of flaming all things SC. maybe we can even have a *shock* civil conversation about it. i would guess your ID is in the 40-80k range. there are about 40k of us golden ticket holders who backed before the KS started.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
18. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 20:15 1badmf

Creston wrote on May 17, 2014, 14:17:
So is that the dogfighting module they've been talking about? They just renamed it?

yes. arena commander is sorta the ingame name for it - a flight simulator for pilots in game to work on their flight skills without risking their ships. yes, exactly like the flight sim in wing commander. and for anyone that's curious, access goes by backer ID number which is in chronological order of backing date. mine is in the 6000s =D

33. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 05:49 1badmf

whoa, JD flingin' out the hatorade. haven't seen that before. usually you're one of the most level headed people here (and intelligent) people here.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 21:21 1badmf

uh... what? where did i mention anything about MIC? i was just talking about building infrastructure to move water from where it's in excess to where it's needed. let's keep the crazy on the low end for now ok? i've had enough of it IRL at the moment.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 19:00 1badmf

water isn't a huge problem for the country as a whole; just need the infrastructure to transport it, which i suspect would be cheaper than building dozens of desal plants. we get most of our water adequately from rainfall and runoff and deficits can be made up by transporting excess from areas with high amounts, like the north and NE this winter.

desalination will always be expensive. it's not like it's a new technology that needs to mature. economies of scale will only help a little bit, but if we relied on that california food prices would still be sky high. also climate scientists predict a strong el nino event this winter which means abnormally high rainfall for the SW.

644 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo